To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Amended Overhaul Window

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
Striker
FISO Knight

Amended Overhaul Window

Post by Striker »

Overhaul Alert!

Given that the rearranged Liverpool-West Ham game is now in the middle of the original overhaul I emailed to find out if the new overhaul was going to start as originally planned and end with the Liverpool-West Ham kick off or start after that game and end as originally planned. Apparently it is the latter. So now we only have Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning (Feb 1st) to make our changes.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Re: Amended Overhaul Window

Post by Johnners »

Good thinking, Striker. Thanks for the heads-up!

Their Rules/Help section still says that the second Overhaul period will open after the final match of game week 24 (Thursday 23rd January) and remain so until the first kick-off of game week 26.

Hopefully they'll make this clear before all and sundry begin merrily transferring in the entire Liverpool team, in the mistaken belief that the West Ham match is a free-for-all.

Toffeeman
FISOhead
FS Record: 49th YTM 2008/2009, 63 TFC 2011,T3 SDT Nov Premium Monthly

Post by Toffeeman »

That would make sense imo, however I don't think they have a clue what is going on, as it appears that they have also confirmed that it stands.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Toffeeman wrote: 30 Dec 2019, 18:28 That would make sense imo, however I don't think they have a clue what is going on, as it appears that they have also confirmed that it stands.
My post above based on an email from them points out that they've made a clear decision. So what's the basis for saying that they don't have a clue when they've specified in writing what the amended window will be.

Presumably in due course they will put the info on the game site. I was just trying to help by giving Fiso-ers an early heads up. But if it confuses you, I won't bother next time. :wink:

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

It doesn't confuse me David, and i can't see anywhere in my post where you could feel that I am indicating that its not a helpful post.

I was just pointing out that sky have also confirmed (albeit via chat conversations) that the original date stands.

I can't see how it can stand but at the moment we're getting contradicting information.

Maybe Dan can get some clarity ?

Gary

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

isn't it still run by GFM david, who effectively have had no real oppo in ruining games since absorbing not so clever.tv & OFL effectively ceasing to be a player?

the same guys that have made a number of errors in recent times. including the wrong rules for the last finished torygraph cricket comp leagues?

i don't think the other guys are wrong in querying the position as i don't think you can trust GFM personally and one person's say so doesn't prove anything.

If you believe they know what they are doing then these are the rules that are published as of now 'The second Overhaul period will open after the final match of game week 24. The Overhaul will remain open for the whole of game week 25 and up until the first kick off of game week 26 due to be on 1st February.'

so this means that the window should be open 'AFTER' the rescheduled hammered v pool game now in gw 24. you would now according to the rules be able to change your team completely before the gw 25 begins on sat 1 feb then again on sun 2 feb. then back again before gw 26 on sat 8 feb. although it does add erroneously just to add to the confusion that gw 26 starts on 1 feb rather than 8 feb.

i suspect you will be proven right david but would check to see if unlimited trannies are enabled after thurs 23 jan in any case. i suspect my edited rules are correct 'The second Overhaul period will open after the final match of game week 24. The Overhaul will remain open UNTIL game week 25 due to be on 1st February.'

That said i make no guarantees as we are left guessing due to their failure to make rules clear and correct and a justifiable concern that they will not keep to their rules in any case.

Last season for instance i was told by shybet that the comp was nothing to do with them but despite having a running bet on this comp my access to it was closed without warning and not reopened again until after a deadline had passed. something that the parties involved must have known about.

I think you are being a bit unfair to others in expecting them to take your e-mail as proof of the rules even though my best guess is that you are correct.

with no oppo now there simply isnt the same pressure on GFM to do a good job on these games.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

12345678 wrote: 31 Dec 2019, 08:03 I think you are being a bit unfair to others in expecting them to take your e-mail as proof of the rules even though my best guess is that you are correct.
Me, unfair, never. :wink:

Although there is a small chance that they will change their minds, we know from experience that responses from "chatting" to games organisers is the most unreliable way of getting accurate information. So that you can go ahead and plan your own aoverhaul on the basis of 99% correct info. the full text of the relevant paragraph was as follows;

"Due to the West Ham v Liverpool game been rescheduled to take part in game week 25, the next Overhaul period will not start after this game has been played, not after the end of game week 24 as originally planned. If you make any transfers for that game, it will be taken from your seasonal allocation of 40 transfers. You need to wait until the orange overhaul banner is shown on your team page to alert you that overhaul period has begun but it won't be before that respective game is played".

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

glad to hear you are confident they know what they are doing david.

from the rules that i posted above;

'The second Overhaul period will open after the final match of game week 24. The Overhaul will remain open for the whole of game week 25 and up until the first kick off of game week 26 due to be on 1st February.'

This is pretty clear but contradictory and not possible. second guessing as logically as i can it means it opens AFTER the hammered v pool game and reopens on 1st feb before gw 25 starts.

However per your relevant piece;

'Due to the West Ham v Liverpool game been rescheduled to take part in game week 25, the next Overhaul period WILL NOT START after this game has been played, not after the end of game week 24 as originally planned'

according to this they have no idea what they are doing as they have not actually said at all, simply told you when it 'will not start' which is when i assume it will start??? it also says nothing about when it closes :lol: :lol: :lol:

i think my interpretation is likely, not sure if you agree so just a couple of days or so for the overhaul?

there can be no doubt though surely that as written the rules are both contradictory and impossible therefore to be correct and the reply to you equally inept and we are left guessing what the hell they are doing again unless like the cosy old days of SDT where friends were 'tipped off' that one of them lets on. that said i've known sdt to have no clue what the programmers have done and the rules be as much of a surprise to them as us! :lol:

i rather suspect that is the case here and we simply need the unlimited trannies to appear and disappear which makes planning a wee bit tricky ;)

on that note happy new year!

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

I received the same response as David via e mail yesterday to an e mail I sent before the original post.

The reason I originally posted was that there were chat conversations posted on Twitter which were later than Davids post

I think it's the sensible option as it makes no sense to allow a free for all for the pool, hammers game.

Strangely they did ask if I wished to be removed from the game to stop any further upset :shock:

My e mail only asked if the timing would change given the rearranged game, no mention of anything else at all

Gary

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

yep about sums up where we are at with seasonal fantasy games, anyone who isn't prepared to put up with poorly run games, would you like to be removed so our foul ups no longer upset you :lol:

whilst i have gradually played more daily/weekend stuff this is the first year where more than 50% of time is spent on those games. i'd much rather play seasonal games but they are too poorly run.

thinking of dropping a couple more seasonal games completely next year if i am honest.

has been very sad seeing those running the games ruining them then blaming falling numbers on lack of interest!

fpl is the best run game, unsurprisingly it is also the most popular, instead of aspiring to their standards we just see games run on the basis we can't compete are gonna get paid anyways, no real oppo, so lets give it the least care and attention that we can get away with!

back on topic i assume our best guess is that the window opens after the hammered/pool game and closes before the following gameweek (i.e. the next game) a few days later.

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Overhaul now 2-8th feb

Toffeeman
FISOhead

Post by Toffeeman »

Thanks Dan,

Wasn't expecting that tbh.

Gary

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

have to admit that seems a pretty sensible and clear cut solution.

unfortunate they have to muck about so much and only come up with a sensible and clear solution after taking some stick!

bottom line is i guess that they have arrived at a decent solution.

Striker
FISO Knight

Post by Striker »

Apologies for the OP. Clearly I'm not cynical enough. :oops: I accept 12345678's argument that some games are poorly run, but I didn't think that GFM would send me an apparently solid detailed response to my query before thinking through the whole thing and checking with their client (Sky), and subsequently take a totally different course of action. So as not to be totally negative, they did send me an apology today. Not all FF organisers do this!

mad dog
Dumbledog
FS Record: Sky Winner 16/17

Post by mad dog »

Toffeeman wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 14:44 Thanks Dan,

Wasn't expecting that tbh.

Gary
Nope me neither. Thought it would be 23rd to 29th.

Dumbledore

Post by 12345678 »

Striker wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 17:05 Apologies for the OP. Clearly I'm not cynical enough. :oops: I accept 12345678's argument that some games are poorly run, but I didn't think that GFM would send me an apparently solid detailed response to my query before thinking through the whole thing and checking with their client (Sky), and subsequently take a totally different course of action. So as not to be totally negative, they did send me an apology today. Not all FF organisers do this!
you are too young and trusting mate :wink:

fwiw i would have done the overhaul between 8pm on 29th and 1230 on 1st but can totally sympathise and understand their decision to do it this way, even if i don't sympathise with a lot else they do :lol:

the greatest
Treebeard

Post by the greatest »

When are you going to appear on the leaderboard, 12345678?!

rodduz
FISOhead

Post by rodduz »

Am I right in thinking the overhaul window is after next wednesdays game until the Saturday?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

get_on_my_cocker
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Won many company leagues, and nearly won TFFO back in the day. Also managed Carra's team to success in Sky FF

Post by get_on_my_cocker »

mad dog wrote: 02 Jan 2020, 11:07 Overhaul now 2-8th feb

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Sorry if I'm being dense. Website says "overhaul opens 1 day". Does anyone know please what time this will be on Saturday 1 February? :? :?:

Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando /parkrunning
FS Record: 21 cash league wins. CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.

Post by Brightwater »

Still showing "1 day". I will have to use a transfer to replace Mane.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”