The denial of Jesus

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Gabriel Jesus

He is my saviour and selected as my second forward.
78%
I am a sinner, he is denied access to my draft
22%

Total votes: 51

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Re: The denial of Jesus

Post by Roger Ramjet »

plasticninja wrote:I am surprised Darwin hasn't got a mention, seems the obvious choice if you are a Jesus denier.

I've got both, just in case. :wink:
Haaland and Kane instead for me!

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Had visions of Gabriel in every team.

blahblah
FISO Baron
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Roger Ramjet wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 15:45
plasticninja wrote:I am surprised Darwin hasn't got a mention, seems the obvious choice if you are a Jesus denier.

Shirley you mean Kane and Abel?

Roger Ramjet
FISOhead

Post by Roger Ramjet »

blahblah wrote:
Roger Ramjet wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 15:45

Shirley you mean Kane and Abel?
Don't can't me Shirley Image

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Another goal and good display in the game v Chelsea.

Admittedly Chelsea were very poor but there is no denying that Jesus (and the Arsenal attack in general) have looked very sharp pre season. Although I prefer the 8m slot in midfield over the longer term, it seems to me that getting on Jesus early while he's clearly full of confidence is a good move.

Has there been any confirmation on the penalty taker yet for this season? I've seen Saka, Martinelli, and Jesus mentioned. If Jesus were to get the pens too he'd look an even better option.

blahblah
FISO Baron
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I am firmly in the pick a Squad for up to 8 GWs and Jesus is an easier pick than hitting the Mount, Maddisson et al mess?

re Pen Taker: where has Martinelli come from? I would have thought it was Saka vs Jesus, with OdEg possible.

How bad were Chelsea? I don't have access to the match :(

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Pioneer and perpetual main protagonist of the prestigious perennial Phlegmiership. Other than that particularly pointless prize pretty average.

Post by RuudTheDudeVanTheMan »

Martinelli took one in their last game of last season with Saka on the pitch.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

blahblah wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 15:17 I am firmly in the pick a Squad for up to 8 GWs and Jesus is an easier pick than hitting the Mount, Maddisson et al mess?

re Pen Taker: where has Martinelli come from? I would have thought it was Saka vs Jesus, with OdEg possible.

How bad were Chelsea? I don't have access to the match :(
They were awful.

Martinelli took one back end of last season, and on the Arsenal boards he's mentioned with Saka and Jesus as possibly being the penalty taker this season.

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 15:26 Martinelli took one in their last game of last season with Saka on the pitch.
Interesting......

Thanks

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

I’m really struggling to understand the attraction, to be honest.

Currently at almost 65% ownership???

Arsenal’s first game is away to a team who beat them 3-0 less than 4 months ago, followed by a Leicester team who finally seem to have an injury-free defence…

What am I missing?

If I’m looking at the first couple of fixtures only, then I could well imagine someone like Watkins (3.8% ownership) racking up more points than Jesus.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

The first two fixtures are the issue for me yeah, but I think it's understandable that a nailed on 8.0 striker playing for a top 6 side is popular.

More so than Salah and Trent is a bit surprising, but I assume that's to do with preseason form and the fact he occupies an awkward striker slot.

I'm still on the fence, could actually still go with Brennan Johnson for the first few matches, then maybe change things up with a midfield enabler after we've had a look. Still also looking at Jesus along with Lingard/Mac Alister or Bailey too though!

Beerfuelledman
FISO Knight
FS Record: FISO 17/18 FPL Cash Draft League Winner

Post by Beerfuelledman »

The worry for me is that at 65% owned if he (quite concievably) doesnt bang GW1/2 and ANYONE else does (CallumWIlson anyone?) then at the beginning when price changes are at their most volatile Jesus stands a real chance of being 7.8m by GW2...

MPTree
Grumpy Old Man

Post by MPTree »

I dunno. Forward spots are just so tricky compared to the rest of the team that Jesus seems a pretty easy pick. It's obvs not quite as straightforward as replacing with the equivalent 8m mid, unless there are decent 4.5m forward options I'm not aware of? Is Greenwood going to get the minutes?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

MPTree wrote:Is Greenwood going to get the minutes?
No. He's still on bail.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

MPTree wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 13:25 I dunno. Forward spots are just so tricky compared to the rest of the team that Jesus seems a pretty easy pick. It's obvs not quite as straightforward as replacing with the equivalent 8m mid, unless there are decent 4.5m forward options I'm not aware of? Is Greenwood going to get the minutes?
Greenwood Leeds was favoured by Marsch at the end of the season. With new additions he's got more competition. I suspect he'll be a utilised sub.

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

His price could be a tad fragile in FPL?

Am I right in thinking that highly owned players are more at risk than the ones with few owners?

Charade
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Charade »

blahblah wrote: 29 Jul 2022, 17:21 His price could be a tad fragile in FPL?

Am I right in thinking that highly owned players are more at risk than the ones with few owners?
Aren't price shifts a question of % of owners selling, rather than raw numbers? I.e. it only takes 30 people to sell a stake in a 1000-ownership player before they price drop, compared to 30,000 needing to sell a 1,000,000 ownership player. Not sure if you'd consider that more or less of a risk (and I could be wrong about how price changes work)

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Yeah it's percentages rather than absolute number of sales. It's the 'active' ownership you need to be wary of, I'd assume the likes of Neto for example will fall sharply if they don't perform.

Jesus seems likely to be in more casual/dead teams, so probably would offer a degree of price safety IMO.

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Jesus is the problem in all of my drafts that causes the difficult choices. I only have him for FOMO.
A lock in for me is Kane. This allows an easy switch to Haaland if he comes out firing.

As soon as I remove Jesus I can unlock getting all the defence I want and not need having a base price starter in my 11. (Not the end of the world with Andreas/Neco)

I guess this is what makes the good managers in the game, go with your opinions in the right situations rather than FOMO.

I would much rather have Kane and Salah at the sacrifice of Jesus to start with rather than have to take hits and restructure l the team to get them in

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

Thanks for the price drop replies as it triggered the brain cell to remember something about price falls being a percentage or a fixed number, which ever is lowest. There is a reason why some players drop quickly and I thought it was high ownership.....

FOMO is definitely a real thing in FPL. I guess that the problem is the more we ponder is it FOMO or not the more we get confused 🤔🤔🤔🤔 re Jesus: I think he's a solid pick at 8m for a CF at the 3rd to 5th finishing club.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Mav3rick wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 08:08 Jesus seems likely to be in more casual/dead teams, so probably would offer a degree of price safety IMO.
How do they know casual/dead teams so early in the season?

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

Arsenal are beating Seville 5-0 at the moment, Jesus 3 Saka 2, Saka on penalties.

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

Yep. AFC are charging a fiver on their App 😳😳😳🙄

Hopefully there will be 10+ mins highlights on YouTube 🙏🙏🙏

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

This changes draft thinking yet again!

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

Final score 6-0.

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

Oatfedgoat wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:27 This changes draft thinking yet again!
Just accept that they are going to finish between 3rd and 5th, with an 8m CF 😂🤣😂🤣

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:30
Just accept that they are going to finish between 3rd and 5th, with an 8m CF 😂🤣😂🤣
I was going to share a link to the highlights for you, but I wont now. :wink:

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

plasticninja wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:32
Bstrd

plasticninja
Grumpy Old Man

Post by plasticninja »

blahblah wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:35
plasticninja wrote: 30 Jul 2022, 14:32
Bstrd
I sent you a PM you miserable git, did you get it?

blahblah
FISO Baron

Post by blahblah »

🤣😂🤣😂

No PM here 🤷‍♂️

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”