Eliteserien 2021

Norwegian Eliteserien Fantasy Football
Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner Fantasy Football Scotland 2021/22

Re: Eliteserien 2021

Post by Stormrider »

Bølla pinnsvin wrote: 06 Aug 2021, 12:14
Stormrider wrote: 02 Aug 2021, 14:11 Bakenga off to Japan.
Just confirmed (today). It does not say whether he leaves at once, but I'd be surprised if he plays more for Odd this season. I could really do with his services for one more GW, but must assume that this is my transfer out.

Bakenga just removed from the game. Berisha could quickly become very popular now. Wondering whether to replace Ohi with him with Ohi having Viking away, blank, Kristiansund away. But last time going without Ohi was not too successful for the GW8 crew members like me😄. Will Monitor the minutes on the weekend and the following European games.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Stormrider wrote: 07 Aug 2021, 09:49
Bakenga just removed from the game. Berisha could quickly become very popular now. Wondering whether to replace Ohi with him with Ohi having Viking away, blank, Kristiansund away. But last time going without Ohi was not too successful for the GW8 crew members like me😄. Will Monitor the minutes on the weekend and the following European games.
Yes, Bersiha is tempting. However, his next three matches are Molde (H), Vålerenga (A) and Rosenborg (H). Not ideal at all.

Islamovic (Rosenborg) is a viable alternative. Ohi (Molde) is of course also in the mix, but I wonder if he will get less minutes over the next GW's as Sigurdarson is ready for a return and Molde still has European games on their mind. Friday (Stømsgodset) has form and could well be what we're looking for. I'll also mention Lauritsen (Odd) who will be the target for their attack going forward.

As of now, Islamovic is the most likely replacement for me. But I will not make a decision before Saturday.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Well, an eventful GW is over and my RU has left the house for good with moderate success. The GW rank is good and I do climb the ranks, but it nevertheless feels like an opportunity lost. I'd be better of if RU had been played early this season, in line with my first plan and in line with many other managers.

I did put a lot into the Mjøndalen defence, a gamble obviously, but two nice home games justified the gamble. Or so I thought. I was thoroughly let down. The worst was perhaps the 17 points for Ohi which meant that those without RU would get away with very decent scores and made it difficult to gain much.

No reason to cry, there is more to do this season. Bakenga and Dessler need to go and I will use the second WC very soon.

But Eliteserien will take the backseat for a while. I will spend my spare time on the Fantasy Premier League game from now on and just do some quick updates to my team "Heimebanesår" in EPL. Not sure I'll update much in this thread, but who knows, maybe I get engaged after all.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore
FS Record: They think it's all over!

Post by Oxford NZ »

Thanks for he input so far Bolla and good luck for the rest of the season :)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Hi Bolla,

Also a big thanks for your valuable posts from my side and I really hope, you find some time to pop in from time to time and write about your further season and your thoughts.

Would be interesting to look through the numbers after the whole double gameweek party is over now but maybe at a later time. For the moment I would be interested in the opinions about the wildcard. Less so the timing - that was discussed recently and I understand MT Pocket will play the first WC now this round with Bolla, Oxford and us others soon to follow with the second wildcard. I still think I will play mine around GW18 or so; also need to think about how strong I want to attack the Stabaek / Stromsgodset BGW followed by their DGW in GW19 and 20 and whether that could be a case to play my Rich Uncle.
What I am intested in is, who to invest in. The landscape seems not that clear at the moment with a lot of good players who left. So I would like to see how the teams are doing now for the next 2, 3 gameweeks before playing the Wildcard. Jumping on Sandefjord for exampe was working great for the ones who did it last year, Stabaek after changing their coach as well this year (Edvardsen!). Could Brann be the next candidate to get good differential points with e.g. Bard Finne back?
Big in attack seems a no brainer at the moment (3 of Ohi, Berisha, Lehne Olsen, Friday, Islamovic, Udahl, Kjartansson). Double Glimt with at least one of the wingers back last game (Solbakken). How about the defence? After 10 gameweeks the optimal team most probably had had 4 defenders playing, at least if looking at points per game (Haugen, two Valerenga and Desler). New jewels in the making after all the transfer period is finished? Think it could become an interesting second half year and a well played wildcard could provide some interesting potential.

TheBigLewandowski
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: OR 1,259 2016/17

Post by TheBigLewandowski »

Good post mate, interesting times ahead. I need to get rid of Bakenga

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Another thing to consider for all us who are soon to use the WC: The best player last season (and the season before) who did not play for a club called "Bodø-Glimt" was Pellegrino. His contract in Saudi Arabia got terminated now and he is back in Norway. I'd be surprised if not all major Norwegian clubs will make enquiries in his direction. Something to watch.

Something else: Those who will WC next GW will make a transfer only for one GW. Given all the damage Ohi did last GW I'm now leaning towards Bakenga->Ohi myself. Ohi is away to Viking. Yes, I'm afraid that he will get limited minutes, but given what he did last GW it's an ever bigger fear to leave him out.

Finally: Stølås on the scoresheet last GW. Will he be back to his old self? If so he can be a big differential going forward. Ruud is also back. defence can be interesting again, but I'm happy to have one more GW to observe the performances.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks Bolla - that could be a very important one with Pellegrino. Any info why he got terminated? Just left end of last year.
On Twitter also mentioned that there are/were offers for Velde. Would be another very popular one in a lot of teams. So give it some time to monitor seems the way to go.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Stormrider wrote: 11 Aug 2021, 20:44 Thanks Bolla - that could be a very important one with Pellegrino. Any info why he got terminated? Just left end of last year.
On Twitter also mentioned that there are/were offers for Velde. Would be another very popular one in a lot of teams. So give it some time to monitor seems the way to go.
I'm not sure. But he has said that he was not satisfied, things didn't turn out as expected as the manager/trainer who got him there was removed shortly after. I'll also imagine that it would be difficult to live in SA during covid, with all the restrictions to travel this has caused.

Anyhow, he has in the past said that he would like to return to Strømsgodset (from his native city) someday. That could be a solution in the short term. But I'm cynical and assumes that money rules in the end. Maybe one of Molde, Rosenborg or Vålerenga. Just guesswork from my side.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Yes, makes sense. Molde out of Europe now as well as Valerenga unfortunately (Molde lost tonight against Trabzonspor). Wondering, whether we see some early movement with Ohi now given he's gone end of the year anyway and they currently have a 8 point lead in the table (however 1 game more played than Glimt)

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Stormrider wrote: 12 Aug 2021, 20:46 Yes, makes sense. Molde out of Europe now as well as Valerenga unfortunately (Molde lost tonight against Trabzonspor). Wondering, whether we see some early movement with Ohi now given he's gone end of the year anyway and they currently have a 8 point lead in the table (however 1 game more played than Glimt)
Good comment! Sigurdarson is back for Molde so they don't have the same urge to play Ohi every week. Maybe they are willing to let him go if they get a proper compensation. Sigurdarson is another factor complicating my choice for forward this GW. As stated, I find it difficult to leave Ohi out of the team against a Viking who has weaknesses in defence. But his minutes? I had the same discussion with myself last GW and Ohi made a point in the end.

Ohi played most of the euro match, but was subbed shortly before extra time when Sigurdarson came in. Sigurdarson was credited with the equaliser in the dying seconds of the game. They played another 30 minutes before it was settled by penalty shoot-out. Molde lost.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

First time this season I owned Ohi and did make him the captain after his brilliant score in the previous GW. I wish I listened to my own words of caution and had done something else.

A terrible GW for me, but luckily the average score is not high.

WC says hello.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Bølla pinnsvin wrote: 16 Aug 2021, 08:52
A terrible GW for me, but luckily the average score is not high.

WC says hello.
and the same for me :roll:
Good luck with the WC, I will be playing WC in both Eliteserien and FPL very soon.

MTPockets
Treebeard

Post by MTPockets »

Awful wildcard round.
Didn't even qualify for the cup

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Rumours in media: Pellegrino will sign for Bodø-Glimt for the rest of the season. Not confirmed.

I'm on WC and would love to see this happen before the deadline. He won't be cheap and those not on WC will struggle to include him.

Btw, I wonder what to do with Molde players. Expensive, BGW 16 and rotation will continue -> not sure they are worth it. But some will score big from that team almost every other GW.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

From the web:

Midfielder Rafik Zekhnini, Sampdoria -> Molde (how many attacking midfielders do they need in Molde? Are they trying to copy ManC?)

Forward Moses Mawa, Strømsgodset -> Kristiandsund (not confirmed)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Yes, Pellegrino an interesting one and good to still have a wildcard at hand. On second thought (ffirst I thought, that could be a big change) may had opted for 2 Glimt in midfield any way, so Pellegrino would basically replace Saltnes in a virtual "after double double gw-team".
Good luck with the wildcard for the ones playing it this week!

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

And yes, was wondering the same about the Molde players. Especially Haugen. Given we will all wildcard in the coming weeks could be interesting to share some thoughts. Will post something later today

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Pellegrino confirmed at B/G. This is pretty big news in ESF context.
I wonder what price he gets. 12?
Also a question if he plays next Sunday.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

12 could be - same as Ohi and would give a bit of a challenge how to spread the budget. Also - he could easily / should be on pens given he quite a good quote at Kristiansund and Berg just missed two pens in the span of a week? Is killing Saltnes as an option given his steep price and also makes Berg much less attractive, if he loses the penalties again? Was my next transfer target but now may need to wait and monitor the Glimt situation.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Pellegrino added now for 12.0 mio. That’s a tough one.

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Defender Martin Linnes, Galatasaray -> Molde
Added at 6,0 in the game

And Zekhnini in at 8,0

I do think I'll leave those two out on my WC.

But Pellegrino.... may have to get him in right away. It would be in stead of Saltnes, if I do this.

Oxford NZ
Dumbledore

Post by Oxford NZ »

Got Pellegrino in and still have 1.7 itb.
Holding off on the WC for at least a week due to FISO admin commitments.
Good luck guys :)

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Oxford NZ wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 01:46 Got Pellegrino in and still have 1.7 itb.
Holding off on the WC for at least a week due to FISO admin commitments.
Good luck guys :)
Great to have Wolff Eikrem as a cash cow :). You plan to let go another of your Molde players or try to squeeze through like this for gw16?

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Here something probably of interest for the wildcarders - point per game and point per game per million after GWs 10 and 15 (obviously teams had different amount of games played in the gw10 charts with the double double just recently):

Goalkeeper:
GK_10.JPG
GK_15.JPG

Defender:
DEF_10.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Defender GW15:
DEF_15.JPG

Midfielder:
MID_10.JPG
MID_15.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Forward:
FWD_10_0.5.JPG
FWD_15_0.5.JPG

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Have just finished crunching the numbers for after GW15 and not had time to look at it deeper yet, especially what team could I afford with Pellegrino now a must as I would assume. But some things seem rather stable although there were changes in some of the number:

- McDermott seems the Martinez of Eliteserien. Gets a lot of shots to stop; is good in holding penalties.
- Midfield: a double up of the Sandefjord wingers seems the way to go; should have spotted that before :x . Bot in regards to points per game but also value
- Big in attack seems the way this season; the value (point per game per mio) seems very high? Probably interesting to compare that with FPL where the value normally lies with the defence/cheap midfielders
- Till GW10 a four at the back also seemed the way to go (and I doubt, many did that). After GW15 now the ppg seem less impressive, but still this could be a way of bringing on Pellegrino. Much depends on how Valerenga will present themselves - whether Borch still is this "point monster" for example. That's also why I would rather want to wait 2 or so more GW's to see how all teams are in form now
- Midfield: rather low on value - don't think I would jump of 5 midfielders playing every round; potentially a good rotation if the money is there

Other pattern you see?

Bølla pinnsvin
FISOhead

Post by Bølla pinnsvin »

Stormrider wrote: 18 Aug 2021, 10:15
Other pattern you see?
Thanks Stormrider!

I agree with your assessments to a large degree.

I'm never able to trust Sandefjord. I'm impressed with what they have achieved over the last couple of seasons, but I always think that it will have to end. I'm taking one of their midfielders, don't dare to pick two. I think.

defence: I may take four attacking defenders in the end. Borchgrevink (VIF) looks good again. Dahl Reitan and Andersson (RBK) are both good candidates, but I'm only picking one. I also like Bjørkan (BG), Strand Nilsen (Kristiansund) and Totland (Tromsø). Then we have Haugen (Molde), an attacking force, but minutes could be an issue. Finally, two dark horses in Ruud (Odd) and Stølås (Haugesund).
There will at least be one dirt cheap defender in my team.

Midfield: Pellegrino is the big temptation and will dictate how much I can spend on forwards. I may take two fairly inexpensive midfielders and rotate with a cheap forward. Not sure. But it's difficult to ignore choices like Mikkelsen (Tromsø) and Jonsson (Sandefjord). And there are plenty of candidates in the 6-7 range as well. I've also got Velde (Haugesund) and it's likely that I'll keep him.

Forwards: Ohi (Molde) has been the big player and he has unfortunately not been part of my team. I wonder if it's too late for me now. It's tricky to choose him on a WC when he blanks this weekend. More forwards have been doing great and I'd like to have some good options there and also keep some funds so I can get to Ohi or Berisha (Viking) without too much damage. Lehne Olsen (Lillestrøm) looks good. Friday (Strømsgodset) can be an option. I like Wadji (Haugesund), but they have added plenty of attacking force and not sure he will be an obvious forward for 90 minutes. Lauritsen (Odd) could be a good move (soon). Two left-field options: Heggebø (Brann) and Kirkevold (Stabæk).

Any other candidates we should have in mind?

Stormrider
Grumpy Old Man

Post by Stormrider »

Agree with your choices, Bolla. There could be a great enaber or two introducing themselves over the coming gameweeks, usually especially from teams fighting against the relegation I would assume. Besides - Brann you would assume cannot get worse but only better - just that the points seem quite spread there.

Molde - I myself would keep Ohi, unlesss we clearly see that they are starting to cut down on his minutes to give more play time to the other forwards. Although you don't have much value tied up with him so I wee why you would start without. Mjondalen in GW18 seems the time to definitely jump back to him. Haugen - not sure neither whether I will keep him. He can bring home huge points and not regularly starting was ok for me but now he is brought on rather often for cameos, mostly when they are trailing but not only. For that he's too expensive. Will probably keep him till my WC but then he could be gone. Looks a bit like Risa is preferred now, at least slightly?

Sandefjord: one thing I have missed in my game is doubling up when there is a good situation. Best example is exactly Sandefjord, where Storevik definitely was a big factor for me climbing up the ranks in the final phase of last season but instead of also snapping up Jonsson who was getting big points as well, I saw that more of a competition between the two. Doubling up had been the right move. I feel, this season it is the same with the two wingers. You never know, who of the two is getting the points but one usually is getting some :). They have 18 attacking returns between the two, this from 21 goals Sandefjord scored to date (8th in the league as a team). This would be my case for the duo anyway :).

Looking at a possible WC team, I could afford this at the moment:
Possible WC GW16.JPG
or, 0.2 short this, if I want to keep my midfield:
Possible WC GW16_2.JPG

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Eliteserien Fantasy”