View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

GW 9 wildcard

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by the Premierleague (FPL).
yttod1010
FISOhead
Posts: 945
Joined: 09 Aug 2015, 10:37

GW 9 wildcard

Post by yttod1010 » 05 Oct 2019, 18:47

It’s time my team is abysmal

Minus Four
Cheetah
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 14:51

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Minus Four » 05 Oct 2019, 19:23

I'm going for it. Pukki seems to have run out of steam, poor Pool fixtures, optimizing team structure and cleaning possible international injuries.

Pre WC, £3.1 ITB:

Pope 4.0
TAA Robbo Zinc Lund Rico
Sterling Mane Mahrez McGinn Cantwell
Abra Pukki 4.4

After WC, £0.0 ITB:

Gazza 4.0
TAA Soy Lund Rico 3.9
Sterling KDB Mahrez Mount Cantwell
Auba Callum Abra

Thoughts?

Resonare
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1989
Joined: 28 Dec 2015, 12:14

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Resonare » 05 Oct 2019, 19:34

If Mo's injured I'll have to consider it.

MHiggi
FISOhead
Posts: 881
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by MHiggi » 05 Oct 2019, 20:06

An early draft for the long break:

Pope - McGovern
TAA - Tomori - Soyuncu - Dunk - Lundstram
Mane - Sterling - Maddison - Cantwell - Saka
Aubameyang - Vardy - Abraham
Last edited by MHiggi on 05 Oct 2019, 20:42, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2180
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stevieste » 05 Oct 2019, 20:30

Minus Four wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 19:23
I'm going for it. Pukki seems to have run out of steam, poor Pool fixtures, optimizing team structure and cleaning possible international injuries.

Pre WC, £3.1 ITB:

Pope 4.0
TAA Robbo Zinc Lund Rico
Sterling Mane Mahrez McGinn Cantwell
Abra Pukki 4.4

After WC, £0.0 ITB:

Gazza 4.0
TAA Soy Lund Rico 3.9
Sterling KDB Mahrez Mount Cantwell
Auba Callum Abra

Thoughts?
Cantwell = Gundouzi or Saka
Mount = Hudson Odi
3.9 to Taylor 4.2

Just food for thought

Minus Four
Cheetah
Posts: 4
Joined: 26 Aug 2019, 14:51

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Minus Four » 05 Oct 2019, 21:04

Stevieste wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 20:30
Minus Four wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 19:23
I'm going for it. Pukki seems to have run out of steam, poor Pool fixtures, optimizing team structure and cleaning possible international injuries.

Pre WC, £3.1 ITB:

Pope 4.0
TAA Robbo Zinc Lund Rico
Sterling Mane Mahrez McGinn Cantwell
Abra Pukki 4.4

After WC, £0.0 ITB:

Gazza 4.0
TAA Soy Lund Rico 3.9
Sterling KDB Mahrez Mount Cantwell
Auba Callum Abra

Thoughts?
Cantwell = Gundouzi or Saka
Mount = Hudson Odi
3.9 to Taylor 4.2

Just food for thought
Good shouts. These could allow Wilson to Vardy after Watford(h). Have no clue about the expected gametime of Saka and CHO in the near future though.

User avatar
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
Posts: 26537
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 08:12
Location: West Midlands.
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Spinynorman » 05 Oct 2019, 21:22

I'm going for it.

Previously:

Lloris

Tomori
Robertson
Otamendi

Mount
Salah
Son
Sterling
Cantwell

Abraham
Pukki

Button
Diop
Rico
Wickham

Currently:

Pope
Gazzaniga

Rico
Söyüncü
Robertson
Alexander-Arnold
Tomori

Mané
Sterling
Mahrez
Cantwell
Mount

Vardy
Abraham
Connolly

User avatar
Stu255
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 496
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stu255 » 05 Oct 2019, 21:38

I think i’m looking at a GW9 WC also.

User avatar
Stu255
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 496
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stu255 » 05 Oct 2019, 22:46

I'm thinking of this...
166BC931-0B07-4E04-B23B-2FC6FC224B11.png
Not conventional but I think it could work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

From4corners
FISO Knight
Posts: 13946
Joined: 24 Aug 2009, 22:32
Location: The Eyrie

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by From4corners » 05 Oct 2019, 22:59

Stu255 wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 22:46
I'm thinking of this...

166BC931-0B07-4E04-B23B-2FC6FC224B11.png

Not conventional but I think it could work.
5-3-2 is one thing, but one active bench player is not something I'd go for myself. I'd get rid of Azpi and Vertonghen.

User avatar
Stu255
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 496
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stu255 » 05 Oct 2019, 23:04

From4corners wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 22:59

5-3-2 is one thing, but one active bench player is not something I'd go for myself. I'd get rid of Azpi and Vertonghen.
I’m not worried about the bench at this stage of the season. Happy to field 10 players once a months or so. 11th man rarely makes much of a difference.

Saying that, Vertonghen to Lundstram gives a much healthier bench...
91B6F19D-9DF4-4910-B7D5-216304700A07.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
Pirlo's Beard
FISO Knight
Posts: 10089
Joined: 21 Aug 2013, 17:48

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Pirlo's Beard » 05 Oct 2019, 23:07

Stu255 wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 22:46
Not conventional but I think it could work.
Vertonghen?!! :shock:

Have you hit your head?? :lol:

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 70781
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2019, 23:28

Pirlo's Beard wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 23:07
Stu255 wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 22:46
Not conventional but I think it could work.
Vertonghen?!! :shock:

Have you hit your head?? :lol:
Oh dear, we're back to the oral talents of Erik's wife 😂

Nowhere near enough Leicester for me...

User avatar
blahblah
FISO Baron
Posts: 70781
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:46
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.
Contact:

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by blahblah » 05 Oct 2019, 23:33

Stevieste wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 20:30
Minus Four wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 19:23
I'm going for it. Pukki seems to have run out of steam, poor Pool fixtures, optimizing team structure and cleaning possible international injuries.

Pre WC, £3.1 ITB:

Pope 4.0
TAA Robbo Zinc Lund Rico
Sterling Mane Mahrez McGinn Cantwell
Abra Pukki 4.4

After WC, £0.0 ITB:

Gazza 4.0
TAA Soy Lund Rico 3.9
Sterling KDB Mahrez Mount Cantwell
Auba Callum Abra

Thoughts?
Cantwell = Gundouzi or Saka
Mount = Hudson Odi
3.9 to Taylor 4.2

Just food for thought
Please tell me you haven't brought H-O into your squad 😢

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2180
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stevieste » 06 Oct 2019, 04:25

Not yet, but soon 😉

User avatar
Ironfist
FISO Knight
Posts: 12302
Joined: 11 Jul 2009, 14:43
Location: Israel
FS Record: FPL 09/10 - 1824th
Contact:

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Ironfist » 06 Oct 2019, 05:11

Stevieste wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 04:25
Not yet, but soon 😉
You are here (this thread) as well? Haven't you caused enough damage this week? Jinxing WCs is nearly Archdevil level...
:twisted:

User avatar
Stevieste
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 2180
Joined: 19 Aug 2017, 10:28
FS Record: 1500

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stevieste » 06 Oct 2019, 09:35

Ironfist wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 05:11
Stevieste wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 04:25
Not yet, but soon 😉
You are here (this thread) as well? Haven't you caused enough damage this week? Jinxing WCs is nearly Archdevil level...
:twisted:
🤣🤣

Stevieste has left the chat 😢

MHiggi
FISOhead
Posts: 881
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by MHiggi » 06 Oct 2019, 11:55

MHiggi wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 20:06
An early draft for the long break:

Pope - McGovern
TAA - Tomori - Soyuncu - Dunk - Lundstram
Mane - Sterling - Maddison - Cantwell - Saka
Aubameyang - Vardy - Abraham
Saka :arrow: Guendouzi (before his rise)
Tomori :arrow: Kelly (to save 0.1m to fund the above)

User avatar
Billy Bongo
FISO Knight
Posts: 10842
Joined: 21 Jul 2013, 22:18

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Billy Bongo » 06 Oct 2019, 12:15

Saka Tomori to Gwendoozy and Kelly , what madness is this?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk


MHiggi
FISOhead
Posts: 881
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:28

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by MHiggi » 06 Oct 2019, 12:23

They're just placeholders in my wildcard team - two weeks is a long time - but I thought I'd bring in Guendouzi (first team regular) before his price rise in case I want to keep him for Saka (who I've never heard of and has only played 120 minutes this season).

User avatar
Brightwater
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1581
Joined: 01 Dec 2005, 22:15
Location: ***** BrightwaterVilla.co.uk ***** ...Lakeside at Lake Berkley Orlando...parkrunning
FS Record: 20 cash lg wins CYKI 08/09 4th, 09/10 8th. 12/13 Sky 56th, FPL FISO X League winner. 2014 UFPL Beta 7th.
Contact:

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Brightwater » 06 Oct 2019, 15:34

Went for it yesterday. Caught Soyuncu and Guendouzi rises and avoided Jiminez drop. Today swapped out Diop for Fredericks.

User avatar
Mav3rick
FISO Knight
Posts: 17112
Joined: 20 Jul 2009, 20:35
FS Record: The stats are dark and full of errors.

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Mav3rick » 06 Oct 2019, 15:45

I might have a play later and see what I'd actually wildcard into if I were to go (not that I'm planning to).

A 4.5 keeper is probably still the way to go, perhaps Gazz if you feel brave but more likely Pope or Ryan as it was at the start of the season really.

The city full back nonsense and Laporte mean only really Otamendi could be considered from their backline, TAA seems a bit of a shoe-in given chance creation, if you had Lundstram cheap he's got to take one spot. Would anyone trust Bellerin or Tierney after the break? I guess a question is if you go a traditional one-from-three rotation, as TAA, Otamendi, Lundstram, 4.5, 4.5 would look quite strong on that front.

Midfield, I only really think I'd *have* to have KDB and Mount, with Mane a big consideration and one of Sterling or Aguero too.

Up front is anyone really essential right now? Maybe Abraham. Aguero does solve a problem in squad setup while Connolly is probably worth a gamble for those set on a two striker setup.

User avatar
V1.0
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1822
Joined: 10 Nov 2009, 23:08
Location: Pistols for Pandas
FS Record: Triple FISO 5AS Champions

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by V1.0 » 06 Oct 2019, 19:56

Was really tempted after another wretched GW but as discussed above I really don't know who's essential right now. For me it's probably TAA, Lundstram as I got him cheap and three Chelsea youngsters. I've just completed that set with a single James->Mount transfer as I had no budget margin. Otherwise I've got no confidence a wildcard team would be any better than what I have now, baring a bit of a tidy up of my bench.

No defender has more than three clean sheets and those that do are all from the cheap seats (Brighton, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, West Ham, Wolves, Sheff U). I can't justify any premium defender based on defensive returns right now.

The Man City premium players are a lottery, so I might as well stick with what I have (Aguero, Sterling) in the hope that more certainty emerges in due course. Likewise Salah v Mane could go either way each GW unless Salah's injury turns out to be serious. In that event a straight swap for -4pts isn't a big deal.

Aubameyang has been dependable so far, but Lacazette could be back after the international break and he's always had an impact on Auba's points. Kane should be the premium who starts every GW, but, Spurs...…..

So, in summary, I think I'm going to wait in the hope that a more dependable template emerges between now and Xmas.

User avatar
Lucky
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1278
Joined: 13 Sep 2006, 07:24

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Lucky » 06 Oct 2019, 22:11

Spinynorman wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 21:22
I'm going for it.

Previously:

Lloris

Tomori
Robertson
Otamendi

Mount
Salah
Son
Sterling
Cantwell

Abraham
Pukki

Button
Diop
Rico
Wickham

Currently:

Pope
Gazzaniga

Rico
Söyüncü
Robertson
Alexander-Arnold
Tomori

Mané
Sterling
Mahrez
Cantwell
Mount
Vardy
Abraham
Connolly
I like your team. But I think with the matches ahead doubling up on the Liverpool defence is maybe too risky. Otamendi with games against (cry, AVL, SOU) might be an interesting alternative to Robertson, who is also threatened to drop. Kelly might be more of a guaranteed starter than Rico, but obviously has 4 tough games coming up. Cantwell likely to plunge price wise, so maybe a better alternative at the moment could be Ndidi or Jorghino.

Food for thought

User avatar
Spinynorman
FISO Jedi Fish
Posts: 26537
Joined: 23 Jul 2006, 08:12
Location: West Midlands.
FS Record: Under Ordinary

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Spinynorman » 07 Oct 2019, 09:42

Lucky wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 22:11

I like your team. But I think with the matches ahead doubling up on the Liverpool defence is maybe too risky. Otamendi with games against (cry, AVL, SOU) might be an interesting alternative to Robertson, who is also threatened to drop. Kelly might be more of a guaranteed starter than Rico, but obviously has 4 tough games coming up. Cantwell likely to plunge price wise, so maybe a better alternative at the moment could be Ndidi or Jorghino.

Food for thought

Food for thought indeed. Cheers. :)

User avatar
Bixer
FISOhead
Posts: 549
Joined: 14 Dec 2015, 09:37

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Bixer » 07 Oct 2019, 13:19

Similarly wasn't sure if there was enough of a new template, but pressed the button last night as I didn't want to be priced out of a few rises this morning. Only changes so far;

Aguero > Aubameyang
Pukki > Vardy
Salah > Mane
Sterling > Mahrez
Cantwell > Mount
Lowton > Soyoncu

Wondering whether or not to downgrade Mahrez one further to Maddison so that I can then upgrade Dunk to TAA, but not sure if going from three City to just one (KdB) is too risky.

User avatar
Stu255
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 496
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stu255 » 07 Oct 2019, 15:39

I'm currently thinking of...

Alisson, (Martin)
Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans, Robertson, TAA
Sterling, KDB, Mount, (Nakamba, Elneny!)
Aguero, Abraham, (Greenwood)

Very weak bench, but...

User avatar
Sutter Kane
Dumbledore
Posts: 5936
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 12:13

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Sutter Kane » 07 Oct 2019, 16:58

Stu255 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 15:39
I'm currently thinking of...

Alisson, (Martin)
Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans, Robertson, TAA
Sterling, KDB, Mount, (Nakamba, Elneny!)
Aguero, Abraham, (Greenwood)

Very weak bench, but...
I don't think Allison is the best use of a Liv spot. When Liv's fixtures perk up, you'll surely want an attacker whilst keeping Robbo/Trent, and Allison prevents this. Also because you have tripled up on Leicester defenders which there's nothing a lot wrong with, it prevents you from getting Maddison or Vardy easily. In fact due to the spread of funds in that defence, it's not straightforward to release it to achieve any reasonable upgrade anywhere, save removing the Liv fullbacks.

User avatar
Stu255
Red & Blue Braces
Posts: 496
Joined: 22 Aug 2018, 00:31

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Stu255 » 07 Oct 2019, 17:52

Sutter Kane wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 16:58
Stu255 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 15:39
I'm currently thinking of...

Alisson, (Martin)
Pereira, Soyuncu, Evans, Robertson, TAA
Sterling, KDB, Mount, (Nakamba, Elneny!)
Aguero, Abraham, (Greenwood)

Very weak bench, but...
I don't think Allison is the best use of a Liv spot. When Liv's fixtures perk up, you'll surely want an attacker whilst keeping Robbo/Trent, and Allison prevents this. Also because you have tripled up on Leicester defenders which there's nothing a lot wrong with, it prevents you from getting Maddison or Vardy easily. In fact due to the spread of funds in that defence, it's not straightforward to release it to achieve any reasonable upgrade anywhere, save removing the Liv fullbacks.
Thanks for that, all good valid points.

Alisson is mainly there to capture his meteoric price rise when he returns from injury, after which he will become Pope (or equivalent).

Hopefully this allows me to bump Eleny for someone who actually plays. Or upgrade Evans to Matip.

I see KDB as unique at his price and Sterling/Salah/Mane as a swing between Liv & City.

Also Aguero can be Kane or Aub if needed.

So some flexibility around the captaincy but elsewhere a fairly rigid 5-3-2.

Hornet boy
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 46
Joined: 08 Aug 2018, 08:51
FS Record: Distinctly average!

Re: GW 9 wildcard

Post by Hornet boy » 07 Oct 2019, 19:02

I had no intention at all of using my wildcard yet, but I had a play around and came up with a team I quite like.

I'm curious to know whether people prefer the one with Auba, or the one without?ImageImage

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Highlander12, jv95, noelbarry, Salte2, Spreadsheet, sstaffsw and 44 guests