To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

No eff in blah

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Re: No eff in blah

Post by Bob Newhart »

From4corners wrote:Willock. Willock start?
Should have a shot with Shelvey out.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:13 Trossard never seems to score or assist when he's in my team 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I kinda like the idea of rolling with the Toon for a while 🤔🤔🤔
With the Newcastle? I would be wanting to play the Bench boost in GW 1 or 2 and quickly downgrade Wilson to a 4.5 fodder, and upgrade a midfielder?

If playing in Gw1 or 2 then JWP might not be the best pick, as to his season value he gets lots of season total points gained from just turning up rather than any sort of value imho.

What about Rashford????? :mrgreen:

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

Can you have 2 premiums and still Bench Boost? If it's only affordable with 1 then you're potentially missing out on a haul from Son/Kane/Haaland.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Blaze wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 05:43 Can you have 2 premiums and still Bench Boost? If it's only affordable with 1 then you're potentially missing out on a haul from Son/Kane/Haaland.
I can't have everyone 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

wahine wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 03:36
blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:13 Trossard never seems to score or assist when he's in my team 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I kinda like the idea of rolling with the Toon for a while 🤔🤔🤔
With the Newcastle? I would be wanting to play the Bench boost in GW 1 or 2 and quickly downgrade Wilson to a 4.5 fodder, and upgrade a midfielder?

If playing in Gw1 or 2 then JWP might not be the best pick, as to his season value he gets lots of season total points gained from just turning up rather than any sort of value imho.

What about Rashford????? :mrgreen:
Indeed to JWP and he's a gonna to DewsburyH or similar and frees up 1.5m 👏👏👏

Having watched MU Rashford, I'd rather have Martial 🤷‍♂️

In the bright light of day, I might have too many Skunks, and yes I'm looking to transfer/WC out of this Squad 👏👏👏

Blaze
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Blaze »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:28
Blaze wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 05:43 Can you have 2 premiums and still Bench Boost? If it's only affordable with 1 then you're potentially missing out on a haul from Son/Kane/Haaland.
Agreed, but do you think BB scores more than a 2nd premium? That's maybe something that gets overlooked.

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:36

In the bright light of day, I might have too many Skunks, and yes I'm looking to transfer/WC out of this Squad 👏👏👏
WK 2 or 3 :mrgreen:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 11:45
blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:36

WK 2 or 3 :mrgreen:
Far from impossible 😊😊😊

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Blaze wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 11:33
blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 10:28
Agreed, but do you think BB scores more than a 2nd premium? That's maybe something that gets overlooked.
That's kinda the point of BBing early. I see the chip as full of negatives, ie hits and stuff sorting out a Squad to play it and get out of it later in the season.. I think this way and transfer/WC out of it carries less cost.

2 Premiums would hit the bench too much?

Luxmonk
Treebeard

Post by Luxmonk »

How about keeping it for the post-World Cup gw17?

There’s some tasty fixtures there, plus there’s no crazy 48 hour turnaround before gw18 so I imagine it’ll be BAU instead of heavy squad rotation.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

BAU?

I have thought about just before the WC, as I can then get out of it painlessly, but just after could need the last WC when there are loads of GWs left.....

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 13:26BAU?
Business As Usual.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Jeepers that's shite 🙄🙄🙄

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

9.5m for 2 GK's tbd

TAA
Robbo
Dias
Perisic
Trippier

Salah
Saka
Martinelli
Almiron
Dewsbury Hall

Jesus
Wilson
Martial

I really need to sort out the App thing on the phone, as I can't log in ....... and hitting the laptop is a pain.

The main concerns for a GW or 3 are:

Having too many Skunks as they could live up to being black and white and smelly 🤔🤔🤔🤔 (My skunk's got no nose. How does it smell? Bloody awful 🤣😂🤣😂)

Is Dewsbury Hall a starter?

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:18....... and hitting the laptop is a pain.
Probably hurts the laptop more, though.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:20
blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:18....... and hitting the laptop is a pain.
Probably hurts the laptop more, though.
🤣😂🤣

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

I watched Watford vs Sheff U as part of my preseason warm up for the big KO 9n Friday and however many months of intensive study etc....

Imagine my horror to see the only goal scorer wearing a bra 😳😳😳😳

Not only that, but it wasn't even branded 😱😱😱😱😱

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:18 Is Dewsbury Hall a starter?
99.99999%

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

From4corners wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 22:41
blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 18:18 Is Dewsbury Hall a starter?
99.99999%
Excellent news 👏👏👏👏

So I dump Almiron for Bailey against Parker's rubbish Bournemouth?

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

From4corners wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:16 I also toyed with Trossard, before his hattrick. Could be a nice differential but he has always frustrated me as well when owning him. I need to learn that that shouldn't be a factor when picking a player I guess.
I've owned Trossard for exactly one week ever and he scored about 14 points for me, it was on a free hit. I must be yang to your yin. Does that mean I should pick him? :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

hancockjr wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 22:54
From4corners wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 20:16 I also toyed with Trossard, before his hattrick. Could be a nice differential but he has always frustrated me as well when owning him. I need to learn that that shouldn't be a factor when picking a player I guess.
I've owned Trossard for exactly one week ever and he scored about 14 points for me, it was on a free hit. I must be yang to your yin. Does that mean I should pick him? :D
Obviously a deep philosophical question 🤔🤔🤔

Maybe I should, if you do?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think I'm improving this lot, but I could well be trashing it with wotsits on..

This lot are a bit more risk averse with only the one double up atb with Trippier and Pope; while targeting certain fixtures\teams; and stumbling on a whack of highly owned players :shock: :shock: :shock:

Martinez
Meslier

Cash
TAA
Dias
Trippier
Perisic

Capt Salah
Saka
Martinelli
Almiron
Bailey

Darwin
Jesus
Wilson

I may WC for GW2, but then I might let them roll.......

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

Liking the Darwin differential. I suspect by GW2 he should be getting 60+ mins?

How are you feeling about the triple Ars attack? I have the same 3 and it just doesn’t feel right.
But when you look at each individually it makes sense.

Jesus - will be a bold move to go against 71+% ownership.
Martinelli - seems like the safest and highest potential in this price bracket
Saka - of all the 8.0 bracket mids he seems safest. Madison potential magpies transfer, pep roulette, Mount victim of Chelsea poor pre season.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm fine with the Arse3 and think that Saliba is a steal at 4.5m season long.

Nunes has improved every match in stamina and sharpness having played like a 40 a day smoker they dragged out of a local boozer...

I haven't looked at these for GW2, but if Bournemouth are as bad as I think they could be then I'll WC and get another Citeh or 2.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Your team is so many million miles away from my own plans I find it hard to comment Blah! But here goes…

I think if you are committed to a GW1 BB, the plan to avoid Kane/Haaland/Son/KdB is the right call. And if doing that, Darwin is probably a good shout/punt.

Despite Arsenal’s great pre-season, some have reservations about the triple-up because of their first two fixtures. For someone like me, who’s looking at the first 5-8 games before WC, that’s not a significant issue. But for your team, with an almost inevitable very early WC, are you sure you want an Arsenal triple-up? I would probably downgrade Saka, allowing (e.g.) Cancelo over Dias, or upgrading Almiron.

And have you mapped out who you would play/bench over GWs 2-3 (after BB in GW1) out of this squad? Seems like that will be critical (e.g. you wouldn’t want to start a Newcastle player in GW3). Of course, if you immediately WC in GW2, then such concerns disappear.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yeah, the WC is going to be played early, and next week is decidedly possible.

I've seen a bit if Arsenal and they are attacking ridiculously well, and if anything should have had a lot more goals. I see having the 3 of them possibly being a long term issue, and Saka hits the 8m sweet/confusing spot if one of them catches fire.

My only/main issue is the lack of Citeh coverage, but Pepatation and possibly Bilva to Barca makes it difficult to predict and may take a while to fire? I'll be keeping an eye on their other new forward as he is quite cheap?

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

The more I think about it, the more I think that - were I going for a GW1 BB - I’d first decide exactly when the WC was to be played, and build a team from there. For example, if playing it in GW2, it’s like a FH team, so why would you have 3 Arsenal players (Palace away) and only one Spurs (Southampton home)?

Just a thought…

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That's just preference I guess?

I saw the Roma draw and quite a bit of Arse, while Palace had 2 different squads pre-season.....

I'm more wobbly on Villa and Newcastle tbh but I'm not getting stressed about all 15 hitting double figures etc as it's just 1 GW. This is why I dumped Robbo and somehow got Nunes 🤣😂😂😂

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For something a bit different to help you destress in this stressful week for us all. Watch this https://www.seventeen.com/beauty/makeup ... ng-videos/

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

For anyone on Instagram I can heartedly recommend pimpleping for hours of entertainment 🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”