FPL GW16 Preview -- Predicted EPL Line-Ups 7-9 Dec: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

A Fantasy Football forum for news on fantasy football games run by The Sun newspaper.

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 16 Apr 2019, 20:20

i agree it's different yorkshire, but we are looking at shades of grey not b&w.

i think a lot of the 'holier than thou' brigade would see it as cheating, personally i just think the prize should be dumped in future and added to 2nd prize.

clearly you are seeking to benefit financially by setting up mini leagues that are simply vehicles to gain entry to the chairman's prize as you have admitted.

Yorkshire Exile
FISOhead
Posts: 874
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 11:33

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Yorkshire Exile » 16 Apr 2019, 20:26

Strictly I suppose yes and mebbe it does feel grey to some
Just for the record there are only 2/3 which are not genuine league chairs and were set up pre season. I ended up chairing main league as well as about 4-5 cash leagues.... Some of these play under different rules and were never contenders. It is just the same as the thread I linked earlier which is the fiso attempt at same thing. Hey ho....

Scotty 2051
Treebeard
Posts: 187
Joined: 16 Jul 2012, 12:58
FS Record: Telegraph Fantasy Football 2012 Winner
71st in the Sun 2015/2016

Tortoise and Hare Winner 2015/2016
Grand Finale Winner 2015/2016

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Scotty 2051 » 16 Apr 2019, 20:33

Yorky’s one of the good guys and his efforts should be applauded not frowned upon.
I’ve taken much pleasure taking a few quid off him over the years in the leagues he as ran.

Keep up the good work Yorky you cheating chap 😁

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 16 Apr 2019, 20:39

i agree scotty, i've said the same above.

Yorkshire Exile
FISOhead
Posts: 874
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 11:33

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Yorkshire Exile » 16 Apr 2019, 20:46

Jesus.... Endorsement from scotty..... I'm fooked

User avatar
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1025
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 23:35
FS Record: 2016 Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in Euro 2016 Comp

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by RickyRosa » 17 Apr 2019, 08:29

I'm not part of the HtT brigade.

Just speak my mind and have a genuine moral code around what is right & wrong.

Integrity is all about what you do when no-one is looking.

Though have to say that the perspective that 12345678 comes from is similar to the online poker days where there were multi accounters and the reality is that the sites were not pro-active at hunting them down which only added more and more accounters as their seemed to be no risk to the cheaters.

The problem they had was it reached (and probably still is) epidemic levels with even low stakes games becoming infiltrated.

Then someone lost £100k after coming second In like the Sunday million or something as his IP address had been rumbled and then things changed (a bit).

Maybe it is me....maybe my inflexibility in my moral code puts me at a distinct disadvantage.

Maybe I should stop playing (though it costs nothing but time so very little to lose apart from implied winnings)

Maybe I should actually persuade Mrs Rosa to play....

I will think about it.
Last edited by RickyRosa on 17 Apr 2019, 23:12, edited 1 time in total.

summer is over
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Sep 2018, 14:22

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by summer is over » 17 Apr 2019, 18:15

in true Colombo style, just one last thing

she asked what striker id put in, my answer was firmino or son, did she take my advice, no she didnt, she put a very poor choice of lukaku in both her teams imo. She manages her own teams and has done for years. Id like to think ive helped her with what ive learnt,

I'm confused because you put Lukaku into your best team last week as well, same week as your wife, you transferrred out Stones for Lukaku and switched formation, but you said as above, she went against your advice putting him in and that you don't rate him then you also picked him?

User avatar
ronny10
FISO Knight
Posts: 10966
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 07:57
Location: The nest
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by ronny10 » 17 Apr 2019, 19:06

I thought we knew that from what he put the other night, think it all got deleted!

Did the lukaku move in his big balls as chasing a 100pt gap but thought the same move in mrs teams were not the ones to make.

Something like that, but cant see it on this thread!

User avatar
SUZYKINS
Dumbledore
Posts: 8878
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:32
Location: Up in the trees feeding Crouch & Zigic.
Contact:

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by SUZYKINS » 17 Apr 2019, 19:21

Scotty 2051 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 14:04
You know someone is lying when they go on and on and on and on and on :mrgreen:
Im Sparticus

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29755
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Zimmerman » 17 Apr 2019, 19:44

ronny10 wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 19:06
I thought we knew that from what he put the other night, think it all got deleted!

Did the lukaku move in his big balls as chasing a 100pt gap but thought the same move in mrs teams were not the ones to make.

Something like that, but cant see it on this thread!
Rings a bell ronny.

He was chasing so needed to gamble. She’s up there so doesn’t/didn’t need to be as bold

summer is over
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Sep 2018, 14:22

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by summer is over » 17 Apr 2019, 21:07

He specifically said, and emphasied it twice, that he wouldn't pick Lukaku, "would I really pick a player like Lukaku " or something like that was the quote. I can't be the only person that remembers that he made a point of drawing attention to that one player.

But if we put that aside, he has had Lukaku in other teams throughout the season.

Ans it still makes no sense, to ridicule his wifes selection of Lukaku, but putting him in the same week! if you didn't rate him that much there were other strikers to chose from, plenty of them.

User avatar
ronny10
FISO Knight
Posts: 10966
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 07:57
Location: The nest
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by ronny10 » 17 Apr 2019, 22:04

Dunno, I think his point at the time was lukaku was a risk he was prepared to take in his team but wouldn't be if in his wife's position. Not that interested really just thought I would say what I remembered as you made out it was a revelation when Lee had actually already mentioned it himself.

summer is over
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Sep 2018, 14:22

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by summer is over » 17 Apr 2019, 22:19

I did not make anything out, I said what I read. Plenty of other options to catch up in a mini league other than the 1 player he said he would never have put in his team and who he said was a poor choice.

Anyway, I only initially mentioned him simply because his wag was doing well, it's nothing personal at all, if there was another wag doing well then you could draw comparisons with their teams, but this obv looks strange..

User avatar
Zimmerman
FISO Jedi Knight
Posts: 29755
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:42
Location: having a picnic at the Bear Mountain

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Zimmerman » 17 Apr 2019, 22:23

Given he knows we have access to FF’s tool... it’d be a pretty silly move to do what you claim/remember.

User avatar
ronny10
FISO Knight
Posts: 10966
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 07:57
Location: The nest
FS Record: Not to shabby

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by ronny10 » 17 Apr 2019, 22:59

summer is over wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 22:19
I did not make anything out, I said what I read. Plenty of other options to catch up in a mini league other than the 1 player he said he would never have put in his team and who he said was a poor choice.

Anyway, I only initially mentioned him simply because his wag was doing well, it's nothing personal at all, if there was another wag doing well then you could draw comparisons with their teams, but this obv looks strange..
You made out him putting lukaku in his team was something you discovered when Lee had already said he had in defence of the original accusation.

My point was, he said he did it in his as was chasing a 100 point deficit whereas wouldn't have done so if he was controlling his partners team.

I'm not sure I can put it any other way so I wont.

It's your opinion and can go with whatever you want to believe, I'm just trying to clear up what Lee said as hes now obviously not going to do so for himself

summer is over
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Sep 2018, 14:22

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by summer is over » 17 Apr 2019, 23:10

No I didn't make out it was something I discovered, Fat Frank's thread is pinned to the top.

So on this thread he says Lukaku was a poor choice to put in, yet in the league in which he supposedly needs to catch up, he puts in the poor choice, and that’s meant to be plausible ?

And there is no quote to prove he said what you're saying he said in the deleted posts apart from his fiso friends of course, and likewise for me, but I know for a fact he rinsed Lukaku.

Yorkshire Exile
FISOhead
Posts: 874
Joined: 02 Jan 2008, 11:33

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Yorkshire Exile » 17 Apr 2019, 23:22

I had an exchange with Lee on the posts that were deleted re lukaku. Not sure if his best team is the one in the big balls league as I haven't used Frank's tool to scrutinise his teams. Putting lukaku in to catch a winner takes all league faced with a circa 100 point deficit is a legit move albeit smacks of desperation...... But then he's up against some decent players there :wink: doing it in a team that is nudging top 10 is fking insanity..... That was the point he was making about his missus team. There is similarity in the moves but the context is very different.

User avatar
RickyRosa
Grumpy Old Man
Posts: 1025
Joined: 06 Feb 2016, 23:35
FS Record: 2016 Knockout Cup Winner. 5th Overall in 2016 European Comp, 3rd overall in Euro 2016 Comp

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by RickyRosa » 17 Apr 2019, 23:25

An unbiased view from a "neutral" who does really like and respect Lee has to have the courage of my convictions to say that it does indeed look strange.

Not the fact that he put him in...i for one get the chasing bit...not the fact that he wound his wife up and then put him in as well...but the fact (if summer is correct) that he put him in the same game week as his Mrs....

Even the most ardent Lee supporter has to admit this look suspicious or at least that surely a discussion would have taken place as it is very coincidental if not.

Just saying....

Though, with that said...I also think we have to take what he said at face value, benefit of the doubt and all that.

After all, as 12345678 points out the Sun will give him or his good lady the benefit of the doubt after all....so in the end what I, Summer or Ronny thinks is largely irrelevant and is academic.

For me though... in reality, if Summer is that certain he should report it.

infact if he is that passionate he has a moral duty to do so.

The integrity of the game is at stake.

Dot
FISO Knight
Posts: 19194
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:21

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Dot » 17 Apr 2019, 23:41

summer is over wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 23:10
No I didn't make out it was something I discovered, Fat Frank's thread is pinned to the top.

So on this thread he says Lukaku was a poor choice to put in, yet in the league in which he supposedly needs to catch up, he puts in the poor choice, and that’s meant to be plausible ?

And there is no quote to prove he said what you're saying he said in the deleted posts apart from his fiso friends of course, and likewise for me, but I know for a fact he rinsed Lukaku.
My son ( Terry) moved up tonight into top 50 and unbelievably ( in ur eyes ) no help from me ( I'm.up to just outside top 300 if u want to be nosey.

But I'm joint 3rd in the new game ( my son forgot to enter)
Anyway Summer is a Bummer, where's ur standing or are u frightened for ridicule when ur identity is in the open whilst u continue to snipe/troll


Mcmahon

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 18 Apr 2019, 00:01

SUZYKINS wrote:
17 Apr 2019, 19:21
Scotty 2051 wrote:
16 Apr 2019, 14:04
You know someone is lying when they go on and on and on and on and on :mrgreen:
Im Sparticus
ray that founder of modern civilization (julius caesar) had him killed and put his head on a post as he did with huge numbers of his followers.

you don't wanna be spartacus :lol:

summer is over
Kevin and Perry
Posts: 21
Joined: 24 Sep 2018, 14:22

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by summer is over » 18 Apr 2019, 00:03

Dot my teams are sh1t and I've been looking forward to next season since Xmas :lol:
I always take an interest in the top of the leaderboard because I like to a) learn from the best and b) like to see a fair game.
I haven't noticed any similarities between yours and your sons team which is why I haven't mentioned it since I last did a while ago.

I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

Both Lee and his wifes initial teams were largely made up of City/Liverpools players.
All 10 of Lee's original teams had Salah/Aguero, All 10 of WAG's team had Salah/Aguero
Where 5 of Lee's teams had Kane's, 5 of WAG's teams has Mahrez's.
All 10 of each had a distinct lack of Chelsea/Arsenal/United bar 1 United block.
Haven't looked at transfer huistory and wont as I don't hve that much time.
Lee had 5 Mane's, 1 Fabinho, 0 Milner, 0 Wijnauldum's, 0 Sanes .......WAG had 0 Mane's, 0 Fabinho's, 1 Milner, 1 Wijanuldum, 3 Sane's, 5 Keitas

^Seems like a nice spreadm make of it what you will.

I would not report anyone, I'd leave that up to the lap of the God's, for all I know people could have children who need expensive treatment, be seriously in debt, need to pay for care etc, I'm not the reporting type but imo on this board, people should be allowed to talk about collusion openly.

Dot
FISO Knight
Posts: 19194
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:21

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Dot » 18 Apr 2019, 00:08

summer is over wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 00:03
Dot my teams are sh1t and I've been looking forward to next season since Xmas :lol:
I always take an interest in the top of the leaderboard because I like to a) learn from the best and b) like to see a fair game.
I haven't noticed any similarities between yours and your sons team which is why I haven't mentioned it since I last did a while ago.

I'm just saying what I'm seeing.

Both Lee and his wifes initial teams were largely made up of City/Liverpools players.
All 10 of Lee's original teams had Salah/Aguero, All 10 of WAG's team had Salah/Aguero
Where 5 of Lee's teams had Kane's, 5 of WAG's teams has Mahrez's.
All 10 of each had a distinct lack of Chelsea/Arsenal/United bar 1 United block.
Haven't looked at transfer huistory and wont as I don't hve that much time.
Lee had 5 Mane's, 1 Fabinho, 0 Milner, 0 Wijnauldum's, 0 Sanes .......WAG had 0 Mane's, 0 Fabinho's, 1 Milner, 1 Wijanuldum, 3 Sane's, 5 Keitas

^Seems like a nice spreadm make of it what you will.

I would not report anyone, I'd leave that up to the lap of the God's, for all I know people could have children who need expensive treatment, be seriously in debt, need to pay for care etc, I'm not the reporting type but imo on this board, people should be allowed to talk about collusion openly.
So why did u defend the Byrom.clan at the beginning of the season.......


Ur never sedea similarity between my 30 yearr old son and my teams because he thinks he knows better 🐈😂 plus i only see him maybe once a week but I do see my grandson 3 times more

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 18 Apr 2019, 00:16

as i have said before sdt run the game they have paid out knowingly to other halves many times before. from previous conversations with providers it became clear papers do not like leaderboards dominated by a single surname early on.

they are the arbiters of the game, not us. i'd rather they disqualified in the manner cyki used to but they don't, as far as they are concerned if the leaderboard doesn't look like it got stuck on a telephone directory page they are fine with it.

it goes on in sky, similar goes on in tff chairman's prize.

the holier than thou crowd will argue it is against the written rules, against the spirit of the game maybe.

they are not however judge n jury, those running the games are.

if you want to be open about it in fiso surely the mods who are doing it should at least be looked at?

personally i tried to get them to clarify and to some extent they have, multi entering is very clearly allowed.

the poker point is diversionary, a clear edge is obtained, one those running sites definitely DO NOT WANT as it damages turnover and their business.

here the payouts suggest they have no issues with it and anyone can do it.

would rather it wasn't the case, but it is!

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 18 Apr 2019, 00:29

DOT when you nabbed the conTAMinator clan, how much support did you get from fellow fiso members (not including later on when some of them lost out financially and suddenly offered a bit more support ;) ) ? now that very clearly WAS CHEATING, with entries including players not even available for selection in the weekly game :lol:

what did SDT do, changed the rules to help them not once but twice then paid out when they carried on breaking them :lol:

it isn't the players who are the problem here in my view, if you have a problem with it then contact SDT, or whoever the provider is that you are unhappy with en masse!

Dot
FISO Knight
Posts: 19194
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:21

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Dot » 18 Apr 2019, 09:09

12345678 wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 00:29
DOT when you nabbed the conTAMinator clan, how much support did you get from fellow fiso members (not including later on when some of them lost out financially and suddenly offered a bit more support ;) ) ? now that very clearly WAS CHEATING, with entries including players not even available for selection in the weekly game :lol:

what did SDT do, changed the rules to help them not once but twice then paid out when they carried on breaking them :lol:

it isn't the players who are the problem here in my view, if you have a problem with it then contact SDT, or whoever the provider is that you are unhappy with en masse!
Andy I reported indirectly and directly to the top months before and regularly up until the finish, regarding the unfolding of last season. They were fully aware their Ts & Cs were being pissed all over.

What was happening was sticking out like a sore thumb

I can tell you I don't let go when I feel wronged and was told when i did win, that i saved them alot of hassle.

There was ample circumstantial patterns for them to grow a pair of Bollocks and enforce rheir own rules. Perhaps not wanting to rock their own boat and unlimited legal fees, my take is the top 10 got paid out with a word in a few people's ears, if you get my drift.

Would also explain why there was no confirmation/ piece in their own Paper of a final table and a snap and or interview with the winner and runners up prizewinners.

That was a first. I wasn't even invited up to HQ to get my cardboard cheque. Just paid into my account, no pics, no report, no page 3 bird rubbing an ample cleavage against my girth.

What competition do you know that doesn't want to promote their own game by publicising winners in the media and in a Newspapers case, a minimum of a half page spread.

As regards that t wat Tam, how the eff could you enter nearly 13,000 teams in a competition and believe he wasn't cheating.

The problem is the Sun don't want hassle and would appear rarely to disqualify obvious cheats so it's come to the point now you don't know you have won until cash hits your account as you won't find confirmation through their paper.

I'm still waiting to hear if Robot shared the weekender last week by word of mouth, because the Sun won't announce there was a 3 way split or just the one winner ( earliest entry).

As Robot mixes in your occasional drinking circles perhaps you can fill me in when and if you hear from.him next.

Dot

User avatar
12345678
Dumbledore
Posts: 5633
Joined: 13 Oct 2005, 18:26

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by 12345678 » 18 Apr 2019, 19:56

hi dot,

i think we just have to accept it is allowed now, obviously both of us have tried to get things sorted and clarified but it never happened and we got little support. i have my suspicions why but that is just me guessing. bottom line is multi entering is now allowed.

re robot, i have never knowingly met him. if memory serves though i think he is friends with a cousin of mine i haven't seen for maybe over 20 years.

he may have had a drink with david, bruce and terry, but not when i was there.

GL to your son on the run in, that citeh defeat kindda avoids the comp being dead a bit by bringing in a few non citeh options.

Dot
FISO Knight
Posts: 19194
Joined: 06 Jan 2006, 20:21

Re: Cheats, WaGs and the grey area in between

Post by Dot » 19 Apr 2019, 09:31

12345678 wrote:
18 Apr 2019, 19:56
hi dot,

i think we just have to accept it is allowed now, obviously both of us have tried to get things sorted and clarified but it never happened and we got little support. i have my suspicions why but that is just me guessing. bottom line is multi entering is now allowed.

re robot, i have never knowingly met him. if memory serves though i think he is friends with a cousin of mine i haven't seen for maybe over 20 years.

he may have had a drink with david, bruce and terry, but not when i was there.

GL to your son on the run in, that citeh defeat kindda avoids the comp being dead a bit by bringing in a few non citeh options.
He'll be lucky to hold a position in top 50 but can't accept the realisation. Fully expect City and Liverpool to have 50% clean sheets from now.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts
Post Reply

Return to “The Sun Dream Team FF Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Biddles32, CBN, CTD United and 20 guests