To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

fanteam updates

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Dumbledore

fanteam updates

Post by 12345678 »

i've not given any updates for a while nor even looked at fiso but as an 'old regular' felt i should post some stuff out of loyalty to chris and the forum.

first of all you need to know this.

https://www.scoutgaminggroup.com/invest ... CgYqZjaKqY

scout could go under, in all likelihood taking fanteam down with it.

would is top me playing? no!

would it stop me keeping a large balance in there? yes

everyone has their own view on risk, clearly there is way way less risk with draft kings but fanteam games are better and the less mature product gives the skilled player more chances. with NHL for instance timings also create issues with 'late swap' style games in DK.

Dumbledore

Re: fanteam updates

Post by 12345678 »

simon sent me this.

'Hey all! 👋
Our main Weekly Monster contests for Gameweek 1 will be up in the lobby shortly! 🎉

I wanted to share an update about them as you will probably notice that the maximum number of teams allowed per user has been reduced to 25 per user in the main tournaments (€2 and €20).

This is part of our overall new direction of making the games a little bit more friendly for the casual audience as we expect many new users to join the games, but meanwhile keeping them fun for the more advanced players. For this purpose, we designed a new system to decide the maximum amount of teams per user for every contest, that will be consistent across all sports and events.

Max allowed entries per user will depend on the buy-in level (low, mid, etc.) and the number of entries, with smaller contests having a lower limit. The full details of this new setup will be announced next week. What you need to know at this stage, is that the maximum amount of entries in the low level (€2) that will be used in very large fields is 25 max/user, while for the mid level (like the €20) it can go up to 40 max/user on large fields. With the €20 WM for GW1 set at 20k guaranteed, the 25 max/user limit will ensure that no user can control more than 2.5% of the field.

We hope that you enjoy the new setup, and wish you the best of luck for the new season! ❤️

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

so clearly with reduced staff, a slightly more mature market a rethink has gone on over marketing strategy. i personally wish them well.

if it stays as it is it won't effect me much personally i've never made huge entries and usually play around 20 entries, typically in NHL, although i play all NFL contests, some epl monster contests, all golf contests all tennis freezes and most seasonal type games etc.

for the average player the field changes may mean you are up against a few less well organised very large multis. on balance that probably favours you. i do think it is risky dumping the high entry multis as you reduce turnover and run the risk that where they can they will defect to draft kings where they are able to, particularly considering the real chances of them going under!

the dumping instead of reducing entries in the weekly epl monster seems a bit 'suicidal' given it is their flagship and i think they could achieve a pretty large entry week in and week out and i think they risk a big loss of turnover and loss of loyalty.

on the whole it looks like they will be more business like with less cash syphoned off by affilates and hopefully an end to the free tickets seemingly for friends type scandal.

it's early days but i haven't noticed much improvement in the support since the 'streamlining and changes.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

a bit of a look back, and look forward viz a viz draft kings option too.

support has historically been appalling i've been needlessly harassed over source of funds been accused of causing trouble when trying to help etc. will it improve? well it can't get worse but probably not much.

the game design is the strength. on the whole the games are both interesting and very well designed with good pricing underpinning it. some games got ruined by the excessive use of 'pursuit' which was needed to split some showdown type contests but introduced a pointless negative effect when introduced to other contests creating a weird mathematical adjustment that they eventually worked out for themselves was neither needed nor popular.

to give an example of their strength the football games are 11-player whereas draft kings is 8-player and includes a lot of extra statistical stuff i'm not sure would appeal to a euro market, also it doesn't have the same breadth of players in it, the recreational players are not there so you are usually up against it in small fields!

the variety of sports is very appealing, the american ones are there if you want them but also you have the likes of cricket. for me personally cricket like a few other bits n pieces is a 'no go', don't get me wrong i'd love to play fantasy cricket but the stakes for entry are too low!

the other issue as they found out along these lines is that reducing the guarantees too low can kill games, with a higher guarantee i would play baseball and MLS as well as what i play. whilst the stake is fine the low guarantees make the entry numbers too low. that means you only want to enter 2/3/4 teams rather than the 20 permitted. it simply isnt in my personal view worth doing the research for a game if you are playing £30-£50 of entries and the headline prizes are too low in any case, you might as well leave it alone or have a bet if that is your inclination.

i think at some point for me personally i will see further reductions in entry levels and prizes making it not worth my while playing sadly. i expect this to happen before they go bust! they tried zero guarantee in NHL last year and it almost killed the game, i really hope they learnt something from that experience but somehow doubt they will. too lower guarantees will also crush many sports in all likelihood.

do i think they will last the season? probably but no guarantees, do i think they will still be here as a viable platform in 5 years time? sadly probably not!

hope that is useful for any casual fiso players or those thinking of giving it a try. there is a lot that is very good about fanteam, i'll carry on playing for now, everyone looks at things differently these are just my views plus some recent facts about how things stand.

andy

dead parrot
Grumpy Old Man

Post by dead parrot »

Thanks for interesting analysis Andy
While the reduced prizes and entries is disappointing, it does give a better overall balance and if it helps to keep fanteam going that is good. Last season gave reminiscences of the notorious 'premierwin' fiasco some years ago.
With the FF culture changing in recent years so that the populist luck-centered FPL dominates and the big newspapers decline through negligence and bad management it is good to have someone like Fanteam providing an enjoyable and challenging game to fill the gap.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”