To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Track & Trace App

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Re: Track & Trace App

Post by blahblah »

In Boris we trust πŸ˜”

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

blahblah wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 11:02 So Pubs etc are to be shut down rather soon?
sounds like it.

council leaders don't seem to appreciate the media finding out first though (assuming its true)

Party like its 1999 this weekend then I presume (assuming the Government follows its usual pattern of letting people have one last blast before restrictions come in)?

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:
SUZYKINS wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 09:28
forestfan wrote: ↑07 Oct 2020, 18:53 All a bit pointless anyway now the whole thing has run out of control again.
Had the app but now deleted it, as I think it could cause you a whole lot of pain.
1. It scans you in but you cant scan out, you need to scan in at another venue otherwise you get signed out at midnignt.
2. I have been at a venue where Covid has been detected and am told to self isolate. I come out two weeks later and same thing happens.
3. See number 2.
4. See number 2.
5. See number 2.

The whole country will be in isolation if everyone uses it correctly coming out for a day & then back to isolation.

Girl at work has had her kids school send the kids home as all the teachers have had a text to self isolate !
hadn't thought of that either. Just assumed that the bluetooth would sign you out once you'd left the venue.

I think you're right though. In areas with high infection it won't be that long until we're in lockdown by default as everyone's going to be self isolating.
The bluetooth (allegedly) doesn't track your location at all so it couldn't work like that.

(Bluetooth just logs how close you are to other apps)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Nobody in the high risk areas is self isolating it seems. They can't go out at home so they are all going on holiday instead!

Full of folks from the highly infected NE and (fake) NW here in the Lakes. Mid-October and still as full of tourists as a summer.

forestfan
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: FISODAS Champion Season 34!

Post by forestfan »

unc.si. wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 11:28
blahblah wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 11:02 So Pubs etc are to be shut down rather soon?
sounds like it.

council leaders don't seem to appreciate the media finding out first though (assuming its true)

Party like its 1999 this weekend then I presume (assuming the Government follows its usual pattern of letting people have one last blast before restrictions come in)?
Party like it’s 1665, or 1918...

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

murf wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 10:34
blahblah wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 10:19 Sounds like a rocking bit of Software. As if a second scanning couldn't scan you out of that place.....
Doesn't even need that, just a button on the software to log out of a place.
But there is a button to turn off notifications & delete data :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder how much that has cost the taxpayer :oops: :oops: :oops:

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

SUZYKINS wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 16:51
murf wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 10:34
blahblah wrote: ↑08 Oct 2020, 10:19 Sounds like a rocking bit of Software. As if a second scanning couldn't scan you out of that place.....
Doesn't even need that, just a button on the software to log out of a place.
But there is a button to turn off notifications & delete data :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wonder how much that has cost the taxpayer :oops: :oops: :oops:
And how much the Company paid the Tories πŸ˜‰

Some Company appealed about the Test Stuff Contract not going to them and are getting a huge payout πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12893045/ ... e-english/

She needs a good eff slap.

Boris follows everything she does hes her puppet.

Even the press announce what going to happen a week before the so called PM.

Sturgeon and Twatty/Valance running the country and after todays announcements expect lots of rebellion to go on as we cannot live in lockdowns continually.

Get a eff grip Boris and wake up.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Dot, you do realise nobody open your links.....

Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Post by Surprised »

Dot wrote: ↑12 Oct 2020, 10:18 https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12893045/ ... e-english/

She needs a good effing slap.

Boris follows everything she does hes her puppet.

Even the press announce what going to happen a week before the so called PM.

Sturgeon and Twatty/Valance running the country and after todays announcements expect lots of rebellion to go on as we cannot live in lockdowns continually.

Get a effing grip Boris and wake up.
Are you that much of a coward that you promote violence against women who upset your fragile world?

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

Dot
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Dot »

murf wrote: ↑12 Oct 2020, 10:23 Dot, you do realise nobody open your links.....
I couldn't give a eff and more importantly how would you know. Do you sit in the same room as every poster that ever posted on here.

Go for a walk son. Or get back behind your sofa if the truth hurts

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I got an alert telling me of a possible contact at 9.28 this morning.

At which time I was in my office at home, everyone else in the house asleep and I was at least 10 metres from anyone else.

To be fair I did get another telling me that they’d assessed it as low risk so no need to isolate πŸ˜€

Slightly bizarrely I did also get an alert from Flybe telling me that my flight to Glasgow is ready for check in. Nice use of technology, apart from the fact that I’ve not booked any flights and they went bust in March.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: ↑15 Oct 2020, 22:41 I got an alert telling me of a possible contact at 9.28 this morning.

At which time I was in my office at home, everyone else in the house asleep and I was at least 10 metres from anyone else.

To be fair I did get another telling me that they’d assessed it as low risk so no need to isolate πŸ˜€

Slightly bizarrely I did also get an alert from Flybe telling me that my flight to Glasgow is ready for check in. Nice use of technology, apart from the fact that I’ve not booked any flights and they went bust in March.
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote:I got an alert telling me of a possible contact at 9.28 this morning.

Must have been one of those computer viruses.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

It probably hadn't logged him out of the Brothel from last night?

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

To be honest they’re a lot less fun since social distancing came in

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

I can but imagine what with all the bubbles..... they must be like your average Aero or Wispa?

Failing that Dot drove by πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

Well my daughters app is now telling her she's in a medium risk area. Mines still saying high. We've both been in the same house all day.

I'm starting to think it might not be 100% reliable you know

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

That would be strange: Govt software not working πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Can we blame the EU?

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

I'm on a zoom call later with someone thats been involved in the project so I can ask him (and mainly take the piss out of him) :-)

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

unc.si. wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 19:17 I'm on a zoom call later with someone thats been involved in the project so I can ask him (and mainly take the piss out of him) :-)
I’d be nice to him, he’s probably very rich now even if he only did a few days work.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

unc.si. wrote: ↑16 Oct 2020, 19:17 I'm on a zoom call later with someone thats been involved in the project so I can ask him (and mainly take the piss out of him) :-)
Did they do any testing? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

What is the location checking in (and not being able to check out) about?

And why is Bluetooth needed?

How close to the Tory Party are the Company who got the contract?

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

It was BCG - they're a massive consultancy firm. Its not cronyism (not any more than any contract of that size anyway - most politicians have fingers in some of them somewhere, but they've got the right credentials in theory).

My mate doesn't work directly for BCG or Deloittes, ie its not his fault but doesn't stop us taking the piss though.

the rates quoted were the day rates for the very top guys, who wouldn't spend lot of time on the project. Scary as it sounds the range of rates quoted isn't that out of line for a BCG, Accenture McKinsey type of consultancy gig.

Different world... :-)

I have dealt with the Government team on an earlier part of the overall Covid plan. Its like negotiating with a brick wall. They just see it as a massive confrontational fight that they have to win, whereas most people these days realise you have to be a bit more subtle and more commercial to get the best outcome. Thats partly why I've got such a dim view of them to be honest.

blahblah
FISO Viscount

Post by blahblah »

Sounds like the EU's problem with BJ's demands ....

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œCOVID-19”