To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Initial musings on 1st 3 weeks.

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Initial musings on 1st 3 weeks.

Post by CptPugwash »

1. there's only 2 super-premium midfielders Bruno & KDB. If you don't pick either, and I don't expect to at the moment, then budget is almost a non-issue.

2. I'd say it's at most a 10 man game, I can't see a possible reason not to pick Salah, as he's probably a 3 week captain pick (nor BUR CHE).

3. Brentford v Arsenal. Arsenal have (bre CHE mci). I'm struggling to find any appeal in arsenal players for the 1st 3 games. A possibility is to see the line-ups and go Auba for 1 game only. Brentford have (ARS cry avl), my inclination is to go Toney and hope he gets off to a Pukki style start.

4. Other captains. The Liverpool gaps can be covered by 2 teams. West Ham (new LEI CRY) and spurs ( MCI, wol, WAT)- we don't need the man city game. I might have alternate coverage for some games, which might be wise given the uncertain start to the season, but for me Son & Bowen.

5. Keeper. At the moment the only doubt in my mind over Martinez (wat NEW BRE) is that he might not start game 1, in which case Sanchez (bur WAT EVE) looks the obvious alternative.

6. Formation. If memory serves, which is going a bit now I must confess, the last 2 seasons have started with a paucity of clean sheets. As I can't see a budget issue, I don't see a reason not to go 343 for the 1st 3.

7. Fixtures. By far and away the best set of fixtures are Villa (wat NEW BRE). The other teams I'm looking at to fill my team with are Leicester (WOL whm nor); Liverpool (nor BUR CHE); Brighton (bur WAT EVE); Man Utd (LEE Sot Wol); Man City (tot NOR ARS).

8. Manchester. My City shortlist is Mahrez or no-one. As he only played 2 international friendlies at the beginning of June, in both of which he scored, he should be better rested that virtually all of his team mates and is an easy pick for me. United really should be an avoid, as by rights most of the team should miss the first game, and obviously united don't have the depth of City or Chelsea. The 1 man possible short list is AWB.

9. The Rest: Leicester, Liverpool, Brighton & Villa. My Forward slots & GK are filled so I'm looking to these 4 to fill in the defence & midfield.
i) Leicester. There seems to be a lot of doubt over the Leicester formation. Pereira seems to be a bit of forgotten man, but if he is fit and anywhere near his best he's an auto-pick for me, especially if Leicester go 3 at the back. Barnes or Maddison? I have seen previews that have formations that don't have room for Maddison. For that reason I'm starting Barnes.
ii) Liverpool. Zero interest in midfield. No need to commit yet, but pretty sure that I will be starting with 1 of the big 3.
iii) Villa. Given their fixtures it seems bonkers to be Villa-less. El Ghazi looks the pick to me, given he started the last 7, scoring 4, and has had the entire summer off.
iv) Brighton. Can't find any appeal in midfield, Dunk or Lamptey is the question. Given i don't need the extra million at this stage, Dunk is probably the answer.

Anyways that's my starting team. Toney may well turn into Antonio or Watkins, otherwise I'd hope to get to the first overhaul without the use of transfers.

dellboy30
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: FISO TFFE league champ

Re: Initial musings on 1st 3 weeks.

Post by dellboy30 »

7. Surely Evertons first 6 fixtures puts them in this bracket, even with the awful Utd friendly performance ? SOT, Lee, Bri, BUR, Avl, NOR ?

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Re: Initial musings on 1st 3 weeks.

Post by CptPugwash »

dellboy30 wrote: 08 Aug 2021, 12:55 7. Surely Evertons first 6 fixtures puts them in this bracket, even with the awful Utd friendly performance ? SOT, Lee, Bri, BUR, Avl, NOR ?
we're only interested in the first 3 games for sky. Everton are definitely on the list to consider after the reset.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”