To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The Week-End Ahead...

A forum for Totel Football - the weekly tote-style fantasy football game
Totelfootball
Treebeard

The Week-End Ahead...

Post by Totelfootball »

An interesting week-end of football lies in store…

Man City will be anxious to return to winning ways especially as they look forward to a trip to Old Trafford next week-end. They are now 3 games without a win, hardly the stuff of title contenders. They need to tighten up in defence this week-end against the potentially dangerous Baggies strike force of Odemwengie and Vela. I think they’ll have a little too much for WBA and would fancy your pick of Yaya Toure, Silva, Dzeko or Tevez to put a few past the weakest defence in the top flight.

Fulham leap frogged Villa in the table following Wednesday’s win over Newcastle. They are in a rich vein of form of late, taking 13 points from a possible 21. Villa too are in reasonable form of late. So with only 1 point separating them in the table, I think there’ll be easier options and will give this a skip.

According to Tim Cahill Everton are “too good to be involved in the relegation mixer”. I fancy them to show it this week-end against Blackpool. After a phenomenal start to the season, Blackpool’s form has taken a dip of late. They’ll need a marked improvement if they are to get anything from the game. My money is on Everton to win comfortably & Howard & Coleman will figure on my selection in the expectation that Everton can keep Blackpool scoreless & Coleman might nick an assist going forward.

Arsenal visit Tyne-side this week-end. Newcastle earned a 1-0 win at the Emirates when £35m striker Andy Carroll (the 8th most expensive player ever!! LOL) scored with a header. The Gunners come here in top form. They’ve secured 17 points from their last 7 games and look definite title contenders. Take you pick of Arsenal defenders or Van Persie, Fabregas and Walcott in attack.

You’ll have to fill your quota of Man Utd players too. They’ll have too much for Wimbledon I expect and league top scorer Berbatov can continue to deliver the points. Nani too will perform.

Tottenham v Bolton is a tough one to call. Redknapp will be a little bit dissappointed with his Tottenham’s lack of dealings in the transfer window. Coyle on the other hand has strengthened his hand with the inclusion of Sturridge in the squad. I think this will be a closely fought encounter and might take a chance on good performances across midfield. Lee returns from Asian Cup duty and generally scores well. For Tottenham, Van der Vaart has been a revelation.

Obinna was on fire mid-week for West Ham. Can he unlock a normally tight Birmingham defence?

The competiton closes with the Liverpool away to Chelsea. This is undoubtedly the clash of the week-end. £50m Torres will be out to prove that he is taking “a big step forward in his career” this week-end when he pulls on the blue of Chelsea against Livepool.

Ancelotti has confirmed that Torres will start if fit. He could line up alongside Drogba and Anelka. Chelsea look likely to start David Luiz, the Benfica import. Dalglish could give Suarez a start and may recall Jamie Carragher to the starting line-up. The stage is set for an epic – a fitting finale to Gameweek 26 I think you’ll agree!

It’s going to be a rough week-end out there…. So, in an effort to save it why not make a little investment in your own dream team at TotelFootball. Get it right & you might well scoop the pot!!!. Get it right & you might well scoop the pot!!!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Totel Football”