To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - Here We Go Again

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

RMT - Here We Go Again

Post by Flashheart »

Important for me to get this right early doors due to being on holiday when the season starts. Don't think the wife and kids will forgive me for ignoring them for TFF.

It clearly looks like 5:3:2 offers the best formation this year so here goes:

Ederson £4.4m - Top keepers deliver the points with saves included.

Laporte £4.5m - Cheapest way into City defence. Cancelo looks too pricey which means too many other compromises.
Robertson £5.2m - Cheaper than TTA and VVD and Liverpool defender is needed given their start.
Guehi £3.0m - Based on performance last year. Hopefully it can be maintained.
Lenglet £3.0m - Tottenham looking very strong this season and he could be a bargain.
Zinchenko £3.2m - Aresenal's start can't be as bad as last season given the early fixtures.

Johnson £2.5m - Cheap Forest enabler.
De Bruyne £6.5m - Not much value in midfield. Ended last season strongly and scoring in preseason.
Guimares £3.6m - Seems to be the 'cheap' midfielder of choice.

Salah £7m - Nothing needs to be said here.
Son £6.7m - Golden boot winner in a stronger Spurs team.

This gives me £0.4m if I need to bring in Haaland or Kane.

Only questions I have are around Lenglet and Zinchenko. I can start with Dier (£3.2) and see how Lenglet settles in and there's also the option of Spence (£3.1). I could start with Gabriel instead of Zinchenko but if I have Gabriel and Dier I would have to downgrade Bruno to someone like Bissouma.

Any thoughts welcome.

buttonphobic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFF 2nd (08/09) and 9th (20/21). Led TFF in Feb of 23/24 eventually finishing up??

Re: RMT - Here We Go Again

Post by buttonphobic »

I like the flexibility of being able to upgrade to those other big hitters. If it was me I’d just check out a few more combinations of those three cheaper defenders. I would have thought Zinchenko will be a regular given his cost!

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Just keep an eye on Laporte's fitness too. He didn't travel to the US on City's pre-season tour.

https://theathletic.com/3439099/2022/07 ... b-america/

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not a bad team. Set up slightly odd with 3 solid but cheapish defenders at the same(ish) price mark.

I had thought of a cheaper keeper like Pope (others say Sa) but that doesn't really give you enough to upgrade to a City/Liverpool defender so your way is better other tgan the inflexibility.

That midfield is pretty standard on the RMTs. Not overly keen on it but there are so few stand out picks that I may use it.

Son? Maybe but I wonder if he'll keep pace with Kane/Haaland/Salah this year.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Johnners wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 11:59 Just keep an eye on Laporte's fitness too. He didn't travel to the US on City's pre-season tour.

🤦🤦🤦🤦

It's behind a paywall.... is he broken or unvaccinated etc?

bob
Wideboy

Post by bob »

Robertson and Salah not involved in the World Cup (same for Haaland) which I like

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

blahblah wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 12:07
Johnners wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 11:59 Just keep an eye on Laporte's fitness too. He didn't travel to the US on City's pre-season tour.

🤦🤦🤦🤦

It's behind a paywall.... is he broken or unvaccinated etc?
Not broken necessarily, but the article suggests it was for fitness reasons rather than his vaccination status.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Thanks 😭😭😭😭😭

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

bob wrote:Robertson and Salah not involved in the World Cup (same for Haaland) which I like
Not sure how relevant that is now with 40 transfers and it being a few months off.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Is the WC being considered as 1 week ie 5 transfers?

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:Is the WC being considered as 1 week ie 5 transfers?
Shouldn't be. Not that it exactly matters unless you get very, very unlucky.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 21:49
blahblah wrote:Is the WC being considered as 1 week ie 5 transfers?
Shouldn't be. Not that it exactly matters unless you get very, very unlucky.
I'm thinking of fresh players after the WC, ie players that don't go deep in it....

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

Post by Flashheart »

Thanks for that. Reading around it it doesn't look too promising for the start of the season. Any thoughts on Walker as a cheaper temporary replacement?

At least I'll have the Community Shield to see how City line up.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

Flashheart wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 16:41

Thanks for that. Reading around it it doesn't look too promising for the start of the season. Any thoughts on Walker as a cheaper temporary replacement?

At least I'll have the Community Shield to see how City line up.
Walker could work in the short term, but he only played around half of City's PL games last year for one reason or another, and if Cucurella signs then it's a transfer waiting to happen. If it's a City defender you want then personally I'd rather stump up the extra cash and get Cancelo.

Like you said, no harm waiting for the CS team sheet first. You never know, Laporte might even be on it!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”