View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

SPOTY 2019

A forum for fixed-odds betting discussion and tips including sports betting such as horse racing
footy666
Kevin and Perry

SPOTY 2019

Post by footy666 » 17 Dec 2018, 09:05

SPORTS PERSONALITY 2019......Who will win?, What events are coming up in 2019?....

EVENTS:

Cricket World Cup
Rugby World Cup
World Swimming Champs
Athletics World Championships

Quite a few big events this year.

Cricket World Cup - England are favourites.

Rugby World Cup - England have a chance.

World Swimming Champs - Peaty expected golds.

Athletics - Dina Asher Smith.

Golf - Decent possibility of a Brit winning a major.

F1 - Decent possibility of Hamilton winning another title.

Snooker - Decent chance of O'Sullivan winning another major and reaching the figure of 1000 centuries.

Tennis - Murray back?

Boxing - Joshua and Fury.

Pretty difficult to pick someone out as we have some of the best athletes in the world in all of these sports.

Based on my betting strategy I'd vote for Ronnie O'Sullivan....I simply love the high odds the bookies put on him - I feel he would get a lot of votes if he was put into the shortlist.

It's too difficult to pick out a winner from the rest. Assuming Joshua fights Fury and Wilder in 2019 and wins both fights....then I'd probably give it to him, but usually they have rematches and if Joshua fights Wilder then he'll probably only fight Wilder this year, twice.

juckster
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: Winner of a mile in another mans shoes pre TW2. Total wins £550 SDT 2011/12.

Re: SPOTY 2019

Post by juckster » 08 Jan 2019, 12:30

You forgot to mention Womens Football World Cup - where we are one of the favourites.

murf
FISO Baron
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.
FISO Goals: Score: 238 Position: 9

Post by murf » 08 Jan 2019, 17:18

juckster wrote:You forgot to mention Womens Football World Cup - where we are one of the favourites.
Maybe for a BBCPC pick on the shortlist but the public at large still don't care about women's football (still AKA Monkey Tennis to many). Would a World Cup win change ('one of' the favourites maybe but still v.unlikely) that enough?

maradonash
Red & Blue Braces

Post by maradonash » 11 Feb 2019, 15:28

Owen Farrell currently 20/1 at Hills.

Given that England are now odds-on to win the 6 Nations and are also now firmly established as second favourites (9/2) behind the All-Blacks for the World Cup, I'd say that was a very decent price.

The World Cup final is on November 2nd so the timing couldn't be much better in terms of being fresh in the memory come awards night.
Remember that the last time they won the World Cup in '03, top points scorer Jonny Wilkinson finished ahead of captain Martin Johnson in a Rugby Union 1-2 on SPOTY night.
Farrell is both captain and likely top-scorer so, in the event of an England win, if any team member is going to get the nod from the BBC it will surely be him.

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “The Betting Forum”