To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

The 2021/22 Rounded Keeper League - Sign Up Thread

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Re: The 2021/22 Rounded Keeper League - Sign Up Thread

Post by Oxford NZ »

raoul wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 00:23
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 22:46
raoul wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 22:21 Hope I've popped in enough. Presumably warnings for those who haven't?
Gotta keep you in for the end of season awards ceremony. Can’t really throw out a recent World No.1

And current no. 2 in TFF.

Quite the season...
Congratulations, looks like you are a keeper.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Actually I was a tricky right winger in my day. Although my greatest football moment was as a 5 a side keeper aged 12.

Story for another day...

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

raoul wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 00:37 Actually I was a tricky right winger in my day. Although my greatest football moment was as a 5 a side keeper aged 12.

Story for another day...
I have time for stories, waiting on the consultants atm and nothing to do from this hospital bed.

raoul
Dumbledore
FS Record: Tied for OR 1st worldwide in FPL in GW5 in 21/22 (only to then finish 1m), and ranked 1st in TFF late in season 21/22 (eventual finish 95th). Won an old game called Football Fantastic. Best Fanteam finish 117th and cashed £150. Best FPL finish 2.4K.

Post by raoul »

Oxford NZ wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 00:43
raoul wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 00:37 Actually I was a tricky right winger in my day. Although my greatest football moment was as a 5 a side keeper aged 12.

Story for another day...
I have time for stories, waiting on the consultants atm and nothing to do from this hospital bed.
Due for surgery myself, on waiting list - so you can hear the tale.

My school - private boys and huge - held an annual open 5 a side tournament. Was an age group comp as well, but my U-12 year 1 team, with me in goal, knocked out 2 teams in our year and got to the QF against a team of 16 year old 5th years.

We somehow held out for a 0-0 draw (thankfully only 5 mins each way) and went to penalties.

And won. I think I only saved one of them, but that was enough.

Knobbly Knees Utd we were called. Lost in the semis to a 6th form team, but we didn't care.

Rest up ONZ, and take it as a chance to eat, sleep and drink football.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks for that :)

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight
FS Record: Mediocre, apparently
13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions
18/19 1FC Köln 5AS Champions
#1 Spring Super League regular season 19/20 & 20/21

Post by Smurphy Paw »

raoul wrote: 15 Feb 2022, 00:23
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 22:46
raoul wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 22:21 Hope I've popped in enough. Presumably warnings for those who haven't?
Gotta keep you in for the end of season awards ceremony. Can’t really throw out a recent World No.1
And current no. 2 in TFF.

Quite the season...
Really? That’s impressive

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

The trk spreadsheet with known fiso names linked to teams now represents all who are actually in the league. ( updated 22/2/22)
I only removed ( from the list) one player that has removed himself from the league and two that did not join up even though they were sent the code.
still a couple of unknowns but I recognise all the rest. I am as guilty as some for not posting at times so happy that the remainder play in the cup even if they do not know they are in it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Thanks ONZ
No rush, but who did you remove?

And an admission. I’d not looked at the bottom of P2 of the League for a while and didn’t realise that the x2 McA’s had joined. They’re linked in some way to Mick Macpaddywack. He plays a H2H league against them (& is losing to both of them and to AVERAGE despite being the only one to make transfers :shock: https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... tandings/h )

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

RomynPG wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 18:36
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 14:13 ONZ, most importantly I hope that you’re doing OK and on the road to recovery.
Absolutely - hope you get your full strength back soonest ONZ :P

Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 14:13 Romyn, that looks great. Is it something that we can produce every week? If so, rather than on here I suggest we post in TRK itself and drive conversation there.
I had hoped to be doing something like this but with more data - form, chips etc - on a regular basis but am behind where I want to be on it. My new data collection system has been collecting data all season but so far I've only had time to put a frontend to the 5AS H2H part - and even then I'm screen capturing until I have it on it's own domain. My fixture/results grid and the RK league are works in progress.
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 14:13 - I used this thread to differentiate between newcomers and known FISO members. I didn’t use ONZs doc that I can never use or open. I recall discussions at the time agreeing that the two McA’s would not be invited so it’s just that Doc that needs updating.
My mistake - I looked at ONZs listing to lookup the FISONames of a couple of teams I was unsure of and didn't cross-check whether the unknowns I mentioned were actually in the league.
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 14:13 - Minority Laporte is a FISOer. Frustratingly I have been through my PMs to cross reference their League ID and I can’t find it. There are a couple of pretty active members that value their privacy. One charts his failures(!) I’ve just checked his last known ID and it must have been last year’s entry. I don’t know what we do about that as it is supposed to be a league for friends and see how we each do against each other.
FISO league is for FISOers - TRK for pub regulars. I understand some people want to keep their privacy and don't even link to their team on FPL and in that case I don't think TRK is a league for them - we need to be able to link a FISOer to an FPL team at a minimum - regular posting is obviously encouraged though. There are also plenty who don't use real details on FPL and that's fine.
Smurphy Paw wrote: 14 Feb 2022, 14:13 But it does lead on to the third point about tidying up the League.
- Would the pair of you be willing to be 2nd/3rd pair of eyes to do that tidy up? The process is laid out in original posts; but essentially we take a look at the list and then post in TRK if there are people who are not really FISO/TRK regulars. It’s set up as a subjective process to encourage membership rather than make it exclusive. But giving people, say, a week or fortnight to comment and reassure us they have seen a post is a reasonable approach. That is on the basis that if it’s a regulars league people should at least pop in even if they’re only lurking.
I'm willing to help even if it's only to provide moral support when kicking any teams out. I don't think anyone who doesn't post should begrudge being removed from the RK league - the general FISO one still exists. For those currently considered non-posters we can nudge them in the RK thread or via pm but, as mentioned by ONZ, we certainly need to have this done by the start of the RK Cup which is scheduled to start in GW32.

It is a tricky line though - how about TRSS for example? - he hardly posts, on FISO or in the RK, but is a long time FPLer and part of the furniture now. Just looking at his profile he hasn't posted since Oct so I'm inclined to go with removal if no response from nudging.

Personally I find it really frustrating - 5AS H2H is a ghost town and other sidegames get signups and then nothing else also.
If there are any non playing participants in 5AS that would be an issue due to it being a team game.

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

trampie wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 08:18 If there are any non playing participants in 5AS that would be an issue due to it being a team game.
No. While it would be great if all 5AS players were active - on FISO in general and in the 5AS thread in particular - there is no requirement to do so. I may well introduce something at some point though - but not this season.

trampie
Grumpy Old Man

Post by trampie »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 08:28
trampie wrote: 22 Feb 2022, 08:18 If there are any non playing participants in 5AS that would be an issue due to it being a team game.
No. While it would be great if all 5AS players were active - on FISO in general and in the 5AS thread in particular - there is no requirement to do so. I may well introduce something at some point though - but not this season.
I'm talking about playing the game not about talking on the forum.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

Hi everyone, sorry been a bit quiet of late. I’m in for the FPL cup.

Also a former (briefly) top of TFF Tele player here and finished 15th last season I think it was, :wink:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Vsz wrote: 14 Mar 2022, 19:43 Hi everyone, sorry been a bit quiet of late. I’m in for the FPL cup.

Also a former (briefly) top of TFF Tele player here and finished 15th last season I think it was, :wink:
Hi, Welcome back Vsz and congrats on the 15th place TFF finish.
Why not pop over to the Rounded Keeper pub thread for a beer with the locals :) There is also a FPL cup thread if you are still in that competition.

Vsz
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won lots of cash leagues and was once, very briefly, top of TFF. Finished 15th too. Various top 5K and 10K FPL finishes

Post by Vsz »

I’m there! Says it starts in GW32?

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Yup GW32 is the big event :) I am going to WC31 or 32 just for this :mrgreen:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

League Tidy Up
The Rounded Keeper Cup starts in a couple of game weeks time. At the start of the season we committed to periodically reviewing membership. The aim was to encourage more posting but if people didn’t contribute to the ‘locals’ league then we’d tidy up the League. The FISO League remains for all-comers.

A reminder of the principles to be applied, full post on Page 1:
Smurphy Paw wrote: 18 Jul 2021, 23:11 Image

A warm welcome to the second annual The Rounded Keeper locals league.

As with all of The Rounded Keeper’s pub games we’re aiming for more of a Cheers-type local vibe, ‘where everybody knows your name’; than League of Gentlemen’s ‘local pub for local people’. Any FPL Player is welcome to spend some time in The Rounded Keeper, buy a few socially distanced drinks, get to know us all and be invited to join the League.

Details
- This is a free to enter FPL League run primarily for regular* contributors to The Rounded Keeper and FISO FPL pages.

- Regular*: What regular means is open to interpretation. It’ll be less strict than the previous Members League requirement to post every month. More likely there’ll be an occasional post in The Rounded Keeper asking regulars if they know and have ever been bought a pint by entrants who haven’t or don’t contribute. For Season 2 these will be at the end of each transfer window and one or two other unspecified occasions through the season.

Current Situation

We’re in that ‘unspecified’ period after the transfer window and before the knock out cup starts. ONZ has kindly reviewed the League and identified posters and non-posters:
Oxford NZ wrote: 15 Mar 2022, 04:18 TRK offenders.jpg
Just the top 10 non posters in TRK, I am not suggesting booting them out apart from maybe Pascalevans

Pascalevans, last FISO post 2018, never posted in TRK
Mick MacPaddywack, last FISO post Feb 2022, last post in TRK 2009
Taff Murray, last FISO post Sept 2021, last TRK post July 2021 sign up
Spencer4, last FISO post 15th March 2022, last TRK post July 2021 sign up. note respected FISO member of long standing
morganb, last FISO post 15th March 202,2 last TRK post July 2021 sign up. note mod, side game admin and regular poster on FISO
The Real Slim Shady, last FISO post Oct 2021, last TRK post August 2021 sign up
boise1234, last FISO post August 2021, last TRK post August 2021
DavidLloydIsAHero last FISO post Sept 2021, last TRK , August 2021
S_sutton87 last FISO post Jan 2022, last TRK post Oct 2021 long standing FISO member
Bernd Leno's Garage Last FISO and TRK 24th August 2021

That is a list of the top 10 offenders for not posting in TRK
morganb does really not belong on the list because of what he does for FISO, but there are a few more who have not posted this year.
As per the principles outlined in the original post, contribution across FISO is a factor and so the likes of morganb and Spencer4 pass muster having most recently posted today.
Others, it’d be great to hear from you. We’ll post this list for a week or so (not before end BGW30 on 20 March, before GW31 starts 2 April). Ideally the posters above are still lurking and this post will be enough to encourage you each to pop in for a drink and a chat. We’d rather see you all in here than have a chat about removing you from the League.

I’ll cross post this in the Rounded Keeper and in the Sign Up Thread. See you at the bar.

SP

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

I hope S_sutton87 posts so he remains in the league - I think he's sown up one category in this seasons TRK Role of Honour with his score this week :shock: - it would be a shame if he's not here for the award ceremony.

We're all here for you :P

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 02:56 I hope S_sutton87 posts so he remains in the league - I think he's sown up one category in this seasons TRK Role of Honour with his score this week :shock: - it would be a shame if he's not here for the award ceremony.

8-) Has a very long history in FISO and TRK Luxmonk did better S_sutton87's score in the divisionals :shock:

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

RomynPG wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 02:56 I hope S_sutton87 posts so he remains in the league - I think he's sown up one category in this seasons TRK Role of Honour with his score this week :shock: - it would be a shame if he's not here for the award ceremony.

nemo7x ( did not confirm FH chip), The Royal BlueNose and Luxmonk did better ( worse) this week :mrgreen:

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

:wink: Your name will also go on the list...

Don't worry I'm still here, I just tend to lurk in TRK but you'll find me in other corners of FISO.

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Oxford NZ wrote: 22 Mar 2022, 04:11

8-) Has a very long history in FISO and TRK Luxmonk did better S_sutton87's score in the divisionals :shock:
I misread ... again :oops:

Shockers nonetheless :D

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

As we go in to GW32 we hit the deadline for entry to The Rounded Keeper League. As I understand it GW32 scores will play a role in deciding who plays who in GW33. Not that it makes much difference, with 63 in the League only one person will get a Bye.
…Unless Pirlo’s Beard wants to throw his hat in the ring? To make it a full draw I can’t think of anyone who contributes more and is not currently in the League. What do you say PB?

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

PB only likes to be in Secret :roll: Leagues :lol:
I should remove myself in disgrace based on this GW score :oops:

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The Rounded Keeper Cup - Round 1
The draw has been made. Unlike the Head-to-Head Leagues there isn’t a full Cup draw. Please post your match ups in The Rounded Keeper in the usual FISO way and we should quickly see who is playing who.

Good luck all

SP

wahine
Grumpy Cat
FS Record: Your life does not get
better by chance, it gets
better by change. JR.
♀️

Post by wahine »

Bølla pinnsvin
jacksosi

Bobby Fetta
Yard of Grass

Aldershot Rejects
boise1234

Bob Newhart
Tall Paul

Mo Bot
eastcentral1

Lucky
hancockjr

Fuzzy
andybarrell

hayesag
blahblah

Blue Fire
sstaffsw

Brightwater
SG_8

fatbat
The Royal BlueNose

TheRumourMill
vid

Stevieste
trampie

Malrom
jimmy ching

wonkypenguin
DavidLloydIsAHero

Luxmonk
fred1266

morganb
From4corners

Hogmeister
Mick MacPaddywack

Spencer4
Joccki_10

nemo7x
bye

danzku
Vsz

wahine
Jok57

The Real Slim Shady
Stu255

RomynPG
S_sutton87

Oxford NZ
Spinynorman

Raoul
ajcairns

Taff Murray
sibrown4

RuudTheDudeVanTheMan
Multiple Scorgasms

Stena Bib
Pieman666

TheBigLewandowski
renton

thebillfella
Talkie Toaster

Smurphy Paw
Ruth_NZ

It's raining...

Multiple Scorgasms
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Multiple Scorgasms »

When I check the league and click on the cup tab, the screen is blank. Should it not show the match up?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

RomynPG
Dumbledore

Post by RomynPG »

Multiple Scorgasms wrote: 23 Apr 2022, 13:31 When I check the league and click on the cup tab, the screen is blank. Should it not show the match up?
Works fine for me - both via the League page (for all) or via your page for just you.

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Second round TRK Cup

Joccki_10
SG_8

TheBigLewandowski
Aldershot Rejects

DavidLloydIsAHero
Tall Paul

eastcentral1
Multiple Scorgasms

Jok57
Luck

fred1266
blahblah

Blue Fire
S_sutton87

Hogmeister
Bobby Fetta

TheRumourMil
andybarrell

trampie
nemo7x

morganb
Raoul

Vsz
Stu255

Spinynorman
Talkie Toaster

Taff Murray
Pieman666

Smurphy Paw
Malrom

fatbat
jacksosi

Again, thanks to wahine. Chat in The Rounded Keeper

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

Second round TRK Cup - Results

Joccki_10 - 67
SG_8 - 52

The Big Lewandowski - 57
Aldershot Rejects - 68

DavidLloydIsAHero - 63
Tall Paul - 67

eastcentral1 - 63
Multiple Scorgasms - 75

Jok57 - 64
Lucky - 87

fred1266 - 66
blahblah - 69

Blue Fire - 59
S_sutton87 - 65

Hogmeister - 49
Bobby Fetta - 70

TheRumourMill - 49
andybarrell - 56

trampie - 48
nemo7x - 37

morganb - 50
Raoul - 61

Vsz - 82
Stu255 - 77

Spinynorman - 56
Talkie Toaster - 64

Taff Murray - 60
Pieman666 - 57

Smurphy Paw - 55 (Through on goals scored)
Malrom - 55

fatbat. - 46
jacksosi - 74

Congratulations to all who made it through.
Shout up if I have got any of these wrong. Previews later

SP

Smurphy Paw
FISO Knight

Post by Smurphy Paw »

The Rounded Keeper Cup - Third Round