To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Diary of a Closer

FanTeam - Fantasy Premier League
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Diary of a Closer

Post by RickyRosa »

You asked for it...you get it...ladies and gentlemen by popular demand I give you Ricky “The Closer” Rosas’ Fanteam diary!

Now I know what your all thinking...not another boring, modest diary....but you thought wrong!

Here you will find The Closer on a self confessed ego trip as I take you on the trials and tribulations of what some would say is a madman, others a genius (more the former to be honest but hey...that’s what this is all about, showing you guys how to do it and how I roll).

This diary has been created based on something a Poster said in another diary where I commented there was no actual team news and as such nothing to really talk about so I promise to be as honest as I can and often quite cryptic in my thought processes (after all as CBN said...we’re playing for big bucks so what do you expect) but will always try and answer any questions honestly and give as much info as I feel I can about my teams as the poster commented he has only ever once seen a successful player (believe it or not I am) be genuine just once...well he’s going to have seen it twice now!

Besides...I want to give a little back as you boys have always been so helpful (a few tards aside) as evidenced just now by JPK (thank
You buddy).

What I expect from you guys is to be flamed hard and sometimes maybe even a little advice!

Next year after I win it I will be charging for access (I’m also going to buy Franks site so will charge you boys for that so be nice and I will even give you a little discount) so enjoy it whilst you can!

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 2016 SDT Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in SDT 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in SDT Euro 2016 Comp

Re: Diary of a Closer

Post by RickyRosa »

So...a little back ground if I may...forget my pass successes....they pale into insignificance as this year the prize is huge (ok if you really want to know I dropped 10k playing SDT a few years back over a couple of different comps).

Last year I entered 3x teams in the seasonal Fanteam game and I think 10x In the CL game and tanked in them all.

I made the mistake of not doing enough research and too many late night follies in The CL game and as such started with Neymar who was banned or injured (not a great start).

But I have learnt from my mistakes and this year have entered 20x teams In the seasonal and have spent a redic amount of man hours working on my teams...

I got flamed hard straight off the bat as I captained some left fielders like Pereira and Batman but subscribe to the theory of risk management so early In the game so I missed the early Salah boat in all but 5 of my teams....

So not a great start some would argue with my best team finishing GW1 in 550th position but overall I wasn’t too disappointed.

Wrestling with the decision to early WC my teams to bring In the Manchester contingent I decided ultimately not too.

Reasoning that Wolves and Leicester are tough enough opponents for citeh to risk bringing in the big hitters so have held onto all but 1x WC (I WC my bottom team as it only had 47 points which is like what you would get if you late entered so thought that was actually a viable move with that team).

I did start with a few Fernandes and the odd De Bruyne on the bench GW1 but overall my coverage is light and besides...I think CP are strong this season and have gone heavy (some would say redic heavy) on Batman and my secret weapon Eze.

I did bring in one mystery man in more than 50 percent of my teams....here’s the cryptic bit...he’s 7.5m and you will need a degree of intelligence to work it out.

So long story long....I made 17x -4s’ (god help me) taking hits as opposed to WC as I think another aspect people are neglecting is the effect Covid19 is going to have this year....I made 2 free transfers...dropping the injured Lallana (great pick he was) and the one WC.

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

I'm sat here giggling and I've not even read any of it yet. This is going to be immense :D

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

I have also dropped Periera in lots of my teams...I like him but the fixtures are not great and besides I really like the look of Everton this year so have actually dropped a load of Werners(dead legs don’t appeal) and gone for Richarlison...

Gulps hard.

He who dares party people...he who dares.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

You ain’t seen nothing yet CBN!

CBN
Dumbledore
FS Record: Three top ten seasonal finishes in the last five years; three Weekender wins; and three times Big Balls champion!

Post by CBN »

RickyRosa wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:33 But I have learnt from my mistakes and this year have entered 20x teams In the seasonal and have spent a redic amount of man hours working on my teams...
It doesn't show.

ffstuff
Grumpy Old Man

Post by ffstuff »

Harvey Barnes?

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

RickyRosa wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:33 So long story long....I made 17x -4s’ (god help me) taking hits as opposed to WC as I think another aspect people are neglecting is the effect Covid19 is going to have this year....I made 2 free transfers...dropping the injured Lallana (great pick he was) and the one WC.
So you've made a diary to wave your willy around about Harvey Barnes? Tell me you've captained him :mrgreen:

Iksh
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: 5th- SUN Europe 2016-17
2nd-Sun world cup dreamteam 2014
Winner John Morrison Champions League 2015-16

Post by Iksh »

I have enjoyed a lot of your well written posts in the past and am concious of the duels and banter you have been involved in with the rest of the Fiso members.

I look forward to your journal and hopefully you have a good run.
Wishing you good luck.

* thinks that I have done enough to get discount on ffstuff website next year *

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:41 I have also dropped Periera in lots of my teams...I like him but the fixtures are not great and besides I really like the look of Everton this year so have actually dropped a load of Werners(dead legs don’t appeal) and gone for Richarlison...

Gulps hard.

He who dares party people...he who dares.
You dropped Werner just before West Brom who conceded 3 at home last week and will most likely concede a load more today :shock:

I would have Werner down as more of a goalscorer than Richarlison, but each to their own.
Last edited by BLOCKHEAD on 19 Sep 2020, 11:37, edited 1 time in total.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

Ricky, when you only have one team, and thus far lesser chance of success, there's not much to brag about, when you are a multi entrant you can cover a wide range of options and sit back and get the deckchairs out, for example you can put a Championship player like Pereira in, captain him, and still not worry about falling behind because you've so many teams, good luck GOLIATH, David looks forward to doing battle somewhere down the line, I'll be armed with rocks, stones, sticks and everything.

LoneGunner
Treebeard

Post by LoneGunner »

I'll keep an eye on this as your posts have given me a chuckle over the past few weeks Ricky.

Still baffled by the Batshuayi and Pereira captain picks in week 1 though. The risk to reward ratio on those were incredibly small; there will be times when gambling on a non-entity would have a much bigger chance of success. In my opinion, a key facet of this game is marginal gains across the season and not putting yourself in a hole unnecessarily.

For what it's worth re: sharing, no Wildcards for me this week and only one free transfer made. And that's with my highest team currently sitting 4000+. Flexibility to double-up next week without taking a hit once we have a better idea of form. Early WC with transfer window ongoing isn't my preferred way to approach.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

Good luck Ricky..

At least writing it down will give you chance to reflect on what you did right and wrong...

You get flamed cos of giving it large amongst players who have got the tshirts.... The reason players don't give too much away is because everyone wants to win instantly without putting the work in or learning by their mistakes over many years. Many of these subscription services spoon feed the new but they rarely build up the skills to understand what they are doing

Seasonal games are very different to short format.... Over an extended sample (gw) players will largely trend towards expected points. Left field picks can look genius 5% of the time.... They usually don't.

There's your free tip from me. Take it or leave it

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pereira already has an assist and you took a -4 to bring in Pogba who isn't even guaranteed to start having only just recovered from COVID :shock:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

CBN wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:44
RickyRosa wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:33 So long story long....I made 17x -4s’ (god help me) taking hits as opposed to WC as I think another aspect people are neglecting is the effect Covid19 is going to have this year....I made 2 free transfers...dropping the injured Lallana (great pick he was) and the one WC.
So you've made a diary to wave your willy around about Harvey Barnes? Tell me you've captained him :mrgreen:
Even better - it's Pogba. He needs him to get close to 10 points or it's been a disastrous decision to replace Pereira with him.

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

RickyRosa wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 10:41 I have also dropped Periera in lots of my teams...
You couldn't make this up :lol:

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Admin please close this thread.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

CBN wrote: 19 Sep 2020, 13:46 Admin please close this thread.
No chance.

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

:lol:

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Love him or loathe him there's no denying of his ability to draw people in 8-) shut the other diaries down; I know what I want.

Good lucky this season Ricky.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

oi, my diary is excellent, it's got pictures and everything

Backlash
Dumbledore

Post by Backlash »

Sorry tounge in cheek. It takes a lot of time to update and has obvious potential scope for free reign of abuse on your thought process so I applaud anyone willing to openly explain what’s going on in their head.

aurora
FISOhead

Post by aurora »

I know, I was being tongue is cheek as well :D
Ricky has more chance that winning than me with so many more team so probably more worth following here, I'm kicking myself I didn't pick Klitch but hey ho there you go :roll:

BLOCKHEAD
Grumpy Old Man

Post by BLOCKHEAD »

Pogba hauled off with negative impact. Oh Ricky.....

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

Hopefully Tierney will pull in a few points.

Yorkshire Exile
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Yorkshire Exile »

:lol:

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Ha!!

Laugh it up party people!!

Dropping a Pereria playing against an ourstandig Everton side of which I have huge coverage (neglected to mention that boys did t you) is obviously a bad decision!

In lots of cases I meant dropping him to the bench you fools!!

Besides...how many of you actually had Pereria (CBN aside)...

That’s right...none of you!!

You have to discount everything Block says as he’s too cowardly custard to mention his Fanteam name and thus sits in anonymity bragging about his good picks (yes we know you had two attacking Everton in one of your WC teams mate - hope that WC was worth it by the way) but neglecting to mention his poor picks.

And of course nobody can check it out because he’s not got the spuds to say...just in case we nick all his picks....yawn.

Pogba and Fernandes last season (after lockdown) were exceptional playing together and this it seemed a natural
Pick, the alternative was to go for Foden which after his exploits in Iceland and the fact I don’t think he’s going to get much game time this week meant I think he’s actually not going to be a good pick!

I knew he would play and Is like one of United most expensive signing and like it or not one of the best players in the world.

Your so funny guys! So results orientated and now you use confirmation bias to argue your mute points...

Concentrating as always on the negatives and neglecting to mention the Stella picks such as Hames Rodríguez (has him from the off boys) or my Mitrovic pick...or like my James (Chelsea) pick and Pickford pick last week.

The United game would have been bad for lots of managers, including you boys so that game aside and half way through the West Ham arsenal game I’m actually really happy with how today is gone!

I remember last week you guys were ridiculing Everton!!

Big shout out to all the top lads with the nicer comments...ikish...you got a free subscription next year In the bag fella!
Last edited by RickyRosa on 20 Sep 2020, 08:34, edited 5 times in total.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Oh... and re the tierny you comments...obv I didn’t know he was going to get injured in the warm up did I...besides I don’t have a week arse bench like most of you lot so I’ll be ok!
Last edited by RickyRosa on 20 Sep 2020, 08:35, edited 1 time in total.

RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man

Post by RickyRosa »

Quick update...

My best team after close of play today is 715th with 5 left to play...

Most excited about my 4th best team overall though...captained Richarlison (inspired I know) and it has Gomez, James (replaces my injured Teirney), Alderweireld, Mane, Watkins and Salah and Havertz left to play....it has 112.5 points with 6 Periera points on bench if none of the aforementioned starts...

Watch this space people....

CBN
Dumbledore

Post by CBN »

So you’re basically hoping for Liverpool and Chelsea goals and clean sheets today?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FanTeam”