To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

RMT

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Flashheart
Kevin and Perry
FS Record: 2nd in private league

RMT

Post by Flashheart »

Here goes. A tough one this year with the price of defenders. My main worry is VAR will lead to more penalties and fewer clean sheets but we'll see.

Ederson - Starts every game. Doesn't seem to get injured.

van Aanholt - Guaranteed starter. Chips in with goals and assists
Chilwell - Leicester should be better defensively this season.
TTA - Cheaper than Robertson and with a full season under his belt will get more assists
Zichenko - Looks likely to start. La Porte looking too expensive

de Bruyne - Injury free and likely to avoid rotation. Plenty of goals and assists in him
Sterling - Must have
Lanzini - Seems to be the value enabler this year
B Silva - Goals and assists. Wasn't rotated much last season
Jota - Seems to be carrying on form from end of last season

Aguero - Must have striker

I know this is very Man City heavy but apart from Spurs they don't play a top six side until November so it should be a good start. It also gives me options to make changes if required that only need one sub rather than two.

I don't think Liverpool are going to score as much as last season and also, although it's way in to the future, they have serious fixture congestion in December with the World Club Championship so there is going to have to be rotation at some point. As an alternative I've come up with.

Ederson

Walker
PVA
TTA
Bennet

Sterling
Lanzini
B SIlva
Jota
Pulisic - Seems to have had a good preseason

Aguero

Thoughts please.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Re: RMT

Post by Buster »

So that's Zinchenko, Chilwell and KDB (and some spare change) vs. Walker, Bennett, Pulisic - I definitely prefer the former

Not sure how many minutes Aguero will get in the first couple of games though, and I'd be even more comfortable with the Zinchenko pick if he starts in the Charity Shield

May be worth a thought about how you'd get Salah in there soon if he flies out of the blocks

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

Bit worried about Aguero initially too. Kane seems on form in pre-season, countering his historic August drought fears, so I may start with him instead. Going heavy in midfield leaves wiggle room for geting both big strikers (or Auba/BobbyF etc) if that becomes the answer.

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry

Post by Flashheart »

Thanks, I've swapped Aguero for Kane. So got £0.7m in change at the moment.

Will see how the season starts but Guilbert for Villa looks interesting and if PVA or Chilwell don't perform replacing either with Guilbert suddenly opens up a lot of possibilities in midfield and attack.

Anyone got any thoughts on Guilbert/Villa?

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry

Post by Flashheart »

Ok, I think I've now got my starting XI:

Ederson - Season long

Chilwell - Guaranteed starter
TAA - Guranateed starter
Zinchenko - Played well yesterday and looks certain to start
Guilbert - Bit of a risk but started on Saturday and looks to be a value enabler

de Bruyne - Looks back to form
Sterling - Must have
Lanzini - Bargain enabler
Salah - Must have
Jota - Great form at the moment

Kane

Got rid of PVA after reading that Palace in five of the past six seasons haven't managed more that 15 point from their first 16 games so he's definitely a second half of the season player.

Can anyone give me any reasons not to go this route?

Chappers80
Cheetah

Post by Chappers80 »

Looks good to me, and not just because I have 8 of them in my team :D

Gilbert could be a real bargain but I'm going to wait a couple weeks and see how Villa do, they've bought an entire new team, it might take a while for them to gel

Edit: more than good, this is probably the best I've seen!

I'm just debating whether to go de Bruyne, B Silva or Jimenez. De Bruyne would mean tinkering a little to free up the 0.2m as I'm currently right at 50.0
Last edited by Chappers80 on 05 Aug 2019, 10:15, edited 1 time in total.

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Like the look of it, as eight of those are currently in my team too. I'll likely spend a bit more on defence, but that's just personal preference. Like you said, Guilbert is a risk (albeit a small one at 2m) and has been a bit of a card magnet over the last couple of seasons. I'd also prefer to have an extra 0.1m in the bank in case Harry's ankle gives way again at some point and/or Aguero starts tearing it up.

Flashheart
Kevin and Perry

Post by Flashheart »

Now just wondering whether to replace Chilwell with KWP given teams respective starts.

Thoughts anyone?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”