View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

GW23 captain pole

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).

GW23 Captain

Poll ended at 18 Jan 2020, 18:01

Abraham
1
1%
Aguero
15
12%
Alli
0
No votes
De Bruyne
59
46%
Calvert - Lewin
0
No votes
Cantwell
0
No votes
Drinkwater
0
No votes
Firmino
1
1%
Harry Wilson
1
1%
Ings
3
2%
Jesus
0
No votes
Jimenez
0
No votes
Maddison
0
No votes
Mahrez
1
1%
Mane
4
3%
Martial
0
No votes
Pukki
0
No votes
Rashford
0
No votes
Richarlison
0
No votes
Salah
9
7%
Son
0
No votes
Sterling
13
10%
Vardy
18
14%
Wood
0
No votes
Other
2
2%
 
Total votes: 127

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2588
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: Alien abduction rumour starter 2019, BTTS winner season 18-19 FISO H2H Conference winner season 17-18

GW23 captain pole

Post by Oxford NZ » 14 Jan 2020, 18:01

I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Last edited by Oxford NZ on 14 Jan 2020, 18:23, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 14 Jan 2020, 18:15

Sterling Captain and KDB or Vardy Vice

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 14 Jan 2020, 18:17

Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:01
I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang 😉

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🤣

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2588
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: Alien abduction rumour starter 2019, BTTS winner season 18-19 FISO H2H Conference winner season 17-18

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Oxford NZ » 14 Jan 2020, 18:22

Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:17
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:01
I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang 😉

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🤣
The perils of copy and paste :oops: :roll:

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 14 Jan 2020, 18:26

Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:22
Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:17
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:01
I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang 😉

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🤣
The perils of copy and paste :oops: :roll:
This was why i never did the poll, there always someone complaining 🤷‍♂️🤣

User avatar
megadyl
FISOhead
Posts: 806
Joined: 13 May 2008, 17:15
Location: Sheffield

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by megadyl » 14 Jan 2020, 19:30

KDB (c) Mane (vc)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 14368
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by From4corners » 14 Jan 2020, 19:32

Same as previous week: Kun, Salah vice

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 74171
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by blahblah » 14 Jan 2020, 21:03

Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:26
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:22
Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:17
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:01
I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang 😉

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🤣
The perils of copy and paste :oops: :roll:
This was why i never did the poll, there always someone complaining 🤷‍♂️🤣
What does you doing polls have to do with posters moaning at you?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 14 Jan 2020, 21:32

blahblah wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 21:03
Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:26
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:22
Stevieste wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:17
Oxford NZ wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 18:01
I have no idea yet. Stevieste is on Sterling :P who seems to be a viable pick if he starts against Palace but may of us have sold him.
Good luck and may the best captain win 8-)
Id be surprised if anyone went for the suspended Aubameyang 😉

That could still get the same amount of points as my Sterling selection though 🤣
The perils of copy and paste :oops: :roll:
This was why i never did the poll, there always someone complaining 🤷‍♂️🤣
What does you doing polls have to do with posters moaning at you?
Hope you Aguero captain choice this week get Pep’d now Blah 😉🤣

Goooo Rickie
Treebeard
Posts: 108
Joined: 06 Aug 2016, 21:08

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Goooo Rickie » 14 Jan 2020, 22:13

Think I'll be going Sterling... (again) :shock:

He has to play this week, surely Pep can't bench him for a 3rd straight league game!!?

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 14 Jan 2020, 22:52

Goooo Rickie wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 22:13
Think I'll be going Sterling... (again) :shock:

He has to play this week, surely Pep can't bench him for a 3rd straight league game!!?
Go on Rickie, its our week this one 😳

User avatar
DavidLloydIsAHero
FISOhead
Posts: 689
Joined: 02 Aug 2018, 09:07
FS Record: 2014/15 1757th FPL
Formerly David Luiz Is A Hero

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by DavidLloydIsAHero » 14 Jan 2020, 23:44

Am I really the only one on Mane?

Don't see Palace rolling over for City like Villa did and I think pool could do a number on Utd

User avatar
Oxford NZ
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2588
Joined: 06 Jan 2017, 03:35
FS Record: Alien abduction rumour starter 2019, BTTS winner season 18-19 FISO H2H Conference winner season 17-18

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Oxford NZ » 15 Jan 2020, 06:56

I do not own Mane as I went for the TAA, Robertson and Salah option but I think re GW23 Salah is in better form than Mane and could get some points playing at home to United. Mane or Salah are valid options this week along with the City strike force and anyone playing Newcastle or Villa.
Still undecided so may switch off and just plump for Abraham to add some extra spice if I get to see the game.

wahine
Grumpy Cat
Posts: 1163
Joined: 01 Jul 2009, 07:58
Location: NEW ZEALAND
FS Record: ♀️ 10/11 FPL 1,444th - FISODAS Champion season 24- Winner FISO First Draft 18-19

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by wahine » 15 Jan 2020, 07:26

I can not see a reason to take the armband off Aguero. vcKDB

User avatar
Noobking
Treebeard
Posts: 144
Joined: 20 Aug 2015, 18:56

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Noobking » 15 Jan 2020, 07:42

Aguero (KdB)

Roope
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 301
Joined: 26 Apr 2015, 11:20

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Roope » 15 Jan 2020, 07:42

KDB (C) I think. Salah (VC). Would put the band on Aguero if I owned him.

Newfounder
Treebeard
Posts: 128
Joined: 10 Sep 2015, 10:19
FS Record: poor, I always seem to finish nearer the bottom than the top

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Newfounder » 15 Jan 2020, 08:03

What about Connolly? (home villa). :lol: oh ok Aguero (c) Salah (vc)

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 15 Jan 2020, 09:22

KDB so far out in front is a surprise, he is one of the ones im expecting pep to rest this week.

Ive took Vice off him personally because of it also.

Sterling C Vardy V

Caf
FISOhead
Posts: 755
Joined: 30 Mar 2016, 21:17
FS Record: Mostly 250k finishes!

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Caf » 15 Jan 2020, 11:46

I'll be looking for Vardy to continue his 100% rate of returning when I captain him.

Incidentally, Sterling's rate is 16.67% :)

From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 14368
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by From4corners » 15 Jan 2020, 12:07

Stevieste wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 09:22
KDB so far out in front is a surprise, he is one of the ones im expecting pep to rest this week.
Surely it would have been the Villa game where Pep would have rested him from the get go. KDB is much more needed against a well-drilled Palace/Hodgson team.

User avatar
Bixer
FISOhead
Posts: 596
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 09:37

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Bixer » 15 Jan 2020, 12:25

Vardy's only not returned in 2 of his last 14 appearances.

I'm surprised he's not more popular too.

User avatar
TheRumourMill
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 372
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 23:15
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by TheRumourMill » 15 Jan 2020, 12:36

KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.

User avatar
Highlander12
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 438
Joined: 18 Oct 2017, 18:00

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Highlander12 » 15 Jan 2020, 12:37

Suprised to see Salah and Mane so low. Salah (c) Mane (vc) at the moment.

User avatar
xJosh-
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 390
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 22:54

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by xJosh- » 15 Jan 2020, 13:23

TheRumourMill wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 12:36
KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.
Completely agree that he will start. He's had a weeks rest and was taken off early as you've said. He himself will be saying hes fine to start, better to start him and win the game and then take him off than start without him go 1-0 down and bring him on to chase the game later. The question for me is whether hes the better option or not for me. Vardy is on pens etc but Leicester just haven't been at it lately and their game is away. I think the problem is more Ndidis injury leaving the back 4 more exposed, which affects Maddison & co which in turn affects Vardy. KDB on current form can haul virtually any game and City are flying atm.

User avatar
Joccki_10
Grumpy Old Joker
Posts: 8341
Joined: 26 Dec 2015, 11:20
FS Record: 16/17: 55 OR, 1 FISO Forum, 1 NLD and FISO Cup Winner

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Joccki_10 » 15 Jan 2020, 13:55

Agüero if I bring him in. De Bruyne if not.

User avatar
TheRumourMill
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 372
Joined: 03 Dec 2017, 23:15
FS Record: FPL: Similar to Everton - haven't cracked the top 10k glass ceiling yet, neither have I had and sub 500k shockers either!
International tournaments: Better, 11k in WC 2018 and top 1000 way back at Euro 2012!

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by TheRumourMill » 15 Jan 2020, 14:05

xJosh- wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 13:23
TheRumourMill wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 12:36
KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.
Completely agree that he will start. He's had a weeks rest and was taken off early as you've said. He himself will be saying hes fine to start, better to start him and win the game and then take him off than start without him go 1-0 down and bring him on to chase the game later. The question for me is whether hes the better option or not for me. Vardy is on pens etc but Leicester just haven't been at it lately and their game is away. I think the problem is more Ndidis injury leaving the back 4 more exposed, which affects Maddison & co which in turn affects Vardy. KDB on current form can haul virtually any game and City are flying atm.
I agree with you regarding the KDB strategy. They tried the "bench him and bring him on if needed" strategy against Norwich and look how that turned out!

There's a lot of words to that effect being said about Leicester and Vardy recently, but they did have to play City and Liverpool back to back, then they rested their entire squad against West Ham, which was bound to affect their performance (they won anyway), and then Vardy was out injured for a week (a week in which they smashed Newcastle 3-0 without him). So on the face of it, it looks like they and he have dropped off a cliff in terms of performances over the last 5 weeks but if you look under the hood there are mitigating circumstances and explanations for why.

I do agree though that Ndidi is a big miss, he's a very underrated player and in my opinion almost as good as Kante.

Looking at Burnley, at home to decent opposition this season they read:

Liverpool, lost 3-0
Chelsea, lost 4-2
Man City, lost 4-1
Man Utd, lost 2-0

Not good, averaging 3 goals conceded per game.

Away from home its a similar story:

Away to Arsenal, lost 2-1
Away to Leicester, lost 2-1
Away to Spurs, lost 5-0
Away to Chelsea, lost 3-0

Again, 3 goals conceded per match.

there's a mounting body of evidence that they can't defend against decent attacking outfits.

User avatar
Bixer
FISOhead
Posts: 596
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 09:37

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Bixer » 15 Jan 2020, 14:42

Palace haven't conceded more than a single goal in a game since November 23rd against Liverpool. They've only conceded more than two goals in a game once this whole season - way back in September away at Tottenham.

You'd put your money on City of course, but I'm not necessarily sure I'd be expecting another drubbing like against Villa.

User avatar
xJosh-
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 390
Joined: 27 Jul 2017, 22:54

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by xJosh- » 15 Jan 2020, 15:05

TheRumourMill wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 14:05
xJosh- wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 13:23
TheRumourMill wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 12:36
KDB isn't going to be rested. He was taken off early against Villa with the game won in order to save his legs for this game and the Sheffield United match. The worst that will happen is that he's taken off somewhere between 60 mins and 75 mins against Palace if the game is won.

Either way, I think Vardy is the better captain this week. Burnley's defence is far worse than Palace's, and neither do Burnley press and constrict teams like Southampton can and did, so I don't see Leicester being as outplayed as they were last week. I also think Vardy is guaranteed to play 90 mins, and has penalties too, both of which KDB does not.
Completely agree that he will start. He's had a weeks rest and was taken off early as you've said. He himself will be saying hes fine to start, better to start him and win the game and then take him off than start without him go 1-0 down and bring him on to chase the game later. The question for me is whether hes the better option or not for me. Vardy is on pens etc but Leicester just haven't been at it lately and their game is away. I think the problem is more Ndidis injury leaving the back 4 more exposed, which affects Maddison & co which in turn affects Vardy. KDB on current form can haul virtually any game and City are flying atm.
I agree with you regarding the KDB strategy. They tried the "bench him and bring him on if needed" strategy against Norwich and look how that turned out!

There's a lot of words to that effect being said about Leicester and Vardy recently, but they did have to play City and Liverpool back to back, then they rested their entire squad against West Ham, which was bound to affect their performance (they won anyway), and then Vardy was out injured for a week (a week in which they smashed Newcastle 3-0 without him). So on the face of it, it looks like they and he have dropped off a cliff in terms of performances over the last 5 weeks but if you look under the hood there are mitigating circumstances and explanations for why.

I do agree though that Ndidi is a big miss, he's a very underrated player and in my opinion almost as good as Kante.

Looking at Burnley, at home to decent opposition this season they read:

Liverpool, lost 3-0
Chelsea, lost 4-2
Man City, lost 4-1
Man Utd, lost 2-0

Not good, averaging 3 goals conceded per game.

Away from home its a similar story:

Away to Arsenal, lost 2-1
Away to Leicester, lost 2-1
Away to Spurs, lost 5-0
Away to Chelsea, lost 3-0

Again, 3 goals conceded per match.

there's a mounting body of evidence that they can't defend against decent attacking outfits.
All v good points. Probably edging me to make the swap
Bixer wrote:
15 Jan 2020, 14:42
Palace haven't conceded more than a single goal in a game since November 23rd against Liverpool. They've only conceded more than two goals in a game once this whole season - way back in September away at Tottenham.

You'd put your money on City of course, but I'm not necessarily sure I'd be expecting another drubbing like against Villa.
I do agree it probably wont be a drubbing but as you said if there is one its likely to be City that do it to the,. From memory we more often beat Palace but its not normally comfortable but idk KDB in this form at home after a week off. Even if he just scores a goal id be happy. I cant see Vardy hauling either idk why. That said everyone in my mini leagues have Vardy and the few chasing me don't have KDB so it makes sense to captain Vardy along with them and then just take the KDB points as bonus on top.

Magic
FISOhead
Posts: 560
Joined: 16 Jul 2017, 08:29
FS Record: Improving

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Magic » 15 Jan 2020, 15:11

KdB is in no danger of sliding down the pole :lol:

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 4047
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW23 captain pole

Post by Stevieste » 15 Jan 2020, 16:56

With Pep in charge nobody can say who is guaranteed to start and who is not, its all guess work.

Many times pep has brought someone off early and they not played in the next game.

Sterling and Bilva will not be on the bench again, so who drops from the team as someone has to 🤷‍♂️

Mahrez and Jesus is possible, but i really not be surprised to see Foden start and KDB rested when there at home and not away to Norwich.

Time will tell i guess

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], GrapeshotCrawler, Majestic-12 [Bot], TFO and 13 guests