GW20 Wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Post Reply
User avatar
hooked
Treebeard
Posts: 222
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 17:44

GW20 Wildcard

Post by hooked »

Anyone else still have there Wildcard? Be good to hear ideas of what people are planning on - particularly with potential doubles in GW21 and 22. Building a side for BB GW22 maybe folly given COVID but worth thinking about.

I'm considering ditching Salah as he will have: Leicester (a), Chelsea (a), blank, blank (DGW?), possible blank...

User avatar
fantasyfaz
FISOhead
Posts: 845
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:34
FS Record: Telegraph weekly Tinkerman winner Telegraph Cricket weekly winner, TFFO 3rd place 2009, TFFO manager of the month Sept 2008

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by fantasyfaz »

Iv still got mine. Quite happy with my team to be honest but could do with knowing more about ACON and the double GW teams for certain. Also worth thinking about Chelsea playing in the Club Workd Cup.I should of used it last week but went only Friday on works do and missed all the price rises / falls and took -8 to put in Watkins and by time that got called off to late to make loads of changes last minute.

User avatar
hooked
Treebeard
Posts: 222
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 17:44

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by hooked »

I think I will risk going without Salah for Leicester and Chelsea. Want to have Son and Ronaldo for upcoming games.

User avatar
Roger Ramjet
FISOhead
Posts: 862
Joined: 01 Aug 2007, 11:24

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Roger Ramjet »

Gonna use it Sunday morning to make 4 to 5 changes as I'm relatively happy with my team.

Unlike every other year where the wildcard usually means a total squad overhaul, I've a decent team assembled.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk


User avatar
hooked
Treebeard
Posts: 222
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 17:44

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by hooked »

I’m fairly happy too but still think the best strategy is to load up on DGW22 players.

space
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 16
Joined: 20 Jul 2019, 18:43

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by space »

I still have my first wildcard and was planning to use it for GW20. With the postponements I think GW19 wildcard probably makes more sense now... and Salah has to go!

User avatar
hooked
Treebeard
Posts: 222
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 17:44

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by hooked »

Yep. I’ve lost five with the postponements and have a few questionable starters so think I will wildcard this week - awaiting further postponements before pulling the trigger.

A quick draft last night was:

DDG Sanchez
TAA Cancelo Davies White Dias/James
Jota Martinelli Son Gallagher Bowen
Ronaldo Antonio Broja

User avatar
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
Posts: 9026
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 17:15
Location: Kent
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

Seriously considering GW21 with possible BB in GW22

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 92032
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:04 Seriously considering GW21 with possible BB in GW22
Don't be daft. Not even I'm that erm...... dupid.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

User avatar
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
Posts: 9026
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 17:15
Location: Kent
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

blahblah wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:08
Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:04 Seriously considering GW21 with possible BB in GW22
Don't be daft. Not even I'm that erm...... dupid.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Big fixture swing for my Chelsea defence, plus a couple of players going to ANOC. Hopefully 2 FH trips to manage the awkward weeks around the cup. What's not to like?

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 92032
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by blahblah »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 19:08
blahblah wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:08
Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:04 Seriously considering GW21 with possible BB in GW22
Don't be daft. Not even I'm that erm...... dupid.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Big fixture swing for my Chelsea defence, plus a couple of players going to ANOC. Hopefully 2 FH trips to manage the awkward weeks around the cup. What's not to like?
Chelsea defenders hardly have a fixture swing? I'm too lazy etc to look up which you have but there are safe ones - although I'm glad to be on Rudi and Alonso as James is a rotation risk?

AFCoN is different if you have too many, but I think I'm safe enough and see the 2nd WC as a way to bring them in - although they may drip back so can be transferred in ...

User avatar
Smurphy Paw
DumblePaw
Posts: 9703
Joined: 17 Aug 2006, 17:48
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC KΓΆln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Smurphy Paw »

blahblah wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 19:16
Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 19:08
blahblah wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:08
Aldershot Rejects wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 18:04 Seriously considering GW21 with possible BB in GW22
Don't be daft. Not even I'm that erm...... dupid.

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„
Big fixture swing for my Chelsea defence, plus a couple of players going to ANOC. Hopefully 2 FH trips to manage the awkward weeks around the cup. What's not to like?
Chelsea defenders hardly have a fixture swing? I'm too lazy etc to look up which you have but there are safe ones - although I'm glad to be on Rudi and Alonso as James is a rotation risk?

AFCoN is different if you have too many, but I think I'm safe enough and see the 2nd WC as a way to bring them in - although they may drip back so can be transferred in ...
The problem with Chelsea is the Club World Cup

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 92032
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by blahblah »

Do they miss 1 or 2 GWs?

Isn't that about is it worth getting rid and then bringing them back?

User avatar
Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
Posts: 9026
Joined: 03 Aug 2011, 17:15
Location: Kent
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

LIV, mci, TOT in the 3 weeks before CWC.

User avatar
hooked
Treebeard
Posts: 222
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 17:44

Re: GW20 Wildcard

Post by hooked »

Barring more postponements, I am pretty set on a GW19 WC now.

Currently sitting on this and probably will pull the trigger tonight after a bit more mulled wine:

DDG Bachman
TAA Cancelo Duffy White Davies
Son Jota Bowen Martinelli Ramsey
Lacazette Ronaldo Antonio

- Plan to BB in 22. I'd have a few transfers until then when doubles are confirmed.
- Backing against the Chelsea defence given their form and the fixture run given above. I also just dislike Chelsea.
- Lacazette is short term and likely to go for DCL or Watkins
- Not sure if Antonio plays this week but they have a great run.
- Ronaldo and Son as the captain picks for the next few weeks.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”