To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2021/22 (Season Long Game) £15 Money League

A Forum for Fans of Fantasy National Football League (American Football) games
bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2021/22 (Season Long Game) £15 Money League

Post by bluelionman »

Hey all I'm Noel (aka bluelionman),

For over 2 decades I have run money leagues and games on the sports I like to follow and by far my favourite sport is NFL Amercian Football. Years ago I used to subscribe annually to a newspaper/magazine called 'First Down' and always used to enter their paid fantasy football (NFL) game. As my profile says my best ever finish was third one season but most years despite doing 6 - 10 entries annually never came anywhere.

However when the newspaper magazine folded I really missed the game but thanks to the internet back before the 2008/09 NFL season I brought back my own version of it. The premise and fundementals are very similar but unlike FD who only ran it over the Regular Season I included the Post Season in my game adding in one extra trade window just before post season started. Also to make scoring easier for me as I had to do it all myself I included Special Teams with the Team Defences. But other than those tweaks it's pretty much the same game - oh other than I have incresed the budget to $57m (from $48m) last season.

I spend a hell of a lot of time pricing the players up each year based on how they did season prior, I also have a formula for rookie pricing. The hardest thing is updating players teams annually as so many move about. (If you ever spot one I have wrong do tell me so I can ammend - it's a continually ongoing process).

Any way I belong to another website (called TheFanPub.com) set up by a guy who I play annually within £125 offline NFL re-draft money league. The forum was set up so all the players could stay in touch and dicuss all things NFL and other US sports but from a UK/European perspective. It also has a Chat App using Discord and most seem to prefer that to the forum but the forum became ideal for me to have a place I could post/advertise all my games and each ones rules in seperate threads so have been using it ever since (about 6 years now and counting) as I can share links to posts on social media and in e-mails to people. It also allows for word of mouth and those doing searches for games to find my posts. Last but not least existing players can also just go and share links to people they know to spread the word.

So here is the link to my Gridiron Game (Season Long) thread (I do have a stand alone play-off version of the game for which I will post at the approiate time in another thread on TFP forum):

https://forum.thefanpub.com/t/nfl-fanta ... luelionman

Please check it out, (& looking at my winners history it was a FISO'er who won this game last season - Rick Spangle).
Last edited by bluelionman on 04 Sep 2021, 17:37, edited 2 times in total.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Re: NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2021/22 (Season Long Game) £15 Money League

Post by Talkie Toaster »

Here is the standard FISO disclaimer for leagues and sidegames where prizes are available.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won a week in TFC once many years ago. Came 3rd over all once in First Downs fantasy NFL newspaper magazine game.

Re: NFL FANTASY GRIDIRON (AMERICAN FOOTBALL) 2021/22 (Season Long Game) £15 Money League

Post by bluelionman »

Talkie Toaster wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 15:07 Here is the standard FISO disclaimer for leagues and sidegames where prizes are available.
I just read all that - thanks - am now unsure if my post above is okay as is or do I need to make changes?

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

bluelionman wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 17:42
Talkie Toaster wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 15:07 Here is the standard FISO disclaimer for leagues and sidegames where prizes are available.
I just read all that - thanks - am now unsure if my post above is okay as is or do I need to make changes?
Thanks bluelionman. It would be helpful if the first post explained how the prize money was to be distributed, although that is pretty clearly and prominently explained on your site so it's not a big problem. Normally you would also either quote or post a link to the disclaimer in your post as well, but as I've now done that it's not necessary on this occasion. It's really just about making sure everyone is aware that FISO isn't responsible for your competition, or the distribution of any prizes which are won, and that people are to use their own judgement and enter at their own risk.

Good luck with the game.

bluelionman
Grumpy Old Man

Post by bluelionman »

Got 19 entries - 1 still to pay (@YorkshieDragon) team line ups here:

Terrible start for me with Raheem Mostert (SF) now on IR and Odell Beckham (CLE) missing a 2nd straight game this coming week who's in both my teams! :roll:

Standings table:

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy NFL”