To see less ads Register or Login ----- Daily Fantasy Sports games 18+

Velogames Returns - Tour of Portugal

A forum for fans of Fantasy Cycling games (including Fantasy Tour de France)
sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Velogames Returns - Tour of Portugal

Post by sibrown4 »

Deadline is tomorrow at 2:30pm so sorry for short notice

Fiso Tour of Portugal

League Pin 107160221

murf
FISO Viscount
FS Record: Once led TFF. Very briefly.

Re: Velogames Returns - Tour of Portugal

Post by murf »

Thought I'd enter despite not expecting to know many riders. Then opened the rider list and realised the last 'm' was surplus.....

Usually only do the 3 main tours but wanted to support Velogames and any Tour that works with George rather than against.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

Looks like most of the riders could be playing for Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea. This will be a learning curve. So glad we're back. :D

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

What? Has the race started? :oops:
After tinkering yesterday, I took Reis out.
Just over 2 thousand in it, Fiso's best place lying in the 400's.
Interestingly enough, there is a large amount of Portuguese entrants.
One entrant lying equal 1st, has done it on 82 credits :shock: I have the feeling he knows this bunch of riders.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man
FS Record: TFC Lions 2nd in League of Leagues Triumph. Draft FPL/TFF Combo League Winner 2018-19

Post by sibrown4 »

Final table on this most difficult of pickings. Winner Simon B's Peloton Brief

4381 points. Peloton Brief. Simon Brown

4242 points Mobreizh Morgan

4071 points murf`s mob. murf

2994 points. Viva Velo Jimmy Ching

2878 points. D1. Laudrup86

El Tel of Ealing
Grumpy Old Man

Post by El Tel of Ealing »

Simon,
I got 4683 for 835th overall.I show against you guys in my FISO Giro league.
This BinckBank Tour is a headache,and it seems to count into the overall season standings.Sexual wheeling has been automatically put in 5 earlier FISO leagues.

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

El Tel of Ealing wrote: 12 Aug 2018, 21:39 Simon,
I got 4683 for 835th overall.I show against you guys in my FISO Giro league.
This BinckBank Tour is a headache,and it seems to count into the overall season standings.Sexual wheeling has been automatically put in 5 earlier FISO leagues.
Giro League? Are you sure you put the right code in?

Yes have been aware of the listing of old leagues all season and have emailed Velogames about it -and George probably needs to sort them. Only active leagues should really show at the bottom.

porgey
Red & Blue Braces

Post by porgey »

Hi Si,

The new league system that started this year basically associates a single league id across all contests. There's only one "leagues" database for the entire season, rather than each league, in previous years, only being associated with an individual contest.

So when users enter a team in a "new" contest, that team record is already associated with the league set up in "older" (this year) contests, and the team magically appears in the league table without having to enter a new league code.

This works well if you create a single league at the start of the season, because all teams entered in future events are automatically added to the same league all the way through the season. It's apparent this system does not work when league chairmen (understandably, given they always had to in previous years) create different leagues for each event, because there are a bunch of different leagues created for previous events which are associated with new team entries for various contests throughout the season.

I'll try to make changes (or at least add two options for either setting up a contest-specific league or a season-long at the league creation process) in advance of next season.

If you find yourself in a mess of leagues for the remainder of this season, I could simply name one of your existing leagues "Fiso Season League" or similar, and any user accounts already entered into that league will automatically have teams allocated to it when they create their new team each contest.

Finally, the reason I came on here was I saw you were trying to set up a new Classics league id. There were some problems logging the new league codes earlier today, but they should all work now!

Cheers,

George (Velogames)

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Hi George - thanks for that explanation. I think I get it now..

So if I understand it right what we should do is have just one FISO League all season - and players who join for the various competitions can see their individual performance in the races and also the season long comp for the regulars. As you enter each comp separately I guess it is important that a competitor keeps his team name consistently otherwise confusion.

Although I would personally prefer separate League Codes for each comp I can see the convenience of not having to join each time.nYes if you could name one of them season league this time that would help. I must admit I have been deleting myself from past leagues just so the current comp league actually shows up at the bottom.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Post by Moist von Lipwig »

The leagues now run as per road.cc - one to rule them all. As you point out, it would be a bit easier if there was one 'register' at the start of the season and you opt in or out into each race rather than register separately for each one.

Which league are we using for Binkbank/The rest of the season? I'm still in the Giro one and can see Si/Just a Kiwi/El Tel/Jimmy. Will this do for the Vuelta where more people will be in or do we need a new blanket generic named one?

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight
FS Record: FPL Spring 16 Winner 2010-11. Murfs F1 Predictions 2012 Winner. Pick Quick 2012-13 Winner. SP4s Predictions League A & Champions League

Vuelta has just this minute opened whilst I was checking for today's scores.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

sibrown4
Grumpy Old Man

Post by sibrown4 »

Moist von Lipwig wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 13:16 The leagues now run as per road.cc - one to rule them all. As you point out, it would be a bit easier if there was one 'register' at the start of the season and you opt in or out into each race rather than register separately for each one.

Which league are we using for Binkbank/The rest of the season? I'm still in the Giro one and can see Si/Just a Kiwi/El Tel/Jimmy. Will this do for the Vuelta where more people will be in or do we need a new blanket generic named one?
Thanks MVL. I’m opening up a separate League for The Vuelta now. Bit messy to,now stay with one league but we should do that next season.

Moist von Lipwig
FISO Knight

sibrown4 wrote: 21 Aug 2018, 07:24
Moist von Lipwig wrote: 16 Aug 2018, 13:16 The leagues now run as per road.cc - one to rule them all. As you point out, it would be a bit easier if there was one 'register' at the start of the season and you opt in or out into each race rather than register separately for each one.

Thanks MVL. I’m opening up a separate League for The Vuelta now. Bit messy to,now stay with one league but we should do that next season.
I shall delete the previous leagues I appear in now. Shall we just stick with the Vuelta league for the rest of the season? It'll have the collection of all current Velogamers in one place.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

What's the code for Vuelta? My son wants to join in for the first time as well. Nothing like a sharp learning curve to break him in :D . Plouay this weekend, well looking forward to it.

jimmy ching
Dumbledore

Post by jimmy ching »

I'm a dimwit, I've found it on the Fiso Vuelta page. Code 483246812

View Latest: 1 Day View Your posts

Return to “Fantasy Cycling”