To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

A forum for discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Games for the Football League (the Championship, League 1 & League 2)
tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general news *

Post by tommymooney »

West Bromwich Albion have signed Wigan Athletic midfielder Ben Watson on loan until the end of the season.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 528865.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

no points update yet :?

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Nottingham Forest have signed Peterborough midfielder George Boyd on loan until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old, who could make the move permanent in the summer, was also wanted by Middlesbrough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 545062.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shame for the Posh this, their best player leaving a sinking ship :| . Bad news in FF terms as well as I expect he will be prone to a bit of rotation at Forest, no longer an always present!

Chief Wiggsy
Grumpy Holman Snr
FS Record: FISO TFF League winner 2005/06 and FISO TFFE League winner 2009 (which got me £100 off NSCTV).

Post by Chief Wiggsy »

tommymooney wrote:Nottingham Forest have signed Peterborough midfielder George Boyd on loan until the end of the season.

The 24-year-old, who could make the move permanent in the summer, was also wanted by Middlesbrough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 545062.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

shame for the Posh this, their best player leaving a sinking ship :| . Bad news in FF terms as well as I expect he will be prone to a bit of rotation at Forest, no longer an always present!
It may tunr out that his VFM improves ... Forest have looked like they lack a bit in the middle of the park attackwise, where as they have enough quality up front. Boyd could easily play behind the striker(s) and contribute lots.

Glad I dropped him a good few weeks ago before his drought of points got to be so bad.

57th poistion ... top 50 finsih I'd be pleased with. Both teams currently in top 100. Transfers maybe lower than one wished now, but a few in each team still to ward away injury or suspensions and maybe a bit of rotation nearer season end.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Chief Wiggsy wrote: Glad I dropped him a good few weeks ago before his drought of points got to be so bad.
That was a smart move, I held on for too long. Obviously the speculation around a move must have affected him, and I think he did have a minor injury that might have also been the cause.

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

I see P Whittingham out with torn groin muscle but what i can't find is how long he is expected to be sidelined for, does anyone know anymore?

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Deppy wrote:I see P Whittingham out with torn groin muscle but what i can't find is how long he is expected to be sidelined for, does anyone know anymore?
I'm in the dark too. No 'official' source forthcoming.

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Tuesday's transfer deadline is 19.30.

Which probably rules out team news from the 20.00 kick-offs. :(

SamD
FISO Knight

Suspended

Post by SamD »

Cardiff's Michael Chopra picked up his 10th booking of the season at Ipswich on Tuesday.
He now serves a two-match ban.

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

tommymooney wrote:
Deppy wrote:I see P Whittingham out with torn groin muscle but what i can't find is how long he is expected to be sidelined for, does anyone know anymore?
I'm in the dark too. No 'official' source forthcoming.
Whittingham is expected to be fit for the Leicester game. source

Bramernic
Dumbledore
FS Record: Plenty of super league prizes, nothing from the organisers.

Post by Bramernic »

Could be a goalfest in the second half at Reading. Bywater injured on 13 minutes, replacement sent off for professional foul just before half time. Shane Long blasted penalty over the bar though. :twisted:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

grumble, grumble 14:54 no points update!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote:grumble, grumble 14:54 no points update!
Ahh thats better!

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

No assist given for Brunt? Given to Koren on Miller's goal. I am pretty confident about this one - looks like a error on match centre:

match centre says:

Goal! West Bromwich Albion 1, Blackpool 1. Ishmael Miller (West Bromwich Albion) left footed shot from a difficult angle on the right to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Robert Koren.

WBA website (and TV pictures say)

And an equaliser duly arrived on 13 when Miller raced onto Brunt's sublime through-ball before slotting past the onrushing Matt Gilks.

http://www.wba.co.uk/page/MatchReport/0 ... 78,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Query logged with TFFCH on the above issue.

Deppy
FISOhead
FS Record: FPL/TFF side game champ 11/12, FISO5AS CHAMP 11/12, TFFOO7 CHAMP 11/12.

Post by Deppy »

tommymooney wrote:Query logged with TFFCH on the above issue.
Looks like it is on there, he has 7 points. 4 for playing and 1 assist this week.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

Deppy wrote:
Looks like it is on there, he has 7 points. 4 for playing and 1 assist this week.
Thanks Deppy - it has been corrected since I posted this - I have moved from 43 to 46 points for the week. Good stuff :D

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

tommymooney wrote:
Deppy wrote:
Thanks Deppy - it has been corrected since I posted this - I have moved from 43 to 46 points for the week. Good stuff :D
I got a reply from Ian at TFF towers also saying the assist is showing correctly - I should be a bit slower in making my complaints known I guess, I just wish the points updates could be right first time :oops: .

I also think whomever updates the TFFCH points reads this thread - it would be great if they could make themselves known - as often the updates appear after I bump this thread :P

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

tommymooney wrote:
tommymooney wrote:
Deppy wrote:
I got a reply from Ian at TFF towers also saying the assist is showing correctly - I should be a bit slower in making my complaints known I guess, I just wish the points updates could be right first time :oops: .

I also think whomever updates the TFFCH points reads this thread - it would be great if they could make themselves known - as often the updates appear after I bump this thread :P
Thing is they have missed a couple of assists this season already so if anyone does notice mistakes we should let them know, it's just by chance they cleared that 1 quickly.

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

How did everyone do yesterday?
I had 5 goals but conceded but conceded 6 should have 42 points. Hopefully enough to go up a few places for a change seems as though everyone has the same teams.
28th overall but just can make any headway on the one's above me.

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I got 5 goals too...but hard to score brilliantly when Newcastle and Swans concede!

Could do with the points updating soon- 2pm first kick off today, and need to know if I still have a chance in the superleague cup!

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Just heard a rumour that Andy Carroll has broken Steven Taylors jaw in a training ground bust up. Not good for Carroll when he's already on charges of GBH, lovely bunch of players down at Newcastle :lol:.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

fil16 wrote:Just heard a rumour that Andy Carroll has broken Steven Taylors jaw in a training ground bust up. Not good for Carroll when he's already on charges of GBH, lovely bunch of players down at Newcastle :lol:.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 582320.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

murf wrote:
fil16 wrote:Just heard a rumour that Andy Carroll has broken Steven Taylors jaw in a training ground bust up. Not good for Carroll when he's already on charges of GBH, lovely bunch of players down at Newcastle :lol:.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 582320.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
will carroll continue to play? But I do feel like dropping (the highly effective) oaf on principle!!

Deppy
FISOhead

Post by Deppy »

tommymooney wrote:
murf wrote:
will carroll continue to play? But I do feel like dropping (the highly effective) oaf on principle!!
Who to replace him with though?
Not that many strikers in great form in the league, midfielders are the better players at the moment but they wont let me have a formation of 4-6-0.

fil16
FISOhead

Post by fil16 »

Didn't make much difference then :)

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

I think Berner is still injured, but no definitive news. 40 year old Chris Powell will continue at left back for Leicester :shock: . I think he's even older than Paul Furlong :lol:

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Post by tommymooney »

a reminder that Forest v Cardiff is showing at 5pm on BBC1 on Monday.

There are two more championship games to come from the beeb this season, as this will be the 8th of 10 they are permitted.

SamD
FISO Knight

TV fixtures

Post by SamD »

WBA v M'bro is the BBC's subsequent Championship live match: 5.15pm, Sat 17 April. Perhaps corporation's last game will be from final round on Sun 2 May, when every league fixture starts at 1pm?

List of Football League TV games is regularly updated at: http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/TVGamesDetail/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

tommymooney
FISO Knight

Re: TFFCH 2009-10: Telegraph Championship game * general new

Post by tommymooney »

Thanks Sam. It was confirmed today on Football focus that the BBC would have 'coverage' of the last day of the championship season. I suppose they will choose the game nearer the time.

In other news...

Carroll was fit today, but just given a rest as far as I can discern.

No points update from yesterdays games at 17:10, off on their hols!?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Football League (Championship & Leagues 1 & 2)”