To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Gambit's Not Today FPL Blog

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Gambit's Not Today FPL Blog

Post by Gambit »

Smurphy Paw wrote: 20 May 2022, 20:55 A great game week for you.
For GW38 there’s no need for the -8. A hit for a defender in a one week punt demands of them a clean sheet to break even; plus an attacking return to be in profit.
thanks, very good week for you too.

You are right of course about the -8 on the last day, and I may just stick with the -4. Just looking at the shiny new toys and wanting to have some fun. I can genuinely see some big scores this week, at least a couple of thrashings :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Had a look last night and realised i can get to Vardy and Toney.

Pickford
TAA / James / Castagne / Davies
Son / Saka / Maddison
Kane / Vardy / Toney

Really like the look of that, means i miss out on Mount but the comments from Tuchel about playing his squad players makes me think that Chelsea may not score as heavily as i originally thought.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Have made the moves for Vardy and Toney, (Vardy starts according to latest news).

Thinking of doing Coutinho for Zaha or Eriksen due to the new James isnt playing.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore
FS Record: Top 300 in all-time FPL rankings

Post by Hogmeister »

Well, you got 80 points, a green arrow to finish, and a final OR of 70k - not too bad at all from what has been a very difficult season. Well done.

All I was hoping for at the end was to scrape inside the top 100k and, despite a decent week (82 points), I missed out by just 2 points - if only I had taken the plunge as above and brought in Maddison for Saka! Ah well, 20-20 hindsight and all that...

If you are interested, this was the final "Random FISO/Elite" table the I've been tracking this year. I suppose 19th out of 24 is not too shabby, given the nature of the names in this list, and at the start of the season I'd have been happy to finish above the likes of Mark Sutherns, Fergi and FPL Heisenberg... but disappointed nonetheless.

Highest FISO name in this (admittedly fairly random) list is Joccki (Jordie Van Der Laan), who finished with an excellent OR of 9.2k.

Screenshot - FFF Rivals - Elite League.png

Well done again for this season. I am probably going to start my own blog for next season, in which case I'll stop being quite such a stalker/parasite on yours :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

GW38:

80 (-8) and a green arrow to a final position of 70,686.

My final transfer of Coutinho to Eriksen wasn't needed but I knew that, it was purely indulgent and I wanted to have some fun on the final day, I did fancy Brentford to beat Leeds so went all in on their attack with Toney AND Eriksen. It didn't work and cost me points/final rank.

After slipping down to 123K in GW36 I'm pleased to have made it back inside the top 100K. In a game of over 9 million players finishing 70K is respectable I think, especially as more and more players are becoming clued up or engaged in the game, and even those that aren't are being fed more and more detailed info, even BBC football now have fantasy tips on their website, and although it's fairly basic they do give the best (most sensible) captain choices and have even been advising on chips/DGW's etc.

I may at some point look into detail at my season although with each passing day/week that becomes unlikely as I switch off from FPL for the two weeks before the new season launches! (it seemed to restart instantly last/this year :lol: )

Overall my feeling is one of missed opportunity, I've never started so well, and out of the 38GW's I was in the top 100K for 19 of them! Even in seasons when I've finished with a much better rank I've never been as consistently high in the table.

Anyway, I've enjoyed starting this blog and thanks to everybody who has commented or given advice etc :D all being well I'll keep it going season after season like others on here do.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Hogmeister wrote: 25 May 2022, 21:45 Well, you got 80 points, a green arrow to finish, and a final OR of 70k - not too bad at all from what has been a very difficult season. Well done.

All I was hoping for at the end was to scrape inside the top 100k and, despite a decent week (82 points), I missed out by just 2 points - if only I had taken the plunge as above and brought in Maddison for Saka! Ah well, 20-20 hindsight and all that...

If you are interested, this was the final "Random FISO/Elite" table the I've been tracking this year. I suppose 19th out of 24 is not too shabby, given the nature of the names in this list, and at the start of the season I'd have been happy to finish above the likes of Mark Sutherns, Fergi and FPL Heisenberg... but disappointed nonetheless.

Highest FISO name in this (admittedly fairly random) list is Joccki (Jordie Van Der Laan), who finished with an excellent OR of 9.2k.

Screenshot - FFF Rivals - Elite League.png

Well done again for this season. I am probably going to start my own blog for next season, in which case I'll stop being quite such a stalker/parasite on yours :mrgreen:
Cheers Hogmeister, I hope you do start your own blog but please keep posting in mine, I've been grateful for your help :) and I'm thankful that you (and others) encouraged me to start this one.

You were very unlucky with Saka/Maddison, I kept thinking of your team every time Maddison got something, I only got Maddison because I didn't have to lose Saka.

102K is still a good final rank, it gets tougher each year and it's been crazy this year with the never ending DGW's, I normally love a DGW but I was sick to death of them by the end :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

With less than a week to go and virtually all the pre season games out of the way I thought it was about time I note down my current draft before what will undoubtedly be a week of relentless and mostly uneccessary tinkering!

Over the last week I've looked at countless drafts and been through all the options and I'm not a million miles away from where I was when I had quick look back when the game first launched!

My favoured choice has been the two premium set up, the three premium option is a no go for me, no Salah is also a no go, and although I really like the one premium (Salah) team I think it will be Salah and Kane which is exactly what I had at the start.

Sanchez

Has been Ederson (or Ramsdale) for most of the time but City still look a little rusty and I really need the money!

TAA
Robertson
Cancelo
Trippier
Zinchenko*

TAA and Robertson are locks to start with, if Darwin fires up and becomes a regular starter then that's something to look at when I play the WC.

I've been keen on Trippier since the game launched, I like four of his opening six games and he rotates perfectly with Andreas for his two tough games.

Cancelo I'm not as sure on as most seem to be, but he has great fixtures and attacking threat, It's still to be seen how City adapt to Haaland and how this impacts on Cancelo, will he stay wider or still come inside and get shots off?

Zinchenko is an open spot, can be any 5m defender such as Gabriel, Digne, Cash, Walker, Doherty, Dier, etc could even drop down to Dalot at 4.5. I do like the Spurs fixtures.

James has been removed purely because I can't see too many clean sheets for Chelsea to start with, he'll be in my team at some point for sure and it could be sooner rather than later.

Salah
Kulusevski
Martinelli

Salah needs no comment.
Kulusevski is purely to attack GW1 and I thought it was important to get that 8m slot in midfield. It was Saka but Martinelli looks almost as good for 2m less and that's a chance I'll take.

Maddison is still very much in my thoughts (he's been massively overlooked I think) and I thought Foden was outstanding when he came on yesterday. Kulu can move to any 8m player and could go as soon as GW2, or I could just start with Maddison/Foden/Mount, or even Saka if I avoid Martinelli. Leicester have their final game in a few hours so will be keenly watching Maddison.

Martinelli has been in and out of most of my teams. Saka is clearly the best Arsenal mid and I like Odegaard too, but Martinelli looks set to start the season and has a place that's his to lose. Played well in pre season and looks well underpriced if he holds down that spot.

The big change from my early thoughts is the removal of Rashford/Sancho, still think they could do well, but with the Ronaldo situation not being resolved and still talk of other attacking players being signed it's maybe best to wait.

Kane
Jesus

Not too much comment, they look the two best to start with. Kane can move to Haaland if need be.

Sanchez
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / 5m
Salah / Kulusevski* / Martinelli* /
Kane / Jesus

4.0 / 4.5 / Andreas / Greenwood

The Kulu slot is key I think as I don't like my drafts that don't have room for the 8m mid, there are so many good options and don't want to be left without the choice to get one. He can be any 8m midfielder and I could go Saka and Neto which would give me the 0.5 to turn the 5m defender spot into Perisic (if he is confirmed as starting)

Sanchez
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / Perisic
Salah / Saka / Neto /
Kane / Jesus

Looks a well balanced set up to me, all (or most) of the best attacking defenders, two heavy hitters in Kane and Salah, the important 8m midfield spot, and price points that allow me to jump onto City attacking players:

Kane to Haaland
8m mid to Foden/Grealish/Mahrez etc

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Very similar to where I am, with similar doubts about Canc, and thinking of saving 1m with Diaz.

I'm not considering Kulu as Richarlison is only suspended for GW1 (I think) and then that's a lot of cash for a (hopefully super) sub? So I would definitely go for your second rabble, with Saka and have an extra million to up grade Neto.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore

Post by Hogmeister »

Looks good to me Gambit, structure very similar to mine.

Barring any worrying press announcements on Friday, I’ll be starting with Perisic, and the debate over James is well-worn!

Understand your thoughts re that 8m mid position, on balance I’m instead putting the prio on a slightly better GK and (arguably) def, plus having the extra 0.5 ITB to provide the option of a GW1/2 move without worrying about any immediate price rises.

So looking at that final line-up it’s my Ramsdale, James and Martinelli (and 0.5m ITB) vs your Sanchez, Trippier and Saka.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Hogmeister wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 15:31 So looking at that final line-up it’s my Ramsdale, James and Martinelli (and 0.5m ITB) vs your Sanchez, Trippier and Saka.
And you lose :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

blahblah wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 15:28 Very similar to where I am, with similar doubts about Canc, and thinking of saving 1m with Diaz.

I'm not considering Kulu as Richarlison is only suspended for GW1 (I think) and then that's a lot of cash for a (hopefully super) sub? So I would definitely go for your second rabble, with Saka and have an extra million to up grade Neto.
I'm not adverse to booking in a transfer even though it's against the accepted logic. I fancy Spurs strongly in GW1 and Kulu still has less than 8% ownership. In saying that, he's far from set in my team, Maddison is one I really want and despite the woes at Chelsea I think Mount is set for a big season.
Last edited by Gambit on 31 Jul 2022, 15:48, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Hogmeister wrote: 31 Jul 2022, 15:31 Looks good to me Gambit, structure very similar to mine.

Barring any worrying press announcements on Friday, I’ll be starting with Perisic, and the debate over James is well-worn!

Understand your thoughts re that 8m mid position, on balance I’m instead putting the prio on a slightly better GK and (arguably) def, plus having the extra 0.5 ITB to provide the option of a GW1/2 move without worrying about any immediate price rises.

So looking at that final line-up it’s my Ramsdale, James and Martinelli (and 0.5m ITB) vs your Sanchez, Trippier and Saka.
Cheers Hogmeister.

I'd been on Ederson for most of the time but chopping him down to the 4.5 was the best way I could find to free up the cash for the 8m mid slot, and I do think this slot is important. I'm far from settled on who the 8m midfielder will be, that will likely be a Thursday night decision! also very open minded on the 5m defender. Either way will only be a few differences between our teams by the look of it!

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The latest tinker today has seen Bailey come back in for Neto.

I'm far from convinced on the long term prospects of Bailey but I've been reading how Bournemouth are struggling and Parker has voiced his concerns about the current situation:

“We’re six days out from the start of the Premier League season and we’re way short of where we need to be,” Parker said. “That’s just the cold, hard facts. We barely have any defenders. We’ve lost eight players at the start of the season. At this present moment in time, this squad is much weaker than it was two months ago when we got promoted. :shock:

If there is news from SG that Bailey will start then he looks too good a bargain to turn down, and this 0.5 could allow me to go back up to the 5m keeper:

Ramsdale
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Trippier / Perisic
Salah / 8m / Bailey /
Kane / Jesus

The other concern I have now is around Maddison and Trippier. Maddison is a player I really wanted, but with the news of a possible move to Newcastle it's likely best to wait, and if he does go to Newcastle then you've got to think that Trippier would no longer dominate the set pieces which weakens him I think.

What this means is that I may lose Trippier and move to a back four:

Ramsdale
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Perisic
Salah / Martinelli / Bailey / Sancho
Kane / Jesus

It doesn't have the 8m mid slot but that's only because Ramsdale is back in, he could move to 4.5 to allow Sancho to become the 8m slot, basically:

Ramsdale & Sancho v 4.5 & 8m

I'm not sure how much things will change now before Friday, If I go with the five at the back then my only real decision is which 8m midfielder, with the four at the back it's just the keeper and Sancho v 8m slot to decide. The majority of the team is pretty much set.......I think! :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Interesting comments re Bournemouth....

For cash saving:
Cancelo to Diaz?
Is Kane a premium too far? (I'm WC'ing kinda soon and I'm counting Saka as a cheap Premium 😉)
Long term Saliba at 4.5m is interesting me.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

blahblah wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 20:26 Interesting comments re Bournemouth....

For cash saving:
Cancelo to Diaz?
Is Kane a premium too far? (I'm WC'ing kinda soon and I'm counting Saka as a cheap Premium 😉)
Long term Saliba at 4.5m is interesting me.
The one premium teams look v strong but with Friday rapidly approaching any changes I make now will be fairly minor as I've outlined above.

Switching to a one premium team would mean massive change and I'm not doing that now, Kane has a superb GW1 and is an easy swap to Haaland if need be, and reading that Bournemouth news I may make that move in GW2! :shock:

One thing I do need to look at is a plan if Perisic is ruled out in the presser, think in that situation I would switch to the back four but lose Perisic instead of Trippier, this would result in Ramsdale stopping and I'd still have the money for the 8m midfielder.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I far prefer the 5atb, but then I've been on that for a few seasons....

The one to be wary of is Sancho as he was ill and missed their last match.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore

Post by Hogmeister »

Interesting Gambit. Personally I really don't think Sancho is worth a punt from the start of the season, 7.5m is a lot, and you could go back to 5atb, plough that cash into defence (James, Dias, Trippier, etc), and so get someone more guaranteed to deliver returns over the initial fixtures.

And to add something you probably already know full well... Trippier alternates very well with Andreas over the first 5 fixtures or so.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Hogmeister wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 22:02 Interesting Gambit. Personally I really don't think Sancho is worth a punt from the start of the season, 7.5m is a lot, and you could go back to 5atb, plough that cash into defence (James, Dias, Trippier, etc), and so get someone more guaranteed to deliver returns over the initial fixtures.

And to add something you probably already know full well... Trippier alternates very well with Andreas over the first 5 fixtures or so.
Yeah the rotation with Andreas is a big plus for Trippier, but if he loses some set piece threat to Maddison then it does take an edge off him i think.

Will see what the pressers bring, it could be that Perisic that has to make way if Conte decides he’s not ready in time.

Five at the back is my preferred option I think.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FPL: 1082, 1201, 1800, 10203

The stats are dark and full of errors.

Post by Mav3rick »

Your 4.5 keeper and 8.0 mid option is identical to my team, so needless to say, I like it. I don't see anything wrong with the extra premium defender in setups like Hoggy has and describes, I just personally favour an ability to move on attacking players early in the season so prefer the budget available there, plus I just generally like having an optimal bench spend, which for me has to include Williams.

Your dual 5.0 defender idea is an interesting half way point between the two setups though, and I've had Doherty in more drafts than I care to admit!

I'm fairly confident on Sancho starting well, but that 8 mid slot for me is there for a second city attacker in Foden. I can't believe they won't put 4s and 5s past some of their early season opponents and I want a double bite at the points.

I've very closely considered Kulu in the slot too, but ultimately I just don't want to book the transfer as I think there's at least some risk on Perisic, Bailey and the inevitable injury or bandwagon option that we might wanna pick up. If I could bank a transfer in GW2 then I'd be super happy with a -4 and 3 transfers in GW3 to rejig any mistakes.

Hogmeister
Dumbledore

Post by Hogmeister »

Mav3rick wrote: 01 Aug 2022, 23:49If I could bank a transfer in GW2 then I'd be super happy with a -4 and 3 transfers in GW3 to rejig any mistakes.
Yeah, that would be ideal - last year the template worked so well I hardly knew what to do with my FTs, while the year before it went so badly I was WC-ing by GW3, so you never know.

I am nervous about starting the season with Kane, Perisic and one of Bailey/Neto, as that could be three early transfers just from those three. Mitigating that risk could involve starting with Haaland and/or going with both Neto and Bailey (rotating them and Perisic early on, and then probably jumping off one of them in GW3).

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Sanchez & Ward rotation.

IF it's true that Ward will start the season as first choice then his rotation with Sanchez is something I need to consider. Rotating keepers is not something I like doing but as I will be very likely playing an early WC it would only be for around 6 GW's.

Ward H v Brentford
Sanchez H v Newcastle
Ward H v Southampton
Sanchez H v Leeds
Sanchez a v Fulham
Sanchez H v Leicester

That looks great, and the 0.5 saved on Ramsdale added to losing Trippier means I can get to this 4-4-2:

Sanchez / Ward
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Perisic
Salah / 8m / Martinelli / Bailey
Kane / Jesus

Andreas / Williams / 4.5

Really happy with that, the only sacrifce I've had to make is losing Ramsdale and Trippier.

On the plus side I've got what looks like 4 of the 5 best defenders (James is the 5th but I'd get him on the WC once the new look Chelsea defence has settled), and I've kept the 8m midfield spot. Would likely start Kulu to attack GW1 then move to Foden GW2.

Think it's pretty flexible too:

If Perisic breaks he can become Trippier or whoever of the 5m defenders looks the best, maybe Doherty if he finds his form/fitness, and by not having Ramsdale I have Zinchenko/Gabriel as an option too
If Martinelli starts losing minutes he can become Neto / Gordon etc, or is only 0.5 from a move up to Rashford/Trossard
The 8m slot can switch between fixtures (providing the rest of my team stays stable/healthy) meaning I can target Foden/Mount or Sancho/Rashford if they fire
Kane can become Haaland

And I have two playing subs in Andreas and Williams

Oatfedgoat
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 573rd in FPL 09/10. 176pts in DGW22 of 09/10.

Post by Oatfedgoat »

This is also my exact same team.

I currently have Saka as my 8.0 mid and Archer as 4.5 forward.

For the reasons you stated, I like the flexibility this team gives and it being easy to make single transfers to bring in others if they come out firing.

Any of the 8.0 mids (especially City), Kane>Haaland, perisic>5.0 option, Salah>son/kdb are all east to do.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

The Conte presser has caused me a late rethink on my team, really not sure on Perisic now, the Spurs boards are split and I've seen strong cases made for and against him starting. Tempted just to remove him, yes he has high potential, but so do some of the players I could replace him with such as Tripper or putting James back in.

Another piece of news that caught my eye today was the injury to Martial, I had Rashford (or Sancho) in my earlier drafts but didn't want to take the risk due to Ronaldo possibly coming back in, but with Martial now having hamstring problems there is no way Rashford/Sancho can miss out.

So, this is where I am currently:

Sanchez / Ward
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / Perisic*
Salah / Bailey / Martinelli / 8m*
Kane / Jesus

Andreas / Williams / 4.5

So two open slots (Perisic/mid) with 13.5 to spend.

Many options but keep coming back to

James
Sancho (or Rashford and bank 1m)

Trippier
Mount (0.5 banked)

James
Mount
(This involves going all in on the 8m Leicester keepers!)

Could just swap Perisic to Doherty but he looks just as big a risk too! :D

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Perisic out!

Sick of him already and the season hasn't even started yet! :D James back in:

****** / Ward
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / James
Salah / Bailey / Martinelli / ******
Haaland / Jesus

Andreas / Williams / Archer

I'm now down to the final decison of Sanchez and a midfielder up to 7.5 - would be Rashford or Sancho
Or
Iversen for the Leicester double up which gets me the 8m midfielder.

I'm edging towards the 8m mid and the main reason is due to the strength of those City fixtures after GW1 I think a double City attack of Haaland and Foden (if he is playing) could be huge.

Looking likely that because of City v Bournemouth in GW2 I'll go Haaland not Kane, I considered keeping Kane and starting with Foden but he may not play GW1, so will start Haaland and then see how the midfield is lining up to move to whoever looks best in GW2.

So that leaves me with:

Iversen / Ward
TAA / Robertson / Cancelo / James
Salah / Bailey / Martinelli / Mount (Foden or best City mid GW2)
Haaland / Jesus

Andreas / Williams / Archer

The other bonus of the 8m slot is that it allows me to move very easily if

A - No City mid stands out
B - Some mid price bargain emerges etc

I'm not entirely happy with no Kane in GW1 but 100% want Haaland in GW2, and I'm not overly keen on the Leicester defence but with an early WC I shouldn't suffer too much v the more expensive keepers and hopefully I'll gain points with the extra cash in the outfield positions.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Feeling you on the Perisic front! He's still in my team right now but dropping him cascades a few selections which wouldn't be great if the transfers weren't free.

I think like you I'd be looking at Foden or Mount, although Saka leads most projections I've looked at.

Actually, we'll have the same team if I drop Perisic and cascade the changes through :lol:

Sancho crossed your mind at all? I was pretty hot on him until he missed the last friendly, need to check the Man Utd team news for his availability.
Last edited by Mav3rick on 05 Aug 2022, 15:33, edited 1 time in total.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

And I've just noticed that all my players bar the keeper are away from home!

Don't think I've ever had that before in GW1 :lol:

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 15:30 Feeling you on the Perisic front! He's still in my team right now but dropping him cascades a few selections which wouldn't be great if the transfers weren't free.

I think like you I'd be looking at Foden or Mount, although Saka leads most projections I've looked at.

Actually, we'll have the same team if I drop Perisic and cascade the changes through :lol:
Saka a great pick but I just can't bring myself to go with triple Arsenal attack.

Everton look in a bit of a mess so I like Mount to start and then the switch to Foden.

Loads of similar teams to be fair, the pricing of the key defenders and then Salah + Kane/Haaland is leading most to the same place.

Would love to do a team with Sterling / Vardy / Son/ Rashford etc, would probably still score really well, and good luck to those who are going a bit different. I love to see a different set up.

Yes on Sancho, could be gold, and would give me the 0.5 to get Sanchez back for a bit more strength in net. Want to see United first, and that's the bonus of the 8m slot, if Rashford/Sancho fire and Pep looks to be messing about with the midfield, then it's an easy switch that gives cash back too. Easier to move down than up. If you start Rashford/Sancho and they/United are poor, then it's hard to get Foden or Mount if they look v strong.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

Without Perisic (the 5.0 defenders are good enough to stand on their own in the Perisic slot) it's possible to field a side with Sterling or Vardy in it, although it would mean no triple Liverpool.

I'm not sure if I quite ready to back Sterling for 10.0 although Vardy (over Jesus) is tempting with a swap to Darwin in mind for GW2.

Gambit
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Gambit »

Mav3rick wrote: 05 Aug 2022, 15:47 Without Perisic (the 5.0 defenders are good enough to stand on their own in the Perisic slot) it's possible to field a side with Sterling or Vardy in it, although it would mean no triple Liverpool.

I'm not sure if I quite ready to back Sterling for 10.0 although Vardy (over Jesus) is tempting with a swap to Darwin in mind for GW2.
Don't tempt me on no Jesus! :D He's a great option but creeping to 80% now, I'm not sure he's going to be the highest scoring mid price player after the first few weeks so going against him could be one of the plays of the season.

I did do a draft with Darwin or Vardy there, and one with the extra cash in midfield with Bruno or Sterling. Even just having Saka instead of him could work really well.

Mav3rick
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Mav3rick »

These are the GW1 projections from FPL Review's Massive Data model (paid for data)

I don't recall seeing Maddison so high previously, although I may just have never order by GW1 specifically, but you can throw a net around anyone not called Luis Diaz.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Diaries & RMTs”