To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

1 k for fs players-- 5k for betdaq users (same game)

A forum for discussion on Fantasy Stakes
the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

1 k for fs players-- 5k for betdaq users (same game)

Post by the-postman »

ok this is all very confusing stakesy..the regular fs players are losing out to the tune of 4 grand

please explain :mrgreen:

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving season on season

Re: 1 k for fs players-- 5k for betdaq users (same game)

Post by PNE4PREM »

Yes heard about this today was going to raise it later thanks Postie...

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Fantasystakes linked up with BetDAQ, and BetDAQ have been advertising Fantasystakes through their site to get new players onto the account, they've offered 5k on their side of it to attract players to their site (BetDAQ) and get more to sign up to Fantasystakes.

a bit confusing but those playing through fantasystakes are playing for £1k, BetDAQ users for £5k (same rules but not against the fantasystakes.com players)

Whether that made any sense or not I don't know. :lol: but let's hope it brings in a few more players, Fantasystakes deserves them!

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Not the answer im looking for Sam :( ..

We've supported FS all season and suddenly new entrants playing via BetDAQ get chance of winning £4k whereas we get the chance of £1k am I missing something :? :? :? :?

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

PNE4PREM wrote:Not the answer im looking for Sam :( ..

We've supported FS all season and suddenly new entrants playing via BetDAQ get chance of winning £4k whereas we get the chance of £1k am I missing something :? :? :? :?
Very true. I'm sure if Fantasystakes work together with someone in the premiership game we can have a bigger prize with more entrants. Rather than pretty much 2 sets of prizes, one 5x less for the 'regulars' I guess.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Hi gents,

With this promotion there was £5k put up by Betdaq which was the attempt to attract their current punters to fantasy football and also attract new people to Betdaq. Thus the £5k offer is for Betdaq Fantasy Stakes.

As Betdaq were using their version of the game to market to their own punters, they had complete say on how they marketed it. It basically wasn't up to me or anyone at FS to broadcast this.

Our hope has been that Betdaq could motivate their customers which will entice them to help support a big season long prize for next season. I know that's what a lot of the FISO players would like to see, that's what we're working towards and I still hope that comes off.

I am grateful for your support all season as you know. We are not as rich as Betdaq and the best we could do was find £1k for this tournament. I hope one of the FISO regulars manages to win this - it's the best single prize we have been able to offer and one of you deserves it more than any new entrant.

Stakesy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Post by Chrisharry12345 »

I'm sorry stakesy but that is shocking. A simple post on here to let your regular players know would have took a minuscule effort on your part instead of letting us compete for an inferior prize to those that havent played the game.

People on here have tried to help you sucseed with fantasy stakes by incouraging people to play your game be distributing leaflets posting on other sites as they wanted the game to do well and yet it wasnt your responsibility to let us know what was happening

shocking..

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

I think it's disgusting that you didn't promote this :(

chrispyb
Grumpy Old Man

Post by chrispyb »

Stakesy,

Do you keep all revenue for the betdaq game, or is it totally managed by betdaq? If not how is this collaboration going to benefit fantasy stakes as surely lots of regular players that spotted the 'enhanced' prize have played through the betdaq game.

If you do keep the revenue then why did you not just promote the one game with the additional prize?

Don't think from a PR prospective this has worked in your favour if Betdaq customers are playing an other game (instead of promoting and using Fantasy stakes), some regular FS players have switched to the other game (instead of playing Fantasy Stakes world cup) and the one's that haven't are pretty disheartend by the whole thing.

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Hi Chris,

I'm afraid our revenue deal with Betdaq is not for public broadcast.

As far as PR goes, I may sound a bit repetitive from my last post. As a company, Fantasy Stakes funded the Manager of the Tournament with £1,000, the largest prize we have ever donated. As a regular, you'll be aware that the financial figures for FS do not quite stack up profitwise (there are some old threads which refer to this). For us to donate £1,000 was a big deal and I publicised it on here as soon as it was announced on our site.

Betdaq have "skinned" our site to put on theirs. They chose to offer £5,000 for their Manager of the Tournament and to use that to offer a new product to existing customers and draw in new customers. As I said before, it is a completely different website and company, and it was their decision how they used their £5k prize for marketing.

Yes, you're right, some of our regulars will have registered on Betdaq to go for the bigger prize. I suppose it is understandable that they also chose not to announce this, though to be honest I thought people might set up a syndicate to try and guarantee winning that £5k.

At present this is a skinning deal with Betdaq. I think it would be great for everyone if this World Cup "test" extended to a long term collaboration which guaranteed big season-long prizes for all players regardless of which site they registered.

Stakesy

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

I tend to agree with Stakesy. As long as it's for the long term good of the game then this is a good collaboration. Stakesy came on and announced the link with Betdaq but those complaining didn't check it out so it's pretty much out own fault for not spotting the £5k. Also, if regulars flooded the Betdaq site, it would put new users off from winning and therefore entering next season.

I only play it as it's the best game out there and any money I make from it is just a bonus.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

chrismar wrote:I tend to agree with Stakesy. As long as it's for the long term good of the game then this is a good collaboration. Stakesy came on and announced the link with Betdaq but those complaining didn't check it out so it's pretty much out own fault for not spotting the £5k. Also, if regulars flooded the Betdaq site, it would put new users off from winning and therefore entering next season.

I only play it as it's the best game out there and any money I make from it is just a bonus.
How can you agree..We aren't expected to go onto that site to check it out, most of us presumed they were using Fantasy Stakes website and there would be a link to FS from that site.
Would you be happy if you entered £25 worth of teams then realised other people including fiso members were using the BETDAQ site in an attempt to get the £5k prize..I very much doubt it..Some regulars on here have put in more than £100 for the world cup and we're not happy ....

chrismar
Grumpy Old Mar
FS Record: 05/06 Dream Team Winner, 2004 Dreamracers Retirements League Winner, 2003 fantasyf1.co.uk race winner

Post by chrismar »

Don't get me wrong, i'm far from happy also being in the same boat. Others found it and didn't point it out being as "guilty" as Stakesy for not pointing it out. But had it of been pointed out there'd have been fewer entries into Fantasy Stakes itself losing credibility with less and less entries which would be bad for long term survival i feel. We assumed something that wasn't the case and didn't check so should also take some of the blame for not checking out the options.

It won't stop me going for the £1k and i'll continue to put 8 teams in for each round and see how it goes and enjoy the game that i'm playing and not let the Betdaq version concern me. Lesson learned for the future.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Yes annoyed that it happened should have been formally communicated..Not much we can do now ...As you say a lesson learnt i feel...

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Whilst I think it would have been fair to FISOers if an announcement had been made about the betdaq tie-up, we have to remember that FS is a business, and there clearly are not enough people playing the game week in week out to ensure it is here for the long haul. FISO players alone can't keep it going.

So OK, knock Stakesy for not giving us the nudge-nudge win-wink about the larger amount at betdaq, but also remember that FS HQ need to do what they can to ensure the long term future of such a great format of fantasy football.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

If this has been done for the good of fantasy stakes in the long term, then in my opinion you have made a serious error stakesy. If you promoted that 5k well you would have had a significant increase in entrys which would have kept betdaq interested and things would have really kicked off next season.

Instead betdaq have put up 5k and youve had pretty much no entry increases and angered some of your regular players on fiso who will be put off playing fantasy stakes rather than incouraged.

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Out of interest, chris, how would you have promoted the 5k? Seems it was all a bit last minute to me to have done much more, and promotion costs money, of course.

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Jonathan wrote:Out of interest, chris, how would you have promoted the 5k? Seems it was all a bit last minute to me to have done much more, and promotion costs money, of course.

well i wouldnt have left it last minute but thats probably betdaqs fault rather than stakesys.. If the sole point was to gain new people for next season i would have advertised it where ever.. posting it on here, see if chris admin could run something..

If people on here new about the 5k there would have been lots more new entrys from people who have said they like the game but would only play if there was a prize on offer.. if stakesy wanted to prove that this game could grow thats the way to do it surely...

by the looks of it betdaq have done a shite job advertising which again isnt stakeys fault..

I just honestly dont see the logic of not stirring up as much interest as possible really

Stakesy
Treebeard

Post by Stakesy »

Hi Chris,

An odd point to bear in mind :!: ..... for Betdaq to take on the Fantasy Stakes product for the World Cup, strange as this may sound, achieving maximum WC traffic need not necessarily be the prime motive.

For example, they could be only marketing it selectively to see the power FS has in terms of a) attracting lapsed Betdaq punters and b) attracting new punters. I doubt they will want to plug it too heavily and turn all their present punters away from their core product during what is presumably a high-level betting period.

To mix a few metaphors, they may be testing the water and keeping their powder dry for an opportunity for future Fantasy Stakes collaboration.

As I indicated before, Betdaq's marketing strategy is entirely up to them and I am in no way party to it, nor do I have any influnce. Hopefully the above might partly explain the logic which I appreciate may not be immediately obvious to those of us on the outside.

Stakesy

Chrisharry12345
Dumbledore

Ok fair enough Stakesy, hope it works out for you as I, like everyone else want to see this game flourish.

PNE4PREM
Grumpy Old Man

Post by PNE4PREM »

Chrisharry12345 wrote:Ok fair enough Stakesy, hope it works out for you as I, like everyone else want to see this game flourish.

Seconded Chris :)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Stakes”