To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Hacked

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Re: Hacked

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 21:58
unc.si. wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 21:37 I remember running the whole works league on excel using the points from the paper πŸ˜€
I won a similar one for a few years... also run by a Simon 😱😱😱
It’s a very popular name for people my (our?) age, although no one under 20 gets called Simon now.

I once drove across the US from Boston to LA and back to New York with two other Simons. We got some very Strange looks checking into hotels πŸ˜€

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

unc.si. wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 21:00 But TFFO was the best πŸ˜€
by a few miles! :lol: :lol:

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

unc.si. wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 21:37 I remember running the whole works league on excel using the points from the paper πŸ˜€
and I went to Zurich mainstation every Wednesday to get the newspaper...... those were the days

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Malrom wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 09:56
and I went to Zurich mainstation every Wednesday to get the newspaper...... those were the days
You'll know my name then - I was in it once :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

unc.si. wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 23:54
blahblah wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 21:58
I won a similar one for a few years... also run by a Simon 😱😱😱
It’s a very popular name for people my (our?) age, although no one under 20 gets called Simon now.

I once drove across the US from Boston to LA and back to New York with two other Simons. We got some very Strange looks checking into hotels πŸ˜€
It is an interesting one, how names come and go… BBC does an article on it practically every year when the top 100 lists come out, as per β€œtrying to find a baby called <insert out-of-fashion name>”.

There’s websites showing most popular names over time. Look up your birth year and you see all the names of people you were at school with. Look up 20 or 30 years earlier and you see your parents, aunts/uncles and their friends etc…

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Vid wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 20:39
Brightwater wrote: ↑06 Oct 2021, 10:06
Vid wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 23:28 I was playing FPL when it was called CYKI!
That was a different game, very similar. 2 transfers per week (not carried forward), no chips.
If you look at the 2nd link in the above post - CYKI came first then they were approached to run FPL, for the first season you could carry over your 3 CYKI entries into FPL (if you had 3)
That prompted me to look at the archived CYKI board. Those were the days, Β£100 and Β£50 monthly prizes for free. 8-)

Jester
Sir Jedi Jesterlot
FS Record: TFC 2008 T20 winner; EggCup Div 1 06/07; Two-Foot Cup 2018; S4 EPL Cup 2020

Post by Jester »

Wow - FISO got the virus..... :-|
Was it FISOVID19?!!

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

murf wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 09:59
Malrom wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 09:56
You'll know my name then - I was in it once :lol:
me too ;-)

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I was in it a few times actually. Only time I was on the printed overall leaderboard though was when they screwed up and printed the wrong page of the leaderboard. I was really only about 120th

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

I was in the very early ones ....

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

Somehow got a couple of top 100 finishes (including my first attempt I think!) I have at least one of the newspaper clippings somewhere, I’m sure…

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 19:25 Somehow got a couple of top 100 finishes (including my first attempt I think!) I have at least one of the newspaper clippings somewhere, I’m sure…
End of season finishes?

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

blahblah wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 19:27
forestfan wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 19:25 Somehow got a couple of top 100 finishes (including my first attempt I think!) I have at least one of the newspaper clippings somewhere, I’m sure…
End of season finishes?
Yes, think one was top 50. Got there through late runs packing the side with FA Cup finalists, I seem to remember…

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

forestfan wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 19:49
blahblah wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 19:27
End of season finishes?
Yes, think one was top 50. Got there through late runs packing the side with FA Cup finalists, I seem to remember…
Brstd πŸ™„

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed Β£150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Got to 3rd at Christmas once. It was then I think I joined Fiso ... 2003 or 2004 I think. I remember posting and someone saying watch out, he's third overall ... or something similar.

Also remember the reverse engineering of the leader one year, and representing Fiso on Bloomberg tv for an interview on fantasy sports games, pretending to sit at a computer and reverse engineer.

My boss found the whole tv crew ambush most bizarre.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC KΓΆln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Smurphy Paw wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 22:48
forestfan wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 13:27
Billy Bongo wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 12:59…
…
A number of posts wondering about how the hackers found FISO.
…
So here’s a funny thing. For most of the last 48 hours I haven’t been able to access FISO.
24 hours after BFM was hacked, 12 hours after that mystery was solved and very shortly after I outlined how I thought the hackers might have identified and targeted FISO… my user name, email, old and new passwords all failed.

You’ll note that Chris (Admin) has had to change my user name as the full version wouldn’t register anymore. I think I’ll take the opportunity to shorten it to SP, increasingly what the FPL guys call me anyway.
Thanks Chris and thanks to Joccki for picking up my plea for help on Twitter and letting Admin know.
Impossible to say if this is related…bit spooky though, no?

PS It still could have been Stevie. My last post was outing him as the hacker for calling himself EDIT and threatening to block blah.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

raoul wrote: ↑07 Oct 2021, 22:45 Got to 3rd at Christmas once. It was then I think I joined Fiso ... 2003 or 2004 I think. I remember posting and someone saying watch out, he's third overall ... or something similar.

Also remember the reverse engineering of the leader one year, and representing Fiso on Bloomberg tv for an interview on fantasy sports games, pretending to sit at a computer and reverse engineer.

My boss found the whole tv crew ambush most bizarre.
And then people realised you're pants? πŸ˜ŽπŸ€£πŸ˜‚

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 17:02 I understand. I was reading through this for the last couple hours.

How is it okay that one of the FISO mods was hacked by this (minor) terrorist organization? How is it okay that others' posts were tampered with? How is it okay that other posters (old timers such as yourself blah) were thrown out? How is it okay that for a few hours, they could eff order us to do what they wanted?
How is any of this okay?

Who have we bothered? what is anyone's botheration with us? why use and abuse us (because we are small and insignificant in the overall $c#m cesspit that is eff FPL community) in their whatever idealist war? Why eff us?

How is this okay?
im sorry to say BB that whilst none of us here on fiso want to be the butt crack of anyone else jokes sadly on this occasion it looks like we were. oh well u live and u learn eh (im sure joccki is now) :)

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

blahblah wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 17:05
baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 17:02 I understand. I was reading through this for the last couple hours.

How is it okay that one of the FISO mods was hacked by this (minor) terrorist organization? How is it okay that others' posts were tampered with? How is it okay that other posters (old timers such as yourself blah) were thrown out? How is it okay that for a few hours, they could eff order us to do what they wanted?
How is any of this okay?

Who have we bothered? what is anyone's botheration with us? why use and abuse us (because we are small and insignificant in the overall $c#m cesspit that is eff FPL community) in their whatever idealist war? Why eff us?

How is this okay?
At the time it did seem obvious that they were just publicising the Hub thing. Not sure how banning me and others helped with that though.
because it was fun for them to do blah, what other reason could there be? :wink:

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:17
Redsnout wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:01
Hey BB :) This is not okay. And it feels shitty to get your personal info to get exposed, or like someone invading into your house. I know the feeling, my daily job is in cyber security :lol: It is easy to direct your anger towards the hackers now, but in this day and age, you need to have better security practices if you are hosting users' data. It is the website's responsibility. I think the best thing we can do is to have a proper security hygiene. Secure your internet presence, with password manager (can't recommend Bitwarden enough) and 2FA authenticators. As for FISO, though none is selling the user data here, but we gotta have better security practices. I would have thought at least admins would have 2FA enabled. Maybe we need a self reflection at FISO?
Agree with everything you say, Redsnout.
I just hate the impunity with which these EVIL (you are right, Stena Bib, no other word fits) folks decided to walk in and do what they wanted. FISO is my home at FPL, and post facto, I feel like my personal space has been stepped into.
In the day and age, better security practices have to be the norm. You might not 100% win against the hackers, but you stand a better chance standing behind an army, than do a Jon Snow at the Battle of the bustards.
I was saying this to a friend at FISO - Hub is a bunch of fools. Seriously, how can one think of starting an online business while not understanding the basics cybersecurity (or simply getting someone in to advise who does). I don't doubt the Hub folks' integrity - or that they are nice folks, (Saw Will's short video, he was distraught) but they are absolutely too naive to be in business. That's like starting a bank on an open field, and keeping the money under a brick or something.
i see where u are coming from on this BB but you are also being a lil harsh on that will. Naive he was yes but at the same time you could argue this about the 70 thousand odd users that signed upto the site. was cyber security in their thought process at the time? highly doubt it. Its sadly a harsh lesson on us all. one in which we take seriously in some aspects of our lives like work or at home for example but then when logging into fav fpl website or shopping website do we take it seriously then......food for thought 100% :shock:

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

forestfan wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:27
baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:17 You might not 100% win against the hackers, but you stand a better chance standing behind an army, than do a Jon Snow at the Battle of the bustards.
(Spoiler alert) Worked out OK for him, didn’t it? Helps when you have some reinforcements riding to the rescue in Fergie time though :wink:
this guy could be part of the reason why hub was attacked. has anybody even thought to mention that............the website would have had a few more followers after his excellent sun dream team 70 grand win back in may. A MASSIVE BOOST if ever a website needed one to big up your product to the masses. What better way to say hey im a proven winner now pay me for my expert advice

Enter the jealous and bitter folk wanting to bring to whole thing down to a crushing holt

Also dont rule out a rival brand a.k.a. FFS wanting to do some serious damage to one of their rivals :wink: certainly wouldnt rule it out as stranger things have happened :lol:

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by forestfan »

hayesag wrote: ↑11 Oct 2021, 13:53
forestfan wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:27
baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 18:17 You might not 100% win against the hackers, but you stand a better chance standing behind an army, than do a Jon Snow at the Battle of the bustards.
(Spoiler alert) Worked out OK for him, didn’t it? Helps when you have some reinforcements riding to the rescue in Fergie time though :wink:
this guy could be part of the reason why hub was attacked. has anybody even thought to mention that............
Alex Ferguson or Jon Snow? :wink:

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

What is/was the Hub, out of interest?

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: ↑11 Oct 2021, 13:54 What is/was the Hub, out of interest?
A site that charges for stats etc for FPL, sells the database and has no cyber security apparently.

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Malrom wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:19 I'm back .. at least right now.... I'm not even a mod....

Thank you, Sam and Spencer4 and whoever helped to clear that mess! 8-) :!:
i think u were banned because nobody gets your wacko jokes :lol: otherwise why would they ban you :D

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

unc.si. wrote: ↑11 Oct 2021, 13:54 What is/was the Hub, out of interest?
:shock: er who are ya :lol:

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

Mav3rick wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:22 Well done to Chris and the team for getting things back online, it sounds like its been a bit of a nightmare couple of days.

For what its worth, another vote for BitWarden here, and as Redsnout says, a pass phrase is easiest as they are long and easy to remember and hard to brute force crack. I also second the use of 2FA on the password manager account, I use google authenticator on my mobile which is easy to setup in BitWarden.

Just one more tip though, with regards to your primary email account - you need this to be protected as much as possible so personally I don't store the password for that in the password manager, and use another pass phrase with 2FA on the email account.
i pity the fool that cant remember a password (in their own brain) to something that you use on a more than daily basis! :roll:

hayesag
Dumbledore

Post by hayesag »

TheRumourMill wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:41
Redsnout wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:18
blahblah wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:13
Stevieste wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:11
blahblah wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 16:24
Stena Bib wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 16:21
baganboy wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 16:08 The more I think about it, the more livid I get.
Real-life: A terrorist organization decide that they have a beef with a major country. This feels like them occupying a tiny country who has not bothered anyone, punishing and torturing the residents - and asking them to cry loudly, so the big country can hear it. Bloody eff disgusting.

Hate is a word i use with discretion, but that's the only feeling I have at the moment, honestly.
Chill out BB its not like Blah has been taken hostage or anything !! :roll:
I was Permanently Banned though πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
No you was not and that’s my biggest gripe from last night fiasco πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚
The fact that Blah was banned gives more weight to the theory that hacker is a FISO member :lol:
The hacker did also attempt to hack blahs FPL account, but after logging in and seeing blah managed 19 points last week, decided not to make any changes in fear he might improve his team.

:lol: now now theres no need for that kind of jealousy. Swear thats how this whole thing kicked off........'' if blah can do it then why cant i'' :D

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

hayesag wrote: ↑11 Oct 2021, 14:06
Mav3rick wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:22 Well done to Chris and the team for getting things back online, it sounds like its been a bit of a nightmare couple of days.

For what its worth, another vote for BitWarden here, and as Redsnout says, a pass phrase is easiest as they are long and easy to remember and hard to brute force crack. I also second the use of 2FA on the password manager account, I use google authenticator on my mobile which is easy to setup in BitWarden.

Just one more tip though, with regards to your primary email account - you need this to be protected as much as possible so personally I don't store the password for that in the password manager, and use another pass phrase with 2FA on the email account.
i pity the fool that cant remember a password (in their own brain) to something that you use on a more than daily basis! :roll:
πŸ™„

Malrom
FISO Knight

Post by Malrom »

hayesag wrote: ↑11 Oct 2021, 14:01
Malrom wrote: ↑05 Oct 2021, 19:19 I'm back .. at least right now.... I'm not even a mod....

Thank you, Sam and Spencer4 and whoever helped to clear that mess! 8-) :!:
i think u were banned because nobody gets your wacko jokes :lol: otherwise why would they ban you :D
it's their problem, if they don't get my jokes! :lol: :lol:

besides, they are not wacko at all!

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFISO Forum News”