To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Chelsea General Discussion 23/24

A forum for discussion on Football matters not involving fantasy issues.
murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Chelsea post-Abramovich

Post by murf »

blahblah wrote:I guess that they can't charge for Prawn sandwiches ImageImageImage
Pre-paid hospitality packages served by pre-sanction employed staff?

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

murf wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 11:18
blahblah wrote:I guess that they can't charge for Prawn sandwiches ImageImageImage
Pre-paid hospitality packages served by pre-sanction employed staff?
Yes they should get fed and pissed, but it appears nothing can be sold/bought...

I assume they actually have the actual cash to pay players and the other staff and travel etc.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

forestfan wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 09:32… fire sale of players in the summer then?
Not sure they'd even be allowed to 'do business'. So no sales, and no purchases.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

No renewed contracts 🤔

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

They might have to travel to away European fixtures by Ryanair or bus :lol:

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

forestfan wrote:They might have to travel to away European fixtures by Ryanair or bus Image
Do Ryanair or Squeezyjet fly to Lille?

FA Cup semi/final tickets???? Half empty Wembley? Be like a Citeh or Arsenal game....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

murf wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 12:40
forestfan wrote:They might have to travel to away European fixtures by Ryanair or bus Image
Do Ryanair or Squeezyjet fly to Lille?

FA Cup semi/final tickets???? Half empty Wembley? Be like a Citeh or Arsenal game....
I guess they just give the Forest supporters the full allocation… it’s been a 30-year wait after all ;)

Could be an issue of whether they can sell tickets at all if competition rules require revenue-sharing though?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Apparently they can still sell “refreshments”, so no half-time stampede to pubs and burger vans outside the ground…

Administration being talked of as a possibility, would cost them 9 points either this season or next but could allow a “clean break” sale I guess.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Apparently: Chelsea can be bought if RA can prove that he does not get any cash, and he can chose who buys it. I've avoided the word sale because of the lack of cash, but it's fair to say that my £2.50 bid won't get close 😂🤣

This could be a bit more complicated than proving he doesn't get any cash, which sounds a tad difficult. How do the Govt know that a whack of cash doesn't go to a Cayman Island's account? How does it know that he hasn't sold the 1.5bn to a Company for 3bn, and that company gets paid the 3bn?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:29 Apparently: Chelsea can be bought if RA can prove that he does not get any cash, and he can chose who buys it. I've avoided the word sale because of the lack of cash, but it's fair to say that my £2.50 bid won't get close 😂🤣

This could be a bit more complicated than proving he doesn't get any cash, which sounds a tad difficult. How do the Govt know that a whack of cash doesn't go to a Cayman Island's account? How does it know that he hasn't sold the 1.5bn to a Company for 3bn, and that company gets paid the 3bn?
Exactly, that’s why I guess administration might be cleaner as it takes away his personal interest or any control he might have over it straight away…

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:30
blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:29 Apparently: Chelsea can be bought if RA can prove that he does not get any cash, and he can chose who buys it. I've avoided the word sale because of the lack of cash, but it's fair to say that my £2.50 bid won't get close 😂🤣

Exactly, that’s why I guess administration might be cleaner as it takes away his personal interest or any control he might have over it straight away…
But, too simple I fear.

Freezing does not mean taking ie I expect unfreezing after a period of time so just as his money unfrozen accounts is still there so is Chelsea and his properties?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:38
forestfan wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:30

But, too simple I fear.

Freezing does not mean taking ie I expect unfreezing after a period of time so just as his money unfrozen accounts is still there so is Chelsea and his properties?
But if it was no longer a going concern without his input/due to the restrictions imposed, it would become worthless over time, unlike cash and properties.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Exactly why I think this Govt is out of its depth 🤦

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 15:50I think this Govt is out of its depth 🤦
Boris Johnson is running it. What do you expect?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 16:20
The managing of COVID has been compared to Dad's Army 😂🤣😂🤣

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 16:25
More like Benny Hill, I'd say. Albeit without the 'comic element'.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 16:26
blahblah wrote: 10 Mar 2022, 16:25
More like Benny Hill, I'd say. Albeit without the 'comic element'.
Keystone Cops?

This fiasco is going to be very visible and if we're lucky thousands dressed in blue are going to storm Westminster 👏👏👏👏

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Hadn’t even realised Chelsea were playing Norwich this week when I recalled the Roman-Delia exchange :shock:

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60738126

1, How long until it is discovered that Roman has got a fair whack of cash from the buyers?

2, What happens to Chekski when it is discovered? Sweet FA, obviously.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Apparently the Cubs lot gave Trump cash for his campaigns and another lot are claiming that makes them unfit ....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 19:34 Apparently the Cubs lot gave Trump cash for his campaigns and another lot are claiming that makes them unfit ....
Well, secondary to the fact that the father (not directly involved now) made a series of racist and Islamophobic emails some years ago. Seems one of the sons is a Trumpite and the daughter a Democrat. They sound remarkably similar to the fictional Roys from Succession!

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

forestfan wrote:
blahblah wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 19:34 Apparently the Cubs lot gave Trump cash for his campaigns and another lot are claiming that makes them unfit ....
Well, secondary to the fact that the father (not directly involved now) made a series of racist and Islamophobic emails some years ago. Seems one of the sons is a Trumpite and the daughter a Democrat. They sound remarkably similar to the fictional Roys from Succession!
Sounds like Glazers MKII.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Bob Newhart wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 20:20
forestfan wrote:
All these American super-rich business families seem to be very similar. Succession was seemingly inspired by the Murdochs with a dash of the Trumps thrown in.

Magic
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Improving

Post by Magic »

forestfan wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 20:24
Bob Newhart wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 20:20
forestfan wrote:
All these American super-rich business families seem to be very similar. Succession was seemingly inspired by the Murdochs with a dash of the Trumps thrown in.
Generally horrible for th4e clubs that they poach. Liverpool's owners seem less bad than the others. Man United and Arsenal fans must have felt like vomiting seeing their absentee uncaring owners posing with the Superbowl trophy smiling like Cheshire cats the last two years.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Saw a headline “Kim engages Chelsea fans over takeover bid”.

Wasn’t sure if it was Kardashian or Jong-Un, either would be plausible given how crazy this is…

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: 25 Mar 2022, 11:11 Saw a headline “Kim engages Chelsea fans over takeover bid”.

Wasn’t sure if it was Kardashian or Jong-Un, either would be plausible given how crazy this is…
Both would be rather awesome?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

If the War is over before Chelsea are sold will Roman keep it?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

I don’t expect sanctions will be substantially removed for some time.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It wouldn't surprise me if he manages to keep it.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Football Talk & Events”