The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
User avatar
Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3935
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 15:43

The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Image

Welcome to the Rounded Keeper 2022/23!

First things first, we all need to say a huge thank you to Mav3rick who has performed the annual ribbon cutting ceremony at the state opening of the Rounded Keeper for the last 5 years now. He has set a very high bar in what most pub guides describe as a very low bar. This year however, after somebody started a rumour that the pub opening would be dependent on an inspection of blah's colon, Mav decided that this was a danger zone that he was not prepared to enter and declared that he was heading to the beach to play with the boys.

Once again Gretchen's younger sister Ingrid is here to retrieve the crown from last season's landlord Danzku and present it to the winner of last season's Rounded Keeper League and our new honourary Landlord of The Rounded Keeper 2022/23 - SG_8

Image

Also receiving honours is Multiple Scorgasms who was the winner of the inaugural Rounded Keeper League Cup. In recognition of this achievement, Multiple Scorgasms will be honoured with his own personal bar stool for the season so he will always have a space at the bar, even on the busiest matchdays.

Image

So far people have been reluctant to sit in this seat and I'm convinced that it is entirely out of respect for the honour bestowed.

I know most of you will be eager to hear news of Gretchen, and I am happy to confirm that she still pops in from time to time. She is still working on her Law and Criminality qualifications and remains miraculously as full of youth and vitality as ever. Sadly, however, we cannot say the same about her entourage, who have been hit by the cruel ravages of time, particularly after a big night out.

Image

As we wave goodbye to one Landlord and usher in the new one, so the long trial of finding the next Landlord begins with the forming of another Rounded Keeper League and Cup for our regulars. Smurphy Paw will be overseeing the process again and will be along soon to provide more information and pin a sign-up sheet on the pub notice board.

Now, who's up for a packet of crisps with a pickled egg in it?

User avatar
TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4174
Joined: 25 Jul 2016, 15:04
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

That time of the year again. Great to be back chaps. Looking forward to all the discussion!

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Knight
Posts: 17789
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 16:59 Image
Image

User avatar
Malrom
FISO Knight
Posts: 11181
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:43
Location: Feet in Switzerland, Football heart in Leeds
FS Record: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNlxKH9Jtmc
Contact:

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Malrom »

Tremendous start into the new season!!

You are the best, Talkie Toaster! 8-) 8-) 8-)

User avatar
Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2637
Joined: 29 Dec 2009, 00:30

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

Nice write up.
As long as the beer is flowing, my chair won't be empty.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk


User avatar
Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
Posts: 10788
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 12 Jul 2022, 16:59 Image

As we wave goodbye to one Landlord and usher in the new one, so the long trial of finding the next Landlord begins with the forming of another Rounded Keeper League and Cup for our regulars. Smurphy Paw will be overseeing the process again and will be along soon to provide more information and pin a sign-up sheet on the pub notice board.
Thanks Talkie Toaster, and congratulations once again to SG_8 and Multiple Scorgasms.

Yes, I will be setting up the third annual Rounded Keeper League and second Rounded Keeper Cup in due course.

This week I am mainly laid up with Covid (not too bad). But whilst I am struggling to concentrate on anything much it does afford us a few days to suggest and agree any changes to the current set up.

My proposal is to keep the format the same - I’ll set up a thread on to which everyone can post their details. It’ll need to include FISO Name, FPL Name and Team Name so that we can cross reference.

Last year as the Cup approached lots of regulars started to see the benefit of this being a League/Cup for FISO contributors rather than lurkers or ‘never really been on heres’. The exact nature of that remains deliberately vague - we’d like to encourage more participation not less - and I hope that we got it just about right last year.

But here’s your chance to change things. For the rest of this week, if you do think there are rules that need to be tweaked, post suggestions here in The Rounded Keeper. The current rules are here viewtopic.php?f=18&t=133703 at the top of last year’s thread.

Cheers all

SP

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
Posts: 5355
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks TT, SP and Mav
Re the league and cup, I think last season was great and did help create some chat in the pub. Keep up the good work :)
I do hope this is the last time blah's colon needs to be mentioned though ;)

User avatar
Spreadsheet
FISOhead
Posts: 672
Joined: 19 Jul 2009, 17:36
Location: Leicester
FS Record: SDT Mini League Maestro - 5 wins and 3 Runners Up in 9 years. Never made it on the biggest stage though. I'm the DT David Bentley.

Only one FPL campaign (18/19) under my belt. Nothing spectacular.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Spreadsheet »

I’ve had a preseason fitness camp in readiness for being able to pop by here more regularly this season than previous ones gone by, all without piling on the Guinness pounds, so thanks for opening the premises up TT, and I’m looking forward to catching up with the rest of you.

User avatar
ajcairns
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1236
Joined: 05 Oct 2016, 14:40
FS Record: Still Decidedly Average.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by ajcairns »

Large one please barkeep. Cheers everyone, good luck for your season.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

Fook.

I've been almost dry for a while 🤦🤦🤦

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
Posts: 5355
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Oxford NZ »

Plug for the FISO cup and Divisional championships.
registration thread here
We are now up to 49 signed up for another season of Divisional and cup fun :)
S18 Qualification table link here
Fiso cup registration link here

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
Posts: 5355
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:22 You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣
I have yet to release the Kraken, the cup needs at least 64 ( 80 is better) and three weeks to Deadline. The Divisionals should be OK with a GW4 deadline.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:50
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:22 You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣
I have yet to release the Kraken, the cup needs at least 64 ( 80 is better) and three weeks to Deadline. The Divisionals should be OK with a GW4 deadline.
😂🤣😂🤣😂

User avatar
Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3935
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 15:43

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:17 Plug for the FISO cup and Divisional championships.
registration thread here
We are now up to 49 signed up for another season of Divisional and cup fun :)
S18 Qualification table link here
Fiso cup registration link here
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:51
Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:50
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:22 You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣
I have yet to release the Kraken, the cup needs at least 64 ( 80 is better) and three weeks to Deadline. The Divisionals should be OK with a GW4 deadline.
😂🤣😂🤣😂
I've got 54 for mine. 8-)

Do you think we could get away with doing swapsies for those we each need, or does it not work like that? :lol: :lol:

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
Posts: 5355
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Oxford NZ »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:29
Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:17 Plug for the FISO cup and Divisional championships.
registration thread here
We are now up to 49 signed up for another season of Divisional and cup fun :)
S18 Qualification table link here
Fiso cup registration link here
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:51
Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:50
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:22 You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣
I have yet to release the Kraken, the cup needs at least 64 ( 80 is better) and three weeks to Deadline. The Divisionals should be OK with a GW4 deadline.
😂🤣😂🤣😂
I've got 54 for mine. 8-)

Do you think we could get away with doing swapsies for those we each need, or does it not work like that? :lol: :lol:
I must admit when I see players signing up to other competitions and not the Divisionals I have considered adding them in.
Mail shots to last seasons players are a last resort that boosts the numbers.
wahine has offered help this season, and I will take up that offer to inject new energy, ideas and enthusiasm to the competition.
wahine wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:03 Thank you 😘 ONZ..

If I could be trained :roll: , I would be willing to help out.
:)
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 14 Jul 2022, 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

Wasn't there somewhere that was a 1 stop registration to all FISO stuff?

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
Posts: 5355
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Oxford NZ »

blahblah wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:41 Wasn't there somewhere that was a 1 stop registration to all FISO stuff?
Romyn or TT have done a thread with links to the FISO competitions that I will look into setting up this week if I get a chance.

User avatar
Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 3935
Joined: 11 Jul 2017, 15:43

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Oxford NZ wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:48
blahblah wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:41 Wasn't there somewhere that was a 1 stop registration to all FISO stuff?
Romyn or TT have done a thread with links to the FISO competitions that I will look into setting up this week if I get a chance.
I'm already onto updating Romyn's sidegame and resources thread. Should be ready in a day or two.

Taca tried to amalgamate everything into a single google sheet a few years back, but it was a bit problematic as not everyone can, or wants to use it and different games have different requirements for what's needed when signing up. For me it just became an extra thing to have to deal with rather than something that made things easier.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

Yes, it was the Taca thing I was referring to.

User avatar
raoul
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4372
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by raoul »

BBC reporting that the player arrested for rapes has been bailed and club has not suspended them and has allowed them to travel.

So if you are scanning pre season line-ups for who is not there, no point.

Surprised. If I were a manager I wouldn't want such a distraction, although clearly innocent until proven otherwise.

Also surprised police allowing someone on bail to leave country...

User avatar
wahine
Grumpy Cat
Posts: 2837
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 07:58
FS Record: ♀️ Emojis and Stickers
used in online chats can
be held against you
in a Court of Law.😁😎😍

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by wahine »

Oxford NZ wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:38
Talkie Toaster wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:29
Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:17 Plug for the FISO cup and Divisional championships.
registration thread here
We are now up to 49 signed up for another season of Divisional and cup fun :)
S18 Qualification table link here
Fiso cup registration link here
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:51
Oxford NZ wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:50
blahblah wrote: 13 Jul 2022, 23:22 You're a human Pitbull 😂🤣😂🤣
I have yet to release the Kraken, the cup needs at least 64 ( 80 is better) and three weeks to Deadline. The Divisionals should be OK with a GW4 deadline.
😂🤣😂🤣😂
I've got 54 for mine. 8-)

Do you think we could get away with doing swapsies for those we each need, or does it not work like that? :lol: :lol:
I must admit when I see players signing up to other competitions and not the Divisionals I have considered adding them in.
Mail shots to last seasons players are a last resort that boosts the numbers.
wahine has offered help this season, and I will take up that offer to inject new energy, ideas and enthusiasm to the competition.
wahine wrote: 06 Jul 2022, 06:03 Thank you 😘 ONZ..

If I could be trained :roll: , I would be willing to help out.
:)
Be aware :twisted: If i become aware that a FPL team has been registered, and I find the ID (F4C :wink: ) you will be added the the spreadsheet, as I am sure you intended to visit FISO and join in the fun and competition and just needed a nudge in the right direction ...

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28333
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by forestfan »

raoul wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 06:29 BBC reporting that the player arrested for rapes has been bailed and club has not suspended them and has allowed them to travel.

So if you are scanning pre season line-ups for who is not there, no point.

Surprised. If I were a manager I wouldn't want such a distraction, although clearly innocent until proven otherwise.

Also surprised police allowing someone on bail to leave country...
I assumed travel only meant UK away games? Will be interesting to see if the rumoured player(s) appear in Europe, if it drags on that long.

User avatar
Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 20355
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:35
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Mav3rick »

Excellent stuff TT, and congrats to SG_8 for the title! To MS - be wary of the sticky perch you've been awarded as the landlord never did see cleaning as an expense worth paying and the scientist that last sampled fibres from the seat disappeared in very troubling circumstances.

User avatar
nemo7x
Treebeard
Posts: 134
Joined: 12 Sep 2018, 10:33

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by nemo7x »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 01:06
Oxford NZ wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:48
blahblah wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 00:41 Wasn't there somewhere that was a 1 stop registration to all FISO stuff?
Romyn or TT have done a thread with links to the FISO competitions that I will look into setting up this week if I get a chance.
I'm already onto updating Romyn's sidegame and resources thread. Should be ready in a day or two.

Taca tried to amalgamate everything into a single google sheet a few years back, but it was a bit problematic as not everyone can, or wants to use it and different games have different requirements for what's needed when signing up. For me it just became an extra thing to have to deal with rather than something that made things easier.
TT, I remember you also host a competition (last year I joined). Is it open yet?

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 06:29 BBC reporting that the player arrested for rapes has been bailed and club has not suspended them and has allowed them to travel.

So if you are scanning pre season line-ups for who is not there, no point.

Surprised. If I were a manager I wouldn't want such a distraction, although clearly innocent until proven otherwise.

Also surprised police allowing someone on bail to leave country...
Thanks.....

User avatar
forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 28333
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:27
Location: Los Pollos Hermanos
FS Record: Joint 6th TFF Wooden Spoon!

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by forestfan »

Always messy the way these things are handled. Surprised the club hasn’t “invented” an injury.

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 98684
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 12:06 Always messy the way these things are handled. Surprised the club hasn’t “invented” an injury.
Yep, although Everton just ignored Ziggy?

I believe that there have been no charges....

User avatar
Bob Newhart
FISO Knight
Posts: 10249
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:43
Contact:

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 14 Jul 2022, 13:14Everton just ignored Ziggy?
And then quietly released him.

User avatar
SirMattBugsby
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4246
Joined: 17 Nov 2017, 08:43
Location: In the house!
FS Record: TCed Kun for that Newcastle game. Nothing since..

Re: The Rounded Keeper - FPL Pub Talk & Matchday Banter 2022/23

Post by SirMattBugsby »


View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”