To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

the latest fanteam chaos

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
Dumbledore

the latest fanteam chaos

Post by 12345678 »

firstly i should say that in my view on the plus side they have the best games for the euros by some way and i'm glad they are here.

unfortunately having the worst support bar none has again raised it's head.

i have to admit considering the years they have been going what would be complete incredulity on my part for any other organisation getting in to such a mess as fanteam!

it's so simple it beggers belief!

they are delaying payout because they can't work out if wass was substituted after long enough to get his clean sheet or not! i fully realise there may be different ways of calculating this.

normally a half is treated as 45 minutes however long it is, then you add say if it's 60 mins per CS 15 and you are there. i guess the issue is if subbed on 60 minutes (you obviously ignore injury time here too) does that mean he has completed 14 or 15 minutes? my understanding is you show the minute the player was subbed in, therefore 45+14=59 so no CS.

However that is not the issue here with some players claiming 45+15 i want my points and £££!

this should really be a 'non issue' for any competent organisation! surely this situation must have occurred many times before so they should have a ruling in place, there is nothing to think about, just apply the ruling whatever it is!

i find it hard to believe what should have been a great success has been turned into a PR disaster by fanteam support - any other support it would be unbelievable!

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Re: the latest fanteam chaos

Post by Toffeeman »

Hi Andy, I have queried before and they confirmed the ruling straight away so not sure why they are having 'issues'
As you say 60 min is after the player has completed the 14th minute. The time on the platform is always rounded up so may show 60 mins when it was say 59.30.
I can't remember which player I queried but it originally showed the clean sheet points but was removed.
They sent me a screen shot which confirmed the actual substitution time as less than 60 mins.
Not sure if that helps or not

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

doesn't really help me mate lol but might help fanteam if they can't remember what their own rules are ;)

i realised it must have happened before but had no idea how it was treated, i can't really understand why a) someone from support hasn't come on and said what you have just said and b) why contests have not been settled if there is previous history to go on?

maybe a double substitution could creates problems? although i can't see why meself

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

I know from their stats you don't get the CS until 61 minutes, always been that way (Toffeeman probably correct in that the 60th minute has to be completed)

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I cannot comprehend this latest issue. Watch the TV coverage and see when the players cross the white line and award points based on whether that happens 59:59 (no clean sheet) or before and 60:00 and later (clean sheet). Simple?

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

CBN wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 09:06 I cannot comprehend this latest issue. Watch the TV coverage and see when the players cross the white line and award points based on whether that happens 59:59 (no clean sheet) or before and 60:00 and later (clean sheet). Simple?
They obviously just get their data by feed. I know when i was creating the euro match centre I was wondering this very thing as i have to work out the points myself from the stats. I found several historical 60 minutes played figures and no clean sheet in their stats so then went off the assumption its 61 minutes you actually have to get to. I also notice that's when they push the update through on their live stats, the clean sheet is pushed through on 61 minutes.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

Yep, not sure why there is an issue as you say CBN clean sheet awarded after 60.00 and they did send me a screen shot to confirm the timing of the player I queried.
Unlucky last night Andy, thought you had scooped both monsters last night

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

belatedly settled as you suggested from past gary, no explanation proffered in chat.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

CBN wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 09:06 I cannot comprehend this latest issue. Watch the TV coverage and see when the players cross the white line and award points based on whether that happens 59:59 (no clean sheet) or before and 60:00 and later (clean sheet). Simple?
the main thing is obviously consistency within a game.

i'm not actually sure how its scored. ffstuffs comments make sense.

really though shouldnt it be when the ref calls a halt to play rather than when the subbed player trudges off :lol: over the white line, he aint playing during the trudge ;)

the problem really that a games provider has with this sort of situation is twofold 1) making their rules clear 2) having usable stats for cut offs.

not actually sure what counts as the moment a player is subbed in terms of stats tbh, just assume subbed 60 mins on official stats means during the 60th minute but no idea what moment it refers to ;)

CptPugwash
Grumpy Old Man

Post by CptPugwash »

Always baffled me why FF uses 60 mins (or the odd 75 mins).
Don't know why it is full points for 90 minutes, half points for 45 minutes (I'd prefer 45 minutes and your team keeps a clean sheet for 90)
Would avoid situations like , is it play stopped, is it crossing the line, is it play restarts?

MADCHESTER UTD
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Won DT WC 2018
Won DT weekender wk 2 18/19
Won TFE 18/19

Post by MADCHESTER UTD »

CptPugwash wrote: 22 Jun 2021, 10:07 Always baffled me why FF uses 60 mins (or the odd 75 mins).
Don't know why it is full points for 90 minutes, half points for 45 minutes (I'd prefer 45 minutes and your team keeps a clean sheet for 90)
Would avoid situations like , is it play stopped, is it crossing the line, is it play restarts?
It was annoying only getting 1.3 points for Bonucci for playing 45 mins, getting a clean sheet and winning compared to someone like Karayeyev for ukraine scores 0.4 more than Bonucci for conceding and losing😏 though obviously same for everyone.

I know it’s much maligned but I like the simplicity of DT scoring; 5 points a clean sheet whether you play 7 minutes or 90, no appearance points though the chances of getting a 7/10 rating decreases the less minutes you play etc etc

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

good to see they have now belatedly given an explanation in their chat.

hopefully first signs of a move forwards!

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

yep 61 it is

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Just to muddy the waters for you ....

The time in the corner of your TV has often been wrong (slow) in the Euros which is why some refs appear to be blowing for HT/FT too early.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

Oh god Andy could do without any more conspiracies 😆

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

funnily enough simon whilst they could have and in my view should have put a lid on it sooner, i think fanteam have got this right and great though they normally are i think the fpl guys and anyone else using the 60 minute rule who awarded a clean sheet got it wrong!

whilst these rules are all a bit arbitrary as others have said, once you put them in place then you should in my view ensure you adhere to them.

what i am guessing has happened is a straightforward error between the fpl programmers and the designers or a blip thinking sub at 60 mins means having played 60 mins, whereas it means completed 59 minutes + seconds.

no conspiracy theory just think they could have handled it better by providing an explanation and settling sooner.

as far as fpl goes what are players playing for apart from fun? a cuddly toy? or is it something different? i've not looked.

when it's cash i think fanteam owe it to their clients to get it right, which to be fair they have.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”