View Latest: 1 Day | FISO Injury Search

Fuzzy Warbles

A forum for comment and discussion on Fantasy PremierLeague.com (FPL) Teams. Post your Rate My Team (RMT) messages here!
Fuzzy
FISOhead
FS Record: meh

Re: Fuzzy Warbles

Post by Fuzzy » 04 Jan 2019, 23:02

GW21 review

61 points. I finally broke my run of (5!) red arrows with a little green, and rank is back inside 30,000.

This week’s transfers are made already and are as previously anticipated, i.e. Aubameyang + Richarlison :arrow: Kamara + Salah. That leaves me 0.5m banked, to turn Holebas into Alexander-Arnold in a couple of weeks time.

For GW22 (captaincy and bench to be confirmed), I currently look like this:
Fabianski
Robertson, Digne, Shaw, Holebas
Salah (v), Hazard (c), Pogba, Anderson
Kane, Rashford
(Button, Kamara, Doherty, Hogg)

I am happy to continue riding with Anderson despite West Ham's fixtures taking a bit of a turn and, whilst Harry isn't lighting it up, it is this impending run of fixtures that I got him for.

Notwithstanding other developments or a change of heart, my current sketchy transfer plan is:
GW23: Fabianski :arrow: Patricio
GW24: Holebas :arrow: TAA
GW25: Digne :arrow: AWB
GW27: Shaw :arrow: Pereira

Fabianski to Patricio is the one I am least committed to, but as it’s the GW23 transfer its stops being “optional” in 2 weeks time. Given transfer windows, cups, etc, there’s a reasonable chance I won’t go ahead with that transfer.

If Chelsea reach the Carabao Cup final there’s a reasonable chance that I will want to turn Hazard into Aubameyang for GW26, when Chelsea are away at Man City. If they don’t, I am more likely to turn Harry Kane into Aubameyang for GW27 (possibly for GW26).

In fact writing it out like that, I think Fabianski stays! Anyway, that’s the current thinking.

Fuzzy
FISOhead

Post by Fuzzy » 14 Jan 2019, 11:21

GW22 review

83 points all out. Rank is back into around 11,000 but with no Man City or Wolves representation in the Monday night fixture I will slip – hopefully staying top 20,000.

I have 3 possible transfer scenarios this week and, given the unholy rush by the masses to get TAA in, I will need to make that call in the next 24 hours.

a) Holebas :arrow: TAA. I wanted to save this one until next gameweek but, as above, I have the 0.5m I need and I can’t afford a rise on TAA if I want this to be a single transfer manoeuvre. Holebas at home to Burnley is potentially tasty, but TAA at home to Palace is also handy and I know who I want over the longer term.

b) Kane :arrow: Somebody (probably Kun, but bringing Aubameyang back is not out of the question). The Kane injury cloud is a ball ache, and we won’t know any more by the time option a) expires. Hmmph.

c) Roll the transfer. At this stage I have Digne first on my bench for GW23 so, irrespective of Kane’s status, I am reasonably well placed. It will feel a little weird parking Harry’s 12.6m butt on the pine, especially if it turns out I need to shift him out the week after, but it still could be the right decision.

I don’t have an overly long shopping list of transfers I want to make over the coming gameweeks – notwithstanding any still-to-be-known reschedules and their impact – so rolling the transfer doesn’t feel as worthy as it might in other weeks. Put it this way, if Kane is fit or only misses one week, option a) brings forward my GW24 transfer and (all else being equal) I roll a free into GW25.

I am probably favouring a) at the moment, however that just might be my slightly irrational way of dealing with my indecision – i.e. don’t overthink it, make the early transfer, and then spend your time thinking about more important things for the rest of the week (or until one hour before deadline :roll: ).

Smurphy's Paw
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: 13/14: FPL 1792; FIFA 14 Top 700.
17/18: FPL 696th; loads of mini-League wins and side game promotions

Post by Smurphy's Paw » 14 Jan 2019, 22:19

Nice score
Sadly I’m with you about Kane. I’ve made my transfer and I can’t spot anyone who is 4 points better than my bench fodder though so will probably have to bench

Fuzzy
FISOhead

Post by Fuzzy » 15 Jan 2019, 02:58

And pulled the trigger on a).

The Aguero cameo helped make up my mind. I am guessing that takes Kun off the table as a POD for quite a few (including you SP!).

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “FPL Team Questions (e.g. RMTs/Transfers/Captaincies)”