To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

So I guess someone has to pick an XI first...

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
TrickyTrees
Wideboy

So I guess someone has to pick an XI first...

Post by TrickyTrees »

Here goes a very early effort of a first XI

Seem to say it each year but this was hard to find the right enablers/risks.

thoughts very welcome!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Re: So I guess someone has to pick an XI first...

Post by Johnners »

Not bad, I'll likely be starting with a fair few of those picks myself.

Fuchs is injured at the moment, but some are happy to have a non-playing 2.0m player just to save funds.

I imagine Mahrez will suffer more than most from losing 2nd KCs, and I'm still contemplating whether to give City players a swerve anyway until their first game, as most teams play twice before they even kick a ball.

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

I don't think you can assume Martinez will play all season, Leno will reclaim his place at some point. You might be happy to make a transfer at that point. I agree with Johnners re Fuchs and Mahrez - the latter had a lot of 2nd KCs last season, too pricey given that and his rotation.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

If funds permit you could ditch Mahrez for a Liverpool player and get a 2 for 0 and a choice of Pool players to keep/bin.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Thank you all. Really helpful.

Probably will only end up changing the XI about 5000 times before it starts!

Matt70
Treebeard

Post by Matt70 »

Fuchs is injured for the start of the season.
Martinez good choice if he is Arsenals no 1 keeper
Dier Uncertain if he will be regular.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Definitely taken the points on for Fuchs, thank you and making adjustments.

I think I saw in twitter that Ramsdale is going to be 3.3m the same as Martinez so can tinker with that if it looks like Leno is going to take over.

Be interested to see how everyone else goes about the XI... lots and lots of midfield choices at the 6-6.5 mark but not sure if you can squeeze two in without compromising too much the defence.

Look forward to seeing what everyone is thinking and has to share!

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

I'd be wary of Werner too, nobody really knows how Chelsea will line up and gel plus half the team are in isolation etc so a pretty rubbish pre-season all round. Not the easiest start either.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

So I have tried to listen to all the feedback and gone away with some revisions.

Pros - I like that there are what I class as 6 premium players in the team. Not sure if thats the right way to rack up the points or a more even spread.

Cons - I am concerned with having 3 mids around the 3.2-3.4m. I know the season will show value enablers in mid as it always does but having three, I worry they will just become 2 points a game players.

Max'd out the budget which always feels like I am put in a corner for changes.

Do we assume they will not add in a 5-3-2 formation? Would make downgrading Allison to Ramsdale and upgrading a mid to a 4m an option.

Interested in everyone's thoughts as ever, all advice taken well!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

TrickyTrees wrote: 01 Sep 2020, 14:37 I am concerned with having 3 mids around the 3.2-3.4m.
I always find I have something like this and it worries me due to lack of flexibility if, say, a £4m midfielder comes to the fore. Better to go something like 3.8, 3.3, 2.8 but if the players aren't leaping out at you.....

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Thanks Murf... I agree... just need to take a step back from having square eyes and maybe use the funds of the 3 mids less evenly as you say!

Darbyand
FISO Knight
FS Record: TFF World Cup 2014: 6th. TFF: 2020: 30th. 2022 32nd + 54th. Eggs PL 1st 2022. Tenners: 3rd 2019, 2nd 2020, 1st 2022.

Post by Darbyand »

Whilst my teams are generally in the "messing about" phase, they're tending towards 541. The reason being I can find 6 or 7 DFs in the 2.5-3.0m bracket I can say with some confidence will start the season and I would be happy to stick with totting up decent points. I can't find a single similarly priced MF I'd say the same about :shock:

So my rationale is stick in a few of the above and I can go big in MF and up front. When the season starts hopefully I can find a Doucore 2018 equivalent to fill a slot in MF then move to 451/442 which are much more flexible formations to move players around from.

I think hoppy has had it confirmed they won't have any additional formations.

TrickyTrees
Wideboy

Post by TrickyTrees »

Thank you Darby,

I think what you say makes sense.

I suppose its going to be closer this year as to whether the value is in mid to premium defenders or midfielders.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”