To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Downtime Sunday 1st March due to update

News about, or comment on, the FISO forums. Post suggestions to Admin here!
hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Re: Downtime Sunday 1st March due to update

Post by hancockjr »

I really dislike the board index at the top on an iphone.

I read in landscape mode and it takes up about 20% of the screen, for a functionality I literally never use.

admin
FISO Administrator
FS Record: Won TFFO, 2nd/3rd TFF, Won BFF, Won FLGolf

Post by admin »

bspittles wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 15:04
admin wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 09:02 OK all done now.

As you'll all see the forum style has had to be changed so the look is different to before.

If anyone notices any missing functionality please let me know.
Can I ask why it had to be changed?
When Rob was testing the update on our test site there were a lot of bugs/errors which were all solved by utilising the new theme instead of our own fiso theme.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Talkie Toaster wrote: ↑02 Mar 2020, 16:01 I'm finding that apart from the fpl button links, other external links are opening in the same browser tab rather than a new one like they did before.
There was an 'extension/midification' that we used before and when such an extension is updated for the new version of phpbb (3.3) we will use it.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

blahblah wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 16:11 When I open a thread I see the text of the last post without the poster. Can you shift it down a bit as the Latest Post looks like I have made it, and yes I am easily confused 😞
Will see what Rob can do.

hayesag
Dumbledore
FS Record: piss poor

Post by hayesag »

admin wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 14:06
hayesag wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 13:06 anyone know how to get rid of these stupid adverts. Seem to be appearing more on the screen since the update but not just at the bottom of your browser so very annoying :twisted:
If you're signed in then the only ads that appear should be the one at the top of the page.

If you don't sign in (i.e. lurking) then more ads are shown.
good to know. Thanking you sir :)

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

admin wrote: ↑06 Mar 2020, 13:38
blahblah wrote: ↑01 Mar 2020, 16:11 When I open a thread I see the text of the last post without the poster. Can you shift it down a bit as the Latest Post looks like I have made it, and yes I am easily confused 😞
Will see what Rob can do.
Rob has now made some adjustments.

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

Talkie Toaster wrote: ↑02 Mar 2020, 16:01 I'm finding that apart from the fpl button links, other external links are opening in the same browser tab rather than a new one like they did before.
There was an 'extension/midification' that we used before and when such an extension is updated for the new version of phpbb (3.3) we will use it.
For now Rob has added some code so any link that starts with http or https opens in a new window. This would also happen if people post a fiso link.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

From4corners wrote: ↑03 Mar 2020, 23:34 Is it me or were the links at the top of the page (e.g. "board index < fantasy football.. < fantasy premier league") not as high as they are now? I use that all the time to get back to the main FPL board and it seems I have to scroll up more to get there. Perhaps this could also be added to the bottom of each page?
Screenshot_20200307-204803~2.png
Please can this be moved back (i.e. further down)? It's so so annoying and not ergonomically friendly having to move my thumb allll the way to the top of my phone to get from e.g. the RMT subforum back to the main FPL page. Surely it's not just me?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

admin wrote: ↑07 Mar 2020, 20:51
For now Rob has added some code so any link that starts with http or https opens in a new window. This would also happen if people post a fiso link.
Thanks Rob/admin. That was driving me a bit mad so I'm grateful for the temporary fix.

From4corners wrote: ↑07 Mar 2020, 20:52
From4corners wrote: ↑03 Mar 2020, 23:34 Is it me or were the links at the top of the page (e.g. "board index < fantasy football.. < fantasy premier league") not as high as they are now? I use that all the time to get back to the main FPL board and it seems I have to scroll up more to get there. Perhaps this could also be added to the bottom of each page?
Please can this be moved back (i.e. further down)? It's so so annoying and not ergonomically friendly having to move my thumb allll the way to the top of my phone to get from e.g. the RMT subforum back to the main FPL page. Surely it's not just me?
Is this different on phones? :? On a desktop the links are fixed in place so that they remain at the top of the screen when you scroll down. I'm finding this much better. I've just got to break they habit of automatically scrolling back up when I reach the bottom of the page now that I no longer have to.

Pirlo's Beard
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by Pirlo's Beard »

From4corners wrote: ↑07 Mar 2020, 20:52 Surely it's not just me?
It's not just you. I agree the old placement was much better.

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Good. It is really poor, sorry to say that guys. If these links were also placed at the bottom of the last post of a thread now that would work splendidly well I would say.
Talkie Toaster wrote: ↑07 Mar 2020, 21:43Is this different on phones? :? On a desktop the links are fixed in place so that they remain at the top of the screen when you scroll down. I'm finding this much better. I've just got to break they habit of automatically scrolling back up when I reach the bottom of the page now that I no longer have to.
Are you saying these links are placed in the bottom of the page for you, saying as you don't have to scroll back up again?

morganb
FISO Knight
FS Record: Fantasy Advent Calendar 2012 Winner; The FISODAS Cup - Season 22 Winner; Ralfbergs EPL prediction game 2013/14 winner; FISO Goals 2022

Post by morganb »

On Chrome on Android there is a fixed top bar containing a list of breadcrumbs. It stay there even if scrolled to the bottom:
Screenshot_20200308-112958.png
On this bar is your avatar, clicking this brings up a menu which appears to contain lots of useful links:
Screenshot_20200308-113152.png
Not sure if this helps?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Talkie Toaster
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Talkie Toaster »

From4corners wrote: ↑08 Mar 2020, 11:21 Good. It is really poor, sorry to say that guys. If these links were also placed at the bottom of the last post of a thread now that would work splendidly well I would say.
Talkie Toaster wrote: ↑07 Mar 2020, 21:43Is this different on phones? :? On a desktop the links are fixed in place so that they remain at the top of the screen when you scroll down. I'm finding this much better. I've just got to break they habit of automatically scrolling back up when I reach the bottom of the page now that I no longer have to.
Are you saying these links are placed in the bottom of the page for you, saying as you don't have to scroll back up again?
Not at the bottom, no. It's the same for me on a desktop as morganb's phone. The links are at the top of the screen, but they remain visible all the time so there's no need to scroll to get back to them.
Links.jpg

From4corners
FISO Jedi Knight

Post by From4corners »

Yes they remain visible on top but too high for my liking and wellbeing 😊 simply moving my thumb up while holding my hand in the same position doesn't work as my thumb/hand needs to perform an unwelcoming stretching exercise in an unwanted yoga class to reach those links.

Having these links placed at the bottom of the last post in a thread as well would be so so welcoming.

hancockjr
Dumbledore
FS Record: FPL: Not as good as it was, but still very respectable.

Post by hancockjr »

As previously, they take up a disproportionate amount of space on a phone, especially in landscape mode, no reason at all why they have to be visible all the time.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Can't find any links to allow me to change my profile etc.....

(EDIT - found a way by clicking my name on a post and going from there but there used to be a link or 2 at the top somewhere)

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

murf wrote: ↑12 Mar 2020, 16:11 Can't find any links to allow me to change my profile etc....

(EDIT - found a way by clicking my name on a post and going from there but there used to be a link or 2 at the top somewhere)
The private message link will take you there.The edit profile has gone atm :(

admin
FISO Administrator

Post by admin »

murf wrote: ↑12 Mar 2020, 16:11 Can't find any links to allow me to change my profile etc.....
You just click your icon in the very top left of the page (next to the breadcrumb links to the forum you're on and where a red number may also be flashing to show how many notifications you have) and then click on 'profile' when the new options open up across the screen.

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

admin wrote: ↑12 Mar 2020, 16:29
murf wrote: ↑12 Mar 2020, 16:11 Can't find any links to allow me to change my profile etc.....
You just click your icon in the very top left of the page (next to the breadcrumb links to the forum you're on and where a red number may also be flashing to show how many notifications you have) and then click on 'profile' when the new options open up across the screen.
Wow. Never knew that (but the cursor when you hover over it doesn't change to a pointy finger thing to make it appear clickable)

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to β€œFISO Forum News”