To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

DGW22?

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
hooked
Treebeard

DGW22?

Post by hooked »

Sorry if been posted elsewhere but couldn't see it. The fixture king @bencrelin is predicting double game weeks for:
anngagrlhq681.jpg
Possible WHU v Norwich is also moved to GW22 too.
-
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: DGW22?

Post by blahblah »

But then it could be a complete blank πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

hooked
Treebeard

Post by hooked »

It could be - but given the new 13 player agreement - I think the number of postponements, after this GW, will probably reduce significantly.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Its been such a frustrating period, they should have had this 13 player agreement (or any sort of agreement) in place at the start of the season, if not last season aswell. Its disproportionately affected certain teams so much more than others. Worse than that because of not having a robust rule they've had to change the rules of the FA cup (in terms of replays) halfway through the competition! Its like Federer getting to the quarter finals of wimbledon and suddenly finding out he's playing best of 3 rather than 5 sets.

Regarding Ben Crellin, he's probably right about DGW22 existing and some sort of DGW21 for some teams. However speculating what the doubles are at this stage, before the EFL cup QF's are played, is him p*ssing into the wind.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

TheRumourMill wrote:Its like Federer getting to the quarter finals of wimbledon and suddenly finding out he's playing best of 3 rather than 5 sets.
That would actually benefit Federer, these days.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

Bob Newhart wrote: ↑21 Dec 2021, 11:40
TheRumourMill wrote:Its like Federer getting to the quarter finals of wimbledon and suddenly finding out he's playing best of 3 rather than 5 sets.
That would actually benefit Federer, these days.
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚

I do like an analogy that doesn't work πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

TheRumourMill wrote: ↑21 Dec 2021, 11:26 Its been such a frustrating period, they should have had this 13 player agreement (or any sort of agreement) in place at the start of the season, if not last season aswell. Its disproportionately affected certain teams so much more than others.

Regarding Ben Crellin, he's probably right about DGW22 existing and some sort of DGW21 for some teams. However speculating what the doubles are at this stage, before the EFL cup QF's are played, is him p*ssing into the wind.
Yes a lot of it p*ssing in the wind but there are likelihoods of many going ahead because EFL Cup has no bearing on certain games. I think Crellin enjoys it...and even if it's all wrong which I don't think it will be, it seeds ideas. :D

Yes PL should have had the agreement in place because then clubs would not have been able to take advantage of the situation. They had last season's experience to go on too.

TheRumourMill
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Post by TheRumourMill »

Blah and Bob, I wasn't really bothered whether it benefitted Federer or his opponent, it was more a point about changing the format of the competition halfway though...

@SK. Yeah I think some will go ahead, but some could just as easily slot into 21 or 22, so to guess which goes where is a bit of a coin toss. I think Crellin does love it, its basically what he lives for. Last season and this will have been a manna from heaven for him, he's probably the only person relishing the pandemic! :lol: Yeah exactly, Covid wasn't going to completely dissappear, so they should have had that prepared for.

Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
FS Record: Unknown.

Post by Sutter Kane »

If Chelsea get a double in GW22 and Kante is back at full speed, it's going to be a difficult decision to know what to do with triple defence over the coming weeks. Maybe Rudiger to Spurs def at some point?

hooked
Treebeard

Post by hooked »

People slating him for simply making predictions is strange. Let’s see how close to the mark he is. And we will know who is in the me SF tonight.

Lucky
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Lucky »

In case we get DGWs in gw 21 and gw 22, players leaving to AFCON and Chelsea going to the WCC, FPL becomes an unbelievable nightmare. You probably have to sell players which you can only buy back at higher prices and you need transfers without end. And this does not include the covid risk of cancellation yet. :shock: :roll:

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Lucky wrote: ↑22 Dec 2021, 11:55 In case we get DGWs in gw 21 and gw 22, players leaving to AFCON and Chelsea going to the WCC, FPL becomes an unbelievable nightmare. You probably have to sell players which you can only buy back at higher prices and you need transfers without end. And this does not include the covid risk of cancellation yet. :shock: :roll:
Nightmare? Surely it becomes more fun. FFS, Hub, podcasts etc have made Fantasy far less interesting than it was 15 years ago with all the spoon-feeding, Covid/AFCON are putting a bit of that interest back.

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

Agree Striker, COVID making the brain tick a-bit more and not just based on player change decisions but looking more forward to lots of other factors.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Striker wrote: ↑23 Dec 2021, 09:43
Lucky wrote: ↑22 Dec 2021, 11:55 In case we get DGWs in gw 21 and gw 22, players leaving to AFCON and Chelsea going to the WCC, FPL becomes an unbelievable nightmare. You probably have to sell players which you can only buy back at higher prices and you need transfers without end. And this does not include the covid risk of cancellation yet. :shock: :roll:
Nightmare? Surely it becomes more fun. FFS, Hub, podcasts etc have made Fantasy far less interesting than it was 15 years ago with all the spoon-feeding, Covid/AFCON are putting a bit of that interest back.
Hear hear! 8-)

Bobby Fetta
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Bobby Fetta »

Is this the place to critique Ben Crellin's projected DGW schedule and multi-coloured spreadsheet? I'm going to do it here anyway:
- DGW22 seems inevitable (if there are any teams not completely riddled with COVID by then). That is the reason they got rid of FA Cup R3 replays isn't it?
- DGW21 seems more murky to me. In his spreadsheet, he shows possible games on the 11th Jan but not on the 4th. I'm not sure why, maybe because the 4th is too soon to rearrange. To me it seems more sensible to wait until later in the season after the Omicron wave has passed to rearrange the games. I know there are lots of games to fit in, but these rearranged games could easily need postponing again. Plus managers are already whinging on about too many games in a short period - if they start squeezing multiple extra games in here, I think Pep's idea of a strike might not be so far-fetched.
- The teams with the biggest problems are Chelsea and Liverpool, given they have 2 rearranged fixtures plus European games.

Isn't this Ben Crellin's job now? He's literally made a career out of making these predictions, so surely he does love it?

My learning point from last season was that:
1) He has no influence over the PL in terms of when games are played (obviously!). So his predictions of the dates when games might be rescheduled are not always reliable and often are completely wrong
2) He probably does have some influence over FPL in terms of their GW boundaries. E.g. if he had decided for whatever reason that the matches on the 18 Jan fell within GW23 rather than GW22, there is a possibility it would have been implemented like that, even if his initial idea was totally illogical. So unfortunately I probably have to keep reading his tweets

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

Bobby Fetta wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 20:54 The teams with the biggest problems are Chelsea and Liverpool, given they have 2 rearranged fixtures
what’s the second rearranged Liverpool fixture? Leeds and?

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

tarkens wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 21:32
Bobby Fetta wrote: ↑24 Dec 2021, 20:54 The teams with the biggest problems are Chelsea and Liverpool, given they have 2 rearranged fixtures
what’s the second rearranged Liverpool fixture? Leeds and?
Arsenal, originally planned for gameweek 27 (due to Carabao cup responsibilities). You can see it in the "Fixtures" tab from any Liverpool player in the game.

tarkens
Grumpy Old Man

Post by tarkens »

^thanks

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”