To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Will this game last until May?

A forum for Fantasy Football games run by Fanball (via the Sky Sports website).

Poll ended at 22 Jan 2007, 19:32

Yes
25%
No
58%
Don't care anymore
17%

Total votes: 12

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem
FS Record: SKY Sports 2007 Manager of the Month

Post by CBB »

As we're all hacked off with the game I just thought I'd see what everyone thinks about the future of this great but badly run game. I'm going for NO. Don't really see how as we sit here tonight.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

increasingly and incredibly badly run, yet i think they might have to keep it going for other legal reasons stateside; with internet "gambling" made illegal, bets on "skill" games such as those run by fanball can be more lucrative for the operating company. despite losses (£200k - £300k??) on this game in UK this season, their US operations seems to be going strong. would look bad for them in long run if game folded before season ended.

Miles Offside
Wideboy
FS Record: MOTM Oct09 TFF cup Q/F

Post by Miles Offside »

Agree with quizking. I voted no a couple of weeks ago but in the last week or so they seem to be getting their act together. Probably famous last words but I am hopeful now. Are winners still getting paid?? I Wouldn't know am always there or thereabouts but just can't get over the line. :?

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Miles Offside wrote:Agree with quizking. I voted no a couple of weeks ago but in the last week or so they seem to be getting their act together. Probably famous last words but I am hopeful now. Are winners still getting paid?? I Wouldn't know am always there or thereabouts but just can't get over the line. :?
Still waiting for a cheque for last quarter. Do believe it'll come though now.

Graham76
Kevin and Perry

Post by Graham76 »

Emailed them earlier in the week about outstanding prize money from the last Quarter. Got this reply yesterday:

Thank you for contacting Fantasy Football Challenge Customer Service. We are in the process of sending out the checks at this time. You should receive your prize within 10-12 business days. We apologize for any delay.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

Fantasy Football Challenge Support

CBB
Grumpy Old Mackem

Post by CBB »

Graham76 wrote:Emailed them earlier in the week about outstanding prize money from the last Quarter. Got this reply yesterday:

Thank you for contacting Fantasy Football Challenge Customer Service. We are in the process of sending out the checks at this time. You should receive your prize within 10-12 business days. We apologize for any delay.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

Fantasy Football Challenge Support
Nice one. :D

Leehweb
Treebeard

Post by Leehweb »

Good News as I am still O/S 3 payments + 10 freebie £1 bets..

However, got my £100 Kitbag voucher which worked without any issues.

BanjoRed
Kevin and Perry

Post by BanjoRed »

Better run than it was, but still not perfect. Some cheques sent but others outstanding need to be cleared up soon.
I think the game might make it to the end, if only to keep their name intact as they seem well established in the U.S. Don't know why they went ahead with the game anyway after losses in the World Cup game. But what odds on there being a smaller scale U.K game next season? :wink: Hope so as its one of the most interesting as one of the few games were players from smaller teams can get good points. :D

anon6
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: Small Profit

Post by anon6 »

quizking wrote:increasingly and incredibly badly run, yet i think they might have to keep it going for other legal reasons stateside; with internet "gambling" made illegal, bets on "skill" games such as those run by fanball can be more lucrative for the operating company. despite losses (£200k - £300k??) on this game in UK this season, their US operations seems to be going strong. would look bad for them in long run if game folded before season ended.
The Safe Ports Act specifically excludes Fantasy Sports competitions.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fanball Sky Sports (Game ceased)”