To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

CYKI FISO League 2008/9

A forum for discussion on Can You Kick It's (CYKI) Fantasy Football game
sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Re: CYKI FISO League 2008/9

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:Because the deadline was 11.30 am today. It's in the first post so everyone has had plenty of warning. This thread started a month ago.
Why is there a deadline?

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight
FS Record: 2008 AFL Dreamteam & Supercoach Double Winner..

Post by Wayward Lad »

My 1st go at CYKI - I am surprised they close leagues on Day one :? Dont TFF ones stay open until October sometime ??

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: 2 Top 100 finishes in TFFO; £270 in CYKI since 2008

Post by DixieDean »

sorbiegunner wrote:
DixieDean wrote:Because the deadline was 11.30 am today. It's in the first post so everyone has had plenty of warning. This thread started a month ago.
Why is there a deadline?
There were issues last season with people joining late in a particular month which affected who won the MotM prize that the FISO league came top in. So it's just fairer if there is a cut-off point. Just like there is in other FISO leagues.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:
Why is there a deadline?
There were issues last season with people joining late in a particular month which affected who won the MotM prize that the FISO league came top in. So it's just fairer if there is a cut-off point. Just like there is in other FISO leagues.
I seem to remember that the issue was discussed on the forum at the time and it was decided to invite other FISO members into the league to enable us to take the top spot.
Has this deadline been set because the forum as a whole (a majority of those asked who expressed an opinion) feels that the issues from last year shouldn't be allowed to happen again. If so when and where was the question asked? was there a poll?
Or can a individual member of FISO make a unilateral decision that anyone not applying for a code to join an official FISO mini league after an arbitrary deadline will be refused?

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Look... I'm really not interested in debating the date at which this league should be closed to new entries to be honest... especially when it's taken over a month for this to suddenly become an issue.
I'm not bothered what date it is but I just thought the first day of the season was fair enough.

I've fielded well over a hundred PMs and dozens of posts requesting to join the league and that's enough for me. I can pass the admin to anyone else in the league if need be. Just pipe up and I can pass it over via the CYKI site.

Cheers

Rich

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

You wouldn't have much more work to do, any new entrants are likely to come in dribs and drabs. I don't think there's any need for a deadline though.

Adidasandahalf
Dumbledore

Post by Adidasandahalf »

DixieDean wrote:Look... I'm really not interested in debating the date at which this league should be closed to new entries to be honest... especially when it's taken over a month for this to suddenly become an issue.
I'm not bothered what date it is but I just thought the first day of the season was fair enough.

I've fielded well over a hundred PMs and dozens of posts requesting to join the league and that's enough for me. I can pass the admin to anyone else in the league if need be. Just pipe up and I can pass it over via the CYKI site.

Cheers

Rich
I agree with that,
why extend the deadline past the start.

Close it chairman :D

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

sorbiegunner wrote:You wouldn't have much more work to do, any new entrants are likely to come in dribs and drabs. I don't think there's any need for a deadline though.
What's your team name...? I'll pass the minimal work over to you. I'm going to be too busy now the season has started.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

Adidasandahalf wrote:.........why extend the deadline past the start...........
Because there shouldn't be a deadline in the first place, because there has never been an early deadline before, because many people will have entered their teams and will have not got round to entering mini leagues yet (so will not have opened the thread and will not have seen that there is a deadline and will have expected to be as it was), because it's an exclusive policy which is against what FISO is all about, because we wouldn't have won some of the prizes we won last year had this policy been in place then and because there is no practical or tactical reason for it.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

This thread has been viewed 1413 times. That's more than ten times the size of the FISO league.

Sorbie... I think the best thing is for you to ask admin to give a view... maybe you could start a poll aswell to see what others think. And as I said... I'll pass the admin of the league to you.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:You wouldn't have much more work to do, any new entrants are likely to come in dribs and drabs. I don't think there's any need for a deadline though.
What's your team name...? I'll pass the minimal work over to you. I'm going to be too busy now the season has started.
Ladies of the Canyon

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

It's all yours...

Adidasandahalf
Dumbledore

Post by Adidasandahalf »

sorbiegunner wrote:
Because there shouldn't be a deadline in the first place, because there has never been an early deadline before, because many people will have entered their teams and will have not got round to entering mini leagues yet (so will not have opened the thread and will not have seen that there is a deadline and will have expected to be as it was), because it's an exclusive policy which is against what FISO is all about, because we wouldn't have won some of the prizes we won last year had this policy been in place then and because there is no practical or tactical reason for it.

f*ck the prizes,
I only entered DD's comp for the fun.
I'm not that desperate to try and win a prize,I just wanna finish above YODa :P

Anyone who comes on Fiso knew exactly when the season started,
The password has been available for ages now,even someone on a 2 week holiday had time to pick a sensible team and put it into the league long ago.

Is fiso about someone turning up with a great score just to top the league after the deadline,if it is then that's crap..

Good job i'm not admin/chairman of this league as all late entries would be taking the high road.

But i'm not so up mine...

Really sorry you've given it up to him DD,let's just hope one of us already entered wins.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

Adidasandahalf wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:

f*ck the prizes,
I only entered DD's comp for the fun.
I'm not that desperate to try and win a prize,I just wanna finish above YODa :P

Anyone who comes on Fiso knew exactly when the season started,
The password has been available for ages now,even someone on a 2 week holiday had time to pick a sensible team and put it into the league long ago.

Is fiso about someone turning up with a great score just to top the league after the deadline,if it is then that's crap..

Good job i'm not admin/chairman of this league as all late entries would be taking the high road.

But i'm not so up mine...

Really sorry you've given it up to him DD,let's just hope one of us already entered wins.
This isn't DD's comp.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

sorbiegunner wrote:This isn't DD's comp.
Neither is it yours. Why did you wait until the first day of the season to raise this issue? You joined the league ages ago, therefore you must have read this thread too. It's nice to know we have to change things on one person's say-so, when we had over 100 people join the league without moaning.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

I think sorbie should get a consensus AND Chris's opinion before moving forward. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed except sorbie is now league admin.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

flyingkillercob wrote:
Neither is it yours. Why did you wait until the first day of the season to raise this issue? You joined the league ages ago, therefore you must have read this thread too. It's nice to know we have to change things on one person's say-so, when we had over 100 people join the league without moaning.
Why must I have read this thread? Also I didn't ask to take over the league it was kind of flung in my lap.

Vid
Head Moderator
FS Record: winning is a distant memory

Post by Vid »

flyingkillercob wrote:
I joined the league ages ago but read the first page of the thread for the first time this evening, CYKI is low on the list of my priorities (well it would be if I had a list, even lower priority :-)) and if I hadn't been entered automatically would have missed the deadline and any debate (if there was any?) regarding it. I've a number of teams in a number of comps that haven't been entered into FISO MLs as yet, purely due to not having the time.

There are a lot of games and a lot of threads, many posters have busy lives and some issues will pass them by, there may well be some sort of prize fund attached to CYKI (no, I haven't looked at the site beyond entering my team) that the deadline may or may not warrant - when I find the time I'll read the rules but in the meantime, is there a discussion thread regarding the need for a deadline and keeping the ML info secret? I'll have a read of that too if someone would point me in the right direction.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

You could have refused sorbie... and you can also pass it onto someone else.

The least you should do is now take your argument to the nth degree and ask for everyone's opinion including Chris.

Wayward Lad
FISO Knight
FS Record: 2008 AFL Dreamteam & Supercoach Double Winner..

Post by Wayward Lad »

Vid wrote:
flyingkillercob wrote:
I joined the league ages ago but read the first page of the thread for the first time this evening, CYKI is low on the list of my priorities (well it would be if I had a list, even lower priority :-)) and if I hadn't been entered automatically would have missed the deadline and any debate (if there was any?) regarding it. I've a number of teams in a number of comps that haven't been entered into FISO MLs as yet, purely due to not having the time.

There are a lot of games and a lot of threads, many posters have busy lives and some issues will pass them by, there may well be some sort of prize fund attached to CYKI (no, I haven't looked at the site beyond entering my team) that the deadline may or may not warrant - when I find the time I'll read the rules but in the meantime, is there a discussion thread regarding the need for a deadline and keeping the ML info secret? I'll have a read of that too if someone would point me in the right direction.
same Vid - didnt even know it existed so entered a team last minute dot com ...it isnt in the FISO league because I just didnt know it existed - but thems the rules I guess....to be honest my teams are always so dire it never makes a difference whether they end up in a league or not....hopefully I will enjoy the FPL leagues and banter - thats what its all about for me....I certainly have no aspirations of ever winning money at fantasy footie :lol: :lol:

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:I think sorbie should get a consensus AND Chris's opinion before moving forward. As far as I'm concerned nothing has changed except sorbie is now league admin.
I think there is a consensus, in that entry to other fiso mini leagues is open to all members of the forum.
See mini leagues for:
TFF name and code/password published on forum
YTM name and code/password published on forum
Sun name and code/password published on forum
TFFO name and code/password published on forum
OFL name and code/password published on forum
SKY name and code/password published on forum
Daily Mail name and code/password published on forum
Guardian name and code/password published on forum
Virgin Rock & Roll name and code/password published on forum

Many of those have bigger prizes than what are at stake here, it seems clear what the consensus regards publishing details of mini leagues on the forum.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Please read this thread... everyone that posted seemed quite happy to go with what was done last year... even ianovich read it!!! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=44248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the reason I carried on as before... no discontent, no arguments just getting things up and running asap. We kept the code for FISOers only because you can Google something like 'CYKI league code' and top of the list is THIS THREAD FFS!!! Try it, you'll be surprised.

Some people on here must be selectively blind...

I'll ask one more time and then that's it from me... Why has it taken until today for this to become an issue with people that joined the league weeks and weeks ago after reading this thread and the one I've quoted ?

I'm baffled to be quite frank.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:Please read this thread... everyone that posted seemed quite happy to go with what was done last year... even ianovich read it!!! :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=101&t=44248" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the reason I carried on as before... no discontent, no arguments just getting things up and running asap. We kept the code for FISOers only because you can Google something like 'CYKI league code' and top of the list is THIS THREAD FFS!!! Try it, you'll be surprised.

Some people on here must be selectively blind...

I'll ask one more time and then that's it from me... Why has it taken until today for this to become an issue with people that joined the league weeks and weeks ago after reading this thread and the one I've quoted ?

I'm baffled to be quite frank.
I will say one more time I didn't read it, Vid didn't read it and Ianovich says he didn't know it existed but you are saying he is lying about that, though why he should lie about it beats me.

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

I put a :wink: after the reference to ianovich... and I hope he would appreciate that.

I feel you are just being awkward now... you aren't reading (or at least replying to) the reasons it was done like this.

TBH... I think now that googlebots trawl this forum 24 hours a day it's probably best to keep all league codes private within the forum... do you at least agree with that comment????

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

DixieDean wrote:I put a :wink: after the reference to ianovich... and I hope he would appreciate that.

I feel you are just being awkward now... you aren't reading (or at least replying to) the reasons it was done like this.

TBH... I think now that googlebots trawl this forum 24 hours a day it's probably best to keep all league codes private within the forum... do you at least agree with that comment????
I'm not meaning to be awkward I don't see any reason why this mini league should be a special case. If it's wrong for this mini league to publish it's entry details on the forum then all the other Fiso mini leagues are wrong and just this one is right, what has admin (and everyone else involved in running those leagues) missed re. this issue. If there is a genuine concern here then it should be debated further because all those other FISOmini leagues are at risk. Apart from all that the issue I raised initially (because I don't have a serious problem with the codes not being published provided people can still have access to them) was that of the deadline, which expired before the game has even begun

The link you have just posted to the other thread includes this post from you:
DixieDean wrote:
flyingkillercob wrote:Unless they remove the prizes for winning the monthly league-of-leagues, I imagine that last year's system will be the best way to go.

Hopefully DD will reprise his role from last season; if not, I'm happy to step in.
I'm happy to take this on again... I'll register today and set-up the league. Same rules as before because they worked quite well last time.

Unless you really want the job?

Cheers

Rich
There wasn't a deadline last year, there is this year.

flyingkillercob
Dumbledore
FS Record: murf’s African Nations Cup 2012 Winner. FISO Goals 15/16 & 17/18 Winner.

Post by flyingkillercob »

sorbiegunner wrote: There wasn't a deadline last year, there is this year.
viewtopic.php?p=586972#p586972" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The deadline was 11:30 on the first Saturday of last season. Dixie also allowed some late comers in at the start of January.

With regards to your list of games for which the codes are freely available - apart from TFF I have no idea whether you are allowed to move your team between leagues or to enter multiple leagues with one team. This may or may not be an issue unique to ISM games, but the facility to enter multiple leagues and move teams around from league to league means that a player who is doing well individually but whose mates/family/colleagues are hopeless has an opportunity to plonk his team into any league that is doing well that he/she can find the code for. If you are happy for that to happen, then by all means publicise the code.

One (possibly?) happy medium that has been touched on by Vid in the poll thread is to open the league at the start of every month for anyone who has missed the previous month, and then close it again to prevent the kind of league whoring that could occur.

van
Kevin and Perry

Post by van »

Hi - Can you PM me the code please?

beglee
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 1,420th FPL 07/08, FISO FPL league MOTM Nov 07

Post by beglee »

DixieDean wrote:TBH... I think now that googlebots trawl this forum 24 hours a day it's probably best to keep all league codes private within the forum... do you at least agree with that comment????
If you are worried about that, couldn't the code be posted as an image, so the bot won't index the code itself?? (Should it be decided to post the code)

Jonathan
FISO Jedi Knight
Location: ^ That's my dad! ^ KGC Captain's Drive-in 2015 Champ
FS Record: OFL Champions League Sprint finalist 10/11

Post by Jonathan »

Good idea, beglee.

I will say again I am all for doing what we can to at least ensure that everybody who is a member of a FISO named league is also a member of FISO itself, with the requirement being a post in the relevant WHO ARE YOU thread declaring, errrrm, who you are! After then, it is their loss if they don't wish to contribute any further to FISO.

It is only fair to Admin to try and make sure as many people as possible join his forum. If people really are against keeping FISO leagues to FISOers only, then you can always go and form or join another non-FISO named league. However, I would consider that an empty exercise.

I think that the deadline to enter could be extended further into the autumn, but I absolutely hate being dropped down even a single place by a latecomer and, even worse, an unknown latecomer, and that is all Dixie has been trying to avoid.

We had a latecomer into the FISO F&E fantasy golf league, going straight into the Top 5. Considering that if the FISO league wins the F&E overall standings, it is the top five that get a prize, I would have been extremely peeved if I had been dropped to 6th - it was bad enough I dropped down a place anyway!

DixieDean
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by DixieDean »

Posting as an image won't work because the whole thread is captured by Google... When I search google with 'CYKI League Code' this thread comes out as the top search... If I google 'TFF Super league' FISO is the second link in the list which contains the login details.

Now... to me that leaves it open to anyone getting in the league regardless of joining FISO. I may be wrong because I'm already a member and logged in so I can see the threads but if I am not all it takes is a few minutes registering and boom... I've got the code and no-one will know who I am.

Even a 'who are you?' approach... which is an OK idea means that I can just post the once, say hello and then eff off.

Doing it via PM is a pain in the arsenal for the person doing it - believe me, checking threads and reading/replying to well over a hundred of 'em is not fun. Especially when you miss someone out. Like I did last season with Faruge.

So another way forward is similar to what Admin posted (quoted below) re. the Sun Dreamteam Forum recently... He is talking about rules for league admins in this instance but it could be adapted to people just joining the league itself - ie. A minimum postcount requirement for membership.

As you will read... I was questioning this very subject before the season started but got no feedback at all. The reason I asked the question was precisly because of this CYKI league.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46791" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
admin wrote:The Moderators for The Sun DreamTeam forum have been working overtime to control continued spamming of their forums by people who have recently registered on FISO in order to promote their Mini-League. Despite continued guidance offered that the promotion must stick to one thread this has been ignored. When the only option left was banning a user, the user has returned with the intent of disrupting the forum. The work involved is not fair on the volunteer Moderators.

So any posts/threads that do not conform to the following rules will be removed from the forum by the Moderators. Moderators will simply refer the 'offender' to this thread.

These rules only apply where the Mini-League Chairman can win a prize.

Rule 1

The person posting must have been a member on FISO for at least 12 months.

Rule 2

The person posting must have first posted on the forum at least 6 months ago.

Rule 3

The person posting must have at least 250 posts on his/her post counter.

Rule 4

A warning must still be highlighted on the 1st post of the thread as follows:

Warning - before joining this mini-league please read the following thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(This warning may be added by Moderators).

A copy of the warning given on that thread is as follows:

Please note the following when deciding whether to join or set up a Mini-League where a prize may be won by the Chairman of the mini-league:

1. As a general rule Admin will set up and thus Chair all 'official/main' FISO Mini-Leagues where substantial prizes could be won by the Chairman. This is so I know that the prizes will be distributed appropriately if won and I am best placed to contact users should they initially fail to come forward and claim their share. I will decide how prizes will be distributed and will post the respective shares on the forum. The offical FISO mini-leagues are generally found within the 'sticky' threads on the game's forum.

2. If there is a prize on offer for the Chairman then request permission from Admin first before setting up the 'official/main' FISO mini-league.

3. If you decide to join a mini-league not Chaired by me then you do so at your own risk. I do not necessarily know who the Chairman is in real life and may not be able to help you should he/she decide not to distribute the prize he/she has won. A mini-league set up using the FISO forums has nothing to do with FISO Ltd or the forum administrator.

4. If you want to join a non-official mini-league (i.e. one not chaired by me) then you should try and put in place some form of written agreement between the participants and the chairman (using real life names) with regard to the distribution of any prize won. This could be based upon a standard syndicate type agreements - showing the membership and how winnings are paid out. These should be signed but at least do an exchange of private messages.

5. If you join a mini-league not Chaired by me and you do not receive the share of winnings you were expecting then do not blame me or FISO. You were warned.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Can You Kick It (CYKI)”