Perišić vs. Trippier

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Perišić vs. Trippier

Poll ended at 04 Aug 2022, 16:23

Perišić
28%
Trippier
72%

Total votes: 29

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Perišić vs. Trippier

Post by Bob Newhart »

Perišić vs. Trippier... Will Perišić cause your chances of a good start to perish or will Trippier trip you up?

Are they essential? One, or both... or neither?

Damned if I can chose between them... doubt I'm the only one, hence the poll.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: Perišić vs. Trippier

Post by Mav3rick »

I've been on Perisic since the game opened, but actually swapped him to James on my most recent draft.

There's a chance I'll go back to him, and I think he scores well when he plays, the question is can he be expected with confidence to start GW1 given the rumours we have about injury and such. I think when the CL group stages start, he seems like a no-go given the fixture congestion (unless it becomes clear that someone else is starting the CL matches) so its an early punt or not at all for me, with the early certainty of James or Dias likely winning out for 0.5 more.

I don't have Trippier myself, but I think a 5.0 defender is a great price point to hit and I do have a 5.0 defender, as there are a lot that I think offer value. I don't expect too much from Trippier though. He's not Reece James lite and aiming for something like 150 from the slot as a whole seems a good result to me.

blahblah
FISO Baron
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Season long, I have Trippier, due to his cheapness - but I do compare Defs to Mids with the added advantage of more points for a CS.

Perisic is a bit dearer, but I would expect him to start and Sess to get (hopefully) no more than 20 mins a match.

Tbh, I am a long way from picking a squad for GW1, and there are a LOT of very interesting Defenders this season.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Had both of them at one point.

Perisic is gone now, not convinced on his minutes (played 45 today v Rangers I think), still got Trippier as I like his opening two games and he rotates perfectly with Pereira for his hard games. Could still lose Trippier if I decide to go back to the Chelsea double up of James/Chilwell.

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

I’ve had both for a few weeks now but have ultimately gone for Cash + 0.5m over Perisic.
Will we have enough info before gw1 deadline to know that Perisic will even start? Then, gw2 he has Chelsea away….
That, plus Villa’s gw1 fixture at Bournemouth seals it for me.

Trippier, I can imagine, will stay in my team for the long haul as part of a 5 at the back set up, only being benched for gws 3+5.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Trippier +0.5m for me.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

I could end up going with both and not James.

cymbalrush84
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2nd in Pendulum Swingers Super League 2006/7

Post by cymbalrush84 »

Subject to good fitness levels, both go in for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

Bob Newhart wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 12:51I could end up going with both and not James.
cymbalrush84 wrote: 26 Jul 2022, 13:21Subject to good fitness levels, both go in for me. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm coming around to this view, too. Both over one and James.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”