To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The 21/22 Trap of the Season Awards

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

Who was the biggest FPL trap in the 21/22 season?

Antonio
13%
Bruno Fernandes
8%
James
18%
Lukaku
43%
Shaw
3%
Kane
5%
Aubameyang
8%
Grealish
5%

Total votes: 40

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

The 21/22 Trap of the Season Awards

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Welcome to the very first "FPL Trap of the Season" awards. The nominees have been included in the poll and I include a short description of each trap to help you decide with your vote.

Antonio - Hot streak to start the season with many thinking he would be able to keep up these numbers throughout the season. In reality, he barely scored a goal after GW7.

Bruno Fernandes - An opening day hat-trick against Leeds and many thought he would be in for another monstrous points total this season. Ended up playing 2nd fiddle to Ronaldo soon after and missed pens when given the opportunity. A disastrous pick for that price tag.

James - A few big points totals early in the season with 21 pointer against Newcastle a standout when few owned him. Quickly turned into "binary man" once the masses brought him in and punished them with plenty of 0 and 1 pointers. Injured soon after.

Lukaku - Many tipped him for the goldenboot. Barely scored a goal - a disastrous waste of money both in FPL and in real life.

Shaw - Everyone seemed to be on him at the beginning of the season. Never kept cleansheets, no attacking returns and loved a booking.

Kane - Thought to be a reliable and guaranteed source of points, but barely scored in the 1st half of the season. So a massive trap to anyone who had faith in him for the 1st half of the season.

Aubameyang - Another premium striker who never performed and was shipped out of the club in January.

Grealish - Expected to get lots of goal contributions playing with the exceptional attacking talent at City. Spent most of his time warming the bench after being given a chance in the first several games of the season with only a goal against the terrible Norwich to show for it.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Re: The 21/22 Trap of the Season Awards

Post by Sutter Kane »

JAMES!!

Got him in when 'no-one' had him in GW5 WC. Got 1 point and immediately injured with no return date, so I sold him. All the WCs in GW7/8 hit over 50 points in 4 weeks. I then had a spare transfer and got him (and tripled on the Che def), when he was pretty awful for a long time. Sold him before WCCup. Didn't get him for GW28 as he came back from injury so was sure he wouldn't play so many matches in a row - he didn't - but one was enough, 18 points of course. Then I got him in 3 weeks later. He was awful again. Never got him back. He punishes me again in the final 2 GWs. Biggest troll I can remember. (though Soucek comes close, weaving between braces on my bench and red cards in the XI). I estimate he has cost me about 90 points including the unwanted transfers in/out; it's one of those players who has unpredictable streaks of either insane overperformance or unfathomable underperformance. I hate those players. Give me vanilla JWP all day... :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Grealish: 3 Goals and 3 Assists need I type more?

Moon Knight
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Moon Knight »

Surely Grealish at City was the very opposite of a trap?

Anybody paying attention would know that almost all new signings at City take a season to bed in.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I didn't have him, but he's in my thoughts for next season for the "bounce".

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

FISO these days ImageImage

This thread has been going 12 hours and nobody has referenced this thread:
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic? ... source=app

(Hope that link works outside tapatalk)

thebillfella
FISO Knight
FS Record: 6th FPL 19/20; 1st TFF StartXI 14/15; 8th TFFE11; 18th TFFE12; 1st FISO TFFE11&12; 1st FISO Full Draft 12/13,14/15,19/20,20/21; 1st Block14/15; 1st 5ASChampLge 12/13; 1st TFF Super614/15; 1st Spring17; 1st FISO Div Premx6, Cup, Mirror,Prem&H2H Champ 19/20

Post by thebillfella »

Is this thread the most ironic trap of the season?!

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Lukaku... the touch of a rapist, the turning circle of an oil tanker and the footballing intelligence of a fence post.

Antonio... a battering ram with the impact of a wet newspaper.

Grealish... seem to remember someone describing him as a moron in need of a haircut (or something similar). Hard to disagree.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

A bit harsh on Chelski's top scorer, who therefore deserved more starts? (And some wingers in a 343 😉)

Antonio is a notorious streak scorer, so it is only the managers who mistime buying him - and blah who loathes WHam and Moyes and Antonio....

Mo Bot
Dumbledore
FS Record: Inaugural Last Man Standing. FISO Fantasy Eurovision champ 2012. World #1 in UFPL for a whole week

Post by Mo Bot »

Foden , Madison, TAA, Dennis Lacazette, Lowton and Toney all trolled me but nothing compares to the Michael Keane rollercoaster

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

You want sympathy for having an Everton defender?

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

It looks like a comfortable victory for the big lazy lump and it seems likely that he will be returning to Inter to offer relief to those he tormented this season.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Kane and Lukaku for me early doors I had a feeling it wasn’t gonna go well for Lukaku so got out of that one quick.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

BLOCKHEAD wrote: 02 Jun 2022, 15:09It looks like a comfortable victory for the big lazy lump and it seems likely that he will be returning to Inter to offer relief to those he tormented this season.
Another vote from me.

Tonski21
Wideboy

Post by Tonski21 »

King and Dennis deserve a mention on this thread. My personal troll was Tierney, seemed to own him for a large proportion of the season but missed all of his point and then he was constantly injured or on the bench

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Tierney's seemingly random issues were very annoying, bit Watford fwds as traps? I don't think so.

EastvilleIMP
Treebeard

Post by EastvilleIMP »

Lukaku for me.. James a close second!

SteveieB123
Red & Blue Braces

Post by SteveieB123 »

Barely owned any of these this season so came down to Antonio or James. Had Ant for his early form and didn't keep as long as some others in my ML so he gets the pass and James gets it by default as he was a huge let down in the last few weeks.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

Post by itslikebrandnew »

Toss up between Dennis and Lukaku. Dennis because of that double gameweek where i think he got sent off and then suspended so captaining that week was a complete write off and Lukaku because he trapped me into a team of 3 premiums right at the start of the game which was alot harder trap to get out of than dennis for 1 game week.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

New thread coming soon on potential traps for the the 22/23 season. Stay tuned.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”