To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Good things from 91-Divoc

Discussions about the coronavirus - COVID19
Surprised
FISO Jedi Knight
FS Record: TFFOSM MotW in 2008 and MotM in 2003. 78th overall in TFFO for 2002/3 and 2003/4

Re: Good things from 91-Divoc

Post by Surprised »

murf wrote: 19 May 2020, 12:17
Surprised wrote:He is a prime candidate for death soon.
One way or another.

(Un?)fortunately most of the potentially murderous nutters are on his side .
True.Odd how his fans claim Democrats commit all the shootings but Republicans have all the guns.

Shaggy365
Dumbledore

Post by Shaggy365 »

Good news - Had the first ice cream van round the estate this year.

Now at least people have been able to get their drugs (allegedly)

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

RomynPG
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL 134 overall 06/07 ... never close since

Post by RomynPG »

On IMDb

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

All nice and quiet again

Just opened this thread again and re-watched that car going across the roundabout. Still wow!

Not sure it was anything to do with lockdown, more the prolonged cold spell, but I saw my first ever Ermine Stoat whilst on my prescribed ration of exercise this morning. Fully white except a little black bushy tail. Cute as.

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Just had two courier deliveries within a minute - one bringing me whisky and the next bringing me beer.

Lockdown life is quite good sometimes.

unc.si.
FISO Knight
FS Record: 'Loser' by Beck

Post by unc.si. »

Had a beer delivery last weekend and the courier stopped for a chat to ask where I got it from and why so many people were buying beer online (I was outside working on my land rover and he sat down and had a chat - poor guy must have got bored of just delivering parcels!)

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

unc.si. wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:17 Had a beer delivery last weekend and the courier stopped for a chat to ask where I got it from and why so many people were buying beer online (I was outside working on my land rover and he sat down and had a chat - poor guy must have got bored of just delivering parcels!)
If your looking for a new beer try Ossetts Silver King, bought x2 cases that didnt last long :shock:

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

murf wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 12:15 Just had two courier deliveries within a minute - one bringing me whisky and the next bringing me beer.

Wonder if a on line delivery thread would be of interest :?:
Tried various, some good so average and a case of Belgium :)

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

Mine was Beer 52. Got drawn in by a cheap promotion and have so far failed to cancel as they tease you with little extras each time - although I intend to!

Works out quite deer so don't recommend it but the beer is interesting although not necessarily much better than a random sample of the most interesting beers in a supermarket (i.e. not Carling and John Smiths) or a Brewdog selection box. This box has an aussie theme and the first one I looked at was pineapple & lime ice cream flavoured IPA at some fairly silly strength.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

SUZYKINS wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:24
unc.si. wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:17 Had a beer delivery last weekend and the courier stopped for a chat to ask where I got it from and why so many people were buying beer online (I was outside working on my land rover and he sat down and had a chat - poor guy must have got bored of just delivering parcels!)
If your looking for a new beer try Ossetts Silver King, bought x2 cases that didnt last long :shock:
Been trying some local stuff - 2 small breweries near me that do really good beer, one of which will fill 2l bottles straight from the taproom.

expensive but I pop down there every now and then to try new stuff (when they're there you can go into the taproom to pick cans up even in lockdown - if Beer isn't essential I don't know what is :-) )
dont mind spending a bit extra for good beer every now and then, especially as I'm not going out. Its supporting a local business as well

I'll look out for that one, although it does sound a bit like a packet of fags from the 70's :-)

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

SUZYKINS wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:26
murf wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 12:15 Just had two courier deliveries within a minute - one bringing me whisky and the next bringing me beer.

I've still got about 30 bottles of Belgian beer from when I used to go over there every few months. still have 2 bottles of Westvleteren 12 as well - probably the rarest beer in the world :-)

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

murf wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:37 Mine was Beer 52. Got drawn in by a cheap promotion and have so far failed to cancel as they tease you with little extras each time - although I intend to!

Works out quite deer so don't recommend it but the beer is interesting although not necessarily much better than a random sample of the most interesting beers in a supermarket (i.e. not Carling and John Smiths) or a Brewdog selection box. This box has an aussie theme and the first one I looked at was pineapple & lime ice cream flavoured IPA at some fairly silly strength.
Think I did that one. first one you pay just for postage and then when I went to cancel it gave me £10 off or something like that. Will cancel after that though.

is that the one that just did the case from melbourne breweries? were some nice ones in that one.

unc.si.
FISO Knight

Post by unc.si. »

murf wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:37 Mine was Beer 52. Got drawn in by a cheap promotion and have so far failed to cancel as they tease you with little extras each time - although I intend to!

Works out quite deer so don't recommend
reminds me of those 8 legs of venison that a bloke offered me in a pub for £200.

Nah mate - too dear

murf
FISO Viscount

Post by murf »

unc.si. wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:42 is that the one that just did the case from melbourne breweries? were some nice ones in that one.
Yep - that's the one.

We need a proper beer thread. Whisky and fake beer have them so why not proper beer?

(if I were a mod I'd start it and move the last few posts!)

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

unc.si. wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:40
SUZYKINS wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:26

I've still got about 30 bottles of Belgian beer from when I used to go over there every few months. still have 2 bottles of Westvleteren 12 as well - probably the rarest beer in the world :-)
Found a Belgium site that does "wolf"
I like the "Wolf 8" which surprisingly is 8% but wolf 9 & 10 are good if a little stronger

SUZYKINS
Dumbledore

Post by SUZYKINS »

unc.si. wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 14:38
SUZYKINS wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 13:24
Been trying some local stuff - 2 small breweries near me that do really good beer, one of which will fill 2l bottles straight from the taproom.

expensive but I pop down there every now and then to try new stuff (when they're there you can go into the taproom to pick cans up even in lockdown - if Beer isn't essential I don't know what is :-) )
dont mind spending a bit extra for good beer every now and then, especially as I'm not going out. Its supporting a local business as well

I'll look out for that one, although it does sound a bit like a packet of fags from the 70's :-)
https://shop.ossett-brewery.co.uk/product/silver-king-3

Ossetts also own Rat brewery , Salt brewery & Riverside Brewery but allowed them to stay independent & brew there own.
To be fair Huddersfield is a fantastic real ale town with Magic Rock there too.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “COVID-19”