To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

fanteam FIRST HALF season game 22/23

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

fanteam FIRST HALF season game 22/23

Post by quizking »

Well this was unexpected - only just gone live so not totally sure of details as yet, will become clearer later, but appears to be a mix of rules form the standard season long game, and last term's second half game (players on bench included, but can carry transfers forward). Assume that this will be as well as and not instead of the full season game, but even that's not clear yet. Also assume for now that player prices will be the same for this game and the full season. more to come once we've had a full perusal of rules and terms.
Anyway, £17 in, £170000 prizepool.
And forewarned as mentioned elsewhere, fanteam have had problems with share price.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man
Location: quizking towers, primrose hill; and running the shop at https://www.quizking.net/

Re: fanteam FIRST HALF season game 22/23

Post by quizking »

Other early points of note - no obvious point scoring changes. Haaland most expensive striker at 12.0, Salah still as a midfielder, most expensive player at 12.5

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I don't quite follow how "discord" works, so am not sure amongst those discussing this new game who is a punter and who is actually representing the compnay - but it seems as though this half season format is INSTEAD of, not as well as a full season game. So a much smaller pot than last term, max ten teams per player as well. Already a couple of commentators saying they will be looking elsewhere. My whelm is undered too.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Makes sense if their long-term future is not secure, I'd rather this than the full season game getting cancelled early next year if they continue to have financial problems.

Zidane
FISOhead

Post by Zidane »

The prize money for this game is pathetic. It's bordering on Dream Team levels which is at least free compared to Fanteam's £17 entry fee. This should be a side game at best.

Fanteam are shooting themselves in the foot by limiting the amount of teams to 10 per entrant. The main attraction to this game is the impressive prize pot, which they'll not be able to provide which such a low amount of entrants. Cheating twits will find ways around the 10 team limit anyway, so what's the point?

I was excited and looking forward to the new season.. Key word being was.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

It's because Piggy won over half of the prize pool in the seasonal game last season. They have more chance of keeping punters on the site if more people win a bit of money rather than one guy walking off with most of the prize pool. So I can see why they've reduced the prize pool and limited the amount of entries from a business point of view. It's a shame the life changing money is now gone, but I would rather Fanteam sticks around in the future.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

I can see both sides; one thing I find annoying is the pathetic spin in advance -saying we're "excited" to show the new game, then it turns out to be less than half as long, and with less than 20% of previous prize pot (although it might increase). And rake is 17%.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

That's a very high rake - I hope they've applied such a rake out of necessity for survival of the business rather than greed.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

It going to be a strange season with the World Cup in the middle of the Premier League, when I first read this thread my initial thought was a marketing strategy to rope as many into this first announced game, then present the whole season game? and, of course, a second part season game.

Obviously with a reason to visit the site all year round, punters can bombarded with the multitude of mini game gambling opportunities.

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Rules have now been posted (on the "support" pages) with their supposed justification for only running a half season game, and limiting entries to ten per player.
No indication as yet as to how / when / if player prices will change. Clarification required.

And it's a 17% rake.

Ottershaw
Wideboy
FS Record: Daily Mirror Manager of the Month.Telegraph European Champion 2012

Post by Ottershaw »

I think it's a good idea just to run a half season game x 2 with a World Cup game in between.
You don't want to be leaving your Premier teams stagnant while the W/C is on and then worrying about injured players coming back from the World Cup.
When the first game finishes you go straight into the World Cup game then return for the 2nd half season game.
Any money won from the first half game some can be invested in the World Cup game and 2nd half game.
Then all being well the full season game returns for the 23/24 season with more entries and a bigger pot .

quizking
Grumpy Old Man

Post by quizking »

Socials post now saying there will be a season long game as well, launch today. I detect some backtracking after lots of negative comments - no sign yet as to the entry fee or prize pot level though.

Ottershaw
Wideboy
FS Record: Daily Mirror Manager of the Month.Telegraph European Champion 2012

Post by Ottershaw »

quizking wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 10:48 Socials post now saying there will be a season long game as well, launch today. I detect some backtracking after lots of negative comments - no sign yet as to the entry fee or prize pot level though.
It's going to be a busy year. Glad the games are coming back now though.
I like to concentrate on building my teams one game site at a time and then it just leaves you to do a bit of tweaking on deadline day.

7 Sites. Fanteam, DreamSport, Sun, Telegraph, Sky, FPL, Sportito

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

They’re all dwindling. Very disappointed in the two competitions. Reckon the sun game will have a shit prize pool too with the World Cup taking priority like it did when they offered out 100k top prize in 2018.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

very hard to find proper basement bargains to fill the bench this year

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

I'm currently thinking 4.0 defender as a few of the 5.0 strikers could start.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Post by RickyRosa »

TBH lads, I think the bargain basement is easier then it’s ever been…

Obv, would be remiss of me to divulge my team as we’re all in it to win it, but seriously, I have a super strong team imop.

Currently in the £4.50 game, £45 game and have one £17 half season…think that’s enough for me…maybe one more £17 if I can’t decide on final team formats but any more and I know I will just end up abandoning the teams like I did last two seasons..wrote £500 off last year….

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

The big money appears to be in the 1st half game and it's over in November so might just make a big effort for this and sack off the full season game with its poorer prizes and extra effort being required.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

will either enter 5 or 10 teams, I think it's probably more important to enter more teams in a short format as it will concentrate minds more whereas across a season it can become more difficult for many to keep up with it for all sorts of eternal reasons. Wonder what the World Cup game will look like in terms of the Main prize.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 07:06 The big money appears to be in the 1st half game and it's over in November so might just make a big effort for this and sack off the full season game with its poorer prizes and extra effort being required.
You can just link the full season game teams to the short season game team for no effort if that helps mate. Then if it goes well you can manage it properly later on.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

I wonder if they pull the half season game.... Cannot see them going into the year with a big overlay knowing the precarious state of finances... Their marketing on the football seems to have slowed via twitter.... Whether this is becayse they are no longer paying shills for tweets i dont know.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

It's a car crash. Entries for the season long actually not going that bad given it's unique entries.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 13:20
BLOCKHEAD wrote: 23 Jul 2022, 07:06 The big money appears to be in the 1st half game and it's over in November so might just make a big effort for this and sack off the full season game with its poorer prizes and extra effort being required.
You can just link the full season game teams to the short season game team for no effort if that helps mate. Then if it goes well you can manage it properly later on.
I think both games have different optimal strategies though. Need to be more aggressive in 1st half game doubling up (maybe even tripling up) on defences. For full season game you just play solid throughout and don't need to take the risk going all-in on one defence early on.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

But if it comes off then you have the jump on the field playing solid ;)

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

:|
CBN wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 18:20 But if it comes off then you have the jump on the field playing solid ;)
Doing well in the full season game would just annoy me knowing that I could have been rewarded with life changing money for a similar finish in previous seasons. I know far less entries this time around, but it would still annoy me.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Yeah I feel a bit the same. Nice problem to have though :mrgreen:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote: 24 Jul 2022, 13:20
I just entered two identical teams into first half game and it didn't link them like it used to.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

You cannot link within same game (design choice...) but you can cross game.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

10 unique teams it is then :D

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

95% of Average currently on 46 and I’m expecting it to be 55 by the end of today. Top score at the moment of 90 isn’t looking like will be taken over by much and bottom score likely to go upto 30 max I reckon. Hope I’m right as I’ll feel a bit miffed if most my teams are below the 95% of average entry for second week. ☹️

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”