To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Glastonbury '22

A forum for discussion on Music topics whatever your taste.
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Glastonbury '22

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: ↑25 Jun 2022, 05:40
blahblah wrote: ↑24 Jun 2022, 18:21
jimmy ching wrote: ↑24 Jun 2022, 18:20
blahblah wrote: ↑24 Jun 2022, 18:06 Which band etc?

I can think of worse places to be stranded πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
They were very lucky. They were on an island when the covid restrictions hit and not Bangkok.
Stop it. πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

I only have so much jealousy and Raoul is in the Maldives 😀😀😀😀
And hoping to be stranded :)
Obviously and with Angelina ☺️☺️☺️

Failing that https://youtu.be/S8u5YnrEbyo are playing Glastonbury today or tomorrow.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Enjoying your almost solo Glasto commentary blah.

Keep it up.

Live music on my island is a rather disappointing Maldivian pair who seem to think they can choose anything to cover even if it is totally unsuitable...

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I was in Kenya many years ago and a great band would play the same song until they cleared the dance floor 😳😳😳

Red red wine went on for ages πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯πŸ˜₯

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Post by quizking »

BLACK MIDI on live right now! West Holts stage (red button)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Yves Tumour was something else.

😳πŸ₯΄πŸ˜‚πŸ€”β˜ΊοΈ just about covers the compulsive viewing, apart from a distinct possibility that time stood still while it happened.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I think I've recovered from Yves. I don't think I've ever had a hangover disappear from watching anything before πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I have never seen or heard anything quite like him/them before, and I doubt at least one of the Security Guards will ever forget it πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Macca to open with Back in the USSR?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

blahblah wrote: ↑25 Jun 2022, 18:34 I think I've recovered from Yves. I don't think I've ever had a hangover disappear from watching anything before πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”πŸ€”

I have never seen or heard anything quite like him/them before, and I doubt at least one of the Security Guards will ever forget it πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
This one?...[youtube]https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=QAJc1 ... ture=share[/youtube]

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

[youtube]https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpc40 ... ture=share[/youtube]The audience loved this one.... so did I

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Had a busy few days so got loads to catch up on now.

Primal Scream, JAMC, Big Thief, Beabadoobie, Yunglud, Yves Tumor, Jamie T, IDLES, St Vincent, AJ Tracey, Joy Crookes, Celeste, Phoebe Bridgers, Arlo Parks, Sleaford Mods, Greentea Peng, Seun Kuti and Bonobo all on the 'must watch' list

Will probably watch Macca and Noel, and probably Billie Eilish, and then whoever's on today. Fontaines DC and the Waterboys are playing I think, and Jack White is rumoured to be playing as well.

Pretty sure Arooj Aftab was supposed to be playing but can't see her on iPlayer

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

and I've just seen Wolf Alice played on Friday. Definitely watch that - they're awesome. Way too much to watch!!

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Watching Big Thief now. Adrienne Lenker sounds exactly the same live as on the records. Great voice :-)

She's not bad on the guitar either

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

unc.si. wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 12:54 Watching Big Thief now. Adrienne Lenker sounds exactly the same live as on the records. Great voice :-)

She's not bad on the guitar either
So BBC UTube not far behind now?. Its after midnight, and i can't leave it alone.

Big thief was πŸ₯°

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I couldn't find any coverage of the acoustic stage, so no Waterboys 😭😭😭

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

No - seems to be quite a few missing. Pity about the Waterboys (and Arooj Aftab's not on there either, which is a shame).

Just tried to watch JAMC but it was just weird. They've got old :-) Just not the same as on a tiny stage at the Powerhouse or Rock City with feedback making your sweaty t shirt vibrate and William pushing Jim off stage and kicking the drums over.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Drums is another thing: they only needed the one drum when I saw them.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Just spotted that Dry Cleaning played. New Long Leg was one of my favourite albums of the year when it came out a couple of years ago. New album out soon I think

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 13:50 Drums is another thing: they only needed the one drum when I saw them.
Yeah - drummer standing up just bashing the shit out of 2 drums. Pretty sure it was just the 2 of them and a drum machine when I saw them a couple of years later. I don't think anyone could stand being in a band with them for long :-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Surprise Act on Peel Stage very soon.

Strange name for a band, but I can see how it works... never heard of them....

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Dry Cleaning are great. Probably a bit strange if you're not already familiar with their music though :-)

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 14:02
blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 13:50 Drums is another thing: they only needed the one drum when I saw them.
Yeah - drummer standing up just bashing the shit out of 2 drums. Pretty sure it was just the 2 of them and a drum machine when I saw them a couple of years later. I don't think anyone could stand being in a band with them for long :-)
Bobby Gillespie was the one drum drummer....

Shame he didn't do a song or 2 the other night πŸ˜₯

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 14:03 Dry Cleaning are great. Probably a bit strange if you're not already familiar with their music though :-)
They are on my to watch later list as I only caught a tune or 2 live.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 14:04
unc.si. wrote: ↑26 Jun 2022, 14:02
Bobby Gillespie was the one drum drummer....

Shame he didn't do a song or 2 the other night πŸ˜₯
Missed the 1986 gig after getting knocked out a few days before. Missed another JAMC gig in 1988 or 89 (and Glastonbury that year as well) due to dislocating my shoulder. Saw them in 1987, possibly twice in the same year but they were a bit of a jinx for me.

Bobby Gillespie had left by the time I saw them in 1987 I think

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Watching Wet Leg at the moment. Still not sure how much I 'like' them. All the ingredients are there but it just doesn't grab me. Elements of The Pixies (and many others!) but like most new bands people rave about I know I would enjoy just chucking Surfer Rosa (or similar) on instead of listening to their album.

I must be getting old.... like JAMC and Crowded House. But not as old as Paul McCartney or Diana Ross!

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I'm similar in that modern new acts need to be a bit different, as so much has gone before....

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I take it Macca's not allowing his set to be shown on iPlayer?

Apparently Dave Grohl joined him on stage at one point. I've been listening to his book (audiobook) and he's known McCartney for years. Its a great book actually - the storyteller, made even better hearing it read by the guy that wrote it rather than a random person employed to make audiobooks

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Are the BBC showing it on TV?

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

It was on last night from 10.30 but not on iPlayer yet

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I thought they might be broadcasting it this afternoon for the pre-school kids to watch it.

If there hadn't been punk, or Iggy and MC5 then Amyl and the Sniffers would be better than Hole without the class etc

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Not just Grohl but Springsteen and, err, Lennon too. Not a bad guest list.

Lennon was a recording though....

Lots of folks moaned that it wasn't on live last night then others moaning that he should have retired gracefully years ago! Now you lot all moaning it isn't on iPlayer!

----------

When I first heard Amyl & the Sniffers I just assumed they were a minor band from c.78 that I had never heard of. They are pretty good though!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œMusic”