To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

2009 FISO AFL Premiership

A forum for fans of Fantasy Australian Rules Football (AFL)
M-boy
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 94th 07/08

Re: 2009 FISO AFL Premiership

Post by M-boy »

Round 12 Results and Ladder

Finally the mammoth split round is over! CanaryYellow emerged from it with a mammoth score of 2256. That's the third highest score of the entire season! A total of nine teams topped 2000 and the rest of us weren't far off it. All in we've broken the top 100 leagues for the first time, at 98.

Canary's win came at the expense of X-Man for the nth year running. A no-show from Pendlebury didn't help him, but there's no stopping the Yellow Steamroller anyway.

Dalythgoe v Sarky was billed as the tie of the round and it didn't disappoint. Phil cut down Dave's first-week advantage, but the Mancunian held on by just 28 points to remain top.

The Worm-Zuluwarrior tie seemed to be heading in the Dees man's favour at the split, but like the AFL match-up the Bombers prevailed as Worm took control and won it in the second half. With his fifth straight victory he has now equalled this season's record number of consecutive wins, alongside Five Long Bones and Dalythgoe.

We said after the first round Cookiezncream was a long way off Scottymac. In the end the cookie monster was a long way off... over 100 points ahead of his fellow Aussie. Another ROK masterclass helped him along the way. It didn't help UncSi much though as his opponent Tippaz also has him. Even less helpful were the scores from Mackie, Gablett and Selwood. It was probably the worst week to be playing Tippaz who is practically the only DT player without a Geelong gun.

Five Long Bones and Atx1303 was always close and just 53 points separated them in the end. Points were won and lost all over the ground, but it's no exaggeration to say that rookie Greg Broughton's 122 was pivotal in Atiq's win. SunderlandFan remained on top for the duration of her tussle with Golden Bear but GB kept her hard at it right to the end.

Both M-boy and TedBull suffered early embarrassment when Big Cox failed to perform as expected and things didn't get much better for either. M-boy limped over the line with the second-lowest score of the round. :oops:

Round 12 Points Table

There's no two ways about it, Sarky should be well above eighth in the head-to-heads. He's in the top 1000 overall. SunderlandFan is still paying for indifferent early scores. Nevertheless, the top eight features the same names in both leagues.

Scottymac hasn't got the rewards that his average score merits and Canary's poor start keeps him twelfth on points despite three wins in four.

Round 13 Preview

After facing CanaryYellow in the split round, X-Man probably feels that the DT fates are conspiring against him as he faces the in-form Worm. Zulu Warrior is in the path of The Yellow Steamroller this week. Ted Bull v Tippaz is a battle of Melbourne while The Uncle takes on The Guru. Seven places separate them, but these sides are very closely matched. Unc won the corresponding fixture last season 1995-1843, so M-boy will be out for revenge. (ed: eff right I am :twisted:)

Game of the week: SunderlandFan v Five Long Bones. One of the most consistent performers of recent rounds plays the early front-runner.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

Big Cox looking limp this week.

You got any cover M?

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Nope.

I've got HMac, Spencer and Andrew Browne.

uncsi
Grumpy Old Man

Post by uncsi »

can't even remember who my ruck covers are. Spencer and Jacobs?? Could be Hansel and Gretel for all the use they are. I won't be trading coxy out just yet though :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

If there was a rookie I might consider a trade just to cover the rucks but I can't see any getting a game this week.

Naitanui's the closest but he's $140,000 or thereabouts. Too much for me.

Coxy's only a doubt for this week so hopefully he'll be back next week.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Nice round up Mark, thanks for pointing out my frustrating position of having consistent good scores but not able to climb - you lot are too good.

98th overall league <3

:D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 13 Results and Ladder

After the drawn out affair that was round twelve, Round 13 went by faster than Janet Jackson's removal truck. At the end of it Worm capped his record-equalling sixth consecutive win with an impressive 2243 points. Overall we've shifted up one place in the rankings to a season's best 97. Not bad considering most of us were playing with 21 after Dean Cox failed a fitness test. Well done us. 8-)

X-Man was once again on the end of the week's high score, and was especially unlucky as his 1985 would have beaten all but two of the other competitors. At the other end of the scale was Tippaz: for the second week running the second-lowest score of the round was enough to beat TedBull.

The game of the week between SunderlandFan and Five Long Bones was as tight as NicNat's turn for that goal against the Hawks. Both scored well, but Bonesy took it by eleven points to return to joint-top. Atx1303 also returned to share the lead after a win over Golden Bear as Dalythgoe's Possum Smackers had a shocker and were placked by Barry Crockers. Scotty Mac was the only Fiso DTer with cover for Cox and naming 22 paid off as he got the second-highest score of the round. In the end he would have won even without NicNat's late hat-trick, but I'm sure he enjoyed the young Eagle's last quarter performance as much as anyone.

Like a Barry Hall left hook Canary Yellow's 60-point win is a knockout blow to Zulu Warrior's top eight chances. The Melbourne boy is going to need a minor miracle to avoid the minors this year, while the Yellow Steamroller continues its progress with the ease and inevitability of a Williams sister through the Wimbledon draw. In the Cookiez-Sarky match, Sarky had already gone ahead before the Sunday games. He extended his lead after good scores from Goddard and new joey Liam Anthony.

M-boy exacted revenge for his fourth-round defeat in 2008 by beating Uncle Si 1947-1794. Darren Milburn got more touches than a repaint of the Sistine Chapel and Crocs' new boy Dane Swan ran the show at the MCG on Saturday to score him 316 as captain. Rich, SJ, Volt and an above-average Mitch Brown score also helped the guru rise to fifth.

Round 14 Preview

Scotty Mac has been scoring solidly for several rounds without getting the results to show for it. His team will help shape the top eight, even if making it now looks as likely as a Michael Jackson comeback. Still, Elvis and Sinatra have managed it (comebacks, not DT Finals) and Scotty will be hoping to get some reward this week at Ted's.

With Dalythgoe, Five Long Bones and Atx all but safely in the eight the fight is on to join them. A seventh consecutive win at Bonesy's expense would practically guarantee Worm one of the remaining places, but the Scotsman will be keen to retain the advantages of a top-four position as the finals approach. Cookiez v M-boy is the only other top-eight showdown, one which could be pivotal. SunderlandFan will hope points mean prizes against the recently luckless X-Man and Sarky will look to build on round 13's overdue win as he faces UncSi.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Thanks for the write up mate.
M-boy wrote:Sarky had already gone ahead before the Sunday games. He extended his lead after good scores from Goddard and new joey Liam Anthony.
After having him sit on my bench all this time I probably should have made use of him (especially as he outscored Bartel, Selwood and Kornes), but he wasn't even one of my emergencies.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Sarky wrote:Thanks for the write up mate.
M-boy wrote:Sarky had already gone ahead before the Sunday games. He extended his lead after good scores from Goddard and new joey Liam Anthony.
After having him sit on my bench all this time I probably should have made use of him (especially as he outscored Bartel, Selwood and Kornes), but he wasn't even one of my emergencies.
Aye, I kept him in the pouch as well. I'll probably give him a run out next week.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 14 Results and Ladder

Like the Thrilla in Manila, we’ve gone 14 Rounds. It’s been gruelling and a few of us are feeling the heat, but that's the way it is in the 95th best league in the world.

Canary Yellow floated like a canary and stung like a yellow stingy thing against Golden Bear. This week’s high score of 2,159 got CY his third consecutive win.

The three main contenders guaranteed their grand finals places. Dalythgoe had an easy time against Tippaz’s double-donut Dragons. Atx1303’s win was less comfortable; only 33 points separated him and ZuluWarrior. Five Long Bones may have broken bones after his bout with Worm, but he prevented the Aussie from taking his title with a 2028-1957 win.

M-boy edged ahead of Worm in the rankings with a knockout win over Cookiez. The Scotsman will also feature in the major finals and will be hopeful of retaining his top four place. SunderlandFan remains just outside the eight after her injury-depleted side were unable to better X-Man's +2000 score.

The story of UncSi vs Sarky was one of Lance Franklin and some donuts. Lance: you’re a fat bustard who eats too many donuts. Actually, both sides have the Hawthorn Heavyweight so he had as much influence in this one as he did in the Hawks match against the Crows: eff all. I just wanted to mention the useless prick. What’s the difference between Lance Franklin and Michael Jackson? Jacko made 50.

The real story was the other donuts in Sarky’s forward line. With Goodwin, Pav, Hentschell and SJ missing he still managed to get over 2000. But UncSi scored 2051 to win his second tie in four rounds.

Scotty Mac was in the catch weight contest this week. He managed the inevitable victory over Ted Bull with more style than most, winning by 356. Image

Round 15 Preview

If X-Man or Scotty Mac can build on their Round 14 wins they could yet make the magic eight. The X-Men will have to use their special powers against UncSi who has been decidedly less nepotistic in recent weeks. Scotty has to take on Atx who has now gone five unbeaten. For either to reach the major finals would require the greatest comeback since Eddo Brandes.

CanaryYellow can make it four wins in a row against a still lacklustre Tippaz. Worm will have the chance to return to fourth spot against M-boy and Sarky takes on Sunderlandfan. Both Phil and Kelly are top four on points, but with four games to go they are fighting for their grand finals chances.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

Nice round up Mark. I seem to keep doing pretty well, but losing - ah well :lol:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

SunderlandFan wrote:Nice round up Mark. I seem to keep doing pretty well, but losing - ah well :lol:
:lol: That's the spirit!

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

M-boy wrote:

Scotty Mac was in the catch weight contest this week. He managed the inevitable victory over Ted Bull with more style than most, winning by 356. Image
:lol:

How the eff did he beat me? :evil: :oops:

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Seems strange to say after a sub-1800 score but I feel quite lucky. I've finally got lucky with opponents, 6th worst score but still got a win. :D And my first win by less than 50 points too which is nice.

Sorry SunderlandFan, I'd already given the tie up when I saw that all Gilbert and Hayes had to do was score about 120 between them for you to win.

Was a must win for me, as with a tricky 3 fixtures to come up I could easily have missed lost a couple and slipped out of top 8. But got a little bit of breathing space now.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

It was always going to be the case in your game Sarky. One of you or SF were going to continue to have shitty luck and the other one was going to turn it around.

I had a terrible week. Lost both my head-to-heads after I'd gone all out to win them by getting in a second St Kilda forward. Koschitzke can be a bit up and down and this week he was definitely down. In hindsight, and in light of Adcock's injury, I shouldn't have traded. But that's football! What really did me in was the Geelong situation; with Mackie out and Bartel not having an impact I was in trouble from then on.

The strangest thing is seeing where the big points came from. Fevola and Franklin both got over a ton. Crazy days.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 15 Results and Ladder

Round 15 and donuts everywhere. Only Tippaz got over the 2000 mark. With only three rounds to go we're starting to see who will be in the top eight for the finals.

Golden Bear got his most impressive win of the season, by beating league leader Dalythgoe to lift himself off the bottom of the table. Dave kept his place at the top as Five Long Bones lost to Cookiez and ScottyMac completed a bad day for the big boys by defeating Atx1303.

This round was always going to be a hard luck story for one of Sarky or SunderlandFan and it proved to be for the Massachusetts Mackem as Sarky cemented his place in the top eight.

Tippaz gave himself a chance of the top eight with an important win over Canary Yellow who is not yet assured of a finals appearance. UncSi continued his recent good form against X-Man. With a better set of fixtures he might have been a late-season contender. Zuluwarrior got the inevitable 4 points against Ted Bull and sends the .

Over two seasons Worm and M-boy have been well-matched. M-boy won in the penultimate round of last season's division 1, but Worm exacted revenge in the second elimination final. Worm won this round to ensure his place in the top eight, but there's a good chance they'll meet again in this season's eliminators.

Round 16 Preview

SunderlandFan, ScottyMac and Tippaz all have an outside chance of the top eight, but will have to win at least two of their remaining three head-to-heads and hope Sarky, CY or Cookiez slip up. This is how the run-in looks for those teams:

After defeats for the top four there's still a competition for those places amongst the five frontrunners and Golden Bear can spank Ted with the wooden spoon if he wins in the upcoming round.

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

bad luck there Mark :D

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

:evil:

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Round 16 Results and Ladder

Round 17 Preview

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

With SF playing Scottymac in the last week, Tippaz won't make the top 8 finals :shock:

had an eye on his game on the weekend as it looked like all the top teams were going to get beaten but atx came home like a train. 2321 and you still lose. unlucky mate.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

yeah Tippaz was really unlucky there. Highest scoring match I've seen in DT.

Having said I was safe in the eight two rounds ago, it now looks like I'm a very good chance of dropping out. If, as looks likely, I lose to Atx this week and either of SF or Scotty win it'll be squeaky bum time for the Crocs. :oops:

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

Right then cos M-Boy is too lazy, i've got to learn how to do big writing.
Round 17 Results and Ladder
there you go.

I rock 8-)
Tedbull lost :shock:

Not many close contests with only two matches being decided by less than 200 points. X-Man defeating table-topping Dalythgoe and M-Boy beating 2nd place atx. Five Long Bones jumps to the top on goal difference.

The race for 8th is hotting up with the league as competitive as it's been all season.
Uncsi smashed Golden Bear and gave his percentage a nice boost which has given him a chance of reaching the major finals if he carries on his rich vein of form next week. It'll need a narrow victory for Sunderland Fan over ScottyMac in what looks like a tight contest, and Mr Canary to lose to M-Boy.

Cookiez should seal his spot with a win over Golden Bear, whilst Worm will be hoping results go his way letting him squeek home whether he wins or loses.
Although mathematically not out of it, both Tippaz and Zuluwarrior would need crushing wins over the in form Worm and Uncsi as well the above results to go their way.

Grandslam weekend sees atx against Sarky and Dalythgoe versus Five Long Bones. This leaves the door open for M-Boy to waltz into the top 4 at the death should he beat Canary Yellow.

Round 18 Fixtures

scottymac
Treebeard

Post by scottymac »

Well after a 2-7 start to the season, I'm just happy to be in with a shout of making the finals.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

scottymac wrote:Well after a 2-7 start to the season, I'm just happy to be in with a shout of making the finals.
Yeah you've done well, I'd forgotten you were down with the Tedbulls for ages.
Not too happy with your late charge up the table. If I lose this week I'll probably end up 5th and playing you the week after.

X-Man
Dumbledore

Post by X-Man »

What's happened to Ted? He doesn't appear to have made any changes to his team for some time? Teabagger-itis? CBA - aka Loss of interest? Having a sook?

SunderlandFan
Dumbledoress

Post by SunderlandFan »

there's a chance I can still qualify - bizarre

unc.si
Grumpy Old Man

Post by unc.si »

After my start to the season (had over 10 players out injured at one point :lol: ) I can't believe that I've even got a mathematical chance of hitting the top 8. Won't happen though - even if results go my way elsewhere I've got a tough match, and even if I won I won't get the percentage.

M-boy
Dumbledore

Post by M-boy »

Thanks Sarky.

I didn't get lazy so much as lonely. :lol:

It's good that there are still a few places to be decided going into the last week.

Sarky
FISOhead

Post by Sarky »

I guess you're allowed to be lazy/get sulky one week out of 17. :D

CanaryYellow
FISO Knight

Post by CanaryYellow »

I dont deserve a top 8, too many tight wins and ignoring the expensive stars has been my undoing along with trying to be smart with trades like bringing in Bowden instead of Lockyer.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Australian Rules Football”