To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 FISO AFL Premiership

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
Sarky
FISOhead

Re: 2009 FISO AFL Premiership

Post by Sarky »

So long as Mitch Brown doesn't score 396 points I should be alright for a top 4 spot. :D

M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Post by M-boy »

:lol: If he does I'll be spewing as the Aussies say, I've got him as emg but Lids and Buddy'll probably play.

Cookiez and Scotty are comfortably ahead in their matches. Tippaz is thumping Worm, but Worm should still keep his place in the eight because his point percentage is a fair bit higher than Canary's. It's Canary 1642 vs 1847 for me, but he's got two more players than me in tomorrow's matches.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

What do you mean I'm only bothering to post this cos I've done alright for a change the last couple of weeks?

Round 18 Results and Ladder

I rock again 8-)
Tedbull got over 2000 :shock: .....but still lost to X-Man

Round 19 Fixtures

In what was the pivotal tie of the round ScottyMac spanked SunderlandFan to end her hopes, as well as those needing results to go their way.
Cookiez sealed his spot with a win over Golden Bear, whilst Worm lost to the recently revitalised Tippaz but still finished a spot above him, limping across the line with a sub 1800 score enough to win a coveted finals place. Tippaz turned it on too late this season when the pressure was off but will be among the favourites for the minor honours.

Zuluwarrior and Uncsi played out what turned to be a pretty meaningless match in the end, with both at least making the minor qualiyfying finals. Canary Yellow hit a very respectable 2171 but came up against the in form M-Boy and would of needed a ridiculously huge score to not only get the win but the necessary percentage.

Tippaz v Uncsi looks to be the tie of the round in the minors, with both in excellent form and each averaging above 2250 over the last three weeks. Whilst SunderlandFan can take her frustrations out on Tedbull

There ended up being a 5 way tie at the top of the league with Sarky's 19th best in the whole universe weekly score enough to knock atx1303 out of the top 4. Not happy with this outcome as it means that I'll be up against M-Boy in what looks like it could be the highest scoring tie of the major finals, with averages of 2340 v 2190 over the last 3 weeks.

Five Long Bones gets the chance to immediately avenge his loss to Dalythgoe in the other qualifying final.

atx1303 can bounce back against Worm, though the loss of Chapman, Higgins and Balantyne will hurt him if he's out of trades.

One of Cookiez and ScottyMac who both scraped through to reach this far will also be finished for the year, with Cookiez perhaps favourite before trades are made as ScottyMac is another who's been screwed in the forwards.

Edit: I know it's not so relevant this week but suppose I ought to post the points table, if only to give Sunders something to gripe about. :lol:

unc.si
Grumpy Old Man

Post by unc.si »

Donut city this week :evil:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Thanks Sarky.

Since St Kilda are throwing their game this week, I'm looking at a probable donut in the backs. So I'm not sure it'll be the high scoring tie of the round everyone wants to see.
Sarky wrote: Edit: I know it's not so relevant this week but suppose I ought to post the points table, if only to give Sunders something to gripe about. :lol:
:lol:

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

Triple Krispy Kremes for me this week... :roll:

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

At least 1 possibly 2 donuts for me this week!! :( And in the week I face a team without Goddard and Grimes :shock:

I'm missing Chapman this week too, but that proved to be a decisive transfer 6 weeks ago (choosing Chappy over Stevie Johnson) , however likely to cost me in the finals...

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Goddard, Grimes (Raines)
Montagna, Selwood (Meyer)
Riewoldt, Johnson, Higgins, Ballantyne (Hentschel)

That's 5. :roll:

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Sarky wrote:Goddard, Grimes (Raines)
Montagna, Selwood (Meyer)
Riewoldt, Johnson, Higgins, Ballantyne (Hentschel)

That's 5. :roll:
Thank you Selwood and you too Johnson for at least bothering to turn up.

Did a double trade out of annoyance when perhaps it might have been more sensible to just take the loss, but at least I've finally got rid of Raines :D
Raines :arrow: Lockyer
Higgins :arrow: Didak

We've both only got the one donut at the moment (if Broadbent doesn't play for M-Boy), with pretty similar teams.

Cornes, Hodge, Enright, Post, Kornes, Pavlich, Goodwin
v
McPhee, Houlihan, Milburn, Rich, Fevola, Koschitze, Mitch Brown, (Broadbent emg)

142 points from Fevola later and I'm a lot less confident. Can't really complain about Houlihan's 94 as i wouldn't have been surprised if Milburn had got that and Houlihan had 52.

cookiezncream
Grumpy Old Man

Post by cookiezncream »

Hello.

tedbull
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 82nd 08/09

Post by tedbull »

Hello.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Hello.

Special mention goes to M-Boy who goes throught to the prelims as the only one to break 2000 :evil: and to Tedbull :shock: who had such a good week he even felt confident enough to show his face in here :D

The ignominy of a first round exit from the losers finals at the hands of Tedbull goes to SunderlandFan, who'll want to forget her end of season this year. Her bad luck and bold trading strategy looks to have left her short at the end of season. Joining her in hanging up their boots for the year are GoldenBear, Worms and ScottyMac who lost by just 27 points to Cookiez. Cookiez, who despite being just 13th on the total points table has earnt a semi final spot against Bones and looks to be timing his charge just right. In the other semi, atx will run Sarky much closer than he did a couple of weeks back in a fight to face Dalythgoe in the prelim.

I'm number one in the rest of the world by the way!

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

Nice one #1. :D

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

ta :D

Cookiez, Atiq, Tedbull and X-Man can eff off.

Almost felt sorry for Ted after his recent high scores, then remembered he should count himself lucky to have even qualified for the minors. And Uncsi's score would have been good enough to knock anyone out (give or take 774 people)

top four in the regular season through in both the major and minor finals, with good use made of second chances.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Sarky wrote:
Almost felt sorry for Ted after his recent high scores, then remembered he should count himself lucky to have even qualified for the minors. And Uncsi's score would have been good enough to knock anyone out (give or take 774 people)

top four in the regular season through in both the major and minor finals, with good use made of second chances.
:lol:

Thanks for taking up the slack here Sarky. Haven't had much quality internet time in the last few weeks so it was just as well I wasn't playing last round. Got the SJ conundrum to solve this weekend or it could be a fourth successive season without silverware for the Crocs.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

I was tempted to ship out SJ but partly due to Hentschel's 85 last weeks and partly due to arrogance I figured I didn't really need to trade this week to go through. Beginning to regret it as it's very close at the moment between me and Dalythgoe.

Dave
Gram, Grima, Jolly, Ballantyne

Me
Broughton, Montagna, Riewoldt + 40

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

That is close. I'll be honest I wouldn't have taken that gamble against dalythgoe- he's good at these head-to-heads!

The other semifinal is close as well. Bonesy is a good bit ahead with 9 to play and I've got 11 yet to make an appearance so it's difficult to say how close it actually is.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Blimey. :shock: I need Broughton to outscore Ballantyne by 24.

I assume it's McPhee & Broughton V Pavlich and Duffield +20ish in your semi?

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

Some very close semi finals!! Looks like it will come down to this last quarter in a few. Glad I'm not involved - would have got smashed this week - barely made 2000. :shock: :oops:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Bollocks. Swanny takes a dump and I lose to Bonesy. :(

Ah well, I've had a good run.

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

I was astonished to get through Mark, I cycled home in a Monsoon at 4.30 this morning to catch the games, got in alive, jumped in the shower, booted up the puter, clocked Dal Santo on 10, was overcome with horror and went to bed, got up and logged in, and what do you know, Dave gets another opportunity to make it a hattrick :D

Bad luck geezer, but I was forgetting about Swan as your Captain against the Swans, brave decision that, but I can understand it after Geelong racking up some decent scores last week, I would have liked to played Sarky in the final but the reality is I`ve probably got a better chance of beating Dave :P

atx destroyed me in Supercoach though :evil:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Five long bones wrote: Bad luck geezer, but I was forgetting about Swan as your Captain against the Swans, brave decision that, but I can understand it after Geelong racking up some decent scores last week, I would have liked to played Sarky in the final but the reality is I`ve probably got a better chance of beating Dave :P
I didn't really have a massive amount of time to think about my captain as I was more concerned with whether to trade SJ or not. I did, but it had no influence on my score. My thinking with the captain was that the Swans aren't quite the DT score killers they once were and that Dane has scored really well recently. If I hadn't captained him I would've captained Volt so it wouldn't have been enough anyway.

Like I say I've had a good run. :)

Sarky's got the better team, but Dave has this knack of winning matches so it'll be a good final.

Sarky: how's about an unofficial 3rd/4th place play-off?

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Five long bones wrote: I would have liked to played Sarky in the final
I wouldn't have minded playing in the final either you know.
M-boy wrote: Sarky: how's about an unofficial 3rd/4th place play-off?
Bring it on. I'll destroy you by 300 points easy. :D might even bother to trade this week. :roll:

Lost top spot in rest of the world, as well as my prelim final. :evil: Colm's a stupid name.

dalythgoe
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: All round don

Post by dalythgoe »

Well played Sarky- I've no idea how I won that one- game on 5LB in the final :D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Sarky wrote:
M-boy wrote: Sarky: how's about an unofficial 3rd/4th place play-off?
Bring it on. I'll destroy you by 300 points easy. :D might even bother to trade this week. :roll:
The words of a worried man. You're on the slide and you know it. :wink:

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

dalythgoe wrote:Well played Sarky- I've no idea how I won that one- game on 5LB in the final :D
Even weller played yourself sir.

In the second quarter, when Broughton was on 47 and Ballantyne 21 I thought I was through. :oops:

Your 8 uniques scored on average 17.75 points above their individual averages, which is mighty impressive. (was bored and failing to find a stream.)

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Congratulations Five Long Bones. Awesome stuff.

Even with a couple of donuts, Dalythgoe can't really have too many regrets as he came up against the 4th best score in the world! :shock:

M-Boy wins the third place play off and Uncsi takes home the tit-ed cup.

88th league in the world is pretty good.
Tedbull even had a respectable end of season and managed to not finish last.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

2419 :shock: what a way to finish. Congratulations Five Long Bones, awesome stuff. :D

Congrats also Sarky: the points winner doesn't get enough recognition, imho. :D
Sarky wrote: M-Boy wins the third place play off and Uncsi takes home the tit-ed cup.
:D Pleased to finish with a bronze medal at the end of my best ever season of AFL DT. :D

Good scores all round really, even from some of the Aussies! :lol:

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Congrats to Eric!!! :D Comisserations to Dave :(

Well done to everyone - 88th highest placed league is not bad for what is essentially a bunch of beginners.

Thanks to M-Boy for doing the round ups, they were awesome.

Now go cry about how badly your FPL team is doing ;)

Five long bones
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Five long bones »

Thanks folks, it was certainly a well timed best three scores of the season in the last 3 rounds.

It was goood to see Sarky regain top spot in the Overseas League, and Atiq stopping Sheedy winning the SC League.

We`ll see if I can better it next year :wink:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”