To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

GW12 Captains

A forum for news and discussion on SkySports Fantasy Football. Both Football365 and TeamTalk used to feed into this game.
itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: ?

GW12 Captains

Post by itslikebrandnew »

T1
Fri - Vardy
Sat - Sterling
Sun - Pepe

T2
Fri - Vardy
Sat - Sterling
Sun - Pepe

Had to bring Sterling in after his midweek performance at the expense of Aubameyang.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Re: GW12 Captains

Post by Jimbo20 »

So in your opinion Sterling is underperforming and out of form but your taking him out for Aubameyang who is at home to Palace tomorrow and has 7 goals this season. Am i missing something here? :shock:

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Jimbo20 wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 12:48 So in your opinion Sterling is underperforming and out of form but your taking him out for Aubameyang who is at home to Palace tomorrow and has 7 goals this season. Am i missing something here? :shock:
Form comes and goes and who else am i going to captain today......a man city player who's on the bench?

I'm asuming Lacazette is back tomorrow so not so keen on Aubameyang and i have Pepe.

So tell me which two captains you'd rather go with

Mahrez and Aubameyang or Sterling and Pepe?

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Lacazette started the Europa League game so surely Aubameyang starts tomorrow. I wouldn't be wasting a transfer taking out an inform player who plays tomorrow anyway. Did you not have a Chelsea player you could of captained?

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I have Abraham but my worry is Sterling could be a 40pointer today and anyone else in my team wouldn't get more than 14 as captain.

I also think having 2 Arsenal premiums was a mistake and my premiums should be spread between teams to allow them double points as captain.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Sterling could get big points but he could also get 2 points and then that will be a transfer wasted and no Aubameyang points tomorrow. Iv gone Abraham captain in my best,not 100 percent confident he will start tonight,thinking i should of gone for De Bruyne now.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

Abraham 10pts captain v Sterling 20pts captain

Aubameyang 4pts captain v Pepe 8pts captain

So it's a net gain for that transfer but i think for it to be a worthwhile transfer i'll need the same again next week.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

I'd agree with Jimbo's comments in the sense that most of the time it doesn't feel right taking out a player who hasn't played yet and backwards transfers are often a gamble. However, given your previous decision a while back to show Sterling the door, it looks like you made the best of the situation this weekend by bringing him back.

Very well done on the Vardy captaincy too, as I had to make do with just the 20 from Soyuncu.

itslikebrandnew
Grumpy Old Man

I agree, i really don't like backwards transfers and i very rarely do them. It just made sense to me that i needed a Man City striker and that with Lacazette back Aubameyang wouldn't play down the middle. The front 3 for me has been a struggle as there's so much choice compared to previous years.

Thanks, yep i bought Vardy in targetting him for captain against Newcastle and Soton and he hasn't let me down. It looks like i now i have to keep him for a while longer than i planned. Soyuncu wasn't a bad captain to have, 20pts for a captain on any other day would of been really good. In fact if you factor in a transfer is worth 20pts then you've not really lost anything against those that bought Vardy in. Against a 40pt haul that's a cracking result.

Jimbo20
FISOhead

Post by Jimbo20 »

Aubamyang 9 Points v Sterling 1 Point.
I make that -8 for the Sterling transfer.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “SkySports Fantasy Football”