To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Hardcore Area

A forum for discussion on the Xpert Eleven Fantasy Management Simulation game
evilflamingo
Treebeard

Re: Hardcore Area

Post by evilflamingo »

Let's start a dicussion shall we?

You're in the first week of the season and you've just scouted a 16/4 midfielder with the Hard trainer SQ (no other SQs) and excellent compability.

How much would you be willing to pay for him? You've got €50M in the bank so money is not really an issue.

I myself would probably be willing to offer some €13M and then plan to keep him in the squad 'til his retirement.

Richt
FISO Knight
FS Record: Averagely consistant.

Post by Richt »

How many Econs to the Euro? :mrgreen:

evilflamingo
Treebeard

Post by evilflamingo »

Richt wrote:How many Econs to the Euro? :mrgreen:
According to XE, it's 0,9762 but let's make it easy for ourselves and pretend that it's 1:1 8-)

Rob
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: WC2010 FISODAS Champion!!

Post by Rob »

If I weren't such a stingy so-and-so I'd go as high as 15m.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Depends how good the rest of the squad and League opponents are ie enough Visible Skills to pass on to him...

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Base price for a MF - 5m to 8m
Compatibility bonus - 500k (for one so young it hardly matters unless you're farming)
Hard Trainer - 3m (for a 16 year old)
-----------------------------------------
Total 8 - 12m

I think there is a scale I would pay a premium for a HT depending on age. For anyone under 20 and over 32 I would consider paying double the value apart from a 16/4. With a 16/4 you just don't know what you're going to get; it's a high risk investment.

A 16/4 could be a 16/3.6 have a low natural form, could be borderline injury, have low GI etc so the ROI is riskier in a 13m 16/4 compared to a 4m 17/4.

Any manager can manage 16/4's into 18/6's but that's two season for minimal returns. 16/4's (or 17/5 keepers) will accumulate value much slower than other youths IMO.

All that said if you have 50m then you can afford the gamble and with more and more abandoning the YA the prices will only increase. Until the app is released we don't know what money will mean compared to teams?

evilflamingo
Treebeard

Post by evilflamingo »

WilBert wrote:A 16/4 could be a 16/3.6 have a low natural form, could be borderline injury, have low GI etc so the ROI is riskier in a 13m 16/4 compared to a 4m 17/4.

Any manager can manage 16/4's into 18/6's but that's two season for minimal returns. 16/4's (or 17/5 keepers) will accumulate value much slower than other youths IMO.
What is the "low GI" that you're talking about? I didn't quite get that one.

You do bring up a good point in that 16/4's are not really for making money. It's a lot easier to buy a 16/3 or 17/4 with some decent SQs and then sell them as 20/8's or something. The 16/4's I've invested in, I intend to keep for a looong time.

I can also confess that the question wasn't just asked out of the blue as I were in the process of buying said player. I ended up paying 11,2M for him which seems like a rather fair price based on the overall opinions here. Then again, most on the TM wouldn't know that he was a HT so the price is probably a couple of millions less than it could have been.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Goal Instinct I would guess, and that 16\4 could be as low as 3.5, with the rounding up.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Yes GI is goal instinct. Just a theory of mine or may have read somewhere. Extended from the injury prone player/introduction of the stamina SQ.....

Some injury prone players (With injury SQ) never get injured others seem to get injured all the time. Some non injury prone players (without injury prone SQ) seem to get injured often. Therefore my logic makes me think there is a "base score" for players and over or under a certain score an SQ will appear.

E.g. every player has 5% chance of injury and a scale of 1 to 20 increases the chance by 2%. Injury prone SQ appears at 15.

Same things apply for other SQ's like Goal Instncts etc imo.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

There may be a fixed total for GI, Power-Shooting, Pace and Heading, but not the others; although the GK'ing ones maybe fixed.

My understanding is that if there are 20 points for a skill then a visible appears at a given number probably somewhere between 12 an 15. (Or 6.5 to 7.5 for 10) So a non-fragile player can be just below the threshold, and a Fragile one just above it....

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Makes sense, thanks. I disagree that it's limited to certain sqs though.

That natural form score seems the most important though. I should be more ruthless about ditching some players that year after year you have to flog the guts out of. Mind you these players sometimes spring into life after a few seasons. You noticed that blah or do you never keep them long enough to notice :P

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I was involved in a thread on the Forum about it, and I believe that it is limited to those SQ's.

It can not be all of them due to new ones being added - as all existing players would get the same value for a new one (as they all had the same total for the previous ones) if it were all SQ's.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

So they introduced a whole new value for every player in the game when they introduced the Stamina SQ :P

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Not sure I understand. Hypothetically if all SQ's totalled the same before eg 110, then making this total the same with Stamina at 118, would mean all players got 8 for Stamina...

If the 4 (GI, PS, Speed and Hding or the GK ones) all add up to the same then the rest are just randomly distributed, with some having a higher total than others...

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Those 4 sqs might add to a fixed value but most other sqs will have a random value making them more or less of that trait surely?

My point was that you could get a brilliant looking 16/4 striker but they could be low in goal instincts, borderline injury, borderline bruise low stamina with low latent/natural form. That would be a heavy burden for a long term player or an expensive fruitless investment.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Definitely, but you mean very low in HT re the form bit?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

No HT is a defined already I think isn't it? Something like 25% benefit of training and likewise less reduction in form. Similar for Diva that is a straight yes or no.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Congrats to Rich for making the top 100.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

http://www.xperteleven.com/gameDetails. ... 27343&dh=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

What the wotsit happened here?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Your usual massive win bonus destroying any balance in the game? :wink:
Last edited by WilBert on 27 Sep 2013, 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I thought they just limited the loss, rather than the result :cry:

A rather expensive friendly, but you should see the Green Arrows :?

Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Post by Spinynorman »

Blimey Blah! Some good looking skill stats. :)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Fkn crazy. Just looked at their XI, and the lowest one was 10 skill ffs!!!

It was a banker loss and cost me 1m :evil:

Good job I am getting over 15m this close season...

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

WilBert wrote:Congrats to Rich for making the top 100.

Thanks mate. I am as shocked as anyone tbh. Although it has been a good couple of seasons with my pub team.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

Hywel Crilly in the Tin came in as under evaluated 18/6, had DV16 and is either 6.6 or 7.2. Agent was Steve Read who is fairly accurate (?) so am guessing low in the new skill band 19/7.6.?

I need him to continue the conveyour and not have a horrible gap but could go with 2 x 18/5's easily for the price I'd get for him. Estimated value of 6m, however with only 5 19/7's on the market I think he would go for above that.

Pre season form up to 14 and AF 8.

Would would you do?

Richt
FISO Knight

Post by Richt »

I think he has to be sold. Like you say, you can buy 2 x 18/5's for the same price and most likely have money left over for training.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

WilBert wrote:Hywel Crilly in the Tin came in as under evaluated 18/6, had DV16 and is either 6.6 or 7.2. Agent was Steve Read who is fairly accurate (?) so am guessing low in the new skill band 19/7.6.?
How do you know it is either, or do you mean between?

What do you mean by Read being accurate?

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

I've worked it out to be fairly accurately 6.6 or 7.2. Fair compatibility skews the skill played in matches played to make me uncertain.

Some agents are more accurate than others?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You said Read was more accurate. I thought they were reliable or not.

I am confused why he is either 6.6 or 7.2, rather than between the values.

WilBert
Dumbledore

Post by WilBert »

By my estimates/calculations he is 6.6 or 7.2. Let's say in theory he is 6.6 would you sell?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Xpert Eleven”