To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

New Times Fantasy Football - run by GFM

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Times newspaper
admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

New Times Fantasy Football - run by GFM

Post by admin »

http://www.fantasyfootball.timesonline.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Times FF game has launched this afternoon

Only £3 to play

£100k to be won

Choice of 4 formations

Make transfers and loans

Free separate weekend prediction game to win £500 per week

Run by GFM (who used to run TFF).

Prizes:

Main Game
1st Prize £50,000
2nd Prize £5,000
3rd Prize £2,000

League of Mini Leagues
1st Prize £15,000
2nd Prize £4,000
3rd Prize £2,000

Chairmen's League
1st Prize £5,000

Premier Play (free to play game, played every weekend)
1st Prize £500 each week

P.S. Added 17 July:

There is absolutely no point setting up any Mini-Leagues now.

For a start, if you're aiming at the Chairman's prize and you are entering more than one team then it's the team you first use to set up a M/L that qualifies for the Chairman's league - so why not wait until late October to see which of your teams is performing best and try and use that one to set up a M/L.

Secondly, FISO would have a better chance of winning the overall M/L prize of £15,000 if the teams performing best at the end of October are grouped within one mini-league (with the next best performers into the next mini-league and so on) - of course keeping to the max one person per mini-league rule. The number of teams within each M/L would probably be between 5 to 10 (although only the top 5 count to the score). The prize money would be split amongst the top 5 (or most to top 5 with balance to the remainder). I will help select who should be the Chairman in order to minimise the risk that the Chairman doesn't distribute the mini-league winnings.

I also don't see that the Chairman's individual team prize is much different to the Chairman's mini-league prize. So if, for example, one of my teams is used to chair a FISO M/L (as you know per viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I prefer this where cash prizes are on offer) then it would be only fair to include any Chairman's League £5k won in the distribution of mini-league prizes (i.e. could be £20,000 to distribute amongst the mini-league members).

Once the top performing teams are grouped into say 5 (or maybe more?) FISO Mini-Leagues then I don't see any reason why you guys can't create other Mini-leagues with high placed teams and organise 4 other people to join you (with their poorer teams), and that way you maximise your chances of the Chairman's league prize. These Mini-Leagues would have very little chance of winning the overall Mini-League prize (although there is prize money down to 3rd) so are less of a concern to me as to who should be the chairman.

mighty reds
Treebeard

Re: New Times Fantasy Football - run by GFM

Post by mighty reds »

what's with the 5 Scottish teams as well as the premier league teams in the player list but no hibs or hearts?

7lb claimer
Grumpy Old Man

Post by 7lb claimer »

Excellent - I like the look of it - loans an interesting innovation, and
entry restrictions can only be good - hope entrants stick to the ten
max. and don't try to cheat :evil:
Are Hibs or Hearts in Europe?

Synyster
FISO Knight
FS Record: Won a few prizes here and there..

Post by Synyster »

Done my weekly premier play predictions/team .. viewed my score predictions and it has put them all down as draws (0-0 1-1 2-2 3-3) for some reason, when I put them as wins in each, stand no chance now. :cry:

pottster
Dumbledore
FS Record: Regularly finishing in the top 100

Post by pottster »

Looks good - may enter a team or three :)

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

All looks very good except the mini league rules. :)
I hate this is gonna end up like Silent manager games and we'll have to wait untill mini-league deadline(31st of Oct) to arrange mini leagues I guess.
I don't know why they just complicated that rule.
Only one team per manager is allowed for mini league.
"Mini Leagues must have a minimum of five teams participating to be eligible and an entrant may not have more than one team in any Mini League. There is no maximum number of teams in a Mini League but a different entrant must have entered each team. Mini Leagues will be invalid if they include teams that are identical to each other or if each team has not been entered by a different entrant. An entrant is a single individual"

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

This game looks good - like the idea of loans , and also that it will give me something to look at for the UEFA cup games.

I know it's a bit :wink: premature , but I have set up a mini-league which is called FISO buryboy ( hope that's OK Chris)

When the time comes , I will invite people to join , as CSativa says it will no doubt have to be well organised - or alternatively could be just a random shambles

Graham

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

This looks good to me - this may have fewer entries than would otherwise have attracted, due to the problems we've all had with times games over the years, they have a reputation to live down to. Hoping that GFM do better.
Will be up for a minileague entry or two nearer the time - will take some organising as mentioned above to make sure strictly only one league entry per person, but should be worth it in the end.

steve

shogun
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Unbeaten

Post by shogun »

Here, here looks great. I'm going to be the first to get the team on :lol: :P

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Why include just half the Scottish teams?

Do it properly or (preferably) not at all.......

Wombles
Cheetah

Post by Wombles »

Game looks good, but I see another silent manager on the horizzon. gfm had their problems on the Telegraph game, so they will need to avoid anything similar with Times if this is to be any good!!! :?

the-postman
fiso banshee
FS Record: fiso road to rio champ--sdt weekly winner 2015-jm elite league 3rd 14/15--sdt monthly r up 2016-
too many bbm wins to remember :-)

Post by the-postman »

TheCharltonFan wrote:Done my weekly premier play predictions/team .. viewed my score predictions and it has put them all down as draws (0-0 1-1 2-2 3-3) for some reason, when I put them as wins in each, stand no chance now. :cry:
you found another game to play m8 :lol:

AJC1964
Grumpy Old Man
Location: On the 16th at the FISO Scotland Golf Day with 39 points in the bag.
FS Record: 20k biggest single win was TFF Div1 £5k 2004/05

Post by AJC1964 »

those looking at setting up mini leagues will need to make sure they read T&C

9. MINI LEAGUES:
Entrants may also form or enter Mini Leagues in which they may additionally play in a league against friends, families and colleagues. Mini Leagues must have a minimum of five teams participating to be eligible and an entrant may not have more than one team in any Mini League. There is no maximum number of teams in a Mini League but a different entrant must have entered each team. Mini Leagues will be invalid if they include teams that are identical to each other or if each team has not been entered by a different entrant. An entrant is a single individual. Entrants to a Mini League will participate for the Mini League prizes and will also be eligible for any other Game prize. The Mini League prizes will be awarded to the Mini Leagues with the highest average points based on the scores of the five top-performing teams in a Mini League at the end of the Game. Mini Leagues can only be created after a team has been successfully registered. To create a Mini League, entrants should click the Start Mini League button after they have successfully registered their team in the Game. Entrants must provide a name for the Mini League in accordance with the same conditions set out for Team names in clause 8 and once the Mini League has been created, a unique PIN for the Mini League will be provided and this, along with the Mini League name, in exactly the format that it was entered should be passed to friends, family and colleagues to enable them to join the Mini League. Entrants can use the Send to a Friend facility on the Game site to advise friends, family and colleagues of their Mini League details. The creator and original entrant to a Mini League will be deemed to be the Mini League Chairman and will be eligible for the Chairmen's' League prize. This will be awarded to the Chairman of a valid Mini League whose individual team scores the highest number of points during the Game and tops the Chairman's League in which all league Chairmen will automatically participate. Only one entry per entrant is permitted into the Chairmen's League and this will be the entrant's team in the first valid Mini League entered by a Chairman and only Chairmen of leagues that are valid in accordance with the Mini League rules will be allowed to enter the Chairmen's League. The closing date for creation of and entry to a Mini League is 31st October 2008.

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

I only read the bit posted by CSativa before setting up the mini-league above.
Looking at AJC's post " The Mini League prizes will be awarded to the Mini Leagues with the highest average points based on the scores of the color=#408080]five top-performing [/color][/color]teams in a Mini League at the end of the Game."

Thus basically as I read it , the more the merrier, as long as there is only one entrant per individual in any one mini-league.

I guess there could be some way of teaming up to set up more than one FISO mini-league , but there seems to be no disadvantage to having loads of members.
Feel free to PM me to join my one set up above. With regard to prizes , I would suggest that the fund be split just between those that get in the top 5 on the following basis.

1st - 25%
2nd -22.5%
3rd - 20%
4th - 17.5%
5th - 15%

By PM'ing me your details , you agree to the above split - unless of course soemone comes up with a better idea before anyone has joined

Graham

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

buryboy wrote:I only read the bit posted by CSativa before setting up the mini-league above.
Looking at AJC's post " The Mini League prizes will be awarded to the Mini Leagues with the highest average points based on the scores of the color=#408080]five top-performing [/color][/color]teams in a Mini League at the end of the Game."

Thus basically as I read it , the more the merrier, as long as there is only one entrant per individual in any one mini-league.

I guess there could be some way of teaming up to set up more than one FISO mini-league , but there seems to be no disadvantage to having loads of members.
Feel free to PM me to join my one set up above. With regard to prizes , I would suggest that the fund be split just between those that get in the top 5 on the following basis.

1st - 25%
2nd -22.5%
3rd - 20%
4th - 17.5%
5th - 15%

By PM'ing me your details , you agree to the above split - unless of course soemone comes up with a better idea before anyone has joined

Graham
I believe it's mistake to create or to join to any mini league now.Because you don't know how well your team will be on the dead line.Imagine you will be at the top of overall table at the end of October but you can't really pick which mini league to join because you are already in a mini league.(assuming each team can join only one ML)
Or,imagine you have a few teams and when deadline comes you might regret that you actually put your worst team into your mini league.You will think you should have put your X team which is first in overall table instead of Y team is struggling aroung 10000th. :wink: .

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

C.Sativa wrote: I believe it's mistake to create or to join to any mini league now.Because you don't know how well your team will be on the dead line.Imagine you will be at the top of overall table at the end of October but you can't really pick which mini league to join because you are already in a mini league.(assuming each team can join only one ML)
Or,imagine you have a few teams and when deadline comes you might regret that you actually put your worst team into your mini league.You will think you should have put your X team which is first in overall table instead of Y team is struggling aroung 10000th. :wink: .
I agree

I , like Graham , can see the attraction of being a Chairman given the 5K prize :wink:

I have entered 10 teams and hope to set up a league at the end of October - hopefully my best performing team will be doing well enough to entice some of you into my league :lol:

Andy

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

andye wrote:can see the attraction of being a Chairman given the 5K prize :wink:
That had crossed my mind too!

Will be interesting times for those with successful teams come October... Could be some haggling over potential prize splits before people decide which mini-league their teams finally end up in :wink:

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

Boo hiss !! Dissing my attempt to convince people to join early :wink:

I will have to decide to set up another one nearer the time with my best team in it ? Or do I just stick that into Andy's best ( assuming it's actually any good and would get accepted ) ? Or do I just say , hell , I can't compete with the big-time multi entrants like Andy ( I mean ten teams in one competition ) :wink: ?, and go and cry into my soup and not bother doing any more ?

The £5k would come in handy though :)

andye
Grumpy Old Man

Post by andye »

blessedbrian wrote:
andye wrote:can see the attraction of being a Chairman given the 5K prize :wink:

Will be interesting times for those with successful teams come October... Could be some haggling over potential prize splits before people decide which mini-league their teams finally end up in :wink:
3 grand each in my league - and I'll buy you a pint :lol:

blessedbrian
Grumpy Old Man
Location: I've got such a long way to go...to make it to the border of mexico
FS Record: Cannot Complain!

Post by blessedbrian »

andye wrote:
blessedbrian wrote:

3 grand each in my league - and I'll buy you a pint :lol:
I cant enter negotations just yet, I'm waiting for Sepp to intervene with a comment about FF managers being victims of modern day slavery before I name my price :)

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

TheCharltonFan wrote:Done my weekly premier play predictions/team .. viewed my score predictions and it has put them all down as draws (0-0 1-1 2-2 3-3) for some reason, when I put them as wins in each, stand no chance now. :cry:
I understand from The Times that this issue was a display issue that was noticed on Monday night and fixed Tuesday morning. Apparently your predictions were recorded correctly and if you take another look today, all should be well. Are they?

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

There is absolutely no point setting up any Mini-Leagues now.

For a start, if you're aiming at the Chairman's prize and you are entering more than one team then it's the team you first use to set up a M/L that qualifies for the Chairman's league - so why not wait until late October to see which of your teams is performing best and try and use that one to set up a M/L.

Secondly, FISO would have a better chance of winning the overall M/L prize of £15,000 if the teams performing best at the end of October are grouped within one mini-league (with the next best performers into the next mini-league and so on) - of course keeping to the max one person per mini-league rule. The number of teams within each M/L would probably be between 5 to 10 (although only the top 5 count to the score). The prize money would be split amongst the top 5 (or most to top 5 with balance to the remainder). I will help select who should be the Chairman in order to minimise the risk that the Chairman doesn't distribute the mini-league winnings.

I also don't see that the Chairman's individual team prize is much different to the Chairman's mini-league prize. So if, for example, one of my teams is used to chair a FISO M/L (as you know per viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27293" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I prefer this where cash prizes are on offer) then it would be only fair to include any Chairman's League £5k won in the distribution of mini-league prizes (i.e. could be £20,000 to distribute amongst the mini-league members).

Once the top performing teams are grouped into say 5 (or maybe more?) FISO Mini-Leagues then I don't see any reason why you guys can't create other Mini-leagues with high placed teams and organise 4 other people to join you (with their poorer teams), and that way you maximise your chances of the Chairman's league prize. These Mini-Leagues would have very little chance of winning the overall Mini-League prize (although there is prize money down to 3rd) so are less of a concern to me as to who should be the chairman.

buryboy
Treebeard

Post by buryboy »

I didn't see that rule saying your chairman that counted was your first :oops: . I have had my mini-league deleted so will probably be looking to set up another one nearer the time

Graham

keithy007
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: A few national wins and some other podiums.

Post by keithy007 »

admin wrote:
I understand from The Times that this issue was a display issue that was noticed on Monday night and fixed Tuesday morning. Apparently your predictions were recorded correctly and if you take another look today, all should be well. Are they?
Doesn't bode well for the new game does it :!:
And lets not forget the mess that the Times made of the last paid game they did the yr before last :x
Is a certain Mr goldsmith entering? :wink:
Whatever happens the Times need to get a good game going, bed it in and stick with it - lets hope this is it and they don't change the rules half way into the season this time :roll:

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

keithy007 wrote: Doesn't bode well for the new game does it :!:
And lets not forget the mess that the Times made of the last paid game they did the yr before last :x
Whatever happens the Times need to get a good game going, bed it in and stick with it - lets hope this is it and they don't change the rules half way into the season this time :roll:
At least GFM are running it, instead of being done inhouse by The Times which always seemed to lead to problems.

Clearly The Times are likely to suffer from entry levels having not done a 'normal' FF game last year, although £3 a team compares very favourably with TFF.

ltomas
Cheetah

Post by ltomas »

LIGA FORUM PORTUGAL - 8000207

SCOLARI TEAM - 8000208

GLOBAL LEAGUE - 8000214
Last edited by ltomas on 01 Aug 2008, 13:30, edited 1 time in total.

murph
Treebeard

Post by murph »

admin wrote:
keithy007 wrote: Doesn't bode well for the new game does it :!:
At least GFM are running it, instead of being done inhouse by The Times which always seemed to lead to problems.

Clearly The Times are likely to suffer from entry levels having not done a 'normal' FF game last year, although £3 a team compares very favourably with TFF.

Cheers admin, (no pressure then)

I'm sure we'll cause our own problems, you know where I am if you need help....

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

Why is a bad idea to not have a mini league until the deadline in this game, but ok in the Telegraph to do it now.
OK the Telegraph deadline is beginning of Oct rather than the end but it's still a good few games in so why wouldn't you wait with the telegraph as well and then work out leagues from highest scoring teams.
I think it goes against the spirit of the game, myself, but I can see that others would do it so why not FISO but I don't understand why do it in one game and not in others.

C.Sativa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by C.Sativa »

sorbiegunner wrote:Why is a bad idea to not have a mini league until the deadline in this game, but ok in the Telegraph to do it now.
OK the Telegraph deadline is beginning of Oct rather than the end but it's still a good few games in so why wouldn't you wait with the telegraph as well and then work out leagues from highest scoring teams.
I think it goes against the spirit of the game, myself, but I can see that others would do it so why not FISO but I don't understand why do it in one game and not in others.
Because of the mini league restriction to 1 team per manager in this game.I have 10 teams for example but I don't know which one I'll put in FISO ML(or vice versa FISO needs the best team of each manager).I obviously want to put my best team but I don't know which one will be, because I can only put one team.TFF has no restriction.
Same goes for managers.If you want to compete for manager price you have to choose your best team as a manager but you don't know which one is your best team.
It's actuall Time's mess with the mini league rule.I think it's stupid rule and it will mess the mini league idea.

sorbiegunner
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sorbiegunner »

C.Sativa wrote:
sorbiegunner wrote:Why is a bad idea to not have a mini league until the deadline in this game, but ok in the Telegraph to do it now.
Because of the mini league restriction to 1 team per manager in this game.I have 10 teams for example but I don't know which one I'll put in FISO ML(or vice versa FISO needs the best team of each manager).I obviously want to put my best team but I don't know which one will be, because I can only put one team.TFF has no restriction.
Same goes for managers.If you want to compete for manager price you have to choose your best team as a manager but you don't know which one is your best team.
It's actuall Time's mess with the mini league rule.I think it's stupid rule and it will mess the mini league idea.
Right, I see now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Times Newspaper FF Games”