To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

My Scottish Mini League

A Fantasy Football forum for news on the Scottish Premier League fantasy football game run by The Sun newspaper
Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Re: My Scottish Mini League

Post by Ashers »

ok as we only need 5 I might start a new mini league what you think?

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar
FS Record: Too many to mention now :-)

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:ok as we only need 5 I might start a new mini league what you think?
OH NO !!!

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

Don't know if you noticed Ashley but your Mini League is in 2nd place after week 1. What a pity it won't count. :cry:

Sun SPL Mini League Table

1 HENDOS DOUBLE D Christopher Henderson 416
2 mini Ashley Bloodworth 396
3 hopeman select Wayne Fiske 362
4 Aulays Invitational Roddy Morrison 357
5 football fans Martin Stewart 346
6 waverley station stephen mackenzie 331
7 THE HIGHLAND SELECT Derek Steele 326
8 simply the best league David Hendry 313
9 Co-op lerwick Michael Godden 309
10 Scott's League Scott Adie

oldbigead
Grumpy Old Man

Post by oldbigead »

Those scores make no sense. :? .

Unless they've missed a decimal point off the score.

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

oldbigead wrote:Those scores make no sense. :? .

Unless they've missed a decimal point off the score.
Your right OBH, it does look odd. The individual scores look ok, but how could the teams at the bottom manage to get minus 1 ???

1 team 20 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 48
2 bb's bhoys Brian Mccluskey Celtic 42
3 team 11 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 40
4 laujensam girls Brian Mccluskey Celtic 39
4 mental patients Brian Mccluskey Celtic 39
4 team 10 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 39
7 McLosers Duncan Hoyle Hamilton 38
8 team 16 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 37
8 team 23 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 37
8 team 26 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 37
8 Paisley Affair Peter Swindells St Mirren 37
12 Pa's People John Morrison Motherwell 36
13 missionary workers Brian Mccluskey Celtic 33
14 team 18 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 32
15 team 21 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 30
16 team 29 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 27
17 team 28 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 26
18 weegie Brian Mccluskey Celtic 25
18 team 14 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 25
18 wee wench wanderers Brian Mccluskey Celtic 25
21 LM3 Liam Mannion Inverness CT 21
21 poacher1 curtis moore Celtic 21
21 team 24 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 21
24 destroyers marian malcolm Rangers 20
25 Worcester Sauce William Boyd Kilmarnock 19
26 telford terrors Brian Mccluskey Celtic 17
27 LM2 Liam Mannion Inverness CT 16
27 team 17 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 16
27 tean 12 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 16
30 team 13 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 15
30 team 15 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 15
32 team 25 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 13
32 team 30 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 13
34 Lucky Dip Ashley Bloodworth Falkirk 12
35 wester hailiens xi Brian Mccluskey Celtic 7
36 Are You Scottish Too Daniel Kilcoyne Rangers 6
37 sereba saints Brian Mccluskey Celtic 5
37 team 19 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 5
39 team 27 Brian Mccluskey Celtic 0
40 fozzies 2 Steve Foster Celtic -1
40 team 22 Brian Mccluskey Celtic -1

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

Sum of the top 10 equals 396.
The minus one must be a booked player with 10 other slow starting players.

grob
Dumbledore

Post by grob »

bloggie wrote:Sum of the top 10 equals 396.

a determined attempt to win that £100 offered for coming last maybe ? :wink:

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

grob wrote:
bloggie wrote:Sum of the top 10 equals 396.

a determined attempt to win that £100 offered for coming last maybe ? :wink:
Yes, it looks as if Mr MccLuskey is determined to recoup some of the money he wasted on voiding the Mini League with his multi entries. I just wonder if it is worthwhile paying another £5 and sticking a really duff team in closer to the deadline for entering. By that time you will be able to see all the players who have minus points :D (you never thought this one out very well, did you Ashley)

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

I have spoke to the Sun and they have confirmed that my mini league will be valid as long as this guy with 30 teams, does not have 3 or more in the top 5

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:I have spoke to the Sun and they have confirmed that my mini league will be valid as long as this guy with 30 teams, does not have 3 or more in the top 5
If that is correct then the Sun better have a bus load of Lawyers on stand by to deal with all the Mini Leagues that were disqualified last year for exactly the same thing. You had better get it in writing Ashley.

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

ashers1981 wrote:I have spoke to the Sun and they have confirmed that my mini league will be valid as long as this guy with 30 teams, does not have 3 or more in the top 5
Seems strange for them to quote how many you can have in the top 5 of a minileague when the standings are based on the top 10 teams.

I would guess the person you spoke to didn't know their own rules (or that they had changed from 5 scoring teams to 10) and come the end of the season someone else will sit down with a more appropriate criteria to the rules and still possibly eliminate your minileague.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

FrankieFrog wrote:
Seems strange for them to quote how many you can have in the top 5 of a minileague when the standings are based on the top 10 teams.

I would guess the person you spoke to didn't know their own rules (or that they had changed from 5 scoring teams to 10) and come the end of the season someone else will sit down with a more appropriate criteria to the rules and still possibly eliminate your minileague.
I think it is beacuse you only need 5 teams to have a valid mini league

bloggie
Dumbledore
Location: Tourists swarm to see your face Confucius has a puzzling grace Disoriented you enter in unleashing

Post by bloggie »

The end-of-Game Mini League prize of £2,000 will be awarded to the creator of the Mini League whose total score of the top ten highest scoring teams in that Mini League is the highest at the end of the Game. A Mini League must comprise a minimum of five teams to qualify for a prize. Where a Mini League entry of just ten teams has been identified by the promoter as having substantially identical teams or having been substantially been submitted by the same entrant, the Mini League may be invalidated for a prize. An assessment will be made by the promoter and all factors taken into consideration. The promoters decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into once the decision has been confirmed. The creator of the highest-scoring Mini League will receive £2,000, if two or more teams share the prize, the prize pool will be shared equally between the tied teams.
Is the five a typo or does it mean 5 different entrants not teams?
I've 2 teams to put in your new league ashers if you PM me the details.

dk401
Treebeard
FS Record: ITV Tackle Townsend 3rd Overall,ITV Fantasy F1 2008 9th Overall, Mini League Winner, Viking Direct RWC Predictor 2011 Overall Winner

Post by dk401 »

Just for clarification ive stuck one team in this mini-league (McLosers).

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

bloggie wrote:The end-of-Game Mini League prize of £2,000 will be awarded to the creator of the Mini League whose total score of the top ten highest scoring teams in that Mini League is the highest at the end of the Game. A Mini League must comprise a minimum of five teams to qualify for a prize. Where a Mini League entry of just ten teams has been identified by the promoter as having substantially identical teams or having been substantially been submitted by the same entrant, the Mini League may be invalidated for a prize. An assessment will be made by the promoter and all factors taken into consideration. The promoters decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into once the decision has been confirmed. The creator of the highest-scoring Mini League will receive £2,000, if two or more teams share the prize, the prize pool will be shared equally between the tied teams.
You will have to tell me where you found the above ruling Bloggie, I have looked everywhere and can't see it.? The only sentence that I found in the Scottish Sun's T&C relating to this matter is this. The emphasis being on the red highlighted area.

7. Mini Leagues and Private League Bulletin Boards:

Once registered, web entrants may be given the option at no additional charge via the Game Websites to create or join a Game Mini League. The closing date to enter a team into a Mini League is 12:00:00 BST Saturday 13 September 2008. A Mini League may have unlimited teams and to be eligible for a prize, must consist of a minimum of ten teams and must not be comprised of substantially identical teams and /or must not be substantially submitted by the same entrant or group of entrants."

bloggie
Dumbledore

Post by bloggie »

It's in '14. Prizes'.
I'm sure the five is a typo and should be ten as originally a week or so ago it said 'must comprise a minimum of five teams to qualify for a prize. Where a Mini League entry of just five teams...'

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

bloggie wrote:The end-of-Game Mini League prize of £2,000 will be awarded to the creator of the Mini League whose total score of the top ten highest scoring teams in that Mini League is the highest at the end of the Game. A Mini League must comprise a minimum of five teams to qualify for a prize. Where a Mini League entry of just ten teams has been identified by the promoter as having substantially identical teams or having been substantially been submitted by the same entrant, the Mini League may be invalidated for a prize. An assessment will be made by the promoter and all factors taken into consideration. The promoters decision will be final and no correspondence shall be entered into once the decision has been confirmed. The creator of the highest-scoring Mini League will receive £2,000, if two or more teams share the prize, the prize pool will be shared equally between the tied teams.

The key words are where a mini league with just 10 teams - mine has more than 10

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Different parts of the same site have different T&Cs

Explain that

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Different parts of the same site have different T&Cs

Explain that
This debate has been going for the past two seasons Ashers, there were hundreds of posts regarding the validity of Mini Leagues but the bottom line is paragraph 7 of the Terms and Conditions which I highlighted above, everything else is irrelevant. What it all boils down to is the one word "substantially", and the Sun alone decides when to employ this rule. Last year there were a few teams that found themselves in the Mini League prize money only to be subsequently disqualified. What makes it so frustrating is that you won't find out until the end of the season. !! Then again you could always get another couple of hundred into your Mini League and thin it out a bit. :D

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:
ashers1981 wrote:Different parts of the same site have different T&Cs

Explain that
This debate has been going for the past two seasons Ashers, there were hundreds of posts regarding the validity of Mini Leagues but the bottom line is paragraph 7 of the Terms and Conditions which I highlighted above, everything else is irrelevant. What it all boils down to is the one word "substantially", and the Sun alone decides when to employ this rule. Last year there were a few teams that found themselves in the Mini League prize money only to be subsequently disqualified. What makes it so frustrating is that you won't find out until the end of the season. !! Then again you could always get another couple of hundred into your Mini League and thin it out a bit. :D

I have showed the wording to my Dad who is a lawyer and he has said that I have a case to sue the Sun if they don not pay out. He said the worg Only makes it applicable to mini leagues with 10 people. If it said any mini league, that would make our void.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Lets get some more teams into this mini league to make sure it is valid.

Pin 100153
Password - scotland

There are currently 49 and if we can get another 11 that should be enough

FrankieFrog
Treebeard

Post by FrankieFrog »

Did your Dad read all of the terms and conditions? Particularly:

17. Liability:
In respect of the operation of the Game and interpretation of these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter's decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into unless an Entrant Complies with the Complaints Procedure (see clause 20). In particular, no correspondence will be entered into in regard to the awarding of the Mini League prize, for instance (duplicate teams in the top ten).

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Will be interesting to see what happens, anyway my English Mini league is going well with 34 members.

PM me if you would like to enter

What % would you say is to high for 1 player?

50% of all the teams
33% Teams
other

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens, anyway my English Mini league is going well with 34 members.

50% of all the teams
33% Teams
other
I would'nt like to second guess them. :?

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

pa102aw wrote:
ashers1981 wrote:Will be interesting to see what happens, anyway my English Mini league is going well with 34 members.

50% of all the teams
33% Teams
other

Just have to get more teams

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:
pa102aw wrote:

50% of all the teams
33% Teams
other

Just have to get more teams
That would be unfair of you trying to lure more people into a league that may be possibly invalid. :!:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Now in 3rd

pa102aw
Fiso Knight Templar

Post by pa102aw »

ashers1981 wrote:Now in 3rd
Your doing well Ashers but you'll probably find that most of the "Big Guns" are holding off until the September closing date before entering all of their best teams into a Mini League. Watch out for a lot of Mini Leagues shooting up the leaderboard from nowhere. :shock:

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

That is ok as I have 5 teams still to enter and will add them to the teams that are doing well.

Ashers
FISO Knight

Post by Ashers »

Now up to 53 Teams

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Sun SPL Dream Team”