To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

MotoGP & petrolhead chit-chat

A forum for discussion on Sports (apart from Football) matters not involving fantasy issues.
bluenosey
Dumblenose
FS Record: FISO Goals Champ 2018/19 & 2019/20

Re: F1, MotoGP & petrolhead chit-chat

Post by bluenosey »

You've done a fine job, Ton :)

As Murf said, just need to change the title to, say, "Moto GP & Petrolhead Chit Chat"

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Re: MotoGP & petrolhead chit-chat

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

BBC coverage of this weekend
On Saturday, you can watch Moto3, MotoGP and Moto2 qualifying from 1150-1505 BST on BBC Red Button and online. Then on Sunday, Moto3 and Moto2 races live on BBC Red Button and online from 0950 BST; MotoGP race live on BBC2, BBC HD and online at 1230 BST

Mystery
FISO Knight
FS Record: 116th in TFF 05/06

Post by Mystery »

Been peeing down in Jerez today. To the extent that a CRT chugger was leading first practice. Pretty meaningless day really.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Good races at the weekend. Moto3 was entertaining despite (or because of!) being a crash-fest. Some nasty looking ones actually. Especially the lap 1 crash involving Danny Kent. Falling off your bike is one thing but you don't expect to land on someone elses bike. Ouch!!

Moto2 was good fun. Marquez didn't win because of the count back rule following a red flag which was funny. Scott Redding was hugely entertaining in the first half and landed a few good shots on his lighter rivals. Suspect that ride alone will earn him a CRT MotoGP ride with Marc VDS next season. He certainly needs to be on a bigger bike and a class with a bike+rider weight limit. Lots of bizarre near crashes and saves.

Haven't yet seen the big class race but sounds like the boy Crutchlow really has the top guys attention. Especially Ben Spies who's looking very ordinary this season. Almost wondering if the Tech 3 team have their bikes setup loads better than the works team.

James Ellison was unlucky I hear too. Losing a top 10 finish on his CRT Aprilia with the failure of a £2 fuel pipe.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Cal was right up there 8-)

Happy with Stoner because I backed him at 5/1 :)

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

i'm backing cal for a podium this weekend.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Cal still right up there. Front row start tomorrow and was in the fight for pole throughout. Leading Yamaha too beating Lorenzo.

Redding on front row in Moto2 and Danny Kent best ever 4th in Moto3.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Been a tough time lately for bike fans.

Joan Lascorz seriously injured (or worse), Brett McCormack took a serious hit too.

Tonight Speedway has lost a good guy in former GP rider and World U-21 champion, Lee Richardson - he died in hospital tonight after a race crash in Poland in which it seemed like he went head first into the safety fence.

RIP Rico

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Casey Stoner retiring at the end of the season. :shock: I know he's had some health problems the last few years, but still...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17052012/ ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Moist von Lipwig wrote:Casey Stoner retiring at the end of the season. :shock: I know he's had some health problems the last few years, but still...

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17052012/ ... eason.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yeah my mate has just told me that :(

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

Seems strange timing, might he change his mind before the end of the season perhaps? Or try a switch to four wheels like Rossi never quite did?

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Already declared an interest in V8 Supercars (them what run round Bathurst) so yeah.

Not surprising to me. He has been highly vocal about his disappointment behind the CRT rules. Not hard to see why either. Even the junior classes have prototype machinery but for the top classes we have to have off-the-shelf engines. Bizarre

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Btw Rossi WILL switch to four wheels. He was running an endurance race a few weeks back. He just won't do F1 or anything. He'd be an ok driver but not the best so what would be the point really. If he's not won a Le Mans 24 before he retires I'd be very surprised though.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

he seems to have a permanent arm pump problem this year, wonder if thats got anything to do with it.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Maybe but he's still leading the championship. He's won the title on two bikes and won 35 GPs so he's got nothing to prove. If the passion isn't there to justify the pain then heading home must be right.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

The recent moto GP races are sitting waiting to be watched on my Sky+ so can't comment on them.

Great Indy 500 finish though even if it meant we had to see an overexcited Ashley Judd bouncing around - definitely not looking as good as in that Viggo Mortensen film years back ;-)

Sounds like a fab Indycar race at Texas last night too. Justin Wilson wins his first ever oval race and that for his team. Excellent effort.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Anthony Davidson had a lucky escape at Le Mans today

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/16062012/ ... crash.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Lucky if we disregard the two cracked vertebrae. Ouch

Great rides by Scott Redding and Cal Crutchlow at Silverstone yesterday. Twitter rumours were that Cal signed a works Ducati contract last night. Doubt it personally but you never know.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

astonishing performace from Cal this weekend. I think yamaha will be keeping him close, ben spies will be having a twitchy arse for the rest of the season.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Not wholly convinced Spies will see out the year. He's been poor in season 2 - like every recent superbike convert - Cal excepted obviously.

The comments today from Cal's Tech 3 boss Herve Poncheral were amazing. Described it an "unforgettable ride" and it's hard to argue.

Problem for next year is Yamaha already have Brad Smith and Lorenzo signed up. I just can't see Tech 3 being all English nor Dovi being happy with anything other than a first team ride.

I expect Dovi to move on personally although that would be a horrible decision by him unless there's a Ducati ride going.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

Dovi today making it clear it is Yamaha dragging their heels and he's not happy about it.

He's probably done enough to justify a works ride. Cal is indeed talking to Ducati but I just doubt it somehow.

The more I think about it an all British Tech 3 feels more likely.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

and to no-ones suprise there's a yamaha works ride going spare......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/18976946" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

myriad of reasons = not good enough

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

I do like the way Spies does his best to blame shadowy figures in the Yamaha camp when in the real world I would imagine he was offered a contract a quarter of the size of the one he had before. Which is all his performance has been worth.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Rossi and Ducati to part ways at the end of the season, back to Yamaha then.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Ta-daa. No suprise there then. Back to the factory Yamaha.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19205254" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So will it be Cal at Ducati or prepared to stick with Tech 3 for another 2 years.

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

All today does is firm up the last key question. Which the Market expected anyway.

So Honda is Marquez (good luck with that) and Pedro-bot with probably still Bradl on the satellite.

Ducati is Hayden and (probably) Cal plus maybe Iannone and Redding on a B team (a bit better than a satellite ride allegedly)

Yamaha is Lorenzo and Rossi with Tech 3 having Bradders and AN Other.

It's Tech 3 who are the victims here plus the existing Pramac riders. Neither Dovi nor Cal think they deserve "only" a Tech 3 ride but there's only the Duke ride available. I think Cal moved first and Hayden will prefer Cal to Dovi anyway.

The fact Ducati have also seemingly taken two Moto 2 riders (not yet confirmed but would be stunned if they didn't) is the shock. Redding had no choice though. He's doing well despite his physical size. He needs a big bike and deserves the shot Ducati gave. Ianonne is good too but I feel he's probably is too small for the big bikes.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

Dovi confirmed for Ducati

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19348866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mystery
FISO Knight

Post by Mystery »

I'm stunned by that but in recent weeks Cal has been talking about Ducati lying to him. It alleged he had an offer from Ducati but I'm wondering if that's with supposed B team and he wasn't happy with that.

I still just don't see him back at Tech 3 even though that's really his only choice in MotoGP.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/19378988" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tech3 it is for another year. All british line up.

bluenosey
Dumblenose

Post by bluenosey »

Mystery wrote:I'm stunned by that but in recent weeks Cal has been talking about Ducati lying to him. It alleged he had an offer from Ducati but I'm wondering if that's with supposed B team and he wasn't happy with that.

I still just don't see him back at Tech 3 even though that's really his only choice in MotoGP.
Italian in an Italian team, well that's how I see it. Shame for Cal - he has punched above his weight for me this year and looks like he could well be a contender, given the right bike.

Looks like Casey's fairytale end is not to be folllowing his high sider at Indy :(

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sports Talk & Events (excluding Football)”