To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

4-5-1

A forum for comment and discussion on Telegraph Fantasy Football (TFF) teams (EPL, Champions League and World Cup), including the 'FISO XI' TFF teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

4-5-1

Post by Tadpole »

Ederson

VVD
TAA
Digne
Zincenko

Sterling
Lanzini
Jota
Siggy
Milivojevic

Kane

49.8 mil

Midlander
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Up the Villa

Re: 4-5-1

Post by Midlander »

A lot of similar players to me and that I've already seen on here so could be a good thing?

One thing I'm reconsidering to begin are Liverpool defenders. My mate is a Liverpool fan and he said they've looked poor at the back pre-season and then they got stuffed 3-0 today by Napoli with their first choice back four. I know it's only pre-season but I won't be doubling up on them to begin with. I think they could easily concede in their first three games.

Milivojevic is one I haven't seen in many/any teams. On penalties though so could be a good punt with more pens with VAR.

blahblah
FISO Viscount
Location: .. he thinks that he knows something which he doesn't, whereas I am quite concious of my ignorance.

Post by blahblah »

There are plenty of extenuating circumstances ie the front 3 missing and the travel logistics.

However, there could be something of a drop. Remember they got the 3rd highest points total and more concerning for me is no fresh face\star. What happened to the mantra of "strengthen when on top" so beloved of ex (successful) Liverpool players? Unless the attacking kids are good enough Klopp needs a 4th who is not Origi as their defence starts ftom the potency of their attack.

Milo will need Zaha, imho.

Buster
Red & Blue Braces
FS Record: Twice winner of Tenner League

Post by Buster »

I'm liking this sort of set-up and the draft for my 'main' team is currently very similar. However, I really fancy having Salah in there too (in addition to Sterling and Kane) so am playing around with a couple of sub-£3m enablers to see if I can make that happen.

ministryofsillywalks
Wideboy

Post by ministryofsillywalks »

I'd be worried about the lack of Liverpool attackers. They scored 89 goals in the league last season, second to only City's 95, but still 16 more than the next best team (Arsenal).

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Post by murf »

ministryofsillywalks wrote: 30 Jul 2019, 19:40 I'd be worried about the lack of Liverpool attackers. They scored 89 goals in the league last season, second to only City's 95, but still 16 more than the next best team (Arsenal).
All about individuals - you mention Arsenal and Adebayor shared the golden boot.

Just did my first team without much thinking/effort and it didn't include any Liverpool attackers either. Actually very similar in concept to the above. My first draft did have Salah but found I couldn't squeeze him, KdB and Sterling in with a decent striker and top defenders. Damn this £50 budget :lol:

Tadpole
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Euro Under 21 Threes Winner ; Super Egg Cup Winner 12/13 ; JJB Fantasy World Cup 2010 Monthly Winner ; Mortgage Brain Monthly Winner 11/12 ; A few telegraph super league wins ;

Post by Tadpole »

Made some updates but still can’t see past 451, spreading cost and balance, have City and Liverpool defenders and at least 3 big hitters ahead of them. With a slight emphasis on those taking pens, with the intro of VAR

Ederson
Zivchenko
TAA
M Keane
Maguire
Sterling
Salah
Sigurdsson
Ward-Prowse
Lanzini
Kane

Johnners
Grumpy Old Spur
FS Record: Hit and miss

Post by Johnners »

Not sure if Ward-Prowse is one of those in there for penalty duties, but Ings took two pens for Southampton on Saturday while JWP was on the pitch (scored the first, missed the second). Some solid picks in there and have most of your team myself. Looks like you've practically exhausted the budget with that line-up - would you want any spare cash left over to be able to swap Kane for Auba/Aguero if either start firing?

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “TFF Teams (e.g. Rate My Team - RMT)”