To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

TFF2021-22

A Fantasy Football forum for news on Fantasy Football games run by the Daily Telegraph (TFF). Please post general messages about players etc that are non-specific to TFF on the 'Team News' Forum.
get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Re: TFF2021-22

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

murf wrote: 20 Jan 2022, 21:41 Bit dumb to exclude the midweeks in the first place.
Wouldn't have happened in my day :)

SamD
FISO Knight

Final data

Post by SamD »

2021-22 end-season leaderboards: points & prizes

Overall (of 90,700 teams)

Code: Select all

1  Peter Marshall    Pete’s Noguardiola  2,228  £5,000
2  James Bailey      20 Legend           2,218    £250
3  Paul Quinn        Conan Troutman      2,217    £100
4  Karl Bennett      Ridgmount Rovers    2,183     £50
5  Paul Hopkins      Twos Kompany        2,183
6  Lewis Stevenson   StevenSon Heung-Min 2,179
7  Stephen Smallwood ThemScousersAgain   2,174
8  James Higham      MC Escher           2,172
9  Simon Ingram      Mjallby             2,169
10 Nigel Dodds       Show Me Uranus      2,169
Starting XI
Liverpool bias works? Top team would have been 7,000th overall, without a transfer

1 Will Muse         Team liverpool       1,859    £250
2 Colin Ruxton      Dogz3                1,838
3 Patrick Morris    Shergars XI          1,834
4 Kasim Hussain     Kas YNWA             1,825
5 Peter Fryett      Peter                1,819
Golden Boot

1 Nick Taylor       Guiting 4              140    £250
2 Nick Taylor       Guiting 1              140
3 Colin Cunningham  Shirley The Best       139
4 Richard Allen     Canary Bird (Mum)      139
5 Peter Clinch      Quadrozippia           137
Wooden Spoon

1 Chris Rolfe       Spooners               -18     £50
2 Duncan Fawthrop   Fwar! Fwar! Footer!    -16

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Can't remember why but my Liverpool block apparently started with Tsimikas not Robertson (swapped in week 4 so assume Robbo was injured pre-season???). I also only had 3 at the back as the Konate/Matip question made me avoid both (bought Matip in week 1). It still came 563rd in the Starting XI league despite only really having GK + 2 def. Rest of team was all fairly average (no Salah) with Mane and Bruno Fernandes (!) as best scorers.

I had to enter early due to block league rules so other red blocks were better placed.

Moon Knight
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Moon Knight »

The fact I won as much money for winning a weekly prize with a dead team as the guy who came fourth in the whole thing is farcical really.

happyhoppy
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF 2010/2011 3rd and 2021/2022 4th=

Post by happyhoppy »

Renton wrote:The fact I won as much money for winning a weekly prize with a dead team as the guy who came fourth in the whole thing is farcical really.
We need to get back to paying for teams then the prize money improves. 5th and nothing. Image

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

happyhoppy wrote:
Renton wrote:The fact I won as much money for winning a weekly prize with a dead team as the guy who came fourth in the whole thing is farcical really.
We need to get back to paying for teams then the prize money improves. 5th and nothing. Image
The FPL generation want everything for nothing. £5 too much to pay for 9 months of entertainment.....

Was it always £250 for MOTW? I'm sure I won £50 a few times just for top 20 in MOTMonth. 20 divisions after mid season split. A grand for each (got one once for my best ever win).

Keep the main game as it is maybe but there must be some way of letting us buy EXTRA teams for sidecomps with good prizes.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

murf wrote: 26 May 2022, 20:19
happyhoppy wrote:
The FPL generation want everything for nothing. £5 too much to pay for 9 months of entertainment.....

Was it always £250 for MOTW? I'm sure I won £50 a few times just for top 20 in MOTMonth. 20 divisions after mid season split. A grand for each (got one once for my best ever win).

Keep the main game as it is maybe but there must be some way of letting us buy EXTRA teams for sidecomps with good prizes.
i think u misunderstand the 'fpl' generation. they actually want more for more. FANTEAM is the big reason (and other paid for fantasy games) why telegraph prizes along with dreamteam have gone downhill. Their customer base is shifting away along with their paying customers for their main business NEWSPAPERS :shock:

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Does anyone, bar the big time gambler types play Fanteam? I've never even really looked at it to be honest and these games get little coverage on FISO.

'My generation' were happy paying a fiver a team for fun and a chance of prizes. The gambling aspect never really came into it but the chance of a big prize did appeal and tjose smaller, achievable prizes were great - although the mass multi entrants put some off I guess.

For whatever reason the next generation of equivalent players just see fantasy football as being FPL so TFF numbers dwindled as players weren't replaced. Old school games just don't get noticed any more and there is no newspapers being bought to advertise them.

It is how the world is. We can't change it. Sadly...

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Maybe i am a big tine gambler in murf eyes...

Fanteam is a great game with good scoring, reasonably tough pricing, and the need for planning.... Prizes are also good although arguably the pool runs a little deep.

Telegraph have shot themselves in the foot. Of course different people have different gripes but most can pick at least 2 or 3 from this list

Shit prizes
Too many transfers
Poor pricing
Too many flanges
Constantly changing scoring
5 team limit
Reduction in mini leagues
Lack of monthly comps
No cash leagues on the site

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

End of season round-up email just came out and this struck me as a one-eyed way of interpreting their own statistics:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SamD
FISO Knight

Questionnaire

Post by SamD »

TFF end-season survey* covers several screens but the most relevant questions (and potential rule changes next time) are these, imo:

1. How would you feel about the introduction of a transfer amnesty during the January transfer window, where you can make unlimited transfers to your team?

2. Would you like to see points awarded for the man of the match? For example, the man of the match would receive an additional 3 points to their weekly score

3. Would you like to see the introduction of captains? For example, your captain would receive double points each game week.

4. Are there any other features you'd like to see included next season?

* The survey is closing but you may still provide feedback, even if it's to say existing format is fine, via https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Biddles32
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2020/21 national finishing positions:

Sun dreamteam - 17th

SKy sports - 865th

TFF - 46th

Fanteam - 489th

Fanteam euros - TBC

Sun dream team euros - probable winner 😬

Post by Biddles32 »

murf wrote: 26 May 2022, 23:26 Does anyone, bar the big time gambler types play Fanteam? I've never even really looked at it to be honest and these games get little coverage on FISO.

'My generation' were happy paying a fiver a team for fun and a chance of prizes. The gambling aspect never really came into it but the chance of a big prize did appeal and tjose smaller, achievable prizes were great - although the mass multi entrants put some off I guess.

For whatever reason the next generation of equivalent players just see fantasy football as being FPL so TFF numbers dwindled as players weren't replaced. Old school games just don't get noticed any more and there is no newspapers being bought to advertise them.

It is how the world is. We can't change it. Sadly...
Fanteam is based on the fpl format and I only played FPL for the first time in 2018. Gotta say my first season I struggled with it and all the extra chips and I preferred playing the TFF game and The Sun formats much better.

So in 2019 I heard about Fanteam and the prizes drew me in, not to mention the pool of players entering being a lot less - think it was about 30k (obviously they were better than your average entrants) nonetheless I thought I had a chance so I entered. Since then I have entered between 5 and 12 teams each season. I’ve just had my best season finishing 30th overall winning a decent 2k which I’m happy with but my target is to better that next season.

£20 a pop for each team but I think it’s worth it when they are paying upto 5,000 people money from the pool. Just over 40k entered this season so they payout the top 7% which is really good.

I really like the game too and it is pretty simple to play yet probably still more complex than the TFF and the Sun games but I suppose less planning to do being just a premiership based game format.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Anyone know the highest scoring valid starting lineup?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF)”