To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

FISO ISO 2021-22

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Re: FISO ISO 2021-22

Post by Johnners »

Happy with all of Nm's suggestions, Ronaldo included.

Like AR, I also had DCL down as a must-have for the first weekend, especially now he's on pens. Seems he was subbed off with a minor injury on Saturday though, so hopefully we'll get some more news before we have to make a call on that game.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Cheers All, the must have suggestions are great they really stop me going down my own private cup de sac.

Reje - Not having Ronny for the First day where everyone will captain him is a bold strategy. I guess the other main options for the armband would be Kane or Lukaku further muddying the forward waters 😵.

NM - Interesting thoughts re Mendy. I think maybe a premium keeper is an viable route into a safe defence. Re Chelsea been considering the permacrock Christianson🙄. Thanks also for South American warnings👍.

Johnners - Yep DCL very much in my thoughts.

Think I'll contact Sky requesting an extra £10m and permission to play a 4-0-6 formation :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

There seems to be a lot more people viewing this thread than are actually in the league.

Please feel free to comment /contribute even if you're not in the league. All thoughts are genuinely welcome 👍

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

coleridge wrote: 29 Aug 2021, 19:03 Cheers Ashers. Where you at re Ronaldo v Bruno?
Ronaldo as he will demand the ball

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I'd be keen to have Salah and Antonio. And DCL or Digne given the fixtures. Not fussed either way about Ronaldo, happy to go with the flow, though NM makes a good point about their performances when playing together for Portugal. Having a wait and see approach could help get in a different premium striker (Kane/Son?) of course for the short term at least. Webster still looks a decent enabler. But, given the good initial performance, whatever Coleridge says I agree with! :D

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 8th TFFO 2008/09

Post by Northernmonkey »

We’re spoilt for choice up top. Just done a first draft in my other side, managed to fit in 2 premium Strikers + DCL easily enough with a quality defence. Webster helps as does no Bruno, loads of value in midfield. Benrahma’s another good shout if Antonio’s not taking a striker slot.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Ashes 👍

Bman - Interesting you mention Digne, he was a great differential for me last season when everyone went DCL. I also note Everton are trying to bring back from China the greatest ff player ever :wink: . Another striker of course.

Some potentially worrying reports re Antonio playing for Jamaica that may involve a period of quarantine.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

NM - I'm a little wary of Benrahma. I'm not convinced that Moyes overly fancies him, with either Vlasic or Jesse coming in, he could easily find himself back on the bench :shock: . Fornals on the other hand.......

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

coleridge wrote: 30 Aug 2021, 15:02 Bman - Interesting you mention Digne, he was a great differential for me last season when everyone went DCL. I also note Everton are trying to bring back from China the greatest ff player ever :wink: . Another striker of course.
Good grief, the poor mans Ron is back. Now all we need is Biscuitman pushing for Craig Cathcart.

Christensen who you mentioned earlier looks a bit tidier now, with no CB signing and Zouma moving on he’ll get plenty of games. Only fear is has he only started regularly because Silva’s not been ready, for an extra 0.7 Rudiger is safer.

The arrival of James at Leeds is another curious one, which could mean Raphinha going more centrally. Another one to watch is a potential 5 day FIFA ban to PL clubs who’ve not released players for international duty, it sounds like Brazil are pushing for that, which if it happened surely can’t just be confined to Brazil players (which may drag the likes of Salah into it - they’d all miss the first game back).

Plenty to pick the bones out of! Got the internationals themselves too. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

The poor mans Ron? THE POOR MANS RON? He's the Don Ron. What with DCL being injured the stars could be aligning 🤣

Pretty sure Christensen was First choice for the second half of last season aswell, on a related note I notice Dias gets a lot less passing action when Laporte is in the team.

Well as the dust settles from the window closing, it serves only to reveal the thick fog of covid :roll:

Can't really see any point in doing a draft at the mo, with so much uncertainty, but keep the suggestions coming they are invaluable, for example I hadn't really considered Jota, but of course with Firmino potentially out .....

I will put up the final team next Friday afternoon, After collating all the info from the pre match pressers if that's ok with everyone, but I will almost certainly be floating the idea of individual players along the way. Christensen for example.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Guess its only fair to warn everyone I'm contemplating a certain ex Brighton; Arsenal defender :shock:

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

coleridge wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 11:03 Guess its only fair to warn everyone I'm contemplating a certain ex Brighton; Arsenal defender :shock:
We'll likely need an Arsenal captain soon enough for the two single games they have, so that's not as daft as it sounds. I'll probably wait until nearer the time to make that decision in my other team, but wouldn't have an objection to starting with him, as long as he's fit.

Relieved to see you say you haven't done a draft yet, as I took a sneaky look at your ISO team earlier and was worried that might have been it. :D

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Johnners wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 13:08
Relieved to see you say you haven't done a draft yet, as I took a sneaky look at your ISO team earlier and was worried that might have been it. :D

😂

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Very happy with White, even more so now Xhaka’s banned. With Partey & Lokonga Arsenal finally have a decent central midfield and surely they’ll improve if they can stay fit (and picked!)

Biscuitman
FISOhead
FS Record: 10th TFFO 2009/10

Post by Biscuitman »

I'd be happy with the ex-Brighton man at Arsenal too. Mendy a decent shout too although a bit pricey perhaps.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Biscuitman wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 21:08 I'd be happy with the ex-Brighton man at Arsenal too. Mendy a decent shout too although a bit pricey perhaps.
Yeah it’s a tricky one if going for a premium keeper. Mendy + Cancelo is 0.1 more than Ederson + Rudiger for example if looking to cover both City & Chelsea. Though I reckon our illustrious leader has other ideas.

Gotta say I’m not feeling it this season for cheap keepers at all. Sanchez is alright but Webster fills that hole, maybe Raya but it’s a risk he’ll sustain it. We went mid range last year with Patricia and that didn’t turn out so well.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Northernmonkey wrote: 02 Sep 2021, 00:09
Biscuitman wrote: 01 Sep 2021, 21:08 I'd be happy with the ex-Brighton man at Arsenal too. Mendy a decent shout too although a bit pricey perhaps.
Yeah it’s a tricky one if going for a premium keeper. Mendy + Cancelo is 0.1 more than Ederson + Rudiger for example if looking to cover both City & Chelsea. Though I reckon our illustrious leader has other ideas.

Gotta say I’m not feeling it this season for cheap keepers at all. Sanchez is alright but Webster fills that hole, maybe Raya but it’s a risk he’ll sustain it. We went mid range last year with Patricia and that didn’t turn out so well.

I'm not set on anything at the moment. There is just so much uncertainty about, with injuries and covid travel, that I'm just squad building and looking to stay flexible and open minded until the fog lifts.

Think I slightly prefer Ederson over Mendy as Mendy does get a random two game benching every now and again. I also think there is a very very slight chance Ederson could get pens :shock: Of course budget may dictate neither.

My initial thinking re Christensen was based on his passing stats, but I do accept that Rudy is probably more nailed and you are starting to win me over.

Dias and Cancelo of course very much in my thoughts. Leeds defenders passing stats are great with great fixtures, Wolves defenders cheap as chips with great fixtures. Matip if he stays fit could be very interesting. If there is no DCL Everton defenders become viable add Webster and White to the mix and my head starts to wobble 😵 and hat's just the defence 🤣

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Yeah in defence there are so many to make a case for, but just can’t fit them all in!

I’m finding midfield the hardest, and keep coming back to cheaper options. Despite their poor start, I really like the look of Wolves so far and especially Trincao £7.8m. While they’ve not scored I think they’ve been really unlucky, Wolves actually had 37 shots on/off target (3rd highest in PL) from 3 tough fixtures. Ok mostly off target from Traore skewing it, but it’s Trincao that’s been their most accurate. He’s been bench fodder at Barca till now, but his underlying stats are always decent. I think he’s got huge potential for their nice run of games coming up (and Neto is out till after the next overhaul).

Now onto Amartey.. 😂

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Northernmonkey wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 08:48 Yeah in defence there are so many to make a case for, but just can’t fit them all in!

I’m finding midfield the hardest, and keep coming back to cheaper options. Despite their poor start, I really like the look of Wolves so far and especially Trincao £7.8m. While they’ve not scored I think they’ve been really unlucky, Wolves actually had 37 shots on/off target (3rd highest in PL) from 3 tough fixtures. Ok mostly off target from Traore skewing it, but it’s Trincao that’s been their most accurate. He’s been bench fodder at Barca till now, but his underlying stats are always decent. I think he’s got huge potential for their nice run of games coming up (and Neto is out till after the next overhaul).

Now onto Amartey.. 😂

Geez midfield, where to start?

Guess its perm any 3 from 15/20 and pray.

Interesting call re Trincao, although if going Wolves I don't see much wrong going route one with Traore.

Initially looked like Raphi was going in, but now he looks likely to miss first game? making Bamford another forward :roll: attractive.

Man city and West ham both have multiple good midfield options, also really like JWP, Mount, Saint Maxim, Gilmour with Gray, Smith Rowe, Tielemanns, Sarr, James, Dallas also in my thoughts.
Last edited by coleridge on 04 Sep 2021, 20:09, edited 1 time in total.

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Anyone with the inside track on dirty Leeds ? Is cooper nailed ?

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

coleridge wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 20:09 Anyone with the inside track on dirty Leeds ? Is cooper nailed ?
As I understand it, it depends on whether they play back 4 or back 5. Yes, if they play back 5, no if they play back 4. As I understand it, Bielsa prefers back 5 against opponents who play with 2 forwards. Of course, if Llorente gets injured again it all changes.

PlanetFPL had a podcast last week previewing Leeds & Liverpool which covered this I think.

Aldershot Rejects
Dumbledore
FS Record: 5th Metro (2010-11); 146 - Sky (2015-16); 218 - Sky (2014-15); 386 - Sky (2020-21); 636 - FPL (2017-18); last 16 Sky Cup (2018-19)

Post by Aldershot Rejects »

coleridge wrote: 04 Sep 2021, 13:23 Man city and West ham both have multiple good midfield options, also really like JWP, Mount, Saint Maxim, Gilmour with Gray, Smith Rowe, Tielemanns, Sarr, James, Dallas also in my thoughts.
Conor Gallagher at 7.3m also appeals to me as an enabler.

Northernmonkey
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Northernmonkey »

Not fancying Leeds defenders myself with so many good defensive options available. Raphinha or Bamford for me, even if Raphinha misses the Liverpool match (which surely Brazil can’t push FIFA to ban PL players who it turns out probably couldn’t play anyway after the shenanigans the other night!)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Reje - Yeah I had a look at Galagher the other day and 2 in 33 last season made him a wait and see for me. Granted he did look very impressive the other day though.

NM - Agreed re the preferred Leeds options, but that defence has been putting out some great passing stats.

Have been doing plenty of drafts with so many variations of which way to go, but my latest one surprised even me, will probably end up changing plenty so won't post it here, but thought it interesting enough to change my team to it just for now :wink:

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

Aldershot Rejects wrote: 06 Sep 2021, 23:01 Conor Gallagher at 7.3m also appeals to me as an enabler.
coleridge wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 11:51 Reje - Yeah I had a look at Galagher the other day and 2 in 33 last season made him a wait and see for me. Granted he did look very impressive the other day though.
He's on my shortlist too.

Not only for his brace in the last game, but he was in the top half a dozen or so midfielders for tackles in the Prem last season while on loan at WBA. Was also a bit of a card magnet, but if he can add the goals to his game, then he's a great price.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur

Post by Johnners »

coleridge wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 11:51 Have been doing plenty of drafts with so many variations of which way to go, but my latest one surprised even me, will probably end up changing plenty so won't post it here, but thought it interesting enough to change my team to it just for now :wink:
Well, it beats the eleven Hammers I saw staring back at me this time last week. :)

Given how much you've spent on the front three, I actually quite like the look of that draft, although having no VVD/Trent would be my only worry.

The only two I haven't considered myself are the Wolves lads, but if you can convince me Traore has an end product somewhere to match his undoubted talent, and Marcal can stay out of the treatment room long enough, I'm in!

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

Johnners wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 13:58
coleridge wrote: 07 Sep 2021, 11:51 Have been doing plenty of drafts with so many variations of which way to go, but my latest one surprised even me, will probably end up changing plenty so won't post it here, but thought it interesting enough to change my team to it just for now :wink:
Well, it beats the eleven Hammers I saw staring back at me this time last week. :)

Given how much you've spent on the front three, I actually quite like the look of that draft, although having no VVD/Trent would be my only worry.

The only two I haven't considered myself are the Wolves lads, but if you can convince me Traore has an end product somewhere to match his undoubted talent, and Marcal can stay out of the treatment room long enough, I'm in!

Well I haven't convinced myself yet :lol: But at the risk of becoming wedded to players by championing them id point to the Wolves fixtures, underlying stats and in particular Traores shot stats and Marcels crossing stats.

I hadn't even considered this structure and was just messing around really and was surprised it was potentially viable.

Would also add that Liverpools passing stats have been well down so far this season.

Ashers
FISO Knight
FS Record: OFL Fantasy Fives Winner 2011/2012, SDT wins WDT, weekly, monthly and seasonal prizes. Fantasy Darts daily winner, TFFO mini league winner & FISO U21 Threes Champs 13.

Post by Ashers »

Any idea on the overhaul team?

Rick
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Rick »

Just realised my team wasn't set to public, :o apologies for that. :oops:

I only made the one change last window Pogba for Gundagan for week 2 (not a great decision). Have changed it now to something similar to Coleridge. Will change it as necessary by Saturday lunchtime. :)

coleridge
Grumpy Old Man

Post by coleridge »

I will post the overhaul team tomorrow afternoon /early evening , just waiting for some clarity re Raphi and DCL..

Wrestling with Pickford and Rudiger vs Mendy and Christensen.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”