To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FH33

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

FH33

Post by Resonare »

It's time to brainstorm our teams to try get an edge, who else is in? :)

I'm currently working around this template:

DDG
Gabriel Schar
Fernandes Maddison Saka Cornet
Ronaldo

DDG + DEF seems sure enough to outscore any GK from that defender's team + Maguire and not many will have him. I don't think it's too unlikely that he keeps a CS vs Norwich and racks up the saves against Liverpool based on how many chances we missed vs Benfica. Gabriel seems a nailed option as well to cover Ramsdale while providing a bit of attacking threat, and Schar seems to be the best defensive pick outside of United, Arsenal and Leicester.

In terms of attack, Cornet looks a solid FH differential against a small West Ham squad that's still in Europe and against Southampton at home, while Ronaldo, Fernandes, Saka and Maddison pick themselves for now.

It seems a good idea to avoid the FA cup semi-finalists considering injury/rotation. The only SGW teams that really appeal are Spurs and Brentford. I think Doherty and another Leicester attacker will end up in my team with the last attacking spot going to a Spurs, Arsenal or possibly another Leicester attacker, so currently I'm on:

DDG [Forster]
Gabriel Doherty Schar [Walker-Peters Bednerek]
Fernandes Maddison Saka Barnes Cornet
Kane Ronaldo [Wood]

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Re: FH33

Post by Bob Newhart »

You really don't want any United rubbish. DeGea is madness. Liverpool could put 12 past us at Anflid.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I'll settle for 10-0 πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Why 33 over 36?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

blahblah wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 14:52 Why 33 over 36?
I've got 2 FHs and a BB so I plan to FH33/BB36/FH37.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Resonare wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 16:53
Ah....

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Resonare »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 14:46 You really don't want any United rubbish. DeGea is madness. Liverpool could put 12 past us at Anflid.
Long-term I don't but for the double I think they're worth the punt for the Norwich game.
blahblah wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 16:53
Resonare wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 16:53
Ah....
Yeah I have no real choice but to FH33 with 2 left and the BB not to mention having 2x Villa and 2x Wolves in my team to boot :lol:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I thought I was missing a piece of genius 🀦🀦🀦

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Is it really worth considering ManU and Arsenal players for the dgw 33? I have got Bruno and Saka ... and two free transfers. :roll:

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Lucky wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 20:04Is it really worth considering ManU and Arsenal players for the dgw 33? I have got Bruno and Saka ... and two free transfers. :roll:
Arsenal players, maybe, United players, not until the 23/24 season, and maybe not even then.

SimonS
Treebeard

Post by SimonS »

Have also got 2 x FH left ....so really have to commit to FH33.

Will probably go with 4 SGW players though, and play 4-5-1 as follows

Schmeichel, (fodder)
Laporte (SGW), Targett, White, Roberts (Bednarek)
Salah (SGW), Son (SGW), Fernandes, Barnes, Cornet
Kane (SGW), (Broja), (fodder)

Managed to shoe-horn in 4 heavy hitters, plus Laporte
There is an element of covering off the downside risk, whilst hopefully making a modest gain against the pack

gray821
Treebeard

Post by gray821 »

I’m struggling to decide on this. I have WC and FH left. With my current team I have 12 for GW33 (although1 is Doherty), 4 of which are doublers (Sanchez, White, Saka and Lacazette).

I was expecting to FH this week but my team looks ok. If I did FH I would bring in Newcastle, Man U and maybe a couple of SGW MC.

Current squad
Sanchez, Sa
TAA, Cancelo, Doherty, Kilman, White
Salah, Son, Kulu, Saka, Ramsey
Lacazette, DCL, Toney

Also of note I’ve had a mediocre season, but staging a fightback in my mini leagues (around 70 points off top but those above me have less tools left).

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

gray821 wrote:I’ve had a mediocre season, but staging a fightback in my mini leagues (around 70 points off top but those above me have less tools left).
Buy a few Man United and you definitely won't be short of tools.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ BN

I planned for the FHit this week, not taking into account how bad :( Arsenal and Manchester United now are :( .
and over this GW all but :? decided not to go ahead with FH 33##, but.

I have prepared for GW36 with the premium teams, and I don't want to play Free Hit in the same week as everyone else (Twitters etc :mrgreen:) because there is no ground to be made by playing with the herd, so I have not pushed the button yet but now very likely I will have 22 players this coming GW (that's at least 11 extra points :mrgreen: )

Hopefully wahine, and all the GW33 Free hitters can devise a plan to take some giant steps forward. :D

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

SimonS wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 21:09 Have also got 2 x FH left ....so really have to commit to FH33.

Schmeichel, (fodder)

There is an element of covering off the downside risk, whilst hopefully making a modest gain against the pack
I think if you Free hit, you need 11 doublers :?
I know we don't want to let go of Salah, Son and Kane :( but I would go the opposite to you and Keep Taa and Cancelo (If I decide to keep any single GW players -that would be those two :roll: and they would probably be on the bench as great emergencies :)

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 14:46 You really don't want any United rubbish. DeGea is madness. Liverpool could put 12 past us at Anflid.
Your'e scaring me :roll: (12!) How many saves :mrgreen:

Archy
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Maybe all is not lost after all

Post by Archy »

Not at all inspired by this DGW, but have multiple chips left so FH active for me.

Here is my first stab at a team full of DGW players:

DDG / Schmeichel / Dubravka (not sure which yet)
Schor KWP Gabriel
Fernandes Maddison JWP Saka
Ronaldo (c) Lacazette Wood

I may well play Son as a SGW pick instead of JWP. And maybe Cancelo instead of KWP.

Or go all in for the DGW and hide behind the sofa when Spurs and Man City play their home games v Brighton
Last edited by Archy on 11 Apr 2022, 08:25, edited 1 time in total.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

wahine wrote: ↑11 Apr 2022, 06:17
Your'e scaring me :roll: (12!) How many saves :mrgreen:
Anflid :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Final score will probably be something like Liverpool 4 or 5 and Man United a donut with DDG making a couple of saves.

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

I pulled the trigger on my FH a bit prematurely and regret it but I had 2 FHs left so my hand was forced. Lingering around 179k OR so wanting to cover some ground.

Current draft, 1.1ITB and SGW in *:

Dubravka / (Pickford)* (to be updated)
Cancelo* / Laporte* / Schar / (White) / (Amartey)
Son* / Fernandes / Barnes / Saka / (Cornet)
Adams / Wood / Kane*

Thoughts:
- I know I don't need Pickford, might just throw in DDG there
- Probably play a 3-4-3 but unsure who to bench in midfield -> probably Cornet
- Unimpressed with the DGW teams, not too interested in forcing too many of them into my team
- Will probably double up on NEW defence as a high risk/high reward play; their home form over last 6 games is #2 in the league (LEI is #19 and CRY is #7 for away form over those last 6 games)
- Happy to double up on MCI defence vs BRI
- Severely underwhelmed by MUN performances, I reluctantly included Fernandes
- Went for Adams over Lacazette as the latter has been playing quite poorly (zero shots vs BRI)
- Not sure if Son and Kane together are worth it, maybe get a KDB or Jota in
- Been getting green arrows but have Barnes/Kane over Maddison/Son which has burned me; Maddison vs Barnes, complete coin toss

I think DGW assets might be a trap but it's also my first full season after a few years and wondering what I might be missing here.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

As bad as Man U usually are, I think 99% of FHs will have Fernandes. Man U are playing like a mid-table outfit, if not slightly worse, but they are playing Norwich, so there should be goals in this game. I'm not FH'ing, but if I was, I'd probably go Sancho as well. Any of the Leicester mids could be rotated with 2 away games, so I'm not keen on them at all. Newcastle however, is a triple up surely. I also think it's a good time to consider a Man C attacker you think will start...

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Sutter Kane wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 09:51Man U ... are playing Norwich, so there should be goals in this game.
Yeah, for Norwich :roll:

iamkiko
Wideboy

Post by iamkiko »

Sutter Kane wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 09:51 As bad as Man U usually are, I think 99% of FHs will have Fernandes. Man U are playing like a mid-table outfit, if not slightly worse, but they are playing Norwich, so there should be goals in this game. I'm not FH'ing, but if I was, I'd probably go Sancho as well. Any of the Leicester mids could be rotated with 2 away games, so I'm not keen on them at all. Newcastle however, is a triple up surely. I also think it's a good time to consider a Man C attacker you think will start...
Yes, had Sancho in my initial draft, might reinstate. As a United fan though, we are looking horrible. NOR @ home should be a lock but (a) a win is not guaranteed and (b) if a win, I doubt we score more than 2 goals. The psychology and cohesion is gone, we lack creativity to create and physicality to impose ourselves on any game.

LEI rotation is a nightmare too. As for MCI attacker, I would probably go Foden but that's also a coin toss.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 09:58
Sutter Kane wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 09:51Man U ... are playing Norwich, so there should be goals in this game.
To be fair, Pickford had a worldy game vs Man U. Man U should have scored early on in that game. As soon as that deflected effort went in, the game was effectively over so I see where you guys are coming from, in terms of United running out of ideas, or impetus.

However vs Norwich, I don't share the despair about Man U, unless one is attempting to compare this Man U to a previous iteration of the club. They are usually rubbish but not as rubbish as Burnley, Watford or Norwich.

fred1266
Dumbledore
FS Record: EFCL Fantasy League & Jurassic League Winner 11/12, EFCL Fantasy League Winner 13/14. EFCL, FISO 5AS The Kangals, Jurassic League, 3DM PRINTERS TT & Trini Gunners Winner 14/15

Post by fred1266 »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑12 Apr 2022, 09:58
lol

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

wahine wrote: ↑11 Apr 2022, 06:11
SimonS wrote: ↑09 Apr 2022, 21:09 Have also got 2 x FH left ....so really have to commit to FH33.

Schmeichel, (fodder)

I know we don't want to let go of Salah, Son and Kane :( but I would go the opposite to you and Keep Taa and Cancelo (If I decide to keep any single GW players -that would be those two :roll: and they would probably be on the bench as great emergencies :)
Now I am coming around to your way of thinking SimonS :wink: ( I have to have Son in my team :evil: ) and Kane...

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

wahine wrote: ↑13 Apr 2022, 02:38

Schmeichel, (fodder)

Now I am coming around to your way of thinking SimonS :wink: ( I have to have Son in my team :evil: ) and Kane...
Even in this week Son and Kane could do better than most other players.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

Magic wrote: ↑13 Apr 2022, 07:39
wahine wrote: ↑13 Apr 2022, 02:38

Schmeichel, (fodder)

Even in this week Son and Kane could do better than most other players.
I hope so :wink:

Geoffv
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 301st overall FPL 2013-14

Post by Geoffv »

Im not convinced about Cornet - he has not been the same since he came back from AFCON (scored 9 points in 5 games apart from that Everton 12 pointer) but he's the best Burnley mid option by far.

SimonS
Treebeard

Post by SimonS »

Interesting discussion, wahine on safety versus risk for FH33

As an exercise, I put together the most risk-free side possible, and came up with a 5-4-1 as follows

Dubrakva
TAA, Cancelo, Telles, Schar, White
Salah, Son, Sancho, Saka
Kane

This team has the following variance to gain on the pack
the five SGW big hitters (versus average of 3.5 in Top 10k sides)
Double Newcastle defence
Two Man Utd (Telles and Sancho)

This then gives you a framework to add risk into the team.
What am I prepared to sacrifice to
upgrade Sancho to Fernandes
add either Adams or Wood
add Barnes and/or Maddison
add Ronaldo
change keeper to DDG, Schmeichel etc

I am excluding the serial disappointers of JWP, Weghorst, Cornet etc who I don't really want to go near

I will probably add some risk back into that team, but am still likely to err on the side of safety

wahine
Grumpy Cat
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Rate This Team?
The Leicester midfield spots ?
Screenshot_20220414-052243.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”