To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Lewis Dunk going under the radar

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Lewis Dunk going under the radar

Post by goooner »

As topic, could Lewis Dunk be going under the radar as per now.
Currently owned by 4,7% and an upcoming fixture run of NEW, ava, LEE, whu, sou, TOT, WOL, manu, BRE next 9
A hard fixutere vs Chelsea away but best time ever to play that game is 29 dec, when Chelsea doing christmas rotation followed by everton away 2 jan.
Dunk as we know will not get rotated over that period.

Brighton probably one of the best defence combined with goal threath from Dunk - he hasnt scored yet this season but Ill bet we Will se atleast a couple of goals next 9 games.
He scored 5 last season.
A bonus magnet and has ackumulated 7 BP so far, he usually get BP when its a CS for Brighton.

A way to get into Brightons defence, for us who has Ramsdale in goal instead of Sanchez (owned by 24%) to get that covered.

The more i look at it more solid it gets.

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Lewis Dunk going under the radar

Post by Mr Clarinet »

Problem with Dunk is not just the high ownership of Sanchez, but also the similarly high ownership of Duffy. BHA’s defence is good, but maybe not quite good enough to select two. But if you don’t have Sanchez or Duffy, sure, look at Dunk.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Mr Clarinet wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 16:15 Problem with Dunk is not just the high ownership of Sanchez, but also the similarly high ownership of Duffy. BHA’s defence is good, but maybe not quite good enough to select two. But if you don’t have Sanchez or Duffy, sure, look at Dunk.
Yes thats correct I have neither and om not keen on Duffy he could be out on rotation any given game or loose his spot and I have James And Cancelo so thats enough of rotation risk in defence.

But apart from that Lamptey could be an option just hes so injury prone. Imo Dunk looks like the best.

Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Post by Joccki_10 »

Dunk has had four shots for a total xG of 0.2 in 10 games this season. He averaged close to one shot and 0.08 xG per 90 last season.

As a CB, I think you need a bit of luck to be in the right positions and get a couple of decent opportunities/shots away, but in my opinion Dunk is definitely not worth the £5.0m, especially if Duffy keeps getting starts. I would much rather have Cucurella at the same price.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 17:00 Dunk has had four shots for a total xG of 0.2 in 10 games this season. He averaged close to one shot and 0.08 xG per 90 last season.

As a CB, I think you need a bit of luck to be in the right positions and get a couple of decent opportunities/shots away, but in my opinion Dunk is definitely not worth the £5.0m, especially if Duffy keeps getting starts. I would much rather have Cucurella at the same price.
exactly this. Why spend 5 mill on Dunk when u can have Christensen for .1 or .2 mll more. Yes more rotation risk but at the price you will get more bang for your buck over the course of the season

Also to expect a defender to get 2 goals in 9 or 10 games is simply ridiculous when they play for Brighton :roll:

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

hayesag wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 17:33
Joccki_10 wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 17:00 Dunk has had four shots for a total xG of 0.2 in 10 games this season. He averaged close to one shot and 0.08 xG per 90 last season.

exactly this. Why spend 5 mill on Dunk when u can have Christensen for .1 or .2 mll more. Yes more rotation risk but at the price you will get more bang for your buck over the course of the season

Also to expect a defender to get 2 goals in 9 or 10 games is simply ridiculous when they play for Brighton :roll:
Christensen? Really?
It you to get a Chelsea defender christensen is fourth-fifth choice. I hope your talking about doubling up and in that case now its not the time to double up Chelsea defenders long term as they Will have 2 fixtures rescheduled in december.
And as I said its important to have nailed players for the christmas period aswell Christensen is not in that bracket.
And last Christensen is not more ”bang for your bucket” compared to Dunk :D

Then coufal is a better choice but Creswell is superior option in that case.

goooner
Red & Blue Braces

Post by goooner »

Thanks, good input. Is Cucurella as nailed on as Dunk?
When im looking at CBs i usually like how easy they get BPs. And Dunk usually are very good there. If its a CS you really can expect Dunk to walk away with BP.

Also im looking at statistics not only ”luck”.
Then hes set to do a couple of offence points over next 9 GWs :). Compared to season so far and history that tends to repeat itself.

We can come back and look at this thread at Christmas 🎅 😁

Mr Clarinet
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Mr Clarinet »

goooner wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 16:22
Mr Clarinet wrote: 31 Oct 2021, 16:15 Problem with Dunk is not just the high ownership of Sanchez, but also the similarly high ownership of Duffy. BHA’s defence is good, but maybe not quite good enough to select two. But if you don’t have Sanchez or Duffy, sure, look at Dunk.
Yes thats correct I have neither and om not keen on Duffy he could be out on rotation any given game or loose his spot and I have James And Cancelo so thats enough of rotation risk in defence.

But apart from that Lamptey could be an option just hes so injury prone. Imo Dunk looks like the best.
Yes, I wasn’t trying to discourage you, I was really just offering a view as to why Mr Dunk might seem to be “under the radar”

Ruth_NZ
Grumpy Old Gorilla

Post by Ruth_NZ »

goooner wrote:Chelsea.. will have 2 fixtures rescheduled in December.
Not any more, the Club World Cup will probably be February now.

Bob Newhart
FISO Knight

Post by Bob Newhart »

Ruth_NZ wrote: 01 Nov 2021, 08:11
goooner wrote:Chelsea.. will have 2 fixtures rescheduled in December.
Not any more, the Club World Cup will probably be February now.
Following on from the AFCON. Once the Christmas decorations come down, Chelski won't see their African players until Spring has sprung.

Kris_fiso
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Kris_fiso »

Good player

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”