To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT - First Attempt

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

RMT - First Attempt

Post by Flashheart »

Feel free to pull apart.

Ramsdale £3.8 - If Utd's defence is as good as last year should be a bargain.

Robertson £5.1 - Cheaper that TAA and with the KC change I think will be closer on points.
Vinagre £2.5 - Everyone seems to think he's a bargain at the moment.
Basham £2.8 - As above
Walker Peters £2.8 - Seems to be a cheap full back who may get assists.

Sterling £6.4 - Think he will be City's top points scorer this season due to the new KC rule. Most points come from goals and he will get penalties.
Fernandes £6.2 - Goals and assists all the way.
Mane £6.7 - Should carry on where he left off last season.
Greenwood £3.6 - Could be a bargain if the end of last season is anything to go by.
Lallana £2.8 - Bargain or gamble?

Aubameyang £7.0 - Looks like the best striking option in the game. Arsenal have a decent start.

£0.8m left over for maximum flexibility once players start to stand out.

So my other considerations are:
Walker Peters or save a bit and go for Bednarek?
Sterling is there but I intent to start with Salah to take the two games. I'm happy missing 1 Utd game.
Is Lallana too much of a gamble and as such change for someone like Armstrong at Southampton or go for 5 at the back and look at Gabriel for Arsenal or Castagne for Leicester once there's a value. Looks like Fuchs won't be playing, injured or not.
Am keeping my eye on Doucoure and Rodrigez price.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Re: RMT - First Attempt

Post by Buster »

It's a good team. My starting line-up won't be far off. Don't know much about how Lallana will fit it in, but I do remember he seemed to get injured quite a lot at LIV. In his spot I've currently got Saka, and if he's not in the starting line-up for that first game I have Armstrong lined-up to slip-in instead

I like the Salah --> Sterling idea (and if Salah makes a great start you could lose Mane instead)

Whilst Arsenal start with two decent fixtures (FUL and WHU) they then get a bit nasty until November with games against Liverpool, Sheff Utd, Man City, Leicester and Man Utd. But if Auba disappoints you in those first two you could always swap him out - and with £7m to play with, you can go to any striker who has made a good start and has tastier upcoming fixtures (that's my plan anyway)

5-4-1 is certainly worth considering, given we have more decent enablers in defence than midfield at present

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

I hate to rscommend a CK but Werner is popular for a reason. Scored for Germany last night too.

Could add him to the list of potential ditches for City players too (without checking Chelsea k.o. in wk 2)

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

Post by Flashheart »

So here's my second attempt with many of the same reasons:

Ramsdale £3.8 - If Utd's defence is as good as last year should be a bargain.

Robertson £5.1 - Cheaper that TAA and with the KC change I think will be closer on points.
Saliba £2.3 - put him in for Vinagre as everyone seems to think he'll start and I'm worried Marcal will take Vinagre's place.
Basham £2.8 - As above
Walker Peters £2.8 - Seems to be a cheap full back who may get assists.

Salah £6.8 - Holding pick until City come back. Will swap for Sterling/KDB unless form picks up.
Doucoure - £3.3 Should do well at Everton, but really a cheap holding choice to get through the first couple of weeks.
Mane £6.7 - Should carry on where he left off last season.
Greenwood £3.6 - Could be a bargain if the end of last season is anything to go by.

Aubameyang £7.0 - Looks like the best striking option in the game. Arsenal have a decent start.
Werner £5.6 - Everyone else is so why not?

All should start apart from Greenwood and leaves £0.7 for flexibility.

The other option is to go 5:4:1 but I'm just concerned which cheap defenders will play, or 4:5:1 but will end up with a cheap midfielder like Lallana and Fernandez who won't play.

I can't see past having to make 2-3 early subs after the first two weeks before things settle down.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

Yes, I like the look of that now. If you're around to see the 12.30 line-up before kick-off tomorrow, you'll be able to consider a swap for Saliba if he's not starting e.g. back to Vinagre following today's presser......

"Nuno Espirito Santo on new signings Vitinha and Marcal: "We need to give them time to consolidate, to integrate to how we play and then we support them. They have to adapt to a new city, a new competition."

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”